未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如果您陷入流沙会怎样?

What Happens If You Fall Into Quicksand?

Cut! Alright everyone, that’s a wrap!
停!好了各位 收工
Movies love quicksand.
电影喜欢运用流沙场景
And why not?
为什么不呢?
It’s exotic,
流沙具有异国情调
it’s dramatic,
富有戏剧性
and it’s highly exaggerated.
而且高度夸张
Fun fact: it’s impossible to become fully submerged in quicksand.
有趣的是 流沙不可能将人彻底淹没
But what could happen to you?
但你会在流沙中遭遇什么呢
This is ‘What If’
欢迎收看《自然无常》
and here is what will happen if you fallen to the quicksand?
本期的主题是:如果您陷入流沙会怎样?
The reason why you don’t normally sink into the sand when you go to the beach
通常而言 你去海滩时并不会陷进沙子里
is due to a physics phenomenon known as force chain.
其原因与一种叫做力链的物理学现象有关
Basically, when a bajillion grains of sand are jammed together in one place,
简单来讲 当无数沙粒堆积在一起时
their weight gets distributed over a large area,
它们的重量会被大面积分散
keeping you and your camels safely above ground.
使得你和你的骆驼能够在沙面上安全行走
But if any water happens to seep up from underground,
但如果有水从地下漫上来
it will mix with the sand
它就会和沙子混合在一起
to create a surface that looks solid but isn’t…
形成一个看似稳固 实则不然的表面
It’s true that real quicksand isn’t like what you see at the movies.
真正的流沙其实并不是你在电影里看到的那样
The reason why you won’t sink right through
流沙不会将人直接吞没的原因是
is because quicksand is rarely more than a few feet deep.
它们很少超过几英尺深
And even if it was deeper than that, humans are only half as dense as quicksand,
就算有更深的 但人体的密度只有流沙的一半
so really, you couldn’t sink much lower than your waist.
所以流沙最多只能没过人的腰部
That is, unless you struggle.
当然 你要是使劲挣扎那就是另一回事了
Quicksand is a non-Newtonian fluid,
流沙是一种非牛顿流体
meaning its viscosity changes under stress.
这意味着它的粘度在压力下会发生变化
In high stress conditions, like being under the weight of your body, quicksand changes.
当遇到如人体重量一类的高压时 流沙会发生变化
It becomes liquid, causing you to sink.
它会变成液体状态 导致人体下沉
So if you panic, and start frantically trying to get out,
所以 你要是惊慌失措 疯狂挣扎
the rapid shifting of your weight will only suck you down deeper and faster.
那么快速变化的重量只会让你下沉得更深更快
On the other hand, quicksand gets thicker over time.
此外 流沙还会随着时间变得越来越稠密
So if you just hang around and do nothing,
所以如果你只是被动地待在原地 什么都不做
it’ll be harder for you to get out.
逃离的难度会大大增加
Every minute you’re stuck in quicksand
你陷入流沙的时间每多一分钟
increases the risk that you’ll suffer from dehydration,
你面临脱水 饥饿 中暑
starvation, sun stroke, or hypothermia.
和体温过低的风险就会增加一分
And if that doesn’t give you chills,
如果这样还不够恐怖
those hungry looking eyes might.
那野兽虎视眈眈的眼睛如何?
Depending on where you are, you might even drown!
在有些地区 你陷入流沙甚至可能会被淹死!
Quicksand is often found near the sea
流沙经常出现在海边
because it’s easier for water to rise up through the sand.
因为这里的水更容易从沙子里漫出来
So if you’re ever caught in the coast, be sure to keep an eye on the time.
所以如果你被困在海边 一定要注意时间
At best, you’ll only have six hours before the tide changes.
在潮汐变化之前你最多只有六个小时自救
But if not trying to escape, and trying too hard, are both bad choices,
不过 既然放弃逃离和用力过猛都不是正确做法
then what are you supposed to do if you get stuck in quicksand?
那么 陷入流沙时究竟应该怎么做?
The trick is to stay calm.
诀窍是保持冷静
First, get rid of any heavy items that you’re wearing or carrying,
首先 把你身上穿着或带着的任何重物都扔掉
as they’ll only drag you deeper.
因为这些东西只会让你沉得更深
Then, try to lean as far back as you can to create more space for yourself.
然后 尽可能向后仰 为自己创造更多的空间
Water will come in and fill the gaps you create,
水会渗进来填补你创造的空隙
which will make it easier for you to move
让你更容易移动
and pull your body towards the surface.
并把你的身体推向流沙表面
If you can, grab a stick and wedge it underneath your back;
如果可以的话 把一根棍子塞到你的后背下面
this will help to increase your leverage.
这有助于你保持平衡
Hopefully, you’ll get help from emergency services.
要是幸运的话 应急中心能帮你摆脱困境
But if not, you can use these tips to get out on your own.
即使不够幸运 你也可以利用这些技巧自救
It will be a long and exhausting process since,
从流沙中脱出的过程漫长且吃力
just to free your foot from a puddle of quicksand, moving at a rate of one centimeter per second,
仅仅是从泥潭中以每秒一厘米的速度抽出一只脚
it would require the same amount of force as it does to lift a small car.
就需要和举起一辆小汽车一样的力气
And once you’re free, you’ll probably be in a lot of pain.
即使成功逃离 也可能要承受巨大的痛苦
With all that pressure from the densely packed sand,
流沙中高密度的沙子会产生巨大的压力
you might emerge in the quicksand with permament nerve damage,
因此 被流沙淹没可能会导致永久性神经损伤
or without a leg.
甚至让人失去一条腿
If you do manage to come out in one piece,
即使你完好无损地逃出了流沙
well, maybe tread a little more carefully in the future.
也有可能在今后会更为小心谨慎
But don’t let this one sucky experience keep you from another adventure.
但是 不要让这种可怕经历阻碍到自己的另一次探险
Put your best foot forward, and take a walk on the wild side,
做好万全准备 到野外去探险吧
next time on ‘What If.’
下期《自然无常》见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

陷入流沙时,该如何逃生?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

三顷

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYlZyO62V7A

相关推荐