ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

回老家 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

回老家

Visiting Home

ADOMICS动画
ADOMICS ANIMATION.
你们很多人都知道
As many of you guys know,
我生在菲律宾
I was born in Philippines and moved to Canada,
七岁时搬到了加拿大
when I was seven years old.
过了15年 我大学毕业后
It wasn’t for another 15 years that I would return
才第一次回到家乡
after I graduated from university.
那时我22岁
I was 22 and my parents figured
我的父母觉得我们该回老家一趟
it was time we all went back to visit.
背井离乡15年真的能改变你
Now, 15 years away from your homeland can really change you.
尽管我的父母尽了最大的努力
Although my parents did their best
在家里保留着菲律宾文化
to preserve the culture at home,
我还是不再讲他加禄语了
I kind of just stopped speaking Tagalog.
当父母和菲律宾人对我说话时
I was able to fully understand it
我能够完全理解
with my parents and other Filipino adults spoke to me,
但我都是用英语回答他们的
but ended up just replying in English.
我仍然会用一些他加禄词语 比如对我的长辈说“Opo”
I still use a few terms like saying ”Opo” to my elders,
用他加禄语叫大家吃饭
And “Let’s eat” to tell everyone it’s time to eat.
当我放屁时会说“嗯……好香啊”
And “Mmm…smell good” when I let out a fart.
除了一些短语
But other than a few phrases,
如果我需要用他加禄语回答的话
I had a lot of trouble keeping up a conversation.
我就不能继续聊下去了
if I needed to reply in Tagalog as well.
所以回家乡这件事让我很不安
So I was pretty nervous going back,
不得不去见那些几乎不记得的亲戚们
having to meet relatives that I barely remember,
要跟得上那些和我一样大的表兄弟们
catching up with my cousins who were all grown up like me,
然后让自己适应菲律宾的生活方式
and just adjusting myself back into the way of life in the Philippines.
我觉得语言是最难的一部分
I think language was the hardest part.
当人们和我说话时
When people spoke to me,
我知道要用什么单词和短语来回答
I knew what words and phrases to reply with.
但我说出来就是感觉怪怪的
But it didn’t feel right coming out of my mouth,
所以 当感觉到不妥时
so, when in doubt,
我就用夹着菲律宾口音的英语回答他们
I just ended up speaking English but with a Filipino accent.
他们都会说英语
They knew English well over there.
和西班牙语一样 英语也是这里的第二语言
It was considered the second language along with Spanish.
虽然我的亲戚们都听得懂
Although my relatives were cool with it,
但我和陌生人讲话时 还是很担心
I was always worried to speak to strangers.
“到了那里” 我妈妈老是警告我们
“The whole way there.”, my mom kept warning us,
特别是对我和妹妹
specifically my younger sister and I
因为我们讲的他加禄语最少
since we spoke the least Tagalog.
“一定不要大声说话
To “Avoid speaking out loud
因为如果你们在吉普尼上 他们听到你说话
because if we’re in the jeepney and they hear you,
就知道你们不是本地人
they’ll know you’re not from here
会绑架你们勒索赎金”
and want to kidnap you and hold you for ransom.”
所以第一个星期
So the first week or so,
每当我们出去吃饭或是去商店
whenever we go out to eat or shop,
因为害怕自己的肾脏被偷
I have to pretend like a mute
我不得不装成哑巴
in fear of my kidneys getting stolen.
希望我的父母 阿姨 叔叔和表兄弟们
And just hope my parents, aunts, uncles and cousins
能帮我跟人搭话
can communicate for me.
直到我们去过一次发廊
It wasn’t until we went to this one salon
我才意识到这根本不是事儿
that I realized it didn’t even matter.
我妈妈和我的姐姐妹妹打算去做美甲和面部护理
My mom and sisters decided to get a mani-pedi and facial treatment
她们想要我也跟着去
and they extended the invitation to me.
我爸爸和他的兄弟一起出去了
My dad was off hanging out with his brother
所以我决定 “酷 耶 我也要美美哒”
so I decided, “Cool, yeah! Let’s make me beautiful.”
我们到了那儿 我妈妈和姐姐先进去了
So we get there and my mom and my older sister go first,
我在大厅里冷得一愣一愣的
I’m chilling in the lobby,
但是那是个小而私密的空间
but it was kind of a small and intimate place.
所以我仍然可以与妈妈和妹妹交谈
So I was still able to speak with my mom and sister,
那时有两个女店员在为她们服务
along with the employees who were working on them.
这两个女店员交谈时
The two ladies are having a conversation with each other,
我听见一人用他加禄语说“我们在为韩国人服务吗?”
and then I hear, ” Gago in denim Coriana.”
我马上明白她说的是什么
