ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

54天新手划越太平洋 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

54天新手划越太平洋

What Drove An Inexperienced Rower To Cross The Pacific In 54 Days

我现在很紧张
I’m fucking nervous.
这一带可是随处有鲨鱼出没
There’re sharks everywhere, man.
我们在距夏威夷海岸700英里的地方
We’re 700 miles off the coast of Hawaii.
这儿大概有3 4英里深 所以……
and it’s about 3 or 4 miles deep here. So…
情况就是这样
I guess this is it.
我准备下水
I’m going in.
准备下去了
I’m going in.
这个小伙叫路易斯·伯德
This is Louis Bird
今年24岁 正划着船从加利福尼亚
a 24-year-old in the midst of rowing
前往夏威夷 行程2400多英里
2,400 miles from the coast of California to Hawaii.
这段旅程将耗时54天42分钟
By the time he finishes, the journey will take 54 days and 42 minutes,
路易斯将凭借着父亲的记忆
in which Louis will rely on the memory of his father,
对抗他面前的艰险挑战
to survive the immense challenge ahead of him.
-你的父亲彼特·伯德是个怎样的人呢?
Tell me about your father, Peter Bird
-他是世界上首个独自划船穿越太平洋的人
He was the first man to row Pacific Ocean solo,
1983年 他花了294天的时间从旧金山划到澳大利亚的布里斯班
In 1983, it took him 294 days from San Francisco to Brisbane.
从那之后 这段经历便是属于他的人生印记了
And then after that, it was just always in him.
我明白自己要做的仅仅是每次划一下桨
I know that it’s just one oar stroke at a time,
有时候你已不想再划 时机就这么溜走了
you don’t want to take that oar stroke, but once it’s gone.
然后你又该划下一轮 这就像……就像生活一样 我只能如此描述
then the next one there, it’s just…that’s all I can say about it. It’s Just like life
父亲在1996年去世 我只和他共度5年时光
My father passed away in 1996, i had 5 years with him.
关于他的记忆很稀少 很珍贵
I’ve got a few really precious memory of him.
1996年他在海上失踪
He was lost at the sea 1996,
当时他在划船 第五次尝试穿越北太平洋
he was rowing. it was his fifth attempt to row the North Pacific.
已经完成约1000英里的旅程
and about 1,000 miles into his trip.
有人认为他是被巨浪吞没而身亡
they think that a rogue wave hit him.
他的船颠倒着漂浮在海面上
And they found his boat floating upside-down
父亲已毫无踪迹
without any sign of my father.
正因为如此 这次特殊的太平洋船上旅程对我意义非凡
so that’s why this particular row in Pacific Ocean mean so much to me.
我用尽全力想达到目的地 独自去理解
I am trying to get out there and understand for myself,
在船上航行是一种怎样的体验
what it feels like to be on a boat you know,
在那茫茫大海之上 长时期内思考这些
in the middle of nowhere for an extended period of time.
-之前划船航行过吗?你是不是专业划手呢?
Have you been on a boat before?Are you a rower?
我有过一段海上划行6小时的经历
my experience of rowing is about 6 hours ocean rowing
从小到大我一直很恐惧水 害怕水下看不见的地方
growing up I’ve always been terrified of water i can’t see the bottom of.
我已经做了不少功课 能在海上准确驾驶
I’ve done lot of courses and i can navigate.
但是我待在海上的时间不多 还是个完全的新手
but as far as time in the sea goes, i am a real novice.
-你最希望从这次航行中取得什么收获呢?
what do you ultimately hope to get out of this row?
-我坚信父亲在陪着我一同航行
I believe a lot that my father is going to be out there with me.
我并没有给自己施加太多压力
And without putting too much pressure on myself.
我希望找到一些……
I hope to find a little bit of…
对于父亲去世的一些解脱
a little bit of closure in my father’s death.
准备了几个月后
after months of preperation.
路易斯和同伴一起划船从加利福尼亚出发
Louis set off from California with his rowing partner.
现在是出发的第四天了
Okay, so we’re 4 days in, out here,
这是和陆地上完全不同的奇异世界
in this bizarre alien world.
说实话我感觉适应海上生活相当困难
I have found it quite hard to adjust out here,if i being honest.
我很想念朋友和家人
I am missing friends and family, you know.
航行艰难 我精疲力尽
It’s tough. I’m so tired.
我们每天晚上只能
at the moment we’re sleeping about 4 hours a night
睡4小时左右
Over a 24-hour period,
其余时间都在划船
and rowing the rest.
我很想家 想念家人 还有儿子路易斯
I am homesick. I miss my family, I miss Louis very much.
很挂念他 这滋味……很不好受
I miss him so much, it’s…painful,
我真有些迷茫 不知道自己在这干什么
I really wonder what the hell I’m doing here.
刚做好热身 下一刻
Warming up ok and the next minute,
我就又开始泄气 宁可自己不在这儿
I’d rather be anywhere else but here.
我想看到些美好景象 观日出日落
