ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我从奥巴马总统那里学到了什么 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我从奥巴马总统那里学到了什么

What I learned from President Obama - Smarter Every Day 151

你好 我是德斯汀 欢迎回到“每天聪明一点点”
Hey it’s me Destin welcome back to Smarter Everyday
我刚刚采访了美利坚合众国总统
I just interviewed the President of the United States of America
听起来很奇怪 因为我不是记者
Which is really strange because I’m not a journalist
不是政客 而是一名火箭工程师
I’m not a politician. I’m a rocket engineer.
就是说 我的采访角度与大多数人完全不同
Which means I’m going to come at this thing from a completely different angle than most people.
采访总统的过程很特别 因为你在了解他
The process of interviewing the President is strange because you learn things about him,
了解白宫的同时 你更加了解自己
and the White House of course, but you learn things about yourself.
本视频包含四个部分
Four parts of this video:
一 采访是如何实现的二 我的采访目标
The mechanics of how this happened; what my goals for the interview were;
三 采访内容四 我学到了什么
the interview itself; and what I learned.
采访候选者的名单应该很长
My understanding is there was a long list of people being considered
但突然 我作为潜在的候选人被采访
and then at some point, I was interviewed as a potential candidate.
我不是一个已注册的共和党或民主党人士
I’m not a registered Republican or Democrat
但他们直截了当地问我票投给了谁
but they asked me point blank who I voted for
我没有说
and I didn’t tell them
我回答问题的方式很明显
but the way I answered the question made it pretty clear to me
那就是我并不打算被选中
I was not going to be selected.
但我还是被选了
But I was.
保密三周后
It was a secret for 3 weeks
我去了洛杉矶 为这次采访拍摄宣传短片
and then I went out to L.A. to shoot a promo for the interview.
在那里我遇到了阿多恩迪和英格丽
It was there that I met Adonde and Ingrid.
他们很棒 做事脚踏实地
They were super cool and really down to earth.
我回家后 在网上提问 我该问总统什么问题
When I got home, I asked the Internet what they thought I should ask the President
我得到了各式各样的问题
And I got all kinds of answers.
有好问题 也有不好的问题 很神奇
I mean, good ones, bad ones. It was amazing.
但我不需要跟总统在每个问题上都观点一致
But think about it, I don’t agree with the president on every single issue,
所以对我来说 是个巨大的机遇
so I have a huge opportunity here,
我可以和世界上最有权力的人坐在一起
I could sit down with the most powerful man in the world
告诉他 我对国家管理的想法
and tell him how I think he should run the country,
或者 我可以接受我们看法不同的事实
or I could accept the fact that he might see things differently than I do
但努力去进行一次有意义的 灵光乍现的 尊重彼此的会谈
and try to have a meaningful, intelligent, respectful conversation.
我的目标并不限于 与一个在其他话题上可能和我有分歧的人
My goal was not to just have this intelligent, respectful conversation
进行一次灵光乍现的 尊重彼此的对话
with somebody I might disagree with on other topics
而是想向大家展示 这样的谈话也会很有趣
but to demonstrate that it could actually be fun!
为了实现这个目标 我去华盛顿会见总统
To do this, I went to Washington to meet the President.
采访前一天 我们去了一家位于马里兰的工作室
The day before the interview we went to a studio in Maryland,
和一个叫弗雷德里克的一起预演练习
and we practiced with a guy named Fredrick.
弗雷德里克在谷歌工作 临时充当总统 他很酷
He’s a stand-in hired by Google and he’s a really cool guy.
第二天 我们去了白宫
The next day, we went to the White House
见到了总统的狗
and we got to meet the President’s dogs
它们摸起来真舒服
which were really, really soft by the way.
我们预演了几遍 确保背景的滚动无误
We did some dry runs to make sure we knew how to roll our sets around,
每个人都各就各位 最后一次温习了问题
and then each of us kind of went off and reviewed our questions one last time
确保清楚将要说什么
to make sure we knew what we were gonna say.
接下来 等待总统
We then waited for the President,
