ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

想从书中得到更多吗?别傻傻地从头读到尾了 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

想从书中得到更多吗?别傻傻地从头读到尾了

Want to get more from books? Stop reading them cover to cover. | Shane Parrish

Want to get more from books? Stop reading them cover to cover.
想从书中学到更多吗 不要再从头读到尾
I have so many friends who want to buy books and want to learn.
我有很多买书想要学习的朋友
The problem is they buy book they start it to get two or three chapters in,
问题是他们买了书 开始阅读两到三章
and then they stop reading.
然后他们就停下来了
And then they feel bad that they’ve stopped reading.
然后他们觉得这样不好
They don’t pick up another book
他们也不会再拿起另一本书
because they know they want to finish this book.
因为他们知道自己想读完这本书
We’ve been taught that once we start something we have to finish it.
经常有人教导我们做事要有始有终
And I think that so often we view books as this linear thing.
我经常在想我们要把阅读看成长远的事情
Whereas I think a different view of books is,
然而我觉得书本的不同观点是
what information do I need out of book right now?
我需要马上从书中得到什么信息
Is that an entertainment read?
那是娱乐读物吗
Do I need to read from start to finish?
我需要从头到尾读完吗
Is it a read where I’m comparing different views on a similar problem?
我读的是对于一个问题不同看法吗?
Especially across non-fiction.
尤其是非小说类文学
Am I comparing and contrasting two or three different authors’ argumentation
我是在比较两三个不同作者的争论
or authors’ views on a particular angle to a subject?
或是作者对特定主题的观点吗?
In which case, I might not need to read the whole book.
在这种情况下 我可能不需要全本阅读
I just need to read a chapter.
我只需要读一章
But then I’ve gotten everything out of that book.
我就知道整本书在讲什么了
The books are there to serve you, right?
书是为你服务的 对吧
You own the book.
你拥有这本书
The book is your property.
书籍是你的财富
It’s your mental property.
它是你的精神财富
It’s your physical property.
它是你的物质财富
And you can do with it what you want.
有了书 你想做什么就做什么
You don’t have to feel bad about putting down a book.
你没必要为放下一本书而难过
It’s the author’s job to pull you into the book.
作者的工作就是把你拉进书里
It’s your job to extract what you need out of the book.
你的工作就是从书中提取你需要的东西
And I think that extracting what you need,
我觉得要提取你需要的
you can just read the table of contents,
只需要阅读目录
read the introduction, maybe read the conclusion, and skim a little bit.
引言 也可以阅读结论 并略读一下
And is this a book that I want to read in its entirety?
这本书 我想从头到尾读完吗
And most of the time, the answer is going to be no.
大多数答案都是否定的
A lot of the books that are published today could easily be 20 to 40 pages.
很多出版的书籍 随随便便就有20到40页
You would get everything that you need out of that book.
你会从那本书中得到你需要的一切
So it’s a big waste of time to read it cover to cover.
因此 从头到尾读完很浪费时间
But if you want to extract the general principles from the book,
但是如果你想提取书中的总则
or the sort of like argumentation that the author’s making,
或是类似于作者提出的论证
you don’t need to read every little anecdote that’s put in there,
你不需要阅读书中的每一件轶事
or every story about Billy and Bob.
或者比利和鲍勃的每一个故事
You just need to know what is the framework for this argumentation?
你只需要知道这个论证的框架是什么
Do I agree with it?
我同意吗
Don’t I agree with it?
我不同意吗
Do I have to make a decision on whether I agree with it or not?
我同意或不同意都要做个决定吗
Does a different author have a contrasting view that I want to learn about?
不同的作者有不同的观点 我能学到什么呢
Or is this something that I’m just reading for general knowledge?
或者我能从中学到什么常识
I might not put into practice.
我可能不会去实践
Or if you think about skill development, right?
或让你想到了技能发展 对吧
Which is a common reason that most of us read.
这就是我们大多数人阅读的原因
We’ll think of, I want to learn about leadership.
我们会想 我想学习领导能力
And we’ll think of this very big, broad category
我们会想这个非常大非常宽的范围
whereas it’s usually much more beneficial from a learning perspective
从学习的角度来看
to narrow down the aspect of leadership.
缩小领导力的范围 通常会更有益
I want to talk about leading a small team for the first time.
我想谈谈第一次领导一个小团队
I want to talk about team meetings.
我想谈谈团队会议
I want to talk about what are the —
我想谈谈什么是
like break down what it means to be a leader,
对于领导者来说 失败意味着什么
and then hone in on those particular categories.
然后在研究那些特定的类别
Pick up a whole bunch of leadership books.
挑选一大堆有关领导力的书
But then read just for those specific categories across the books.
然后只读书籍中特定的部分
If you’re reading for knowledge,
如果你为增长见识而阅读
that’s going to give you a much better outcome
这将会使你收益颇丰
than sort of picking up one of these books and reading it cover to cover.
而不是挑选其中的一本并从头到尾读完
Because it’s going to be hard to put into practice.
因为它很难付诸于实践
It’s going to be hard to compare different contrasting views on the subject.
很难去比较有关这个主题的不同观点
It’s going to be hard to determine what works for you.
很难确定什么对你有用
And ultimately, that’s why you’re reading.
最终 这就是你正在阅读的原因
You want to figure out what works for you.
你想弄清楚对你有用的东西
And that’s not always what somebody else says.
这并不是听别人说就能搞懂的
A lot of what books cover is, here’s what worked for me.
很多书所涵盖的内容 这些对我有用
And what worked for me in this particular ecosystem,
以及在这个特定生态系统中
particular point in time,
在这个特定的时间点
with this particular team.
与这个特殊的团队 对我有用的东西
That may or may not work for you.
这可能对你有用 也可能对你无用
Your job is to sort of understand
你的工作是去理解什么范围
to what extent does that carry over to what I’m doing?
会延续到我正在做的事
And to what extent do I have to change that?
以及我必须要改变到什么程度
And does it work for me?
它对我有用吗
And if it doesn’t, how am I going to get the feedback that I need,
如果没有 我将怎样得到我需要的反馈
so that I can learn from that
以便我可以从中学习并调整过程
and then adapt my process so that it does work.
使之变成对我有用的东西

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

正确的读书方法

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

李门牙😄

审核员

审核员 RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fvUYmJcqWg

相关推荐