未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

化恐惧为动力-克里斯·哈德菲尔德

Turn Fear into Motivation with Chris Hadfield | MasterClass

生活中任何值得做的事情都有风险
Anything worth doing in life has risk.
这是我通过观察得出的结论
It’s been my observation.
如果你想要学走路
If you want to learn to walk
就像我们大多数人小时候那样 也是有风险的
like most of us did when we were a little,that had risk.
当我学走路的时候
When I was learning to walk,
那时我刚刚一岁多 我摔倒了
when I was just a little over a year old, I fell.
我们当时住的公寓是水泥地面
We were living in an apartment that hada concrete floor.
我摔倒了 脑袋磕到了地上 头破血流
I fell and banged my head on the floor and actually cracked my skull.
但是我需要学会走路
But I needed to learn to walk.
即使当时也没有人向我解释原因
And even though no one had explained it to me,
即使在那个阶段 生物学 进化论和我周遭的一切
even at that stage, biology and evolution and world around me
都迫使我学会走路
had put me in a position where learning to walk,
虽然这很危险 但也值得去做
which is dangerous, was worth doing.
作为一名宇航员 你的生活差不多就是这样
As an astronaut, that sort of becomes your life.
你会说 这是一个危险的工作
You say, this is a dangerous job.
驾驶火箭发射船会有生命危险
Flying a rocket ship kills people.
驾驶用来训练使用火箭发射船的喷气式飞机
Flying the jet aircraft that we use to train to fly rocket ships
会有生命危险
that kills people.
在水下训练太空行走时 我们中也有人去世了
We’ve had people die underwater training to do spacewalks.
这是一个危险的职业
It’s…It’s a dangerous profession
但就像学着走路和骑自行车一样
But much like learning to walkor learning to ride a bike.
如果你能学会了这项技能
If you can gain this skill,
如果你能做到这件事
if you can do this thing,
也许这些风险值得你去冒
then maybe those risks are worth taking
而我在很早之前决定
And in my case, I decided a long time ago
去探索未知的宇宙
that exploring the rest of the universe
是值得冒险尝试的
was worth taking a risk for.
对我来说 这是一个值得做的事情
To me, that’s a worthy thing.
我愿意改变自己
I’m willing to change who I am.
我并不是一个会盲目冒险的人
I’m not just a person who is blindly taking a risk.
而是一个懂得理性思考的人
But I am, instead, a calculating thinking human
我正尝试着去做一些人类从未做过的事情
who is trying to do something that we haven’t done before
同时我要了解如何战胜风险
and figure out how I can defeat the risk,
我要如何去战胜危险
how I can beat the danger
把我们安置到一个新地方
and put us in a new place,
安全的到达这新地方
get to that new place safely,
然后安然无恙的走出舱
come out the other side without a cracked head.
实际上 我喜欢做这样的事
I like what that does, actually
如果你觉得 因为值得 所以冒险
in that if you say “I’m gonna take a risk because it’s worth it”,
这会改变你的身份
that changes your part.
你并不是一个旁观者
You aren’t a spectator.
你也不是一个过客
You’re not a passenger.
你正是战胜风险这个过程的重要部分
You are now part of the process by which you’re going to defeat that risk.
你不需要害怕
You don’t have to feel afraid.
相反 你会感受到些许
instead you can sort of feel
解决问题的动力
like motivated to solve the problems.
你是试图实现这件事的重要角色
You’re part of this thing trying to make this happen.
因此 当我进出火箭船舱时
So that when I walk out to a rocket shipand I’m about to get in,
我明白这很危险
I know it’s dangerous.
这些年 我一直在思考这件事的危险性
I’ve been thinking about the danger of it for years and years.
但我不再感到害怕
But I no longer have to feel afraid.
这并不只是因为我做好了防御机制
That’s not the only defense mechanism that I have.
我已经在这儿工作了太长时间
I’ve been working on this thing so long,
而且我的工作并不是整天坐在这儿
and my job has not been to sit there
祈祷好运和希望的
and cross my fingers and hope.
我现在的工作是负责驾驶火箭发射船
My job is now to pilot this thing,
或者至少是训练机上的机组人员
or at least to be part of the flight crew onboard
然后安全战胜风险
and safely defeat the risk,
最后成功的到达另一个地方
get out the other side of it with success.
对于生活中的所有事情 我都会这样想
And I sort of treat everything in my life that way.
我认为值得去做的事是什么?
What is it that I think is worth doing?
这些事会有哪些风险?
What are the risks involved?
