未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

世界上最辣的辣椒

What If You Ate the Spiciest Pepper in the World?

It can make you sweat,
它会让你汗如雨下
cry,
流泪
and even send you to the hospital.
甚至会把送你进医院
This is the Carolina Reaper,
它就是卡罗莱纳死神辣椒
the world’s hottest pepper.
世界上最辣的辣椒
What would happen if you ate one of these whole?
如果你吃下一整颗 会发生什么呢?
What if you ate 1,000 of them?
吃下1000颗又会怎么样呢?
What makes this pepper so hot?
为何这种辣椒如此之辣?
你的身体又能承受多少呢?
你又该怎么应对这种情况呢?
This is WHAT IF
欢迎收看《自然无常》
And here is what would happen
本集我们将讲述
if you ate 1,000 of the hottest pepper in the world?
如果你吃下1000颗世界上最辣的辣椒会发生什么呢
Some people can eat incredibly spicy peppers
有些人即使吃很辣的辣椒
with no problem.
也能毫无感觉
In fact, people love competition where they eat
事实上 人们热衷于参加比赛
dozens of Carolina Reapers.
这时 他们可能需要吃几十个卡罗莱纳死神辣椒
Scientists think that
科学家们认为
this might be psychological
这可能是心理上的竞争
and that these people have a higher pain tolerance
而这些人比那些吃完墨西哥辣椒后
than those who cry after eating a jalapeño.
流泪的人拥有更强的忍痛能力
So sure,
当然了
some people can handle a Carolina Reaper or two,
有些人确实能够承受一到两颗卡罗莱纳死神辣椒
but what would happen if you ate 1,000?
但如果吃下一千颗会怎么样呢?
As soon as you pop the first pepper into your mouth,
当第一颗辣椒入口后
you’ll begin to sweat.
你便会开始流汗
This is the first sign
这是第一个征兆
of your pain responses being activated.
表示你的痛感已被激活
Your metabolism will also be kickstarted
你的新陈代谢也会被唤醒
since you’re sweating.
—其实从你开始流汗时便已经开始了
This will allow you to burn some calories
在你疯狂吃下死神辣椒的时候
as you’re on this hot pepper binge.
你的卡路里也在燃烧
It might not hit you right away,
你可能不会立刻被辣味刺激到
but you’ll eventually start to feel
但慢慢地你开始感觉到
an intense burning sensation on your tongue
舌头上有一种强烈的灼烧感
and then all around your mouth.
然后蔓延到整个口腔
Whatever part of your body is touched by the Carolina Reapers Oil
身体的任一部位接触到死神辣椒油后
will be at risk of feeling burning and numbing sensations.
都会产生灼烧感和麻木感
You might want to wear some goggles,
或许 你应该戴上护目镜
as getting any sort of hot pepper in your eyes
因为一旦辣椒接触到你的眼睛
will cause severe pain and
将会引起剧烈的疼痛感
could even lead to blindness.
甚至会导致失明
As the pepper travels down your throat,
当辣椒顺着你的喉咙往下时
more pain receptors will be activated.
更多的痛觉感受器会被激活
You’ll continue to sweat,
你还是会不停地出汗
and at this point you might start crying.
此时你可能还会开始流泪
But why is any of this happening to you in the first place?
但是你的身体为什么会发生这种变化呢?
Well, peppers are rated on the Scoville Heat Scale.
要知道 辣椒的辣度是以斯科维尔辣度指数进行量度的
For example, a jalapeño pepper has 8 thousand Scoville Heat rating.
例如 1个墨西哥辣椒的辣度有8000个斯科维尔
But the thing we’re eating, the Carolina Reaper,
但我们要吃的东西 卡罗莱纳死神辣椒
is rated at 1.6 million Scoville heat units,
则有160万个斯科维尔
which isn’t much less than U.S. military-grade pepper spray.
丝毫不逊于美国的军用级辣椒喷雾
So yeah, these things are pretty hot.
当然 辣椒喷雾的辣度也是不容小觑的
And the way these heat units are determined
而辣椒中辣椒素的辣度