I’d like to see something nice, I want to see a sunset and a sunrise,
苍穹明星 舒适惬意
some stars and a blue sky, I’ll be happy.
其实一切都是情绪问题 我父亲彼特
It’s just emotional isn’t it? about everything, you know, Peter, my father,
他一定也曾经历过不适应环境的阶段
you know, he must done this before, this acclimatization period.
我想……我是…….
it’s got me..I just…
对一切都感到厌倦
sick of the whole thing.
我想看到希望 期待改变
I want to see something green for a change.
四周永远都是一望无际的蓝色 我也变得忧郁起来
it’s just all blue blue blue,and it makes me feel blue.
终于阳光来临了
finally some sunshine,
截至目前我们已在海上度过一周半时间
it’s a week and a half now
一切都在发生着转变
We turned everything on it’s head,
道路尽头有灯光闪烁
there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
这里距墨西哥海岸有450多英里
I’ve been about 450 miles off the coast of Mexico,
接下来还有1900英里的航程
got 1900 miles to go.
现在是航行第20天
So we are on day 20,
真是阳光灿烂美好的一天
and it’s been a beautiful day of sun,
从我脸上的晒痕也看得出来阳光充足
as you could probably tell by my burn
我感觉父亲离我很近 真是奇妙……我做了一个一生中最真实的梦
I feel close to Dad, which is nice. I have a very…I had most vivid dream of my entire life.
梦里我和母亲在粉刷着一座房子
me and my mom were painting someone’s house.
父亲忽然毫无征兆地出现在门口
and he just turned up at the door unexpectedly.
我们一直说说笑笑 三人如此相处还是第一次
we got to speak and we got to laugh and joke for the first time.
但我之前从未……有过关于他的那么真实的梦
but i never..i never had a dream
现在我就在太平洋的中央地带
that vivid of him before. and here i am in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
我所做的一切现在都有意义了
And it’s all making sense.
今天是航行的第180天 也是我的生日
It’s my 180th day at the sea, and my birthday.
第29天
It is day 29.
第30天
it’s day 30,
我们在太平洋上的某个地方……
we’re somewhere in the Pacific bla bla bla.
航行的一个月里我有时期待着抵达夏威夷
Over a month in this boat, part of me is looking forward to getting to Hawaii
重新回到现实生活中去
and joining real life again.
有时海上航行千难万阻
There were some dark moments on the boat.
我曾泪盈满眶……情绪激动……
I’ve been in tears and..you know just emotionally…
到达父亲生前最后所在之地
coming to the place that holds the end of my father’s life.
我已做好心理准备面对这痛苦的事实
I hadn’t prepared for the fact that it would be as difficult as it has been,
但现在我迈出了一大步 我觉得
but now I’ve kind of made a breakthrough and i feel,
对航行信心大增 目前行程已过半
a lot more confident on the boat, we’re over half way.
我享受着这一切
I’m enjoying myself.
-你是否感觉这样的经历赋予你了新的动力? -当然
– Do you feel like this has sort of given you a new purpose?- Absolutely.
毫无疑问 这是我一生所做的最重要的事情
It’s without doubt, the most important thing that I’ve ever done in my life.
航行的每一个阶段都使我与
And every single stage has enabled me to relate,
父亲的生活经历紧密相连
to a point of my father’s life.
像是一扇没上锁的门 我无论如何也进不去
And it’s like unlocking a door, in somewhere i could never get into,
这些经历才是打开门的隐形钥匙
without taking on something like this.
距航行目的地还有4个半小时 17英里
We’re four and a half hours away, we’re 17 miles away.
我们就快成功了!快看那片陆地!
We’ve nearly done it. Look at that land ho!
我不敢相信
I can’t believe it,
整个……
a full..
不敢相信这一切都是真的
I can’t imagine this is happening.
航行几尽结束 说起来有些煽情 但我感觉他就在我心中
We’ve nearly made it, it sounds a bit cheesy, but he’s completely within me
无论我去往何方 他与我同在
And wherever I go, he comes with me.
我坚信 我们两都是海之划手
And i completely believe that we’re both ocean rowers.
一同拥有这荣誉
we’ll always have that now together.
我想念他
I miss him.
希望他会在天堂冲着我微笑
and I hope that he’s smiling down from wherever he is.
订阅更多探索者故事
Don’t forget to subscribe for more seekers’ stories.
请收看下集夏威夷故事
and be sure to watch this next episode of Hawaii
为何野猪
where we go on the hunt to understand how wild pigs
正毁坏着珊瑚礁 精彩内容尽在下集
are damaging coral reefs.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

路易斯带着对父亲的怀念,战胜自我,度过了一段对其人生意义非凡的海上的划行时光

听录译者

生如夏花

翻译译者

DAY 1

审核员

瞌睡虫儿

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b198pPzL-Zo

相关推荐