ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

光速旅行 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

光速旅行

Traveling Light

Vsauce 我是杰克 在这之外还有伙伴真是太好了 我已经孤身一人有段时间了
Vsauce, I’m Jake and it is good to have some company out here…I’ve been alone for quite some time.
我们正在前往离地球一万光年的地方
We’re currently headed 10,000ly away from Earth.
你刚错过半人马座阿尔法星——距离太阳系最近的星系
You actually just missed Alpha Centauri, the closest star system to our own solar system
它距离地球4.37光年远 约25兆7000亿英里
at 4.37 light years away or about 25.7 trillion miles.
现在看来 用更老的技术这会花很长的时间 但是在将来
Now, this would have taken a long time with older technology, but here in the future we
我们可以用99.99%光速旅行
can travel at 99.99% the speed of light.
这会大大快于你曾经习惯的速度
That is much faster than what you’re probably used to.
在你们的时代 最快的载人航空器是阿波罗10号 它的速度能达到每小时24,790英里
The fastest speed a manned spacecraft achieved in your time was Apollo 10 at 24,790 mph.
经由它到达半人马座阿尔法星将花上超100,000年的时间
That would have taken over 100,000 years to get to Alpha Centauri.
所以科学家们尝试做出更快的宇宙飞船
So scientists tried to create ships that were even faster.
猎户座计划是最著名的
Project Orion is the most well known.
它利用核脉冲 原子弹不时在船身后爆炸
It used nuclear pulse propulsion, atomic bombs being detonated at intervals behind the ship,
来推动自身前进
to propel itself forward.
尽管猎户计划是不可思议的前瞻性思考 会推动我们更接近
Orion, even though it was incredibly forward thinking and would have pushed us closer than
交互星球旅行 但是从来没有接近实现 因为
ever to inter planetary travel, never came to fruition in part because of the Nuclear
1963年的“禁止核试验条约”
Test Ban Treaty in 1963.
理论上,一个熔融驱动的猎户星座可以达到10%(.1c)光速
Theoretically, a fusion-powered Orion could achieve velocities up to 10% (.1 c) the speed
这意味着坐上它到半人马座阿尔法星来场旅行只要44年
of light, meaning it would only take 44 years to make the journey to Alpha Centauri.
当然 这些都假设你在另一端也不想减速
Of course all this assumes you don’t want to slow down at the other end.
携带充足的燃料可以加倍减少旅行时间
Carrying enough fuel to slow down doubles the travel time.
长距离太空旅行中的困难之一就是加速
One of the difficult aspects of long distance space travel is acceleration.
它不能立即加速 这不适应于载人飞行任务
It isn’t instant, it can’t be for manned missions.
当我们开始讨论10% 25% 50%光速时
When we start talking about 10%, 25%, 50% the speed of light, accelerating there is
加速实际上是个慢过程
a slow process.
达到1%的光速要花36天
Getting to just 1% would take 36 days.
如果你一不小心碰到了推进器 瞬间加速到你想要的速度
If you hit the thrusters and immediately accelerated to that speed, you’d be instantaneously
由于巨大的重力作用 你将会瞬间死亡 然后你残留的身体会使
killed due to the immense G-Force, and then what remained of your body would make the
座舱看起来像是抽象主义艺术
cockpit look like abstract art.
星际旅行时有很多事情要考虑 比如其一太空
There are a lot of things to factor when it comes to interstellar travel: for one space
不是空无一物的
isn’t empty.
它当中有星云 太空垃圾
There are dust clouds, space debris.
当你以一半的光速扑向这些巨型种子时
When you are going at these immense speeds; at say half the speed of light, just hitting
只撞击一块碎片的1/4 却等同于
a piece of debris the size of a quarter would be equivalent to being hit by a 15 kiloton
被15吨原子弹撞击
atomic bomb.
能量是另一个原因
Energy is another.
以50%光速加速一公吨宇宙飞船(好比如我的这艘)所需的总能量
The amount of energy needed to accelerate a metric ton spacecraft like this one at even
将需要花费两个月——这相当于地球在这两个月全部能源
half the speed of light would require 2 months worth of the entirety of Earth’s energy
输出
output.
另外的两个月将用于减速
And another 2 months worth to slow down.
快速标注:我们的太空船轻得不可思议
Quick side note: our craft is incredibly light.
NASA太空飞船的质量是(我的飞船)的2000倍多 它需要2000倍的
A NASA space shuttle weighs about 2000 times more and would require 2000 times the amount
总能量
of energy.
以当前我们正在行驶的速度计算 如果它达到99.99%光速 它将会需要地球总计
At the speed we are currently travelling, 99.99%, it requires, in total, 20 years worth
20年的全部能量输出
of Earth’s energy output.
我目前正在经历的最令人感到虚弱的
But the one that I find to be the most debilitating, the one that I am currently experiencing,
便是孤独
is loneliness.
太空看起来似乎是没有尽头的 但它总有边际
Space feels limitless, but there are limits.
聊天只能快如光速那般进行着
Communications can only travel as fast as the speed of light.
目前可知没有任何办法可以改变(交流困难的局面)
There is no way currently known for that to be any different.
然后你发现你自己…孤身一人
So you find yourself…alone.
