未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为鲸所吞,尚能活否?

What If You Were Swallowed by a Whale?

Something is lurking in the water.
有东西正潜伏于水下
Do you see it?
你看见了吗?
Close calls like this happen with whales more often
像这种从鲸鱼口中死里逃生的几率
than you might expect.
比你想象的要高
And although the people in these videos
尽管这些视频中的人
got away relatively unscathed,
都相对毫发无损地离开了
there’s no denying that they were just meters
但不可否认 稍有差池
away from being a whale’s lunch.
他们就会成为鲸鱼的午餐
如果他们没这么幸运呢?
人类能被鲸鱼吞下后幸存下来吗?
has it ever happened before?
这种事儿在之前发生过吗?
this is what if
这里是《自然无常》
and here is what happen if you were swallowed by a whale
下面就是你被鲸鱼吞下后会发生的事情
If you’ve never seen a whale up close,
如果你从未近距离观察过鲸鱼
it’s hard to comprehend just how monstrous they can really be.
就很难想象鲸鱼有多么巨大
To put it in perspective, the blue whale is the largest animal on the planet!
事实上 蓝鲸是地球上最大的动物!
Its tongue alone weighs as much as an elephant, and
仅舌头就和一头大象一样重
it can fit anywhere between 400 and 500 people in its mouth.
它的嘴能装下400到500人
But we wouldn’t have to worry about one of these guys swallowing us anytime soon,
但是我们无需担心会被某条鲸鱼吞下
because their anatomy makes it nearly impossible.
因为从蓝鲸的生理构造上看 这几乎不可能
Instead, we should be more concerned
我们反而更应该注意
with their smaller cousins, sperm whales.
比它们体态更小的亲戚:抹香鲸
In 1891,
1891年
reports emerged that a man had been swallowed by one of these whales,
据报道 有个人曾被抹香鲸吞食
and although he lived to tell the tale,
尽管他活了下来并讲述了自己的经历
he would never be the same again…
却再不想“重蹈覆辙”
According to the story, James Bartley was swallowed
故事声称 詹姆斯·巴特利
when a whale attacked his ship,
是在鲸鱼攻击他的船时被吞下的
and he wasn’t retrieved until the following day.
直到第二天才被发现
When the crew found and killed the whale,
船员找到并杀死这只鲸鱼后
they quickly brought it on board their ship and cut it open,
迅速将鲸鱼抬上船并剖开它的肚子
revealing an unconscious but very alive James Bartley.
才发现失去意识但仍活着的詹姆斯·巴特利
His face and arms were bleached white, and he was blind,
他的脸和手臂都变白了 同时他也失明了
all thanks to the stomach acids of the whale.
全都是因为鲸肚子里的胃酸
However, as the years went by,
然而 随着时间流逝
people started poking holes in this story
人们开始发现这个故事的漏洞
and questioned whether James had really been swallowed by a whale.
并质疑詹姆斯是否真的曾被鲸鱼吞下过
I mean, wouldn’t the stomach acids do more damage than just bleaching his skin?
胃酸难道只漂白了他的皮肤而已吗?
Well, with the power of science, we took a closer look,
利用科学技术 我们做了近一步的分析
and we quickly discovered that if you get swallowed by a whale,
我们很快发现 如果你被鲸鱼吞了
coming back out with shiny white skin would be the least of your worries.
皮肤变白是最不需要担心的
Okay, so the first thing you’d have to worry about
首先要担心的就是
once you were swallowed would be getting shredded to pieces
一旦被抹香鲸吞下
by the sperm whale’s impressive set of teeth.
你会被它锋利的牙齿撕成碎片
Each tooth is approximately 20 centimeters long,
每一颗牙都接近20厘米长
that’s about the length of an average chef knife,
差不多是一把厨师刀的长度
and whales have anywhere from 40 to 50 of these.
而抹香鲸拥有40-50颗这样的牙齿
Let’s say you’re lucky enough to make it past all of them,
假设你运气好 躲过了所有的牙齿
next you’d begin your descent down the throat.
接下来你会滑到它的喉咙
Not only would it be dark and slimy down here,
那里不仅又黑又黏
but you’d also find it hard to breathe
还会让你呼吸困难
due to the lack of oxygen and an increase in methane gas.
因为那里缺少氧气且甲烷众多
As the whale’s throat muscles constricted in and out to help force you down,
随着鲸鱼的喉部肌肉收缩 你会加速向下
you’d also start to feel hydrochloric acid beginning to eat away at your skin.
你会开始感觉到盐酸腐蚀你的皮肤
I know what you’re thinking,
我知道你在想什么
we just got into this whale, and
我们只是刚被鲸鱼吞下
James Bartley’s story already seems pretty fishy.
詹姆斯·巴特利的故事仍然充满疑点
Well, you’re not wrong, but what would be the fun in stopping now???
你没错 但是接下去会发生什么有趣的呢
So, next you’d be dropped into the first,
接下来 你会掉进鲸鱼四个胃中
and largest, of the whale’s four stomachs.
第一个也是最大的胃
You’d probably be in there for a while, but
你可能会在那里待上一会儿
the bright side is you might have some light
好消息是 你可能会看到一些光亮
in the form of a bioluminescent squid or two being noshed on after your arrival;
这是在你后边进来的一两条发光鱿鱼发出的光
sperm whales love the neon flying squid.
抹香鲸喜欢这种游动发光的鱼
You’d better enjoy this brief light show, because
你最好享受一下这短暂的灯光秀
after this you’d just be tossed from one stomach to the next,
因为接下来 你会从一个胃冲到下一个
with the acids breaking down almost all of your body
那里的酸几乎可以分解你身体的每个部位
until you’re just a bunch of bones
直到剩下一堆骨头
being unceremoniously ejected from the whale’s anus.
被鲸鱼毫不客气地排泄出来
So yeah, it’s pretty safe to say that
所以 可以很确定的说
there’s no way you could be swallowed whole by a whale
你是不可能被鲸鱼吞下了
and live to tell the tale.
还活着出来讲故事的
Sorry, James. You may have been able to fool people in the 1890s,
抱歉詹姆斯 你也许可以忽悠19世纪90年代的人
but we’re on to you now.
但我们不会相信你
As vast as they are and as monstrous as they might seem to us,
尽管鲸鱼对我们来说很大很可怕
whales actually have no interest in eating humans.
实际上它们对吃人不感兴趣
And if they could talk, they would probably make a point of telling us that.
如果能说话 它们可能会告诉人类的
But that’s a topic for another WHAT IF.
但那是下期《自然无常》的话题了

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如果被鲸鱼吞食,人是否有可能活着出来呢?让我们来用科学的方法来分析其中的细节。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Fred C

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JBMvUMJuyQ

相关推荐