未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

写日记30天的收获

What I Learned by Journaling for 30 Days

Ever since I got interested in self-development some ten years ago,
自从十年前我对自我提升产生了兴趣
I’ve heard people talk about the benefits of journaling every day.
就听到人们谈论每天写日记的好处
It’s helped them improve clarity, focus,
写日记能帮人们思路更清晰 思想更集中
it’s helped them keep track of their goals
目标感更强
and get all of their thoughts down unto the page.
将他们所想悉数呈现于纸上
So, I thought why not try it out for thirty days
因此我想 何不试着写30天
and see if I could see those benefits as well.
看我能否也体会到那些好处
But if I’m being completely honest,
但是说实话
I couldn’t help but think that it was complete bullshit.
我不禁认为那是一派胡言
And it was,
起初 确实是如此
until it wasn’t.
后来就不是了
There’re a ton of different kinds of journalling methods
世上有千万种写日记的不同方法
You could have a dream journal to track the things that happen while you sleep
你可能有一本梦境日记去记录梦境
the food journal to track everything that you eat,
一本食物日记去记录餐食
a workout journal to track your gains,
一本锻炼日记去记录肌肉增长
and a bullet journal to track your tasks,
一本子弹日记去记录任务
habits and prioritize your work.
习惯和安排工作优先级
The key word across all these methods is track.
所有这些方法的关键都是记录
By tracking what we do, charting our progress
通过记录行为 跟踪自己的进步
we’re able to see growth where it might not be evident.
我们能于细微处发现进步
Day to day progress is elusive
一天天的进步是很难发现的
And as we easily get knocked off course,
而正因为我们容易偏离轨道
journaling is supposedly a powerful way
所以 写日记被认为是
to get a bird’s eye view of our lives.
鸟瞰我们生活的有力方式
For 30 days, I’m gonna be committing
接下来30天 我将承诺
to writing free form for 10 minutes a day
每天都自由地写10分钟
to track my overall state of mind
去记录我的整个思想状态
to possibly confront things I otherwise wouldn’t
也许还会面临一些别样的状况
and hopefully to understand and get clear on my own thought patterns.
但愿借此能了解和厘清自己的思维模式
Either great secrets could be unlocked through the power of journaling,
写日记 要么可以发现重大的秘密
or it’ll be a complete waste of time.
要么就完全是浪费时间
So, this is not my first time journaling.
其实 这并不是我第一次写日记
These are 6 journals that I’ve kept over the past 8 to 10 years.
这6本是我在过去8-10年间写的日记
And I have failed at journaling in the past for two main reason.
之前失败的原因主要有两个
One, I just found it so difficult to, as you’ll see, to fill up a journal.
一是我发现填满一个日记本很难 如你所见
And then the other thing if you look through these journals,
其二 如果翻阅这些日记
you’ll see that there was just no consistency at all.
你就会发现内容很不连贯
I would sometimes miss weeks, sometimes months,
我有时几周不写 有时几个月不写
and then I get back to it
当我再回来写时
and then I’m like apologizing for myself
就会为没坚持写日记
for not keeping up with the journal.
而找理由替自己辩解
But that was the glimmering hope that I had for these 30 days
接下来30天我寄一线希望于
was that the act of doing it everyday would tip the scale.
每天的坚持能起到决定作用
Because with every other habit that I’ve built in the past,
因为过去我养成的每一个习惯
whether it was going to the gym, reading every day,
无论是健身还是每天阅读
these habits helped and really made a difference
只有当我每周坚持三天四天五天
when I built them 3, 4, 5 days a week.
它们才有用并真的扭转乾坤
So, the thought process was if I could do this for 30 days straight,
所以我是这么考虑的 如果我能连续写30天
it might be long enough to see the benefits.
也许我就有足够时间去发现它的好处
Instead of using one of these large moleskin journals,
我不用这些大的鼹鼠皮日记本
