ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

艺术家们成长路上的绊脚石 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

艺术家们成长路上的绊脚石

What Holds Back Beginner Artists - Asking Pros

First Comic-Con.
第一次来动漫展
Say”Hi” .
说“嗨”
Say “Hi,everybody.”
说“大家好”
Oh, my God.
噢 天呐
You freaked me out, that’s so crazy.
吓死我了 太疯狂了
Hey, how’s it going, man?
嘿 兄弟 近来可好?
Okay, Ross, What’s up, man?
Ross 最近忙啥呢?
How is it going?
你近来可好啊?
What held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
Or what do you wish you knew back then?
或者说 你希望成功前的你知道什么?
I wish I could just do me, right?
我希望我能就做我自己 对吧?
I feel like in the industry,
我觉得在这个行业里
we have references of what looks good
何谓好看
or what art is supposed to be like.
何谓艺术 我们都是有参考标准的
But If I would, to go back,
但如果我能回到过去
I would like “Hey, just draw what you wanna draw.
我想说 “嘿 就画你想画的吧
If you want to do character, do character,
想画人物就画人物
if you like environment, do environment.
想画环境就画环境
You don’t have to be like, try everything
你没必要什么都尝试
and cater to a certain industry.”
来迎合某个行业
I believe that we are best when we are ourselves.
我认为做自己时状态最好
Keep an open mind and try everything.
思想开放 尝试一切
By the end of the day, you’ll feel great.
一天下来 你会感觉很棒
What’s up, man?
兄弟 你好啊
Can you do the interview now?
现在能接受采访吗?
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
没问题
Okay. What held you back the most…
什么是对你阻碍最大的…?
[Announcer]Attention, attendees.
[广播]参展人员请注意
Okay, one more time, attendees.
好吧 再来一次 “参展人员”
Okay.
好的
What held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
There’s a lot of different things…
有很多各种事情……
[Announcer]Attention, attendees.
[广播]参展人员请注意
So, I think what held me back the most was
我认为我的最大阻碍是
feeling the inability to do what I wanted to do in my head,
觉得自己没能力做到想做的事
so making mistakes.
会犯错
I think that’s kind of a generic answer,
我觉得这个回答有点泛泛
but when you’re doing something as an artist,
但是 当你作为艺术家在做创作时
when you’re trying to learn something you don’t get it
当你在试着掌握一些你不会的技能
and it’s like you don’t want to show anyone
你就会不想让任何人看到你的作品
because it doesn’t look good enough, it isn’t look good enough.
因为它看上去不够好
So you get in that kind of destructive cycle
于是你陷入一种恶性循环
of making it wanna look good
你想要作品更好
and not seeing the real purpose of what it takes to succeed
但忽视了做那些是为了成功
or get past those issues.
或解决问题的真正本意
Do you mean just,
你的意思是
do you fear making mistakes like technically or
你是怕技术上出错
the fear of drawing what you want to draw?
还是怕画不出你想画的?
At first, technically
一开始是技术
because then that pretty much does lead to
因为很大程度上 有技术能力
drawing what you want to draw
才能画出自己想画的东西
without the ability to learn how to draw
如果没有学习绘画能力
or not learn how to draw, without the ability to draw,
或是没有学过绘画 没有绘画的能力
what if you want a form and all that stuff
你怎能作出你想要的形状之类
then you can actually manipulate it
学会技术之后你才能真正掌控技术
to create an illustration or an image,
去创作一幅画或一个形象
that is your interpretation of the world
那是你对世界的解读
or your interpretation of the subject matter.
或对一个主题的阐释
Hey, Marshallha
嗨 Marshall
Yeah.

You want to be in my video?
你想在我的视频里露面吗?
Sure
当然
All right, here’s the first question.
好的 第一个问题
Okay
好的
What held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
That is the easiest question in the world.
这是世界上最简单的问题
The answer, the thing that held me back the most.
我最大的阻碍是
Well, it was not energy, it was not ambition.
好吧 不是劲头不足 不是没有野心
It was a lack of training.
而是缺乏训练
It was not having any idea about anatomy or perspective.
那种缺乏是对解剖和透视一无所知
Asking teachers,”How do you solve this problem?”