在电影中 他们总是乐于展示在太空基地里各个飞船成员间的畅快交流
In movies they always showed home base communicating immediately with the ship.
但实际上 你向外飞得越远 你们交流所花费的时间便越长
But the fact of the matter is, the further out you go, the longer it takes, so by the
当你收到信息的时候 发送信息给你的人很有可能不会
time you receive that message, the people that send it are most likely not going to
不会停在原地收到你的回复
be around to hear your response.
在一次星际穿越任务中 关键不是你和一个人能聊多少 而在于你能和多少人聊
On an interstellar mission it isn’t so much who you talk to, but how many.
说到信息 如果你想知道为什么我在距你10000光年外的地方旅行
Speaking of messages, if you were wondering why I’m travelling 10,000ly away it’s
因为我们从那个距离的外来文明收到了消息
because we received a message from an alien civilization at that distance.
太棒了 幸运的是我们可以跳上99.99%光速的飞船然后在14年后到达那里
So good, luckily we can hop in our 99.99% speed of light ship and get there in 14 years,
当然是单程
one way.
然而时间并不是一条直线
However time isn’t a straight line.
时间是相对的 它不会以恒速移动
Time is relative and doesn’t move at a constant rate.
你穿过太空越快 穿过时间就越慢 和任何
The faster you move through space, the slower you move through time, relative to anything
不以那个速度运动的东西相关
not going that speed.
举个例子 在我们现在的速度 对我来说28年的往返旅行任务
For example, at our current speed, what is a 28 year round trip mission for me, is 20,000
对地球上的每个人来说是20000年
years for everyone on planet Earth.
这都带我们到了一个特定的限制 一个特定的可能的界限
This all leads us to a specific limitation, a specific boundary of what is possible, a
我们可以做什么的极限
limit to what we can do.
在这里…我收到了一位名叫Matt O’Dowd的太空旅行者的音频信息
Here…I actually got an audio message from another interstellar traveller named Matt
他来自PBS太空间宇宙飞船
O’Dowd from the ship PBS Space Time.
它在哪儿呢…哦对了 光锥
Where is it…ah yes, the Light Cone.
我们从“太空—时间”开始说起 这是一个太空时间的图表示意图
We start with space-time…well a representation of it – a space-time diagram.
我们只有两维空间而不是三维 因为我们用时间代替了
We have two dimensions of space instead of 3 .because we replace the vertical axis with
纵轴
time.
在图表的底部是宇宙的起源 时间滴答着向前
At the bottom of this chart is the beginning of the universe and time ticks forward moving
移动着
up.
一颗行星在离我们10000光年的地方形成
A planet forms 10,000ly away from us
它随着时间移动 成熟 进化
it moves through time aging and evolving
在某一刻一个外来文明
at some point an alien civilisation
.在行星上
on the planet
开始发送无线电波
start sending radio
电波以光速运行
waves moving at light speed
穿过宇宙
through the universe
陆地也形成了 在其中一个信号的10000年之旅中我们成了科技文明
earth also forms and during one of this signal’s ten thousand-year journey we become a technological civilisation
可以拦截当下
and intercept the now
或是古老的传送器 出于这点
ancient transmission.because of this
我们发送了一个星际飞船
we sent a starship
你们的飞船
Your ship.
它肩负着发现我们远邻的重任
on a mission to find our distant neighbors.
这是我们过去发射的光锥曾到达过的地方
And this is where our past light cone comes in.
这些光锥找到所有我们可以看到的过去的宇宙
These cone finds all that we can see of the past universe, limited by the speed
在光速的限制下
of light.
那个传送器很久之前就被发送了 但是那个时刻在我们过去的
The point which that transmission was sent was long ago, but that moment is within our past light
光锥里 然而
cone.however
这颗行星继续在时间里移动着 这个文明已经跑出了光锥
the planet continues to move through time this civilization has now gone outside the light cone.
但仍有希望 我们仍有未来……[传送结束]
But there’s hope; we also have a future ……[transmission breaks up]
这就是我收到的所有的Matt的信息
That was all of Matt’s message that I received.
他继续说的关于过去的光锥和未来的
But what he was going on to say was that there is the past light cone and the future light
光锥
cone.
当我孤身穿梭在未来光锥的斜线中所抱的希望便是找到这颗
As I fly along the diagonal of our future light cone the hope is to intercept this planet
曾发给我们讯息的星球
that sent us a message.
但仍存在障碍
But here’s the rub.
当我到达行星的时候 距离发送信息已经过去太多时间了
So much time has passed since that message was sent that by the time I reach this planet,
谁知道发送这封信息的人是否仍在那儿呢
who knows if the race that sent it is still there.
就这颗星球而言
Or for that matter the planet.
不管怎样 我之后必须掉头回家 但地球仍如过去那样在时间中运作着
Either way, I have to head back home after, but Earth continues to move through time as
~~
well.
正如它所做的我将朝向它移动 希望能拦截它
And as it does I’ll move back towards it, hopefully to intercept.
未来光锥呈现了我们曾希望能够
The future light cone represents the parts of the universe that we could ever hope to
旅行或者交流的宇宙的一部分
travel to or communicate with.
光锥的界限是交流的界限或者按照光速旅行
