大家好 周四愉快
– Hey everybody, happy Thursday.
今天的这个问题选自推特
Now today’s question comes from Twitter.
我跟你们很多人说过
I asked a bunch of you
把你们想问的问题发给我
for your questions and you sent
而这次的问题问得很好
them in and this one’s a good one.
在我们开始之前 记得先关注哦
Before we jump into it,make sure you’re subscribed.
如果你是第一次听我的节目 那么欢迎你
Are you new to my channel? Welcome,
我在每周一和周四会发布视频
I put out videosMondays and Thursdays
所以大家记得把消息通知打开
so make sure you have thosenotifications turned on
这样就不会错过最新的视频啦
so you don’t miss out.
现在 让我们看看这次的问题
But let’s get into that question.
这个问题是 凯蒂
And the question is, Kati,
我想知道你对习得性无助的看法
I’d love to know your opinion on learned helplessness,
你是否相信它会严重影响人类
whether or not you believeit’s something that strongly
是的话 那解决它的最好办法又是什么呢?
affects people and if so,the best way to unlearn it.
不久前 Veritasium发布了一个
Veritasium did a video on it
有关这个问题的视频
a while back and
我希望你观看视频并回答这一问题
I want your take on it.
我会把这个视频链接放在我的问题描述中
I will link his video in the description.
这个视频做的非常好 对我来说
It is a great video andthis was super interesting
这是一个很有趣的研究话题 好的 谢谢你的提问
for me to research, sothanks for asking it.
先概括一下 就我所知
Now in a nutshell, what I learnedabout learned helplessness
早在1967年就有人研究过习得性无助
is that it was something studied in 1967.
你们懂的 在那时拿小动物做研究并不违法
Back then, just so youknow, they could do studies
相反在1967年 这是合法的
on things that technically they couldn’t get away with now.
他们利用三组小狗
What they did was they hadthree different studies
做了三个不同的试验
on groups of dogs and yes,
当然 我和你们一样对这些人
I’m just as upset as you
用小狗做实验感到恼怒
that they did these studies on dogs.
总之 我想告诉大家这个实验的设计理念
Briefly, I want to tell youhow the research studies
以便于我们更好理解
were set up so that wecan kind of understand
他们是怎么意识到
how they came to believe that
习得性无助的存在 我们开始吧
learned helplessness was a thing, okay?
我得照着我的笔记读
I’m going to read
以防我漏掉东西 或者曲解了信息
from my notes to make sure I don’t forget anything or misinterpret the information.
该实验需要三组小狗 所以研究人员把所有小狗
All three groups of dogs,so they broke the dogs
分成了三个组 并对这三组小狗进行电击 电击是随机的
into three different groups, they were all given shocks randomly.
有的小狗可以逃脱电击 有的则无路可逃
Some could escape the shockswhile others had no way out.
接下来 松开其中一组小狗的绳子
So some were let out of their harnesses
这样 它们就可以逃离这个地方 或者至少可以避开电击
so they could get out and get away.
其中一组小狗 能够触到那个可以让电击停止的控制杆
Others could hit a leverto stop the shocks
而最后一组小狗则无论如何都逃脱不了电击
and some couldn’t do anything.
不能逃脱的小狗 随后被转移
The ones that couldn’tget out were then moved
到另一个地方 和那组小狗呆在一起
to another area, with the other dogs.
所以就是 那些无路可逃的小狗
So the ones that had no way to escape the shocks were then placed
和能够逃脱的小狗放在了一起
with the other dogs that could.
而这第三组小狗被转移到的地方
This other area that they were moved to, with the other dogs,
它们只需要 跃过一个矮墙
the only thing they had to do to escape the shocks
就能够逃脱电击
was to jump over a short wall.
先前逃脱过的小狗 成功跃过了矮墙
The dogs that were able toescape prior, jumped over that wall,
他们想着 我可不想被电击
they’re like, I don’t want to get shocked.
本狗狗走也
I’m outta here.
而那些先前不能逃离电击的小狗
But the dogs who weren’t able to escape the shocks previously,
这次甚至试都不试一下
didn’t even try to escape it this time,
即使它们可以跳过矮墙
even though they could.