他走进来 我们就开始了采访
and he walked in and we started the interview.
总统已经大概了解我们三人
The President had already been briefed on who the 3 of us were,
事实上 Swoozie还给总统准备了限时回答的环节
and the fact the Swoozie was gonna give him a lightning round,
然后我将和总统一起看段视频
then I was gonna watch a video with him,
英格丽准备问总统 口袋里有什么
and that Ingrid was gonna ask him about what’s in his pockets.
很多人都想知道
A lot of people wanna know,
我是否提前告知了白宫采访问题
did I share my questions with the White House,
采访之前 真的有这些卡片吗?
these are the actual cards, before the interview?
答案是 没有
And the answer is ‘no.’
事实情况是这样的:
This is how I know this:
采访时 我看着他的双眼
I was looking into his eyes during the interview,
通过非语言清晰地沟通
and it was clear, through nonverbal communication,
而这些东西只会使他设防
that these things were hittin’ him cold.
这令我印象深刻 当我反应过来后
That impressed me! When I figured that out,
我想 天啊 一个普通人进入白宫
I was like, “Holy cow. A common citizen going to the White House,
通过网络直播采访
talking to the most powerful man in the world,
和世界上最有权力的人交谈
on a live internet interview,
这次采访具有很高的透明度
that is an incredible amount of transparency.”
我不管你们怎么评论总统的政治活动
And I don’t care what you say about the man’s politics,
这次访问令我印象深刻 我很感激
that impressed me, and I appreciated that.
我不紧张的原因有很多
For many reasons, I wasn’t nervous,
事实上 我很期待这次采访
I was actually really excited about this.
我决定问第一个问题
I decided to ask the first question on
关于如何巧妙地回答可能不擅长的话题
how he gets smarter on topics he might not be the expert on.
答案很有趣 很明显
It was an interesting answer, because it’s clear that he’s
他在任期内一直都在改进方法
changed his methods over the course of his presidency.
在他回答这个问题时
As he was answering this question,
很明显 他切换到了访谈模式
it was pretty clear to me that he was in interview mode:
他的肢体语言有些僵硬
His body language was a little rigid.
要知道 此时此刻
Now keep in mind that at this point,
总统仍然不知道我将是哪一类采访者
the President still doesn’t know what kind of interviewer I’m gonna be.
他所了解的是 我可能怀有敌意
For all he knows, I could be hostile.
我永远不会忘记接下来的时刻
What happened next was a moment I will never forget
我早就知道我们志趣相投
I knew before he did that we were on the same wavelength,
我很想让他知道这一点
and I really wanted to let him know that,
毕竟 我已经听了他十小时的有声读物
after all, I had listened to him already for 10 hours via audiobook.
如果你仔细看总统的表情
If you watch the President’s face,
你就可以看到我们心照不宣的时刻
you can see the exact moment that we connect.
奥巴马:我认为
Obama: And that I think is pretty consistent with,
这与科学家如何处理问题大体上一致
you know, how scientists approach problems generally.
德斯汀:我明白 因为我听了你的有声读物
Destin: Now, I actually knew that about you because I’ve listened to your audiobooks,
在《我父亲的梦想》里
and, in “Dreams of My Father,”
它以2004年民主党全国代表大会上的讲话结尾
it ended with the 2004 Democratic National Convention speech.
你看到了吗
Did you see it?
视频倒退一些 再看看他的肢体语言
Let’s back it up and watch his body language.
他有些警惕 然后就是我们心照不宣的时刻
He’s a little guarded, and then the connection.
这很酷吧
Isn’t that cool?
在这一刻 采访的性质改变
It’s the exact moment that this quit being an interview,
成为我们两人间有趣而灵光乍现的谈话
and became a fun, intelligent conversation
我们都希望对方表现最佳
between two individuals who want the best for each other.
我永远不会忘记这个很酷的时刻
It was a really cool moment, and I won’t forget it.
我的第二个问题是关于两极分化
My second question was about polarization.
与过去很长一段时间相比 这个国家现今两极分化很严重
It’s been clear to me that the country is more polarized now than it’s been in a really long time,
有数据来说明
