大脑被完全开发后会发生什么呢?
You can do anything!
你可以做任何事!
Paint a masterpiece in a minute,
你可以一分钟绘出一幅大师级作品
learn every language in an hour,
你可以一小时学会所有语言
build a multi-billion dollar company overnight,
你可以一夜之间创立一家价值数十亿的公司
and rule the world by tomorrow!
甚至可以明天统治世界
是什么让你止步不前呢?
为什么你做不了想做的事情?
是因为婴孩时没有听够莫扎特?
成长时没有吃够蔬菜?
Or is it because you’re not using your brain at its full potential?
还是因为大脑没有被完全开发?
你想知道怎样才能开发大脑潜力吗?
This is ‘What If,’
这里是《自然无常》节目
and here’s what your brain would be like at full capacity.
本期主题是“假如你的大脑被完全开发”
The brain, to say the least, is very complex.
至少可以这么说 大脑是很复杂的
We’ve studied it for centuries, and we’re still learning more of its secrets today.
我们研究了几百年还不能穷尽其奥秘
But be careful!
但是 要小心了
The search for facts can sometimes lead to fiction.
在对大脑的认识过程中会混杂一些谬误
大脑越大 越聪明
错误
Brain size relates more to proportion than it does to intelligence.
大脑的体积 与生物的体型关系更大 而非智力
For example, here’s your brain next to a whale’s.
举例来说 这是人脑和鲸鱼脑
猜猜谁更聪明
猜猜谁的身体需要更多的处理能力?
Your brain is smaller than a whale’s because your body is smaller.
人脑比鲸鱼脑小是因为人体型更小
However, your brain is structured in a way that enables you to survive, and succeed.
然而 大脑的构造 是为了使人成功生存下去
说到底 你相信人脑只被开发了10%吗?
把它开发到100%
We’ve seen what really smart people can do.
我们知道天才是什么样的
They inspire us through art, music, and literature;
他们通过艺术 音乐 文学启发我们
they change the odds in sports;
他们改变了运动中的胜算
they come up with tools to make our lives easier;
他们发明工具 使我们的生活更便捷
and they help organize society as a whole to make us all more powerful
他们让社会成为一个整体 从而使我们更强大
for better or for worse.
虽然这种改变有利有弊
With access to your brain’s full capacity, you’re limitless.
满功率运转人脑 你将无所不能
So what do you do?
所以你会做什么呢?
First things first, you finally get to solve the Rubik’s cube
首先 你终于可以还原
that’s been collecting dust on your shelf.
那个一直在柜子里积灰的魔方了
Call up your smartest friend, and challenge them to a game of chess.
打电话给你最聪明的朋友 向他们挑战国际象棋
Checkmate in two moves.
两步完胜
乐趣
When you’re done being a smarty pants,
当你已无所不知
you’ll be looking for a real challenge.
你会想寻求一些真正的挑战
Since, being smart means
因为 聪明意味着
that you won’t be as stimulated by the things that keep us simpletons happy…
凡人的快乐再也不能使你快乐
你的兴趣爱好是什么?
艺术?
科学?
技术?
When you’re limitless, you don’t have to choose.
当你无所不能的时候 你不需要作出选择
“Picasso was overrated!”
“毕加索被高估了!”
“Sorry I’m late, I was up all night curing cancer!”
“不好意思我迟到了 整晚都在攻克癌症!”
“…so I thought, well why not? And that’s how the time traveling toilet came to be!”
“所以我想 为什么不呢? 时间旅行马桶就是这么来的!”
Okay, back up.
好吧覆水可以再收
我们无所不能吗?
What happens to your body when you’re dedicating all your brain’s energy
当大脑将能量用于创造 寻求疗法 获取专利时
to a creation, a cure, or a patent?
身体会有怎样的变化?
Your lungs breathing, your heart beating,
肺呼吸 心脏跳动
your food digesting, and your blood circulating
食物消化 血液循环
that’s all your brain.
这些都是大脑的工作
Even if you could access 100% of your brain’s capacity, you couldn’t use it.
即便大脑完全开发 你也不能100%用脑
You would be limited by your body’s survival needs.
你会因身体生存需要而受限
Remember when we asked,
记得当我们问
你相信人类的大脑只被开发了10%吗?
你相信吗?
The 10% thing is a myth; and it probably comes from a simple confusion.
10%是个误解 这可能来自于一个简单事实的混淆
Your brain is 10% neurons, and 90% glial cells.
大脑由10%的神经元和90%的神经胶质细胞构成
There are different types of neurons that take care of different functions,
不同种类的神经元有不同功能
but in general, your neurons enable you to process and transmit information,
但总的来说 神经元可以处理和传递信息
while your glial cells surround your neurons,
神经胶质细胞包围着神经元
providing them with support and insulation.
为它们提供支持并起到绝缘作用
所有人的大脑构造是一样的
Your brain has just as many neurons as Albert Einstein’s did!
你的脑神经元数量和爱因斯坦的一样多
如何让大脑变得更聪明呢?
像训练肌肉一样训练它
刺激它
尝试新的事物
接受挑战
得到足够的休息
Maintain healthy habits; that’s the smart thing to do!
保持健康的生活习惯 这很明智
And, of course, it’s a no brainer!
显而易见 这是不用动脑子的事