这种从小狗身上观察到的习得性行为
This learned behavior that they observed in the dogs,
这种觉得自己无论怎么做
the belief that no matter what they did,
都不能免受电击的思维
they could never escape the shocks, is what they
研究人员称之为习得性无助
then called learned helplessness.
这就是这个术语的来源
That’s really where thatterm originated from.
他们发现抹除这些小狗习得性无助
They found that the only way to get these dogs to unlearn
的唯一办法
that learned helplessness,was to physically go
就是我们亲自进入这个笼子
into the cages, pick thedogs up and remove them
把小狗从它们被电击的地方拎出去
from the area wherethey were being shocked.
这样的动作至少得重复两次
They’d have to do this at least two times.
而对有的小狗 则不止两次
For many dogs, they hadto do it many more times,
直到小狗们意识到 它们真的可以离开
until they would realize thatthey could actually leave
它们能够控制发生在它们身上的事情
and they had control overwhat was happening to them.
我认为习得性无助会在被虐待
The way that I believe learnedhelplessness
尤其是在被虐待的人
could present in people would be as a result of abuse,
身上出现
especially constant abuse.
患有复杂性应激后障碍的观众就明白
Any of us who have been diagnosed with CPTSD could understand
他们可能陷入了呆滞的状态
that maybe we’ve been stuck in that freeze state,
这种症状会断断续续的出现并影响患者一生
off and on throughout our whole lives.
还记得我和Alexa拍摄的那些视频中
Remember when I did those videos with Alexa,
我们谈到了战斗 逃跑和呆滞三种反应
we talked about fight or flight and freeze.
因为战斗 逃跑在上面这里
So flight or flight is uphere
而一般范围在下面这
and our normal range is here, right?
所以无论是战斗还是逃跑 我都可以
Fight or flight, I can get out.
呆滞是指我们持放任的态度
Freeze is when we dissociate.
我们知道自己逃不掉了
We honestly know thatthere’s nothing we can do
就索性不挣扎了 只是暗暗祈祷不管是疼痛
to get out and we freeze,hoping that the pain
还是虐待 或是其它什么 都能快点结束
or the abuse or whatever’sgoing on will just stop.
我真心认为 我们可以把这种不挣扎的情况
I honestly think that wecould deem the freeze state
视为另一种习得性无助
another form of learned helplessness.
在研究人员对小狗做了这个实验后
After the study thatthey did with the dogs,
他们进一步开始研究人类
future research went on tostudy humans and to figure out
想知道人类是否也被习得性无助困扰
if we also struggle withthis learned helplessness.
他们研究人类的方法是
The way that they went about it with humans is that
把参与测试的人和研究人员一起关在不同的房间里
they had us in rooms, taking tests or doing tasks,
让其中一些参与测试的人听那些让人抓狂的噪音
and some people hadthis loud noise going on
而且他们无法关掉噪音
that they could never turn off.
另一组则听着同样的噪音
The other group had thesame loud noise going on
但不同的是 他们可以把噪音关了
but they knew that they had the ability to turn it off.
研究人员告诉他们
The person who sat them in the room said,
如果噪音对你造成了困扰
“ if that becomes a bother to you,
你可只需按一下这个开关
you can flip the switch
就可以把噪音关了
“and turn it off.”
测试者最终是否真的关了噪音 这无关紧要
Whether or not they actuallyturned it off is irrelevant.
紧要的是他们知道 对现在的困境自己并非无能为力
Just the belief that theycould made all the difference,
因为当他们被要求完成这项任务的时候
because when they looked at the tasks and what they were asked to complete,
那些知道自己可以关掉噪音的人
those who knew they had the power to turn that noise off,
即使他们最终没关
even if they left it on,
他们的表现也比那些对噪音无能为力的人要好
did much better than those who didn’t.
那些感觉对现在的困境无能为力的人
Those who didn’t feel they had any control
在任务中的表现就差强人意了
did much more poorly on their tasks.
所以这个实验实际上给我们透露了一个好消息
So what that tells us is actually great news.
即自我暗示
What that means is it’s all about our perception
和信念才是至关重要的
and what we tell ourselves.