于是问老师“你是如何解决这个问题的?”
They didn’t know.
他们竟不知道
That was the biggest thing,
那真是我最大的阻碍
is that I was asking everybody,
我问了每一个人
“How do you draw like the old masters?
“你是如何像古代大师一样作画?
Like comic book artists? Like animators?”
如何像漫画家一样?像动画师一样?”
Almost no teachers knew the answer to that question.
几乎没有老师知道这个问题的答案
What held you back the most in becoming a professional?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
My self-doubt, comparing myself to others…
自我怀疑 与他人比较
Self-doubt?
自我怀疑?
That’s not a bad question.
这是个不错的问题
And self-doubt is not a bad answer.
自我怀疑也是个不错的回答
That’s true.
确实如此
That’s what I was thinking too when it came out of my mouth!
我刚刚也正想说
Self-doubt gives you energy,
自我怀疑会给你动力
that “I might not be able to do it.”
“我只是有可能做不到”
And there’s a little fear in that,
那里面带点儿恐惧
and a little fear is good,
一点点恐惧是好事
because a little fear means that it rises to the adrenaline rush,
因为一点点恐惧会让你肾上腺素激增
that says,”I’ve got to make this work.”
让你产生“必须要搞定它”的冲动
So, yeah, a little bit of self-doubt, but not so much,
所以 可以有一点自我怀疑 但不要太多
that it is “I can’t do this.”
不要变成“我肯定做不到”
Just enough to say,”Maybe I can do it.”
想着“我也许做得到”就够了
That’s yeah.
那样就对了
Hi there.
你好啊
Hey Peter. How are you?
嘿 Peter 最近好吗?
How is it going? Welcome.
你好吗?欢迎啊
How are you doing?
你最近怎么样?
Good. I’m just doing another commission right now.
我很好 我正在画一个新接的活
Oh, cool.
哇 酷啊
So first question.
第一个问题
What held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
I think what I wish I knew more
我希望自己在成为艺术家之初
at the beginning of being an artist
就更懂得
was having the confidence of simplicity
要对简单充满信心
I think we, as artists, when we’re younger,
我认为我们艺术家在年轻的时候
tend to focus on the details of things
往往都更关注事物的细节
or looking for quick solutions to stuff.
或者寻找捷径
So I think if I kind of looked at the big picture,
所以我想我但凡多少做到放眼全局
kept things simple
保持简单
and understood that those fundamentals and foundations were the most important,
明白那些基本原理和功底才是最重要的
and then really investing even more into that,
并真正投入更多精力在其中
I think it would have continued to really help solidify,
这样一定可以帮我持续巩固基本功
but gain even faster knowledge over time.
久而久之我吸收知识反而更快
But that’s something I didn’t really realize until later on.
但直到后来我才真正意识到这一点
And so by then,
当我意识到时
I was like, ”Okay, I realize what I got to do,“
我告诉自己”好吧 我明白该做什么了“
push my gears, and went back into it.
于是我推动自己重新去夯实基本功
So I think if I was younger,
所以如果回到年轻时
and I focused on that aspect first,
我会首先专注于那方面
just basics and construction,
就是基础和架构
because when you’re younger, you get bored by that,
因为年轻时总会厌烦那些
and you’re like,”Why am I even doing this?
会想“为什么我还在做这个?
I want to go do this, you know,
我想去做这些 你懂吧
incredible rendering and stuff like that”,
就是那种酷炫的渲染之类”
but it wasn’t as important.
但其实那些并没有那么重要
That was exactly my problem.
那也正是我曾经的问题
Yeah, definitely.
是吧 当然了
I was just rendering for like, for years.
我做渲染做了很多年
I got good at rendering.
我很擅长渲染
Oh, absolutely.
哦 一定了
But there’s so many errors underneath.
但在底层有很多错误
You don’t retain that information,
如果没有保存其中的信息
It’s hard to reproduce it quickly.
就很难快速重建它
And you sit there for hours, and,
你坐那儿几个小时
yeah, you produce something at the end of it
才终于作出一点
that looks potentially visually nice.
可能视觉上看起来不错的东西
But the adaptation,
但说起自适应技术
the skill that I can reuse as a communication device
我作为通信设备再利用的技术
really wasn’t there.