And I understood what she said right away,
因为我说过 我懂他加禄语
because as I mentioned, I could understand Tagalog well,
我只是不会讲
I just had trouble speaking.
起初我不知道她们在说谁
At first I didn’t realize what they meant,
因为只有妹妹和我一起
because my younger sister and I were the only ones
在大厅里待着
waiting in the lobby.
我有点好奇
And I got kind of intrigued like,
心想“哇哦 在民都洛岛有韩国人吗?”
“Whoa! There’s Koreans here? In Mindoro?”
但很快我意识到
But then I realized,
“噢 她们在说我”
“Oh, they’re talking about me.”
因为虽然我是菲律宾人
Because although I’m Filipino,
但我肤色较浅
I’m on the lighter skinned end of the spectrum,
而菲律宾人普遍都是深色皮肤
and Filipinos are generally known to be darker skinned.
即使我的眼睛有点小 有点八字形
Even though I have small slanted eyes,
我就看起来像韩国人了?
As I was like, Me? Korean?
我经常被认为是中国人或越南人或泰国人或一些其他国家的人
I usually get Chinese or Vietnamese or Thai or whatever,
不过我想“也好 还挺个性的”
but, “Sure, OK. That’s kind of rare.”
所以 我意识到为了隐瞒我是外地人
So then I realized it doesn’t even matter
而不说话根本没用
if I don’t reveal my weak communication skills.
因为我看着就不像本地人
When I already look like I’m not from here,
外貌上就不一致
and can’t blend in with the people.
还有一件我不能适应的事 就是女佣
One thing I couldn’t get used to was maids.
我住的某些亲戚家里有女佣
Some relatives that I stayed with had maids in their household,
但我没能马上分辨出来
which I didn’t even realize were maids right away.
因为我已经有15年没见过她们了
Because these were people I haven’t seen in 15 years,
还有一些孩子 我离开菲律宾时还未出生
with kids who weren’t even around before I left.
当我到了他们那里
So when we got to their place,
他们并没向我介绍在厨房做早餐的女孩是谁
and they didn’t introduce the girl in the kitchen cooking breakfast,
我心想 “嗯 没事 可能等下会介绍”
I was like, “Huh, OK. Maybe they will later.”
在菲律宾 女佣及其家人
And in the Philippines, the maids and their family
通常和雇主一家同在一个大家庭生活
usually live with the main family,
她们住在外侧扩建的房间
often in an extension of the house.
她们每天从早到晚都要作家务
so they were pretty much in service all day every day.
最后 我们还是没有互相介绍
And we ended up never being introduced
所以 设想她们是女佣也没问题
so it was safe to assume that they were the maid.
我真的是不习惯她们这种女佣服务
I just couldn’t get used to having that kind of service either.
我觉得有点被惯坏了
I felt kind of spoiled in a way.
我成长的环境提倡
I was raised to kind of just,
“自己的事情自己做”
“Do shit on your own and take initiative.”
你知道的 要自立
You know, be independent.
即使去别人家做客
Even as a guest in someone else’s house,
我吃完饭后
I’ll make the effort to pick up my plate
都会收拾碗筷
when I’m done eating,
拿到洗碗池洗净 或者至少冲一下
and bring it to the sink to wash, or at least rinse out.
主人可能会叫我放着就行
The host might try to stop me,
但我至少得让他知道
but I’d at least want to let him know that
我是有教养懂礼貌的人
I have some level of decency and consideration.
但在菲律宾亲戚家 我这样做却显得不对了
But in that situation, I was apparently in the wrong.
当我吃完美味的香肠和鸡蛋 拿起盘子时
And when I got up after eating my delicious longanisa and eggs,
我表姐立即阻止我
my cousin immediately interrupts
用力将盘子摁回桌子上
and pretty much dunks my plate back down to the table,
喊道 “Kiki”
yells, ”Kiki”.
我忘记女仆的名字了 所以就叫她kiki吧
I forgot the maids name, so I’m just gonna call her Kiki.
随即 女仆扔掉手里的活
Then the maid drops whatever she was doing in the other room,
立即从别的屋跑过来 收起我的盘子去厨房洗干净
runs in and collects my dish to clean out the kitchen sink.
我不知该作何反应 好尴尬
I had no idea how to react.
我真没想到 我试着礼貌点
I didn’t know if I was being rude by
反而变得鲁莽了
trying not to be rude with my dishes.
有一次在商场的美食广场也经历了类似的事
But it was the same thing at the mall food court as well.
当我吃完饭
After I was done eating,
我拿起我的托盘去倒垃圾 却找不到垃圾桶
I picked up my tray and look for a trash can that didn’t exist.
接着 有个服务员非常恐慌的跑过来
Next thing I know this worker comes out all panicked
恳求我把托盘和垃圾放回桌子上
and pleads me to keep my trash and tray on the table
