ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

学术见解:加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

学术见解:加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院

UCLA Law School: Academic Insights

学术见解 加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院
你们好 很感谢你们接受这次采访
So guys, thanks so much for meeting with us.
可以做个自我介绍吗
Would you mind introducing yourselves?
你们是谁 在哪儿上学
Who you are, where you go to school,
以及你最喜欢的法律课程
and what your favorite law subject is.
我是Brianne Holland-Stergar
So I’m Brianne Holland-Stergar,
我是一名加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院的大二学生
and I am a second year law student at UCLA Law.
你最喜欢的科目是?
And your favorite subject?
我最喜欢的科目是宪法学
Oh and my favorite subject is con law, constitutional law.
[加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院]
我是Quemars Ahmed
My name is Quemars Ahmed.
我在加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院上学
And I go to UCLA Law School
宪法也是我最喜欢的学科
and I would agree with con law being my favorite subject.
法学院哪里最令你意外
What has surprised you the most about UCLA Law?
我觉得
I think the,
我不是因为
I mean it’s not necessarily surprising
没有预料到的事而意外
in the sense that I didn’t expect it,
而是我没有想到我会来这里上学
but probably because I didn’t really have that many expectations going into it,
但我确实
but I was surprised
很惊讶学院这么小
by how small a community it is.
在这儿你既可以认识很多同学
Where you get to know a lot of the other students
也可以认识很多教授
and a lot of the professors as well.
你们年级有多少人
How big is your class?
我们年级有多少来着
In our year we have what?
差不多270到290个
270-290, something like that.
270到290
270-290,
但一个班不会超过80或75个人
but you won’t have a class larger than 80, 75.
对 最多了
Yeah max.
是的
Yeah.
同学们会一起办社交活动吗
So do you guys have social events where you guys all get together?
一直都会
All the time.
我们现在到庭院了
So we’re in the courtyard right now,
我们每月至少举办
like every month at least,
一次蓝亩活动
we’ll have a blue acre,
一般喝啤酒和红酒
which is basically a happy hour
度过一段开心的时光
so we’ll have beer and wine out here.
每周四我们有酒吧考前复习活动
We have bar review every Thursday,
我们会租出一个酒吧
where we rent out a bar
欢迎所有法学院的学生参加
and the entire law school is welcome to come.
这和律师资格考试没关系吗
This has nothing to do with the bar exam?
当然没有 这有点难理解
Absolutely nothing, which is very confusing for some.
是的 我头几个星期带了书
Yeah cause I brought my books the first few weeks.
结果
And.
变得很奇怪
Weird.
对考虑将来去法学院上学的
What is the one piece of advice you would to give
在读高中生
to students in high school right now
你有什么建议
who are considering going to law school in the future?
我建议他们在准备上大学的时候
would recommend when going to college
不要读法律预科
to not major in pre-law,
而选一个让你有兴趣思考的专业
just major in something that interests you intellectually.
这样你就能做感兴趣的事情
So you would do something you’re interested in.
现在不用担心这个
Don’t worry about it yet,
这很关键
I think it’s the key thing.
是的
That’s also yeah.
不要担心
Just don’t worry about it.
记住这一点
Keep this in your mind
但要带着一颗开放的心进入大学
but go to college with a really open mind
并跟着学科走
and let your studies take you where they’re going to take you.
你们有谁可以今天早些时候
Can one of you earlier today,
带我朋友山姆在法学院里转转吗
walk my friend Sam around the law school for a tour>
不 我来吧
No me,
我可以
I think I can do that,
好的
Yes.
太棒了 来吧
Great let’s do it.
你当初为什么选择法学院
So why did you decide to go to law school?
因为我当过两年的老师
Cause I was a teacher for two years
我发现教学是一件很棒的事情
and I realized that teaching is awesome
但不适合我
but not for me.
好的
Fair enough.
然后我发现我喜欢律师的工作作风
And I knew that being a lawyer was the work style that I wanted
但我也想改变世界
but I could still make a big impact,
我知道我喜欢阅读 写作和研究
so I knew I liked reading and writing and research,
但同时我也想做一些
but at the same time I wanted to do something
对世界有益的事情
where I felt like I wasn’t making the world a worse place.
当然
Sure, sure.
为了二者兼得
And I could still do impactful things
我来了法学院
so then I came to law school.
很棒
That’s great.
那你在法学院经历过最酷的事情是什么?
What’s the coolest thing that’s happened to you at UCLA Law School?
看你怎么定义酷这个概念
Define cool as however you want.
我说几个不同的答案
Okay so I’m going to give multiple answers.
最酷的是
The coolest,
啊 我查过它 现在来这儿上学了
ah I googled law school and I’m in law school thing,
我见到了最高法院的Steven Breyer法官
I met Justice Steven Breyer, from the Supreme Court.
他非常酷
He was really cool.
他来发表讲话 我们来了个粉丝见面会
He came and spoke and we got to do a meet and greet
非常酷
and that was really cool.
我和联邦上诉法院的法官们一起吃过午餐
I got to have lunch with the Federal Court of Appeal’s Justices,
也很酷
which was cool.
所以是这样
So here’s the deal,
这里看起来像是70年代建造的
they look like they were built in the ’70s
不过本来就是
cause they were.

Hey.
但没有人会待在室内
But nobody spends time inside here
这里可是加利福尼亚
because we’re in California.
所以只要可以 大家都会
So everybody spends every minute that they can
待在外面的庭院
outside in the courtyard.
人们无数次
And I can’t count the number of times
走出建筑 躺在美丽的大草坪上
when people just go out there and they lay on our nice big grass
说五分钟我都学不下去了
and are like, I’m not going to study for five minutes
然后
and take a break,
在阳光下休息
in the, sunshine.
阳光下
Sunshine.
阳光下
Sunshine.
真美妙
That’s great.
对那些考虑来法学院的人
What advice would you give to someone
你有什么建议
who’s thinking about going to law school?
这里有人的情况是 我不知道
There are people here that are like, I don’t know,
我来这是因为
I came here because
这是人生的下一步
it was the next thing
我毕业了 得找个事情做
and I graduated and I wanted to do something,
他们在这儿的生活是最差的
and they have the worst time.
因为他们只是在做这件事
Because they’re just going through the motions of it
并不是真正的想要学习
and they don’t really want to learn about it.
所以我建议你想清楚是否想做一个律师
So I say really think about whether you want to be a lawyer.
想想你未来的生活
Think about what your life’s going to be like,
想想未来的工作类型
think about the type of work that you’re going to be doing,
不要因为计划去法学院而去法学院
and don’t just go to law school because it’s like, the thing to do.
不要为了去而去
Don’t go to law school for the sake of going to law school.
正是
Exactly.
好的
Right.
好的
Cool.
如果你想了解更多关于世界顶尖名校的信息
If you’re interested in hearing more about the world’s top universities,
千万记得订阅我们
don’t forget to subscribe.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

来听一听来自加州大学洛杉矶分校法学院的学长学姐们的建议和日常。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Violette

审核员

审核团C

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uXM29uj3K8

相关推荐