里面就没有用到了
So what are the most important fundamentals you feel people should…?
所以你认为什么基本功最需要掌握?
Shape, shape and forms.
形 形与型
Shape and forms?
形与型?
From the shape goes into proportion.
从形状到比例
The two aspects in design or art that you need as an equation
在设计或艺术上你需要作为公式掌握的两个方面
So everything that we draw has to have a solid proportion
我们所画的一切都有必须按固定比例
to make it look accurate to what you’re seeing,
以使得它们与我们看到的精准一致
but the shape gives you the three dimensions
但形状需要在三个维度上塑造
to make that accuracy stand.
以确保其精准性
So if we, if any of those two things are lacking,
所以如果这两项中任何一个缺失了
then your potential designs or drawings and sketches could fall apart.
你的设计或草图都会崩溃
Now you might think,
现在你可能会想
“Well, I can continue adding more information on top of that, details are the same”,
“我在上层继续加更多信息 细节 是一样的”
but it doesn’t save it,
但那无济于事
because that underlying foundation of that proportion and shape is weak,
因为下层比例和形状的基础太弱了
so then anything on top doesn’t stay on top either.
于是上层的一切修饰都根基不牢
Awesome.
说得好
I forgot the questions.
我忘了要问什么了
That really was a good interview.
真是个出色的采访啊
Yeah, I’m a professional.
当然 我是专业的
I do this all the time.
我一直在做采访
Okay, what held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
好了 什么是你成为成功的艺术家的最大的阻碍?
Well, now, new kids have the internet.
哦 现在的孩子们都用互联网
Back in my time, I’m older.
我现在年龄大了 回到我那会儿
No internet.
可没有互联网
I used to make photocopies, use vellum,
我经常做影印 用牛皮纸
so I can ink over.
所以我会涂墨画
So like now you can just download stuff,
而现在你可以直接下载文件
you know, I can just print it out on blue line.
你懂的 我可以直接连蓝牙打印
Back in the day for us,
我们那个时候
even to show the portfolios, we have to make long lines.
哪怕是展示作品集都要排队
Now I can just submit it faster, you know?
现在只需要网上提交 更快 你知道的
Or I used to cross the border
那时我还常常跨越边境
to make it on time to FedEx
只为把作品及时交给联邦快递
so I can send it to Marvel in New York.
好让他们寄给纽约的漫威总部
So you had to hustle more?
所以你必须节奏更快了是吗?
Yes, yeah, a lot more.
是啊 节奏快很多
Hello.
你好呀
Hey.

I didn’t have the same difficulties a lot of people have.
我的困难和很多人不一样
I had that lucky break when I was like 14,
14岁那年我遇到一个幸运的转折点
I just started doing art
那时我刚开始做艺术
and it’s never been difficult
没遇到什么困难
since except for, I guess, like “I wanna paint that way.”
直到我发现 “我想以那样的方式绘画”
And it took a month to learn
然后我用了一个月去学习
how to paint that way or something.
怎么用那种方式去画画
Okay, so what held you back the most when you were trying to grow as an artist or become a professional?
所以 什么是你成为艺术家或者专家的最大阻碍?
I think what held me back the most was
我想我遇到的最大的阻碍是
not knowing where to go to learn.
不知道去哪儿学习
Because where I was from, it was a city that had art in it
因为我出生的那个城市 有艺术气息
but it didn’t have art schools in it.
却没有艺术学校
So I wasn’t really sure what an art school was.
所以我真的不太确定艺术学校是怎样的
And colleges offered art classes
大学里是有艺术课的
and so I assume that that’s what it was,
于是我以为艺术学校就是这样的
until I went to those
直到我深入了解艺术
and I realized these classes aren’t gonna get me anywhere.
我才意识到那些艺术课不能为我指引方向
And I had to finally learn
最终我才明白
what that meant to go find that school,
找到艺术学校对我有何意义
and luckily while I was a professional skateboarder,
庆幸当时我是一个专业滑板运动员
I was on tour and I came across an art school
在巡回比赛时我遇到了
that I’d never seen before.
一所我从没过的艺术学校
And that kind of led me into the Atelier system.