让他们来清理
for them to clean up.
我心想 “万幸 我成长的环境比这好多了”
“I was raised better than this.”
但总的来说 我这次旅程充满了新奇
But overall I’d say my trip was filled with amazing experiences.
能够再次和亲戚团聚真的太好了
It was great to see relatives again
因为我在加拿大没有亲戚
since I don’t really have any in Canada.
我还游览了很多不同的岛屿
And I got to travel around the different islands
非常感激这个国家
and really appreciate the country.
去了帕劳 从吓人的地下河漂流过去
Went to Palauan and floated through the scary-ass underground river.
去了薄荷岛 看了巧克力山
Went to Bohol and saw the chocolate hills,
当然不是真的由巧克力作的
not actually made of chocolate.
拜访了我父母在圣何塞和民都洛岛的老家
Visited my parents’ hometown of San Jose and Mindoro,
看到了他们长大的地方
and got to see where they grew up.
逛了马尼拉 我从小在那里长大
And just going around Manila where I was born
了解了那里的文化和生活方式
and seeing the culture and lifestyle
一切都与我在加拿大的环境不一样
that differed from what I was used to in Canada.
虽然 我认为加拿大是我的家
Although I consider Canada my home,
因为那里承载了我大部分的记忆和成长经历
since it contains the majority of my memories and experiences,
但我永不会忘记我的故乡 不会忘记我从哪里来
I’ll never forget my roots and where I came from,
希望你们也一样不要忘记故乡
and hopefully you guys never forget your origins as well.
本视频由家谱公司提供
This video has been brought to you by ancestry,
该公司是全球家族史和基因组学的领导者
the global leader in family history and consumer genomics.
我一直很好奇我是从哪里来的
I’ve always been curious as to where I came from
血统可追溯到多远
and how far back down the bloodline I can see.
虽然我父母告诉我 我们都是菲律宾人
Even though my parents have told me that we’re full Filipino,
我还是怀疑会有其它可能性
I have my suspicions that there’s more to it than that.
所以最近我决定去挖掘更多的家族史
So recently, I’ve decided to discover more about my family history,
通过家谱公司的DNA服务
Using ancestry’s DNA service
人们可以了解自己的种族混血情况
that allows people to uncover their ethnic mix,
找到亲戚 发现自己独特的家族史中新的细节
discover relatives, and find new details about their unique family history
仅仅需要一次简单的DNA测试
with a simple DNA test.
也许你在某个国家有一个表哥
So you might have a cousin in a country
你从未想过会和他相识
you never thought you’d be familiar with.
几星期前 我作了DNA测试
I did my DNA test a couple of weeks ago,
现在结果出来了
and now have my results
圣诞节时 我把结果告诉了全家
and have revealed it to my family on Christmas.
我会在另一个视频向大家讲述
And I’ll be sure to show footage of that in another video.
如果你想通过DNA寻祖认亲
If you’d like to start your own DNA discoveries,
家族公司现在打九折
ancestry is offering a 10 percent discount,
你可以登录网址ancestry.com/domics
you go to ancestry.com/domics,
或者直接点击简介中的链接
or click the link in the description.
它在全球超过30个地区市场上提供服务
It’s available internationally in over 30 markets,
所以几乎所有人都能参与
so almost everyone should be able to participate.
你可能会发现你家族的传承
You may find out things about your heritage
甚至你的祖父母可能都不曾晓得
that even your grandparents might be unaware of.
我记得有一次我父母说过
I think one time my parents mentioned that
我们可能有日本血统
we may have some Japanese in our blood.
但因为血缘太远
But because it’s so far back down the bloodline,
与人谈论到我的种族情况时
I’ve always just disregarded it
我也没提过
whenever talking about my ethnicity with others.
但现在我能拿出证据了
But now I may be able to shine some truth to it.
如果你们最终发现了一些
If you guys end up discovering something
关于你的血统方面令人惊奇的事
totally surprising about your origins,
请在评论区分享
share some of your results in the comments,
或者发信息给我 或者推特给我 标签写明“我的家谱”
or post or tweet me and use hashtag MYANCESTRY.
再说一遍网址 ancestry.com/domics
Again that’s ancestry.com/domics.
简介里有链接
Link in the description.
与以往一样 去享受吧
And as always, enjoy it.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一个在加拿大长大的菲律宾青年回老家后,体会到的文化差异...

听录译者

红花老七

翻译译者

Peter

审核员

T

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR67-gxELBk

相关推荐