is based on how hot the pepper’s capsaicin is.
才是衡量辣椒辣度的依据
Capsaicin is what produces that spicy,
辣椒素就是吃完辛辣的食物后
burning sensation we get from eating hot foods
使我们感到辣味和灼烧感的物质
So now that you know a bit more about these things,
现在 你需要了解一下接下来可能发生的事情
and you’ve eaten a couple of them,
你在吃了一两颗辣椒后
how are you feeling?
感觉如何
Probably not all that great.
大概不太好吧
When the pepper reaches your stomach,
辣椒进入胃部后
it will mix with your stomach acids.
与胃酸混合在一起
Your stomach will start to make more acid than usual,
胃部便会大量分泌胃酸
and more mucous to protect
和胃液来保护自身
itself from the capsaicin.
不受辣椒素的侵害
This will make you nauseous.
这会使你感到恶心
At this point,
然后
you might want to start chugging some milk
你可能开始想狂灌牛奶
or eating ice cream.
或者吃冰激凌
Dairy products contain casein,
奶制品含有酪蛋白
which helps to neutralize the spicy compounds,
有助于中和辣椒元
giving you some relief
并在一定程度上能够缓解痛感
If you don’t like dairy products and
如果你不喜欢乳制品
and decide to drink some water instead.
而决定还是喝水的话
Oh, huge mistake.
那真是大错特错
“It does nothing.”
“没有毛用”
Water spreads the capsaicin around your body,
水会将辣椒素扩散到全身
making your pain even worse.
加重疼痛感
As you continue to eat these peppers,
你继续吃着辣椒
you’ll continue to sweat,
继续出汗
cry and feel sick to your stomach.
流泪 感到胃部不适
And then, you’ll be running to the bathroom.
然后 冲进厕所
Eating all this spicy food will certainly lead to diarrhea.
吃完辛辣的食物 必定会引起腹泻
That’s because when you’re digesting spicy food,
那是因为当你在消化辛辣的食物时
you absorb more water,
你会摄入大量的水
which will lead to you sitting on the toilet for some time.
最后你可能需要在厕所里度过一段漫长的时间
But we’re not done yet.
但比赛还未完成
You still have hundreds of peppers to eat.
你仍有几百颗辣椒还未吃完
As you continue to eat them,
你继续咽下辣椒
you’ll eventually start vomiting,
最后 你会开始呕吐
and your body will begin to reject all this capsaicin.
你的身体也会开始排斥这些辣椒素
But if you do manage to get them all down,
但如果你一定要把它们解决掉
you could suffer from a capsaicin overdose,
你可能会因辣椒素服用过量而遭受痛苦
which could then kill you.
最后导致丧命
But everyone reacts
但对于同一级别的辣椒素
to this level of capsaicin differently.
每个人的反应是不一样的
There have been some cases where
曾有一些个案
eating a single Carolina Reaper
有人只吃了一个卡罗莱纳死神辣椒
has lead to narrowing of the brain arteries and massive headaches.
就已经导致了脑动脉收缩和剧烈头痛
So if you are going to eat some spicy food,
所以 如果你只是想要品尝一些辣食
maybe you should just stick to pouring hot sauce on chicken wings.
那你只需在鸡翅上淋些辣椒酱便可
Consuming this much capsaicin
食用过多的辣椒素
would certainly end up with you being sent to the hospital.
必将会以被送进医院而告终
But what if, instead of these spicy peppers
但如果我们要吃下的不是这些辣椒
we decided to eat mold?
而是霉菌呢?
Well, that sounds like a story for another WHAT IF.
哈哈 那将是下集《自然无常》所要讲述的故事了

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

介绍人们吃掉卡罗莱纳死神辣椒的反应及其原因

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

寇起风了璠fly

审核员
视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvfCrHwlfrY

相关推荐