正是这所学校引导我走进了工作室体系
Otherwise, I would never have known that existed at all.
否则 我将永远不可能知道它的存在
What do you wish you knew back when you were starting out?
你希望刚起步时的自己能知道什么?
Or like the thing that held you back the most?
或者说什么是你最大的阻碍?
Yeah.
好的
I think one of the biggest things that I wish I knew was
我希望自己知道的最重要的事情之一
the concept of drawing through your shapes and getting that
是凭借塑造形状来绘画的概念并学会应用它
because I never used to do that.
因为我从没这么做过
I was always just going from one side popping to the next
我总是只会从一边画到另一边
and then I wish I understood construction and form.
我还希望自己能理解结构与形式
I didn’t understand it
那会儿我不懂这些
so a lot of my drawings, they just…
所以我的很多绘画 它们会…
they always fell apart, you know.
它们总是四分五裂的 你明白吧
I wish I knew to study that when I was, like,
我希望我18岁读高中时 或高中毕业后
18 in high school or after high school.
就知道要学习这些
What held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
Or like what do you wish you knew back then that you know now?
或者说 你希望你当初能早点知道些什么?
Back then?
回到当初?
Um…I think I used to be a lot more shy,
嗯…我觉得我以前太内向
so I think, like, being a successful artist means
所以我想 作一个成功的艺术家就意味着
you have to really put yourself out there,
不得不真的让自己曝露在外
really get to know new people and network,
得认识新朋友 新圈子
talk to people,
得和人交谈
so that took me a few years of getting out of my shell
所以我花了几年时间才走出自己的世界
and trying to be just a more outgoing person.
然后努力去变成一个更外向的人
What held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
Or what do you wish you knew back when you were starting?
或者说你希望自己刚开始时知道什么?
That it will take a lot of hard work
想在这个行业做出点成绩
just to make it in this industry, I think…
需要付出很多艰苦努力 我认为…
Was it frustrating or what?
很受挫折还是怎么?
Oh, yeah, absolutely. I mean
哦 当然 我的意思是
I think because you didn’t really have an outlet or a community.
因为并没有交流窗口或社群
Cause I started back,
回想我刚起步时
I think, right when the internet was getting popular.
互联网也刚兴起来
So the community wasn’t necessarily as available,
没什么社群可入
I had to do a lot more foot travel to make it
我只能靠自己东奔西跑去
to meet a lot of other creators and build that camaraderie.
结识其他创作者 和他们交朋友
I tell students all the time now
现在我总是跟学生们讲
that you guys really have great access.
你们现在真便利啊
I mean, at a click of a button,
只需点点鼠标
you can get online with some of your favorite creators
就能连线你最喜欢的创作者
even with what you’re doing.
甚至还能展示自己的作品
It’s like none of that stuff was available back then.
过去可没法儿这样
I had to go to a library
那会儿我得跑图书馆
or if it was online, it was very scarce.
上网很稀罕
you know now it’s so, it’s readily available,
而现在 获取信息太容易了
but I think that’s, you know, it’s all relative, too,
但是我想容易也是相对而言
because a lot of these students, young artists
因为现在很多学生和年轻艺术家们
they don’t know what it ‘s like to not have this.
似乎离开网络就寸步难行
Yeah. And that kind of spoiled people a little bit, you know?
人们有点儿被宠坏了
It does spoil them, exactly.
网络确实宠坏了他们
They’re used to getting it easily.
他们习惯了轻松获得信息
Yes, yes, but I think,
是的 但是我想
overall like, you know to sum it up that I think
总结一下就是
if I knew that it was gonna really be about some serious hard work
希望我早知道这将着实是份严肃艰辛的工作
which I was okay to do,
当然我还会愿意做
but, you know, I was thinking,
但我那会儿只是想着
“Okay, hard work for a year and I should be okay.”
“好的 一年的艰辛我没问题“
No, it’s hard work for maybe four years,
但其实可能得努力拼四年
and I didn’t really understand that.
这点 我之前还真没意识到
That’s where it off and changed for me.
那是令人不适的 但我身上发生了改变
Alright, so what held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家最大的障碍?
Or what do you wish you knew back then when you were starting out?
或者说 你希望一开始就知道什么?