and in fact there’s data to back this up.
无论你的观点是什么 我们都经常看到
Whatever your views are,
一党派向另一党派兴师问罪 并将国家的所有问题都归咎于对方
it’s become really popular to yell at the other side and blame them for all the county’s problems.
总统说了他的想法
The president went into why he thinks this is happening.
奥巴马:问题是 当谈到政治时
Obama: And the problem is, is that when we get to our politics,
因为各种原因
for a whole host of reasons,
很大一部分原因在于 你知道 媒体都站不同的立场
a lot of it having to do with the fact that, you know, our media is now splintered,
比如说 有些人只看福克斯新闻
and so some people, they’re just watching Fox News,
有些人只读纽约时报
some people are just reading the New York Times,
他们不以基础的事实为基准
so they’re not, they don’t even start with a common baseline of facts.
看待世界时 几乎是看到两种不同的现实
They almost occupy two different realities in terms of how they see the world.
德斯汀:工程控制理论中 有个概念叫反馈环
Destin: In engineering control theory, there’s something called a feedback loop.
包含正反馈和负反馈
There’s a positive feedback, and a negative feedback.
如果你从系统中移除负反馈
If you remove negative feedback from any system,
系统就会变得分散且混乱无序
it almost always goes divergent and chaotic.
这不是政治学 这是数学
This is not political science. This is math.
当左翼或右翼人士只听与他们观点一致的媒体发声时
When people on the left or the right only listen to the media that agrees with their way of thinking,
这个情况就危险了
that’s a dangerous situation.
如果没有负反馈将你拉回正中
If there’s no negative feedback pulling you towards the center,
你就会慢慢偏离至极端主义
you’re gonna drift out closer to the extremes.
我非常赞同总统所说的
I really appreciated what the President said here,
因为在政治辩论中
because it’s a responsibility of everybody
两派都有责任
on both sides of the political debate
倾听双方的论证
to listen to both sides of the argument.
反之 你就像在回音室里一样
If not, you’re only going to be in an echo chamber,
仅仅是扩大了你想听到的声音
and you’re only gonna listen to those voices that amplify what you want to hear,
用不了多久 就只剩下大喊大叫
and pretty soon there’s nothing but yelling.
我的第三个问题有关太空
My third question was about space,
当时我请求和总统碰拳
which is when I solicited the presidential fist bump,
完全忘了像绅士学者一样吹嘘自己
then forgot to blow it up like a gentleman scholar.
不管怎样 你可以从我的表情看出 我对这个问题很期待
Anyway, you can tell by my face I was really excited about this question
我很想让你们听听总统的回答
and I’d love for you to go listen to the president’s answer.
我想以一个有趣的问题结束这次采访
I wanted to end on a fun note,
我问了一个来自红迪网的很酷的问题
so I asked him this really cool question from Reddit:
德斯汀:如果有个以你的名字命名的元素 奥巴马素
Destin: If there was an element named after you, Obamium,
[笑]
[laugh]
希望你是第一次听到这个问题
You’ve never been asked this, I hope.
奥巴马:我第一次听到这个问题德斯汀:太棒了
Obama: I have never been asked this!Destin: Yes!
所以问题是
So the question is:
奥巴马:这是第一次
Obama: This is a first.
德斯汀:你想有怎样的物理属性
Destin: So what would you want the physical properties–
奥巴马:这个元素是什么 这个元素……
Obama: What would be the elements of… what would be the–
德斯汀:奥巴马素就是这个元素
Destin: Obamium is the element.
奥巴马:奥巴马素的特性是什么
Obama: What would be the characteristics of Obamium?
德斯汀:对的 没错奥巴马:有意思
Destin: That’s right, that’s right.Obama: That’s interesting.
德斯汀:我现在不准备播放他的回答
Destin: I’m not gonna play his answers now,
我希望你能完整地观看采访视频
because I encourage you to go watch the full interview,
在白宫的Youtube频道可以看
in it’s entirety, on the White House’s Youtube channel.
最后 从这次采访中 我学到了什么
Ok, time to talk about what I learned,
准备提问世界上最有权力的人 反复思考问题的过程
The exercise of thinking through what you would ask the most powerful man in the world