I decided to use a small pocket-sized journal by Baron Fig,
改用Baron Fig的口袋日记本
because, minimalism.
因为 极简
But really I didn’t want to feel like I had to fill up every page.
事实上我不想觉得自己被迫填满每一页
And I wanted to only write a little bit each day.
我想每天只写一点点
And also since I’m traveling a lot this month,
而且因为我这个月旅行多
I wanted a journal I could just throw in my pocket and take with me anywhere.
所以我想要一本方便随身携带的日记本
So, I started writing.
于是 我开始写日记
Each day, I set aside 10 minutes to fill up a few pages.
每天 我都留10分钟写几页
I wrote about my work
我写下我的工作
the things I’m grateful for,
我感激的事
our travel plans,
我们的旅行计划
the big move we had planned for the end of the month.
我们打算月末实施的大搬家
Anything that came to my mind in the moment
那瞬间我想到的一切
I write down until I got bored.
我都会写下来 直到感觉厌倦
And the boredom usually came pretty quick.
通常 厌倦感会来得很快
As the days went on into this challenge,
随着一天天深入这项挑战
I felt more and more like
我越发感到
this was something that I had to do
这成了我不得不做的事
and not something that I wanted to do.
而不是我想做的事
I kept forgetting, saving it to the last minute.
我开始忘了写 或者总留到最后一刻才写
I’d be in bed at 10pm, journaling out a few thoughts.
我会在晚上10点上床时写一点想法
And that was probably the biggest hurdle,
最大的障碍可能是
was just finding the time and also enjoying the process.
找出合适的时间以及享受写日记的过程
Because it did feel like an obligation, something I had to do.
因为它像是我必须尽的责任
The one small benefit I did see early on was
最初我发现写日记有个小小的好处
that it helped with my perfectionism.
就是它帮我克服完美主义
As a chronic over-thinker,
作为习惯性过度思考者
it was therapeutic in a way that just write what was on my mind
把想法当即写下而不再编辑
without the chance to edit later.
是有一定疗效的
When you’re working on the computer, everything is editable,
用电脑工作时 什么都可以再编辑
which is a place of solace for a perfectionist like me.
对于完美主义的我来说这是种慰藉
When I’m writing or editing a video,
用电脑写作或编辑视频时
I feel like I have full control.
我会感到一切在握
I can screw up, make mistakes,
我可以搞砸 出错
change my mind about an edit and start all over.
改变想法 还能重做
But you don’t have that same opportunity with jounaling.
但写日记时可没有这种机会
I wrote early on, there’re times to think things through,
一开始写日记 有些时候我会思考事情
and then there’re times to vomit onto the page.
后来有些时候我会在纸上发泄
This journal is primarily going to be vomit.
这本日记主要就是用来发泄的
Even so, I still hope to get something more out of this whole journaling thing
即使如此 我还是希望通过写日记收获更多
Things were going so well for me.
一切进展得如此顺利
I have a great relationship, I have great family and friends,
我人际关系很好 有很棒的家庭和朋友
my work is fulfilling, I’m really passionate about it
工作也满意 我对它充满热情
financially I feel stable
经济上我也觉得稳定
So, the journal felt like boasting
因此我的日记就像在自吹自擂
it was just like brag like,
就像在炫耀说
“Yeah, things are going really good right now.”
耶!我的生活太棒了
It just felt silly, it felt kind of counterproductive ,
这看起来很蠢 似乎没达到预期的效果
like “what I’m doing here?”
“我在干嘛呢?”
I don’t really have any struggles to write about until I did.
我没有任何坎坷可写 直到有一天
As Nant and I wrapped up a trip overseas
南和我出国旅行了一趟
and we moved department two days after returning,
回国两天后我们就搬家了
I faced some of the worst anxiety I’ve had in my life.
我经历了人生中最严重的焦虑
It caught me off guard, it was like nothing I’d experienced before.
焦虑让我猝不及防 我从未有过这种感觉
It was likely caused by a combination of factors,
焦虑可能是多种因素共同引发的