When I was starting out,
我刚起步时
I actually have no formal training as an artist.
实际上没有接受过正规的艺术培训
I have a degree in Computer Science from Purdue,
我有普渡大学计算机科学学位
then I went to NYU to study film,
之后去了纽约大学学习拍电影
but I always drew during my spare time.
但业余时间我一直画画
And one good thing I did was
有件事我做得不错
I had mentors who are professionals
我有几位专业的
and in the comic book industry,
漫画书行业的导师
but I wish I did take had some formal training,
但我希望我之前接受过正式训练
I wish I did take some art classes.
我希望我上过些艺术课
I think that did hold me back,
我认为缺乏专业训练阻碍了我
even though I started working in comics professionally straight out of NYU
虽然从纽约大学毕业后 我直接开始专业做漫画
like a month out of NYU.
纽约大学毕业后一个月吧
I started to think if I had formal training,
但我开始想 如果自己接受过正规训练
I could have been working, you know, right
在大学期间我就可以
when I was in college, you know,
一直以正确的方式去画画了
but one good thing was, I always drew, I drew a ton,
但好在 我一直在画画 画了很多
but the lack of formal training, I think held me back.
但我还是认为缺乏正规训练 阻碍了我的发展
Did you study a lot of other artists?
你研究过其他艺术家么?
Oh, yeah, I study, I study on my own.
是 我研究的 我自己研究
I study a lot of artists.
我研究过很多艺术家
I read a lot of books.
我读了很多书
And back then, when I was in school,
回到我上学那会儿
I didn’t have, like cool stuff,
我没有那些酷酷的东西
like this YouTube channel to help me out.
比如这个YouTube频道来帮助我
So you guys are super lucky.
所以你们这些家伙真是太幸运了
What are you working on?
你现在在画什么?
I’m working on a caricature for a guy.
我在帮人画肖像漫画
Oh, it’s like a robot caricature?
看上去像机器人肖像漫画?
Yeah.
是的
That’s awesome.
太帅了
Yeah.
是吧
So what held you back the most when you were or in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
When I started,
我刚起步的时候
I think I wish I had more mentors nearby
我希望我身边有更多导师
because where I live,
因为我住的地方
it was really hard to find those
实在很难找到导师
or really hard to get in touch with them
或者很难联系到他们
or people who can give you more advice or things like
没有导师 有能给到建议的人也行啊
“Oh, Marcelo, you can fix this or fix that.”
能告诉我“哦 Marcelo 你可以改改这或修修那”
So I think,
所以我想啊
Whoops!

Oops.
天哪
Did you record that? I’m nervous.
你录下来了?好紧张
Perfect. No, it’s perfect. It makes the interviewer interesting.
很棒的 真的超赞 这样采访更有趣
I’m not a TV guy.
我不擅长上电视啊
Again?
再来一次?
Again.
哈哈 再来啊
Damn it.
可恶啊
Mostly that, but we didn’t have a lot of schools,
我主要想说 以前我们没有许多学校
so like in Brazil,
好比巴西吧
only right now we have some specific schools for art, art schools,
巴西直到现在才有了专门的艺术学校
so when I was a kid, when I was younger,
所以我小时候 年轻时
we didn’t have those,
我们没有那种学校
like it was really hard to get access to that.
想找到学艺术的途径真的好难啊
What held you back the most when you were starting out ?
你刚起步时最大的阻碍是什么?
Or like what do you wish you knew back then that you know now?
或者说 你希望自己当初早点知道什么?
Probably is not trying to hide my art too much.
可能是 不要太过于藏着掖着自己的创意
I was very precious of it,
以前我非常珍惜自己的创意
very protective like,”Oh, I don’t want people, like, to steal my ideas.”
保护意识很强 “噢 我可不想有人窃取我的点子”
Not that they’re any good, but, you know,
倒不是我的点子有多好
you have this, like, weird idea like
只是就是会有这种奇怪念头
being extra possessive of things.
一种强大的占有欲
I realized when I started posting a lot online
当我开始在网上大量发布作品时
that it was very freeing.
我意识到放手如此自由
It was like,”Okay, I’m not attached to this piece anymore,
就像对自己说 “好的 我不再留恋这个作品了
I can move on,
我可以继续前行了
I can make better stuff, I can try stuff.”