你们知道我有多喜欢自我激励
You know how much I love positive self talk
这也是我们逃离习得性无助的方法
and that is what we can do to get out of this learned helplessness state
我们无论如何都改变不了
and the belief that nothing we do is ever going to change
我们的遭遇
what’s happening to us.
我们要改变上面这种消极的想法
We can change our thoughts, therefore we can change
这样才能改变思维 提高对抗环境的能力
how we feel and how we respond to our environment.
就像我经常说的
Just like I always say,
当我们试图去改变
the first thing that we can do
那些消极的想法或者
when we’re trying to change those
习得性无助时
negative or pessimistic or learned helplessness thoughts,
我们首先要做的就是开始留意它们
is to start noticing them.
开始记录你脑袋里悲观的想法
Start tracking how oftenyou have pessimistic beliefs
出现的频率
and thoughts run through your head,
以及和自己消极对话的频率 这些消极对话包括
saying things to yourself like this’ll never get better.
事情永远都不会出现好转 我做什么都是错的
Nothing I do is ever right.
倒霉的总是我
I’m always going to be stuckin this shitty situation.
不管你对自己说什么
Whatever it is you say to yourself,
我希望你能先留意到这些对话
I want you to first notice
然后驳斥这些消极的对话
and then I would like you to talk back to it.
我希望你丢掉那些消极的想法
I’d like you to replacethat pessimistic thought
对生活保持一种积极乐观的态度
or belief with a positive, amore happy outlook on life.
我知道这一开始很难
I know it can be hard at first.
或者我们可以想象这些话是我们的好朋友
Sometimes it helps toimagine that a good friend
或者爱人对我们说的 这样效果可能会更好一些
or a loved one is saying it instead, because overall,
我对这种自我激励的方法很有信心
I believe this positive self talk tool,
我们把它记在心里 因为这不仅能消除
we’re putting it in our belt, it can help not only take away
抑郁的症状 也可以有效的压制习得性无助的想法
depressive symptoms and learned helplessness thoughts
和行为 这一方法还能让我们更具韧性
and behaviors, but it can also just help our resiliency.
我们战胜那些在某个境遇里自发产生的想法
The more able we are to fight those automatic thoughts
或行为的能力越强
or things in our environment we can’t control,
我们就能更牢固的掌控它们
the more we’re able to keep those at bay
并且相信一切都会出现转机
and know that we’re going to be okay,
我们整个人也会感觉很顺畅
the better we’ll feel overall.
其实想想 这个方法貌似只有在逻辑上说得通
If you think about it, that kind of just
但其实并不实用 对吧?
makes logical sense, right?
但如果我们一直保持积极乐观的思维
As we continue in that positive path, it can give us
我们的力量和韧性都会有所提高
the strength and resiliency so that we feel confident
我们会感觉更加自信和坚强
and strong enough that we’ll never find ourselves
再也不会陷入这样的困境了
in a situation like that again.
正如Veritasium中的Derek所说的
And just like Derek fromVeritasium said in his video,
我只希望
“ I just hope
通过这个视频 大家都能意识到
that this video lets you know that you do
其实我们都有改变自己现状的能力
“have the power to change your life.”
习得性无助或消极思维
“ You have the ability to manage any “
或许一直在你脑海中回旋
of those learned helplessness or pessimistic thoughts
但其实我们有掌控它的能力
“that may run around in your head.”
你能够摆脱这一切
You can stop that.
你有能力助自己走出困境
You can help yourself.
你从来都不是孤立无援
You are never helpless.
此视频是由Patreon网站Kinions栏目为大家呈现
This video has been brought to you by the Kinions on Patreon.
如果你想支持这些心理健康类的视频
If you would like to support the creation of
点击视频描述中的链接
these mental health videos, click the link in
进入网站观看
the description and check it out.
最后 记得在评论区写下你的想法
As always, leave in the comments other thoughts
或者补充我在视频中遗漏的信息
that you have, maybe things that I missed.
有关习得性无助 我们还有很多可以讨论
There’s so much to talk about when it comes to
如果你想知道更多
learned helplessness and if you want more information
有关抑郁或其他信息
about depression or other topics,
到播放列表中查找
check out those playlists
下次见 拜!
and I’ll see you next time, bye!