这里有个妙招送给有人类肉体的你们
Here’s a handy tip for those of you who happen to have a human body.
当你的身体经常有东西产生…你的身体可能
When something comes out of your body on a regular basis … your body’s probably got
正需要个好理由去除掉它
a good reason for getting rid of it.
就像有时候你肚子有太多胀气
Like, how sometimes, if there’s too much gas in our stomachs, it’ll just go right
顺着进入通道排出 然后…
back up the way it came in and …
[打嗝]
[Squeaks burps]
通常来说 你发现你鼻子有东西排出也是因为
And generally speaking, the same idea goes for whatever you might find coming out of
同样的道理
your nose.
我们的鼻子里面充满了黏滑、有时又有点硬硬的东西 你知道我说的是什么:
Our noses get full of slimy, gooey, and sometimes crusty stuff. You know what I’m talking about:
鼻屎
boogers.
啊…是的…鼻屎听起来有点恶心
And … yeah …. boogers are pretty gross.
但是 记住,我们身体的每一部分都有它们存在的意义
But! Keep in mind that almost everything that makes up our bodies has a purpose.
除非它们是时候要从我们身体离开
That is, until it’s time for it to leave.
那么 鼻屎是从哪里来的呢 又是为什么在鼻子里
So, where do boogers come from, and why are they there?
那就从你呼吸时候发生的事情说起吧
Let’s start with what happens when you take in a breath.
当你呼吸在吸气的时候 你不单单把空气吸进你的肺部…你还
When you breathe in, or inhale, you’re not only pulling air into your lungs…you’re
吸进了空气中漂浮的一大堆东西 这些东西小到
also taking in a lot of what’s floating around in the air … stuff that’s too small
肉眼难以看见
to see…
像灰尘泥土、植物花粉、烟 或者其他不同的污染物和细菌
…like dust and dirt, pollen from plants, smoke and other kinds of pollution, and germs.
如果这些东西进入你的身体,你可能会生病
If these things get into your body, they could make you sick.
庆幸的是 在这些东西更深地进入到你身体之前 你的身体有强大的武器
But thankfully, your body has a powerful weapon to help trap these things before they can
去捕获这些东西
get too far.
这个武器就是黏液
And that weapon is mucus.
是的,同样是黏糊的鼻涕 在你感冒或者过敏的时候它会
Yup, the same gooey, slimy snot that clogs up your tissue and runs out of your nose when
塞住你的纸巾再从鼻子里面跑出这些都是有目的的!
you have a cold or allergies. That stuff has a purpose!
当你吸气呼气时候 空气经过你的嘴鼻进入肺部
When you breathe in and out, air moves through your mouth and nose and down to your lungs.
这个环节组成了你的呼吸系统 它的任务就是
These parts of your body make up your respiratory system. The job of your respiratory system
帮助你从空气中得到氧气满足身体所需
is to help your body get the oxygen it needs from the air.
而你呼吸系统的所以环节都和一层薄薄的粘膜相关联 甚至
And all of the parts of your respiratory system are lined with a thin layer of mucus … even
在你没有生病的时候也是如此
when you’re not sick.
你的身体经常产生大量黏液 但只是你没太注意到而已 这是因为
Your body makes a lot of mucus, but usually don’t notice it. That’s because the mucus is normally
这些黏液通常来说非常稀薄
really thin and watery.
它能够保持呼吸系统的湿润性和健康 但有时候
It helps keep the parts of your respiratory system moist and healthy. But it’s also
它可以变得非常非常黏糊
really, really sticky.
当你呼吸的空气流通过它时 很多空气中细微的颗粒
And as the air you breathe passes over it, many of the teeny tiny particles in the air
–如细菌、粉尘和其他刺激性物质–就会粘在上面…被捕获了
— the germs, dust, and other irritating things — stick to it… and get trapped.
最后是时候清除这些垃圾了!
Then, it’s time to take out the trash!
在鼻子和肺的内部的小毛发被称为纤毛 它像扫帚一样
Little hairs in the back of your nose and your lungs called cilia act like brooms, sweeping
将粘液扫到喉咙吞入 直下胃部
the mucus to your throat where it gets swallowed…and goes right to your stomach.
但是不用担心啦!胃里充满了各种化学物质能帮你消灭全部
But don’t worry! The inside of your stomach is full of chemicals that help destroy all
细菌和其他一些乱七八糟的东西,所以你不会生病
of the germs and other stuff so you don’t get sick.
但是那些你鼻子里的东西呢?
But what about all of that stuff up your nose?
有时候,你吸入的空气非常干燥,当你吸入大量干燥空气时
Well! Sometimes the air you breathe in is really dry. And when you breathe in a lot
你鼻内粘连的粘液不再稀薄,而是变得又干又硬
of dry air, the mucus that lines your nose, instead of being thin and watery, gets dry
颇像泥土龟裂的样子
and crusty….kind of like what happens to mud when it dries out.
这些被留下的干透的粘液泥垢就是鼻屎了
The hard things left behind—dried up mucus and dirt —are the boogers.
而粘在这些粘液上的东东会随着变干,在跑出鼻子的时候
The stuff stuck in that mucus when it dries out can change the color of what comes out
颜色也会有所改变
of your nose.
有时候 粘液上附着这一丝丝的血液会使其变成棕色
Sometimes mucus has tiny bits of blood, which makes it brown…
又有时候 你的身体会产生细胞去杀死粘在粘液上的细菌
…and sometimes your body sends cells to kill the germs stuck in the mucus…and these
而这些细胞里面的化学物质可以使粘液变得有点绿色或是红色
cells have chemicals in them that can make the mucus kind of green or pink.
但不管这里面有什么 可以用纸巾擤鼻子,但别将这些粘液抠下
But no matter what’s in them …blow your nose in a tissue, don’t pick it.
鼻屎上面充满粘液捕获的细菌,甚至上面的细菌
Boogers are full of germs that were trapped by that mucus, and some of those germs could
还能继续传播疾病
still spread disease.
归根究底,鼻屎之所以存在的原因是粘液能够将你体内的东西清除走
After all, the boogers are there because mucus has kept that stuff out of your body!
所以快随手准备纸巾擤鼻子…然后彻底地清洗你的双手
So, keep a tissue handy and blow your nose…and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards!
良好的举止同样也是…好的科学学问!
Good manners are also … good science!
感谢你收看我们的SciShow Kids! 如果你想知道你体内的一些物质是怎样
Thanks for joining us on SciShow Kids! Do you have a question about how something works
起作用的?可以请求家长在下方留言,或者发电子邮件kids@thescishow.com
in your body? Ask an adult to help you leave a comment below, or email us at kids@thescishow.com.
好了,下次再见!
And we’ll see you next time!