我可以创作更好的 我可以尝试更多”
So it was almost like rediscovering my own stuff
所以有点像是 通过放下
by letting go.
重新发现了自我
It was a turning point
那是个关键的转折点
and really pivotal for me to start growing.
之后我开始成长了
I owe the internet my growth,
网络成就了我的成长
because I don’t know if it’s true for you, but for me……
不知道你是不是也同样 但对我来说……
yeah,YouTube pretty much made me, so.
我也一样 YouTube也大大成就了我
Isn’t that crazy?
很疯狂吧?
As much as, you know, I don’t want to say it,
以至于 虽然我不想这么说
I’m absolutely, like, in debt to instagram
我绝对受惠于Instagram
Well, all the connections I’ve made, all the input,
因为我所有人脉 所有信息输入
all the feedback, good and bad.
所有反馈 无论好坏都是来自Instagram
It’s been really helpful.
Instagram真的帮了我很多
So that’s one thing I’m trying to still adopt.
所以现在我仍在使用这个方法
Like, show stuff, like, post, don’t be afraid.
比如展示作品 发贴 不去害怕
Yeah, fear was big.
事实上 以前很害怕
Fear of like, looking bad
比如怕作品不好看
or looking naive or amateur,
或看上去太幼稚或不专业
that was big, too.
也都挺怕的
I was trying to be like
我试着反思
“Oh, no, I know what I’m doing,
“哦 不 我知道自己怎么了
kind of showing myself bigger than I am.”
我在让自己显得比真实的自己更强大”
And now I’m totally the opposite.
现在的我完全相反
I’m showing all kinds of imperfections.
我展示各种不完美
So yeah, that’ll be one thing I would say to myself.
这是我想对过去的自己讲的事
And was that limiting you in more of like getting discovered?
那更多地限制了你的才华被人发现?
Or it actually limited the quality of your work?
还是限制了你作品的质量?
Both.
两者都有
Both?
都有?
I think both.
我觉得都有
I mean, the discovery part is kind of like the byproduct,
我的意思是 被发掘有点像是副产品
I never really put it as a goal.
我从没有以它为目标
I think now more than ever, I’m conscious of it,
现在我比以往更明白
like what’s out there with all the platforms.
只不过就是在各种平台上露出
But it was definitely holding me back in terms of ideas
之前的想法真正影响的是我的创意
and I wasn’t producing a lot of work
我没有去大量创作
because I was so stuck on particular pieces.
因为我太执迷于某些作品了
Okay.
好的
Yeah, that will be my long advice.
这就是我长长的建议
Okay. No, that was great.
不长 你说得很好
Like, no fear.
所以 不要害怕
Hey, man. My name is Stan.
嘿 兄弟 我叫Stan
So what held you back the most in becoming a successful artist?
什么是你成为成功艺术家的最大阻碍?
I think the most thing that holds you back the most is like, yourself,
我觉得最大的阻碍 其实是自己
like trying to see if you’re that you go and second guess yourself,
比如一遍遍怀疑自己这么走对不对啊
thinking if you’re good enough, or if you’re not good enough
老去琢磨自己到底够好啊还是不够好啊
or like all these other things
诸如此类吧
and there’s a certain level of like immaturity
总觉得哪儿还不够成熟和完美
and that you have to kind of build into and kind of fall into…
好像还得再加固一些深入一些之类
So when you, like, look back
所以回顾过去的时候
There just like matter of being scared of certain things,
会发现那时会害怕一些事儿
being scared of drawing in front of somebody,
害怕在人前画画
being scared of, like putting something out that you don’t think is good enough
害怕展示自己还不够满意的作品
and those are all the things that like I think
这些都会阻碍
held back development as coming up as an artist.
你成长为一名艺术家
And also just like a lot of just self-degrading of your own stuff
还有就是贬低自己的作品
and not believing in yourself,
不相信自己
you know, yeah.
你知道的
So it holds back your creativity as well as just…
所以害怕会影响你的创造力和……
Yeah, everything, because you never think anything’s good,
是的 一切 因为你从不认可什么
you know, and you never think you’re good enough,
你也从不认可自己够好
and I always and I think that’s,
我一直觉得
more on mental, I think, than anything else.