the travel, the move, the pressure I put on myself.
旅行 搬家 自我施压
But right at a moment when I thought everything was going so well
就在我认为一切顺利时
I was forced off track.
我被迫偏离了原来的轨道
So, this is May 20th of 2019,
2019年5月20日那天
Nant and I just moved into our new apartment. And I write
南和我刚搬进新家 我写道:
I’m really hoping that after a good night’s rest, I’ll wake up feeling like myself again
“真希望好好睡一晚 醒来后就能恢复正常
I don’t feel like cleaning the apartment, unpacking
我不想打扫房子 拆包行李
or getting back to my work.
也不想工作
My mind and body feel completely unsettled.
我身心极度不安
There’s a tension, a nervousness, an anxiety
紧张 敏感 焦虑
I hate this feeling.
我讨厌这种感觉
I just wanna feel comfortable again.
我只希望再次感到舒适
I just hope that I wake up feeling better again.
我只希望醒来后感觉好一些
I know I might sound like a broken record,
我知道我听起来像张破唱片
but when you feel like this, it’s all you can think about.
但这种状况下 你只会想这些吧”
Simply writing this down didn’t fix my anxiety
仅仅写下这些并不能治愈我的焦虑
It didn’t make everything better.
什么也没有改善
But it helped me to accept how I was feeling.
但它帮我接受了自己的感受
It stopped me from running away from the thoughts I was having
使我停止逃避自己的想法
or pretending like they didn’t exist.
或假装没事儿
I continued to journal for the next few weeks
接下来的数周我继续写日记
as I recovered and gave myself the time and space to get back on my feet
我恢复了 给自己时间空间去振作了起来
I had ups and downs, in aggregate things got much better.
虽然状态起起伏伏 但总体上好多了
I went from feeling sick, dizzy
我不再感到恶心 眩晕
and having zero motivation to rebuilding my routines, my health and getting back to work
不再毫无动力去规划日常 健康及回归工作
Now recording this a month since we moved,
搬家一个月后我记录道
my anxiety has reduced to a light hum.
我的焦虑感已经减到很轻
It pops up every now and again
虽然时不时还会焦虑
but it’s not getting in the way of my life.
但不会再影响我的生活
Among many other things journaling has been a helpful tool for me
那么多方法中 写日记相当有效地
to gain clarity when my mental health was at its worst
帮我在精神状况最糟的时候保持了清醒
So, the moment of truth after 30 days of journaling
因此 坚持写日记30天后 说真的
would I recommend it? Yeah.
我会推荐写日记吗? 当然
I’d recommend it, I’d recommend you try.
我建议你试试看
I think it’s definitely… it was a worthwhile pursuit
绝对值得去做
while I did have some breakthroughs
因为我确实取得了一些突破
and it did help me during some of my low points
低谷时它也确实帮助了我
It wasn’t… I just didn’t like the process enough to keep up with it
我只是不太喜欢保持进度的过程
I like the idea of journaling more
我更喜欢写日记的想法
than I actually like it in practice again and again
而不是反反复复写的过程
and I kept feeling it like a chore.
那让我觉得它像一个家务
It’s something that I will likely come back to
当我面对困难
when I face struggles and I have certain things
或遇到需要克服的事情时
that I’m trying to work through.
我就会去写写日记
But as a daily practice
但作为日常例事的话
I just don’t think it’s something that worthwhile for me to continue to keep up
它就不值得我坚持了
Do you have a journal in practice yourself?
你有在写日记吗
I would love to hear about some of the things that you’ve gotten from journaling
我想听你讲讲你写日记的收获
Let me know down in the comments below
请在下面评论区写下你的想法
That’s it. Thanks for watching! I’ll see you next time.
就这样吧 谢谢观看 下次再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你坚持写过日记吗?有什么收获?听我讲讲我写日记的经历吧。

听录译者

教瑜伽的Diana

翻译译者

Joanna.J

审核员

审核员PH

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzGGJHIJiE

相关推荐