The boundary of the cone is the boundary for communication or travel at the speed of light.
我们无法与光锥外的事物交流互动
We can never interact with anything outside that cone.
要记住光锥内外的点都是事件 不是地方
It’s important to remember that points both inside and outside the cone are events, not
这很重要
places.
他们是时空的片段
They’re moments in both time and space.
你可以到达宇宙中的任何一个地方 如果你飞行的时间足够长的话(在忽视宇宙扩张的前提下)
You can get to any point in space if you travel for long enough (ignoring the expanding universe),
但太空中的某些片段是无法到达的 不管你飞得有多快
but there are MOMENTS in space that are unreachable, no matter how fast you travel.
当我到达目的地时 谁又知道那里会变成什么样
So by the time I reach my destination, who knows what will be there.
谁又知道发送那封讯息的文明是否仍然存在 既然它花了10000年
Who knows if the civilization that sent that message will remain since it took 10,000 years
让他们的信号到达我们 又花了10000年让我到达他们
for their signal to reach us and an additional 10,000 years for me to reach them.
我出去寻找我们以为已知的事物 当我们一直在寻找
I went out searching for what we thought was known, when we should always be searching
未知之事
for the unknown.
在完成我的任务之后 我飞回了家…家…一个从我的角度来看已经
And after I fulfill my mission, I fly back home…home…a place that I will not have
不知道28年来发生了什么的地方
known for 28 years from my perspective.
地球上20000年已然过去
On Earth, 20,000 years have passed.
想象一下20000年前的生活是怎样的 再对比一下现在 想想
Think about what life was like 20,000 years ago as compared to the present, think about
现在会是怎样呢
what life must be like now.
所有的事件 人们 片段都在瞬间中流逝
All the events, people, moments that have gone by in an instant.
我们思考当下 眺望未来
We think of the present and dream of the future.
不思忖今天所做之事对子孙的影响
Not really considering that what we do today could impact the next generations.
当你看到宇宙的广漠 你便会思考所有的可能性
When you look into this vastness, you think of all the possibilities.
你在想可能20年前 有某个人已经完成了这样的旅行所以我们
You wish that maybe 20 years earlier someone else would have done this journey so we’d
仅仅是小小地深入了一点
be even just the slightest bit further.
我们会小小地推进 更多地理解不可思议的事情
We would have pushed just a tiny bit more to understand the incomprehensible.
很好笑 不管在哪儿 我总是在想早先的那些开拓者 那些先驱
It’s funny, up here, out here, I think a lot about early explorers, early pioneers.
如果你在19世纪告诉某个人 他们仅用上5小时便可从美国的这边
If you had told someone in the 19th century that they’d be able to get from one side
到另一边 而不是6个月
of the United States to the other in 5 hours instead of 6 months they’d think you were
他们会想你一定是疯了 没人可以做到那样快
crazy, that no person could travel that quickly.
这是不可能做到的
That it couldn’t be done.
人们登上飞船 航行数月 从一个星球到另一个星球
People would get on ships and sail for months to get from one point on the planet to another.
不知道自己是否会成功
Not knowing if they’d make it.
不知道另一边会有什么在等待着他们
Not knowing what would be waiting for them on the other side.
不知道他们离开后这里会发生什么
Not knowing what would happen to those they left behind.
我们过去认为飞船的航行速度是我们的极限速度 直到我们提高原定的极限速度
We thought ships were our speed limit, until we pushed through that supposed limit and
打造出了更好的飞船
created something better.
极限,极限……就像我们在宇宙中对于一个消息可以传多快有一个速度极限
Huh, limits, limits…just like we have a speed limit in space to how fast a message
确实如此
can travel so did they.
他们留下了一些东西 并不知道是否成功完成 直到数月之后一封信
The ones they left not knowing if they had made it until months later when a letter,
在一次非常相似的旅行中 很有希望地找到回来的路
on a very similar journey, would hopefully make its way back.
我去往未知之地 却回到另一个陌生之境
I travelled to the unknown only to return to another unknown.
就像是推动整片海洋 开辟地球荒野的勘探者
Like the explorers who pushed across the seas and cut through the wilderness on Earth, discovering
他们发现了他们眼中的新大陆 我们也要为探寻宇宙做出牺牲
what to them were new lands, we too must make the sacrifice to explore the universe.
不知这片星海的另一边会是怎样 但是带着
Not knowing what will be on the other side of this ocean of stars but with the hope that
我们的旅行会增进我们的好奇心 深入我们的人性的希望
our journey will further our curiosity, further our humanity.
也许我们仍被光锥所限制 也许它是个极限 但我不会停下脚步
We might be confined by the light cone, it might be a limit, but it won’t stop me from
去尝试
trying.
最后 一如既往 感谢收看
And, as always, thanks
⊙▽⊙!
for watching.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

【OW】Summer

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOoFkwj91pk

相关推荐