阻碍更多是精神层面的而非其他
More confidence?
更自信?
More confidence, right?
更自信是吧?
It’s something you have to get.
当然 必须自信啊
But I don’t want to make you think that, like,
但我可不想让你认为
that is something that you should just…
自信是你本就该有的
Some people just have it
有些人天生自信
and some people have to kind of like, with age,
有些人却只能随着年龄增长
it just kind of comes with them, you know.
才慢慢自信起来
You think it comes with getting good? Like…it’s easy to have…
你认为人变得更好才会更自信吗?比如更容易…
I think, well, obviously, a lot of people,
显然 很多人是这样
like where people start being into what you’re doing,then like,
当人们开始关注你的作品时
then obviously that’s that self-confirmation that you were looking for
你显然会去寻求自我确认
that you are actually doing something that people are into,
去确认你确实在做人们感兴趣的作品
and then that obviously raises your confidence
这显然会提升你对自己的信心
where you become more confident in what you do.
这来自你对自己作品更加有信心
and I think that’s a lot of it too, so, you know, yeah.
我想很多情况都是这样的
Okay. Awesome.
好的 很棒
You know, when I was a student,
当我还是学生时
I just focused on being a student,
我只是关注怎么做一个学生
just trying to be a really great student.
只是努力做一个很棒的学生
And then once I graduated,
后来我一毕业
I had a big kind of dip, you know, with my career
就在职业生涯上遇到一个大的类似滑坡吧
because I didn’t think about trying to be a professional
因为我之前没想过成为一个专业画家
until I already was
直到我已经是专业画家
if that makes any sense.
如果算得上是吧
There’s a lot of connections,
应该多一些社交
there’s a lot of knowledge about, you know, what studios are out there and things like that,
应该对如何做工作室之类的知识 了解得多一些
which I would totally look up next time.
如果不得不重新来过的话
You know, if I had to do it all over again,kind of thing.
下次我会把这些都补齐
So, probably the biggest thing that held me back was
对我来说最大的阻碍可能是
trying to approach the line of work and projects
去尝试一系列工作和项目
because of the glamour and the cool factor of them.
就因为里面有迷人酷炫的成份
and not necessarily what I actually wanted to draw,
不管我是否喜欢日复一日的绘画工作
whether I enjoy drawing and painting working on a day-to-day basis.
那些都不一定是我真正想做的
So I mean, I wanted to go into video games and film
我的意思是 我曾经想进视频游戏和电影行业
and like, Pixar-style film
比如 皮克斯电影之类
because I was young and I just thought that was really cool,
因为年轻时就是觉得那些很酷
and…but I did not enjoy 3D modeling
但我又不喜欢3D建模
and working on the computer and what not,
不喜欢在电脑上绘画之类
and then when I stopped doing that, got into illustration,
于是之后我停下做电影的尝试 又开始画插画
I approached Magic: the Gathering and Blizzard and Star Wars
我参与制作了魔法风云会 暴雪 星球大战
and all that kind of stuff ,
以及其他此类游戏
and then again
然后我又一次
found myself not really enjoying the day-to-day aspect of
发现自己其实不享受
drawing monsters and all that kind of stuff.
每天都画怪物之类东西
And I was more attracted to the cool factor
我只是更多地着迷于那份工作中
of working on Magic and that.
和魔幻有关的酷的成份
So what held me back was just
所以阻碍我的是
not pursuing what I actually wanted to do
没有去追求我真正想做的事
instead of what I thought was cool.
而是去追求了我认为酷的事
I feel like a lot of people do that,
我觉得很多人都这么做过
sometimes you got to make money, right?
有时必须得赚钱 对吧?
Yeah, well it wasn’t even about the money.
是的 但那实际上跟钱无关
It was more just about…
它只是关于…
I don’t know how else to explain it, about just,
我不知道还能怎么形容
you know, thinking something’s need versus
就是对比一下吧 有些事是需要
versus actually having a passion for something.
而有些事是热爱
Okay.
了解
Yeah.
是的
My number one advice for somebody regarding what holds you back is,
关于阻碍 我最重要的建议是
self-assessment of your own talent.