和坐在家里的沙发 或在饮水机旁与朋友闲聊完全不同
is very different when you’re sitting at home on the couch or talking to your buddies around the water cooler
你需要仔细规划 然后坐下来
than if you’re actually planning on going and sitting down,
与他对视 问他问题
and looking him in the eye and asking him the questions.
我希望自己更睿智
I found myself wanting to be more informed,
更诚恳 更宽容
more cordial, I wanted to be more forgiving,
为什么不呢?为什么我们倾向于不尊重别人
Why is that? Why do we have a tendency to want to be disrespectful?
我在采访总统的过程中学到了两点
There’s 2 things I learned in the presidential interview process
关于如何与可能意见分歧的人交谈
about how to communicate with people you might have a difference with.
第一点:如果我在写邮件或打电话给某人
Number 1: If I’m typing to somebody or I’m chatting on the phone,
我会想象与那个人面对面坐着
I’m gonna pretend I’m sitting directly across from that person,
直视他的双眼
looking them in the eye,
因为我想显得有礼貌又亲切
because I want to be respectful and gracious.
第二点:如果只能倾听 也很棒
And Number 2: If I can just listen, it’s huge!
试想如果我认真倾听 不仅能构想一个巧妙的回答
Think about it, if I listen, not just to formulate my next response so I sound smart to them,
而且如果我能与他们真正交心
but if I truly listen to connect with them at the heart level,
我的可靠度和对那个人的影响力就会飞涨
my credibility and influence with that person goes through the roof!
即使他是世界上最有权力的人 好好想想
Even if it’s the most powerful person in the world, think about that.
要尊重别人 要学会倾听
Be respectful, and listen.
说着简单
It’s that simple.
做起来很难
But it’s really, really hard.
嘿 谢谢
Hey, thanks!
作为一名火箭工程师
This went from rockets in the backyard,
去采访总统……
to interviewing the President…
这有点疯狂
which is kind of crazy!
如果你第一次看“每日聪明一点点”节目
Anyway, if this is your first episode of Smarter Every Day that you’ve ever watched
觉得有订阅的价值
And somehow, you feel like this has earned your subscription,
就请订阅本节目吧
feel free to do that,
前提是 你觉得视频有价值
but only if it earns it!
最后 我想感谢
Last thing, I want to thank the sponsor
从低谷到现在高潮期 不离不弃的赞助商
who has been with me from the low points to now, which, I would say, is a high point,
就是Audible. com
and that’s Audible.com
很明显 赞助商对这次采访的准备出力不少
Clearly that’s how I prepared for this interview,
我在白宫拍了一些视频 让你们看看我学到了什么
and I shot something while I was in the White House to tell you what I learned.
好的 希望你喜欢我在白宫的表现
Okay, I hope you enjoyed me in the White House.
我知道很劲爆
I know it was a blast!
如果你想听巴拉克· 奥巴马总统的书
If you’re interested in listening to President Barack Obama’s books,
第一本推荐《我父亲的梦想》
First one is “Dreams of My Father,”
你可以免费在Audible. com/smarter收听
you can get that for free at Audible.com/smarter
非常推荐这本书《我父亲的梦想》 奥巴马总统读得很好
That’s “Dreams of My Father,” totally recommend it, he’s a really good reader
书也很棒
it’s fantastic. Anyway,
另一本推荐书是《无畏的希望》
another book is called “The Audacity of Hope,”
两本书都可以看看
feel free to check out both of his books,
我认为
I think it’s very important that you
了解这个国家领导人的思想很重要
know the thoughts of the guy that’s leading the country.
你可以在Audible. com/smarter收听这两本书
Anyway, if you’d like to check those out: Audible.com/smarter
《无畏的希望》和《我父亲的梦想》
“The Audacity of Hope,” and “Dreams of My Father.”
我是德斯汀 每天变得聪明一点点 祝你愉快
I’m Destin. Get smarter everyday! Have a good one!
(无声)
(No Audio)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

火箭工程师采访奥巴马总统,不同的采访角度,有趣的问题,欢迎观看!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

kelsey

审核员

译学馆审核团D

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWQHFzrEqc

相关推荐