ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

不睡觉会怎样? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

不睡觉会怎样?

What If You Stopped Sleeping?

嗯……睡觉!好像怎么样都睡不够,它就像
Ahhh… Sleep! You can never have enough of it, it seems…
事实上,有时候真的好像感觉没有睡够,但如果你一直不睡觉会怎么样?
In fact, sometimes it literally feels like you aren’t getting enough, but what if you stopped sleeping all together?
奇怪的是,科学无法完全解释为什么我们需要睡觉以及睡觉当初如何形成的。
Strangely, science understands relatively little about why we sleep or how it evolved in the first place.
总之,在几乎没有潜藏肉食动物的时候无意识地躺着并连续睡上几个小时看起来都是有利无弊的聪明之举。
After all, laying unconscious and dormant for hours on end while predators lurk hardly seems advantageous or smart.
但是,我们也发现了一些相关事宜。
But, we have discovered a few correlations.
比如,每晚睡眠时间在6到8小时的成人往往更长寿。
For example, adults who sleep between 6 to 8 hours a night tend to live longer.
然而过多的睡眠也会导健康问题包括心血管疾病和糖尿病。
Excess of sleep, however can lead to medical problems including cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
同样,长期睡眠不足也会出现心血管疾病,肥胖症,抑郁,甚至脑损伤方面的问题。
Similarly, chronic sleep deprivation has been linked to aspects of cardiovascular disease, obesity, depression and even brain damage.
但如果你从现在开始不睡觉会怎么样?
But what if you stopped sleeping right now?
好吧,在你的第一个无眠之夜后你的中脑缘系统会受到刺激并且产生很多巴胺。
Well, after your first sleepless night your mesolimbic system becomes stimulated and dopamine runs rampant.
这些实际上可能会激发额外的精力,积极性,甚至性冲动。
And this may actually trigger some extra energy, motivation, positivity, and even sex drive.
听起来好像很吸引人,但这是一条不归路。
Sounds appealing, but its a slippery slope.
你的大脑开始慢慢关闭负责计划和评估决策的区域,从而导致更多的冲动行为。
Your brain slowly begins to shut off the regions responsible for planning and evaluating decisions, leading to more impulsive behavior.
一旦出现疲惫,你就会发现自己经常反应迟缓,知觉与认知功能衰退。
Once exhaustion sets in, you’ll find yourself with slower reaction times & reduced perceptual and cognitive functions.
一两天不睡觉以后,身体会失去正常代谢葡萄糖的能力,免疫系统也会停止工作。
After a day or two of no sleep, the body loses its ability to properly metabolize glucose and the immune system stops working as well.
有些情况下,3天不睡觉会导致出现幻觉。
In some cases, 3 days of no sleep has lead to hallucinations.
在意你的外表看起来怎么样?研究表明睡眠匮乏跟一个人的感观美有直接关系,也就是说,缺乏睡眠的人比那些休息的好的人看起来更不健康更缺少吸引力。
Care about how you look? Studies have shown that direct correlation between sleep deprivation and a person’s perceived beauty, that is to say, sleep-deprived individuals appeared less healthy and less attractive than when they were well-rested.
最长的科学记录不睡觉时长为264小时或者说11天。
The longest scientifically documented case of being awake was 264 hours or 11 days.
虽然他们确实出现了在集中注意力,感知和兴奋性方面的问题,但是令人惊讶的是他们并没有受到严重的长期健康影响。
And while they did develop problems with concentration, perception and irritability, the surprising truth is that they suffered no serious long term health effects.
事实上,在这些在案记录的所有人都经历过医学,生理,神经,精神上的问题。
In fact, no individuals under these documented conditions experienced medical, physiological, neurological or psychiatric problems.
但是资料有限,这也并不意味着更多不眠时间不会造成永久伤害。
But there are limited studies, and this doesn’t mean permanent damage couldn’t be inflicted with more time.
以鼠缺乏睡眠实验为例,通常2周后就会导致死亡。
Sleep deprivation experiments on rats for example, generally lead to death after about 2 weeks.
但是,科学家们并不能完全确认死亡是否是由于缺乏睡眠或者由于时常清醒的压力。
But, scientists aren’t totally sure if there dying from the lack of sleep or from the stress of constantly being woken up.
也许你应该看看那些患有家族失眠症的来寻找答案。
Perhaps you should look at fatal familial insomnia for an answer.
一种罕见的大脑遗传疾病造成失眠症不断恶化,或者失眠导致幻觉,痴呆,最终死亡。
A rare genetic disease of the brain which causes progressively worsening insomnia or sleeplessness leading to hallucinations, dementia and ultimately, death.
这种疾病只影响地球大约100人,但是他们的平均存活时长大约为18个月。
This disease is only affected around 100 people in the world, but their average survival span was around 18 months.
长此以往,缺乏睡眠会变的更糟,而且身体器官也会失去功能。
Over time, the lack of sleep becomes worse and the body’s organs begin to shut down.
所以,虽然缺乏睡眠肯定不会马上致死,但是一直缺乏睡眠会给你的身体带来负面影响。
So, while a lack of sleep won’t necessarily kill you quickly, continual sleep deprivation will have a negative effect on your body.
睡个好觉,但不要睡太多.
Sleep tight, but not too much!
有一个急待解决的问题要回答吗?
Got a burning question you want answered?
在脸书或推特的评论区留言 留意我们脸书上的ScienceAlert主页 这可是个让你与时俱进且了解最新新闻和重大突破的好途径
Ask it in the comments or in Facebook and Twitter, and if you can’t get enough science in your life, check out the ScienceAlert Facebook page, which is one of the best out there to keep you up to date and entertained with the latest news and breakthroughs.
订阅AsapSCIENCE收看更多每日科学视频!
And subscribe to AsapSCIENCE for more weekly science videos!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhDkKAvxFk

相关推荐