ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

猫咪生态园 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

猫咪生态园

We Revisit Man's Cat Playland and our Hearts Explode Again

过去的大概30年里我们一直在救助猫
– We’ve been rescuing cats for almost 30 years.
一旦我开始收养猫 这逐渐变成了一种执念
Once I started adopting, it become kind of an obsession
之后猫的数量就像是滚雪球般增长
and then it just kind of snowballed.
我们现在有22只猫
We currently have 22 cats,
这听起来很疯狂 也没有计划性
which sounds insane,and wasn’t planned.
这是Smudge
This is Smudge.
那里是Poppyseed Cheesecake Chocolate
And so there’s Poppyseed, Cheesecake, Chocolate
Secret Donut Vanilla Smoky Minibean
Secret, Donut,Vanilla, Smoky, um, Minibean
Imibin Mikon Climber. 我忘了许多名字
Imibin, Mikon, Climber. I’m forgetting a whole bunch.
我想不起别的了
I can’t remember anymore.
你好 Pepper
Hi, Pepper.
如果你是爱猫人士
If you’re a cat person
对于我来说猫信任你的那一刻
to me,the moment that the cat trusts you,
因为猫通常很机警
because cats are usually wary,
它们的信任让我觉得很惊喜
I just find that aspect of it to be amazing.
我喜欢收养无家可归的猫
I like to adopt cats that are hard to place.
你知道 我们收养黑猫
You know, we take black cats,because of superstition,
因为它们很难找到归宿 我还喜欢收养怕生的猫
are hard to place, and I like to take shy cats,
因为大多数人不愿意要它们
’cause most people don’t want them.
所有猫都是不同的
All cats are different.
有些喜欢社交 有些喜欢独处
Some cats wanna be social, some wanna be their own space,
我们大概在25年前开始建猫道
and we started building catwalks about 25 years ago.
这个房子到处都是猫道 喷泉
The house is filled with walks, it’s filled with fountains,
到处都是水声
both for the sound,
因为猫在那里喝水
and because the cats drink from them.
回报就是我们和猫拥有这个禅意的经历
The reward is that we have this zen-like experience for us and the cats.
22只猫 是22种不同的有意识的生灵
22 cats, they’re 22 different sentient beings.
猫传染性腹膜炎(Cat FIP)一种对猫来说致命并且无法治愈的疾病
我第一次接触到FIP是四年前
My first experience with FIP was four years ago,
我们已领养了两只小猫 其中一只叫Peanut
we had adopted two kittens and one of them, Peanut,
被诊断患有FIP 这个病我从未听过
was diagnosed with FIP and I had never heard of it,
这个可怕的病症
and it’s this horrible disease
幼猫和成猫都可能会感染
that usually attacks kittens and older cats.
Peanut从确诊到我们不得不对它进行安乐死只活了五天
Peanut lasted five days from diagnosis to the time we had to euthanize her.
我被告知这种病很罕见 我想
I was told it was really rare, and I thought,
我已经养猫养了25年
I’ve been doing this for 25 years,
我不想再看见这种病
first time I saw it,I’ll never see it again.
我们又收养了两只小猫Vanilla和Ms. Bean
We adopted two more kittens, Vanilla and Ms. Bean,
并且Ms.Bean被诊断患有FIP
and Ms.Bean was diagnosed with FIP,
但是通过网络的奇迹
but through the magic of the internet
和猫的名气
and the fame of my cats,
我们接触到了加利福尼亚大学戴维斯分校
I was put in touch with UC Davis.
他们正在进行药物试验
They were starting a drug trial,
Ms. Bean得到了救助
and Ms. Bean was accepted.
最终她没能成功康复
Ultimately,she didn’t make it, but they learned
但是他们通过研究它学到了很多
but they learned a great deal from studying her.
我发现了Smoky 另一只患有FIP的小猫
I found Smoky, another FIP kitten.
我当时有些害怕
It was a little scary,
要知道我刚刚从痛苦中走出来
knowing what I had just gone through,
但是我很可能要再经历一次
that I was probably gonna go through that again.
但是Smoky不像Ms. Bean 它对治疗有反应
But Smoky, unlike Ms. Bean, did respond,
这特别罕见
one of the rare ones that did.
他经历了持续12周 每天两次痛苦的治疗
He went through 12 weeks of twice daily painful shots.
治疗计划是这样 他再也不会离我而去了
That was the protocol, and he would never run away.
他现在完全康复了
He’s now completely recovered,
并且他是现在仅有的几只
and he is now one of the very few cats
能从FIP中活下来的猫
who survived FIP.
他是一只很特殊的猫
He’s a pretty special cat.
这种疾病的研究者们认为
The researchers who have been studying this,
他们已经研究了大概50年
they’ve been studying it for 50 years,
但今年是他们第一次能真正治愈一只猫
and only this year is the first time they were actually able to cure a cat,
这件事鼓舞了我们去为研究者募捐
and so that inspired us to raise money for the researchers,
去加快药物的研发
to speed this drug.
建造是我的主要工作
My main business is construction.
我有一个建筑公司 在那我可以建造所有猫道
I have a construction company, which is how I could build all these catwalks.
我们一直不停的建造猫道
We never stopped building catwalks.
时间和金钱允许的情况下我们就建
We build them as money and time allows,
我们没有建造过猫不用的猫道
and we’ve never built one that they don’t use.
并且我们努力去发明新东西
And we try to invent new things.
很多年来 人们一直在问我
For years, people have asked me,
你能在我房子里建一个吗?
can you do this in my house?
我们正在以组件形式售卖猫道
And we’re selling the catwalks in kit form,
我们的想法是用合理的价格
and the idea is that for a very reasonable price,
你就能拥有一个完整的猫道
you’ll get a catwalk complete.
只需基本的木工技术就能组装得和我们的一样
It will be able to install by basic carpentry skills, and they’ll be like ours,
它们可移动并且整个流程
they’ll be floating, and the proceeds of that
将由ZenByCat提供教学
will be going towards ZenByCat,
这和FIP的研究有直接关联
which goes towards FIP research.
我是多个社交网站的会员
I belong to a lot of social media sites that,
这些团体为FIP服务 有私人的和公开的
these groups for FIP, both private and open groups,
每一天故事是一样的
and everyday, the story is the same.
你看见新成员加入 然后说
You see new members joining, and saying,
你知道吗?我为我或我孩子收养了一只猫
you know, I adopted a kitten for me or my kid,
当它们感冒的时候 我突然被告知
and they got a cold, and suddenly, I’m told,
我只能给他执行安乐死 这太可怕了
I have to euthanize it, and it’s so horrific.
你十分无助
You’re so helpless.
你被告知你什么都做不了
You’re told there’s nothing you can do.
这些人心碎了 他们想做点什么
These people are heartbroken, and they want to do something
我们尝试着 给他们更有可行性的办法
and we’re trying to give them a constructive way
这是我的殷切希望
to do something, that’s my great hope for this.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

养22只猫是什么感受?它们有专属通道,有喝水的喷泉。而你的加入,让更多关于FIP的研究得以实现

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

ID570733

审核员

审核员 RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvdToc1iqUw

相关推荐