对自己才能的自我评估
And what that means is
意思是
if you feel like you’re not particularly talented
可能你觉得你并非天赋异禀
because you compare your work
因为你把你的作品和某些人的做比较了
to people that maybe not necessarily are have been trained,
那些人虽然不一定经过培训
but they seem to have a grasp of
却似乎已经掌握了
what you think of as art,
你认为的艺术精髓
what you think of as visually appealing,
以及你认为的视觉吸引力
don’t gauge success by, you know, somebody’s ability right out of the gate,
不要一开始就依据别人的能力来为成功定标准
nor should you gauge your ability as an artist by what you can do,
也不要依据你刚一拿到笔时能画出什么 就评估出
you know, as soon as somebody puts a pencil in your hand.
自己是否具备成为艺术家的能力
Talent is a very very poor gauge of
天赋非常非常不适合作为
what somebody’s ability as an artist really is,
一个艺术家真实能力的标准
because they haven’t been tested.
因为那些人还没有经历过考验
Talent is just natural ability and that’s wonderful.
天赋是与生俱来的 有天赋自然很好
Maybe it gives them a push
拥有天赋的人刚开始学习艺术时
as soon as they begin really training themselves to be an artist,
天赋也许会是一股推力
but it doesn’t last very long.
但这股力量不会持续很久
That initial thrust, that natural,
那种原始的推力 那种天然的
what to say, the natural ability, you know,
怎么讲呢 天然的能力
it will only take you so far.
只会帮你到此
Really what is a better gauge
要评估你是否能成为一个成功艺术家
of your success as an artist
更好的标准是
is how willing you are to make mistakes,
你有多大的意愿去犯错误
how willing you are to screw up,
去搞砸
to risk things, to fail your way upward.
去冒险 去不断体验失败
That’s really the only way to get anywhere, really,
取得成就的唯一路径 真的就是
is by constantly testing yourself,
不断地考验自己
constantly.
不断地
If at the end of the day
如果 最后
you’ve made every mistake you can possibly make
你试遍了你可能犯的所有错误
and you still love drawing,
仍热爱绘画
then odds are there isn’t really anything that can hold you back.
那么很可能就不再有什么能阻碍你了
There’s a really, really good chance you can make it in this industry
想仅靠个人努力就在这个行业有所成就
simply on dedication alone.
也是很有机会的
And that’s one, that’s probably the biggest thing
这就是我的阻碍之一
that I would say was, that held me back,
也许是我最大的阻碍
especially early on in my career.
尤其是在我职业生涯之初
So I think the thing that held me back the most
我觉得我刚起步时
when I first started out was
遇到的最大阻碍是这样的
I started with digital
我起步于数字绘画
and I kept rendering everything to such a crazy degree.
我总是把一切都渲染到极致
And I would go on Photoshop
我会一直用Photoshop
and I would render every little detail of a landscape painting
把一幅风景画的每一个细节都做渲染
and I would set and I’d zoom in
我会定格图像并放大
and I keep zooming and I was like
不断放大 心里默想
“Okay, well, make sure the bark on this tree
“对 就这样 我一定要让这棵树的树皮
has every single detail”
都无比细致”
and I focused way too intensely on details
我实在是太在意细节了
rather than like the overall composition or the overall picture.
对整体构图或画面全局反而没那么在意
Yeah.
是的
And I just got super carried away
我真的是太着迷于
with every single detail of things.
每一处细节了
Hey, guys, in the comments, let me know
嘿 各位 在评论区告诉我
what is holding you back that you need to change?
什么阻碍了你去做必须要做的改变?
Could be something that you learned from this video just now?
或许正是你刚刚 在视频里看到的某个阻碍?
Or something you’ve been working on for a while?
或是某个你一直在努力跨越的阻碍?
Leave a comment and stick around.
请留言 并时时关注栏目动态
I got more videos like this coming soon.
很快会有更多类似视频上线
Okay, say “Bye-bye.”
好啦 说“拜拜”

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一个漫展上大量艺术家对于自己过去的回忆,对于曾经面临过的挫折的总结,助你一臂之力,少走弯路。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Joanna.J

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP7geXzJ864

相关推荐