未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

赖床的危害

What If You Never Got Out Of Bed

Forty-three percent of Americans
有43%的美国人
say they’re too tired to function.
说他们太累了 无法工作
So, odds are, you’re pretty exhausted.
所以 很有可能 你已经很累了
Some mornings, you might even fantasize
在无数个早晨 你可能甚至都会幻想
about staying in bed…forever.
永远躺在床上
Hey, look, your wish came true!
嘿 看 你的愿望实现了
You’ve got food, a bedpan,
你有食物 有便盆
and an endless stream of podcasts to binge.
还有无穷无尽的播客可以供你狂欢
Everything you need to never move again.
所有你需要的东西都不会再移动了
But it won’t be long until you realize
但不久后你就会意识到
that you’ve made a terrible mistake.
你犯了一个可怕的错误
WHAT IF YOU NEVER GOT OUT OF BED
如果你不再起床
People spend lazy Sundays or sick days in bed all the time
人们在懒散的星期天或生病时会赖在床上
and are no worse for wear,
这并不会对身体造成损害
but if you don’t start moving again after about 24 hours,
但是如果你持续24小时不活动的话
one of the first things to change is your lungs.
首先出问题的 就是你的肺部
Gravity isn’t pulling them down into their normal position anymore,
重力不再把它们下拉到正常的位置
so the lower part of your lungs will crumple up.
所以你的肺的下部分会皱起来
You probably won’t feel any different, but watch out,
你可能不会感受到什么不同 但是小心
because it’s harder for mucus to pass through those collapsed passages.
因为粘液很难通过那些坍塌的通道
So it can get trapped, which can infect your lungs
所以它会被困住 造成肺部感染
and ultimately lead to pneumonia.
最终导致肺炎
That’s why doctors tell people on bed rest
这就是为什么医生告诉卧床休息的人
to sit up and cough from time to time.
要坐起来 时不时咳嗽一下的原因
But you’re way too engrossed in those podcasts
但是你太沉迷于那些播客了
to remember to cough.
而忘记了咳嗽
Within a week, your problems only get worse.
在一周之内 你的问题只会变得更糟糕
You see, normally, your muscles and bones help support your weight under gravity.
正常情况下 你的肌肉和骨骼在重力作用下支撑着你的体重
But now that you’re lying down, they’re out of a job.
但是现在你一直躺着 它们就失业了
And as the saying goes, if you don’t use ’em, you lose ’em.
俗话说 用进废退
For every week in bed,
在床上每多躺一周
you lose about 1% of your bone density,
你就会失去1%的骨密度
making your bones more brittle and easy to fracture.
这会使你的骨骼更脆弱 更容易骨折
That’s why astronauts, who often go for months without gravity,
这就是为什么宇航员们在数月没有重力的情况下
exercise for at least two hours a day and load up on calcium.
需要每天至少锻炼两小时还要补钙
In that same week, you also lose 1% of your muscle mass,
在同一周内 你还会失去1%的肌肉质量
particularly in your thighs, butt, and shoulders, which you’re no longer using.
特别是你不再使用的大腿 臀部和肩膀部位
Now, normally, those muscles would suck sugar
正常情况下 这些肌肉会从你的血液中
from your blood for energy to function,
吸收糖分来获得能量
but after just 10 days of bed rest,
但仅仅是10天的卧床休息之后
this process slows down.
这个过程就会变慢
The result?
结果呢?
All of that unused sugar can build up in your bloodstream
这些未使用的糖分就会在你的血液中堆积起来
and lead to Type 2 diabetes.
导致2型糖尿病
By week two, you can start developing nasty ulcers
到了第二周 你就会开始患上一种溃疡
called bedsores.
被称为褥疮
These form when the bony parts of your body,
它多发于骨头凸起处
like your hips, tailbone, and ankles,
比如你的臀部 尾骨和脚踝
press against the same spot for too long.
同一个部位会长时间处于压迫之中
The constant pressure blocks blood flow,
持续的压力会阻碍血液流动
killing your skin cells.
杀死皮肤细胞
And if you’re not careful,
如果你不小心
they could even rip through layers of skin and tissue
持续的压力甚至会使皮肤和组织撕裂开
and expose your bones and muscles,
暴露你的骨骼和肌肉
which sounds like the opposite of relaxing.
这听起来像是放松的反义词
Meanwhile, those muscles are wasting away faster than ever.
与此同时 这些肌肉会比以往任何时候都消耗得更快
After just two weeks,
仅仅两周后
you’ve lost a whopping 10% of your muscle mass.
你就失去了10%的肌肉
And that causes a new problem,
那将会导致一个新的问题
because the less muscle you have,
因为你的肌肉越少
the less oxygen, and therefore blood flow, they need.
它们需要的氧气就越少 因此血流量也就越少
So, after a month in bed,
所以 在床上躺一个月后
your heart pumps 30% less blood per beat.
你每次心搏所泵出的血量会减少30%
And with less oxygen circulating through your body,
随着体内循环氧气的减少
you feel more tired.
你会感到更累
Even though you’ve been resting for a solid month.
即使你已经休息了整整一个月
And if you don’t get up soon, well,
并且如果你不快点起床
you’re going to have a hard time ever getting up again.
那么 你再起床就会变得很艰难了
Because six months, maybe a year in,
因为再过六个月或一年
most of your muscles have wasted away.
你的大部分肌肉都退化了
Your bones are too weak and fragile to bear your weight,
你的骨骼太脆弱 承受不了你的重量
and your heart isn’t strong enough
你的心脏也不够强壮
to do much work anytime soon.
无法做大量工作了
Meanwhile, your brain isn’t a happy camper either.
与此同时 你的大脑也不会再感到快乐了
After all, you’ve been stuck in the same room for months.
毕竟 你已经被困在同一个房间里好几个月了
Staring at the same walls, the same spot on the ceiling,
盯着同一面墙 天花板上的同一个地方
having the same experiences day after day.
日复一日地经历着同样的事情
Not great for mental health, to say the least.
退一步说 这对心理健康不好
A study of pregnant women found that bed rest
一项关于孕妇的研究发现
increased their risk of anxiety and depression,
卧床休息增加了她们焦虑和抑郁的风险
and some women reported feeling isolated,
一些妇女报告说她们有被孤立
out of control, and imprisoned.
失控和被监禁的感觉
So, no, a year of uninterrupted bed rest
所以 不 一年不间断的卧床休息
is not the relaxing paradise we’d all dream it’d be.
并不是我们所梦想的放松天堂
And this is exactly why doctors try to get their patients up and walking as quickly as possible.
这就是医生们都会让他们的病人尽快站起来走路的原因
In the meantime, medical staff turn people every two hours
与此同时 医务人员每两小时将病人翻转一次
to keep bedsores at bay
以防止褥疮
and encourage them to do exercises in bed
并鼓励他们在床上做锻炼
to get their heart and muscles working.
使心脏和肌肉得到锻炼
So, just keep in mind:
所以 只要记住:
There’s nothing wrong with a lazy Sunday morning,
过一个慵懒的周日早晨没有什么不对
as long as you’re up and moving before Monday strikes.
但在周一之前一定要起床活动活动

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

主要介绍了一个人如果一直赖床,他的身体会发生哪些变化。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

YXG-b6423

审核员

审核员YY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4zvXpQW1Y

相关推荐