我要如何处理这些实际存在的风险
And how can I address the actual risks
才能实现我认为重要的事?
so that I can achieve the things that I think are important?
进入太空的宇航员从来不会迷信祈祷
No astronaut launches for space with their fingers crossed.
那不是我们处理危险的方式
That’s not how we deal with risk.
我们不会把这个问题推诿给其他人
We don’t just take it as somebody else’s problem.
我们已经准备好 正视风险 迎难而上
We are ready to confront the risk head on
我们知道 危险与害怕是有区别的
and recognize that there is a differencebetween danger and fear.
危险并不等同于害怕
They’re not synonymous.
很多人都不懂
So many people ask
因为在英语中 这两个词经常混用
because in English, it’s sort of crept in.
噢 那一定很可怕的事物
Oh, that must be a scary thing.
事物并不可怕
And things aren’t scary.
是人觉得可怕
People are scared.
这是有区别的
It’s different.
事物就是事物而已
The thing is just the thing.
无论你觉得它可怕与否——有些人害怕蜘蛛
Whether you choose to be scared — some people are afraid of spiders.
有些人害怕镜子
Some people are afraid of mirrors.
有些人害怕空旷的区域 密闭的空间
Some people are afraid ofopen spaces, confined spaces.
但这仅仅是你对存在事物的反应
But that’s just your reaction to a thing that exists.
你可以选择害怕与否
You can choose to be afraid or not.
如果你害怕某个事物 为什么呢?
And if it makes you afraid, why?
为什么这会使我感到恐惧?
Why does this make me fearful?
也许有我不该面对的危险
Maybe there’s a dangerthere I shouldn’t be confronting.
我永远也不会去做一个走钢丝的人
I am never going tobe a tightrope walker.
对我来说 走钢丝太危险了
To me, there’s so much dangerin walking down a tightrope
几乎也不能从中得到好处
and so little benefit to getting across the tightrope
我不愿意冒其中的风险
that it’s not a risk I’m willing to take.
这是一种真实存在的危险
It’s a real danger.
我能感受到走钢丝的恐惧
I can feel the fear of doing it
这种恐惧感提醒我 这很危险
the fear warns me that this is a danger
而我并不想承受这种风险
I don’t want to I don’t want to subject myself to.
但是生活中还有许多其他的风险
But there’s lots of other risks in life
我认为是值得一试的
that I do think are worthwhile.
我认为 生活中真正重要的一步是
And the real, I think, important step in life
去辨别哪些风险是值得尝试的
is to identify what are the risks worth taking
如果它们使你害怕 又是为什么呢?
If they do make you afraid, why?
因为这可能代表着
Because that’s probably an indicator
你还没有学会
that you haven’t learned how to do
你需要做的事
what is you need to do yet.
然后开始改变自己
And then start changing who you are.
掌握技能
Gain your skill.
战胜恐惧最好的办法就是掌握能力
The best antidote for fear is competence.
如果你很有能力
If you can make yourself competent,
那么你就不再恐惧害怕
then you’re not just relying on fear,
反之 你已经成为能做这种事的人
but you’re actually a person who can do this thing.
而且如果你有能力
And if you’re competent,
那么你不但能做这类事情
then not only can you do this thing,
而且你做这件事的时候 还能抽空休息一下
but you can relax while you’re doing it.
你可以环顾四周
You can look around.
感受一下 你做的这件事有多酷
You can notice how cool this thing is.
现在正在发生的这件危险的事 有我呢
This dangerous thing that’s happening, I got this.
我知道如何去做这件事
I know how to do this thing.
我不会像一只吉娃娃那样吓得落荒而逃
I am not just a chihuahua shaking away,
希望这个问题消失 放我一条生路
hoping that this problem will disappear without killing me.
与此不同的是 你是一个有能力有潜力的人
Instead, you’re a functioning thriving human.
正在做一件了不起的事
in the middle of something amazing,
并且你已经变成了一个真正能让大家欣赏的人
and you have turned yourself into somebody who can truly appreciate it.
对我来说 那才是你该处理风险的方式
To me, that’s how you should deal with risk.
[音乐响起]
[MUSIC PLAYING]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

人内心深处的恐惧感,就像一条无形的绳索,你感觉不到它的存在,它却控制了你的心神,让你无法平静地生活。其实,所有的恐惧都是你的大脑出于保护自己的本能而产生的,也就是说未知所带给我们的恐惧并没有你潜意识中所认为的那样危险。虽然各种各样的恐惧伴随我们一生,但却不能让它控制我们的一生,因为只要你愿意,完全可以化恐惧为力量,并让它服务于你,让你变得更强大。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

咪哞

审核员

审核员_BZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6A7kLf-cfw

相关推荐