ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

摆脱兴趣的限制,找到真正让你热爱的工作。 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

摆脱兴趣的限制,找到真正让你热爱的工作。

To find work you love, don't follow your passion | Benjamin Todd | TEDxYouth@Tallinn

世界大像
Worlds Imagined.
当我刚从大学毕业的时候
When I graduated from University,
我不知道我想从事什么行业
I didn’t know what career I wanna to choose.
我有很多兴趣
I had a lot of interests.
但我不知道应该将哪一个兴趣当作一份事业来做
But which interest should I pursue and try it into a job.
那段时间 我正好非常沉迷的一个兴趣是
So back then, I was really interested in
武术
martial arts.
这是当时的一张照片
Here’s me.
但我并不想让它变成我的职业
But I didn’t want to turn that into a career.
我的脸在这
Here’s my face.
[笑声]
[Laughing]
同时 我正在学习哲学 也非常感兴趣
I was really interested in and I was studying in philosophy.
但一个我最欣赏的哲学家说过一句话
But one of philosophers I most enjoy reading,
那是某一个深夜 我在宿舍里读到的
late at night, in my dorm room,
他说
recently said:
“哲学是一场空谈”
“Philosophy is a bunch of empty ideas.”
而且也没有工作是专门为哲学设立的
And it’s no job in philosophy anyway.
所以这个兴趣也不能当工作
So that was out.
小时候 我是个有点奇怪的小孩
Being a slightly weird kid,
我很喜欢投资和金融
I was really interested in investing and finance.
青春期的时候 我曾经试过拿出我的一部分小积蓄
And I had even taken a portion of the small savings I had,
把它们投到黄金里
and invested them into gold when I was a teenager.
现在 我知道如果从事融资职业的话
Now I knew that following the finance root
薪水是很可观的
would be a very well-paid career.
但是 我同时想到 如果我做了金融的工作
And… but I was wondering like
也许我并不能做出什么有影响力的事情也不能为社会做出些什么贡献
maybe I wouldn’t make as much difference as I could and that it wouldn’t help society.
于是 这份工作最终也不会为我带来多少自我实现感
So in the end it wouldn’t really be that fulfilling.
被这样一个疑惑困扰着 我放弃了这个想法
And. So I left with the question:
“我究竟应该怎样去选择到一个能令我感到满足的职业?”
“How could I choose a fulfilling career?”
这个问题你们中也一定很多人也问过自己
And maybe many of you’ve asked yourself the same question.
我反复思考了这个问题 然后我发现
And I thought about this question and I realized
我甚至不知道应该以什么为基准去选择职业
I didn’t even know how to go ABOUT choosing a career.
为了这个 我找了很多书 也咨询过职业介绍所
And I…you know, read books, I went to careers advisors.
但我始终找不到我所真正需要的信息
I just can’t really find the information that I really needed.
最终我会擅长什么?
What would I be good at in the end?
现在我应该学习什么技能?
What skills should I learn now?
有什么我能够发挥重要作用的地方是现今社会急需发展的?
Which area is our great social need where I can make a great difference.
这些找不到答案的问题让我 嗯……
These unanswered questions let me to, um…
推迟了我对自身事业的决定
kind of delay the decision by a few years.
我没有决定下自己的职业
Instead of actually settling on a career,
相反地 我成立了一个组织
I founded an organization dedicated to researching in the question
一个致力于调查人们应该选择什么职业的组织
of which career to choose.
这个组织 就是“八万小时”
And this organization is called “80,000 hours”.
这个数目正是我们在工作岗位上的工作时长
That’s the number of hours you have in your working life.
这个时间很长
That’s a long time.
长到我们有足够的理由 去为它做一些严谨的调查
So it’s worth really doing some serious research
并尝试去尽力做好它
and trying to work out how best is them.
在我们帮人们去做一些调查并将我们所有的发现公布于世
And we help you to do some of these research and we publish all of our findings.
这是我们的八万小时公益组织的网上免费职业选择向导的一个部分
It’s part of free online careers guide, 80,000 hours.org.
这是我们团队的一景
Here’s a some of the team today.
跟其他组织一样 被手提电脑和白色画板拥簇着
Surrounded by laptops and white boards as normal.
那么
So.
现在在这一刻 你可能会在想
You might at this point be thinking to yourself.
嗯……你看起来像连合法饮酒的年龄都没过
Well…you hardly look like you’re above the legal age to drink.
你凭什么来告诉我怎么去选择自己的职业呢?
What could you tell me about choosing a career?
不错
Well…it’s true that
我们的发现的一些很重要的事情之一的确就是
one of the main things we discovered is that
我们还需要更多地去学习
we have a lot to learn.
选择一个职业是一个很复杂的问题
Choosing a career is a complex problem.
也没有人研究出应该怎样才能解决好它
And not enough serious research has been done into how best to do it.
但我们花费了最近这三年
But we have spent the last three years,
和牛津大学的学者一起进行了很多研究
doing research with Academics the University of Oxford.
而这三年中最重要的 是我们已经指导了数以百计的人 如何去做真正正确的选择
Most importantly, we’ve coached hundreds of people in how to make real correct decisions.
从这些研究和想法中 我们得出一个结论
All these research and thinking has led us to the conclusion that
今时今日的职业指导的关注点 是完全错误的
career advice today, focuses on the wrong thing.
纵观历史 在绝大多时候 人们基本上是子承父业
Throughout most of the history, people basically did what their parents did.
在1980那个年代 人们觉得贪婪是正确的
Some people in the 1980s thought the greed is good,
并致力于挣钱
and they focused on making money.
但我们这一代 却伴随了一些不同的职业指导而长大
But our generation grow up with some different career advice.
而这个指导就是 我们要忠于自己的爱好
And that’s that you should follow your passion.
我们可以很容易地发现
You can see that use at this phrase
这句话的运用 从90年代中就突然兴起了
increase dramatically from the mid-90s.
但今天 我认为我们应该将眼光放在高于“忠于爱好”之上的地方
But today I think we need to move beyond “follow your passion”
而职业指导也应该如此
and as the career advice to focus on.
我们不应该把注意力放在我们兴趣的和激情的所在地方
And instead of asking what our own interests and passions are,
而应该把我们的注意力更多地
we should be focusing much more
放在 我们能为别人做些什么 怎样才能让世界更美好 上
on what we can do for other people and to make the world a better place.
好了 那么 我们返回去看看我的职业选择
Okay. So let’s go back to my decision.
“忠于爱好”这个建议在我身上会变成什么?
How would “follow your passion” apply to me?
我认为“忠于爱好”告诉我们的
I think what “follow your passion” tells you to do
有三件事情
is three things.
一是去找出我们最大的爱好
The first is to identify your greatest interests.
二 找出和这些爱好相关的职业
Second, find careers that match those interests.
三则是去做这些行业 无论它们会是什么
Thirdly, pursue those careers no matter what.
只要有勇气去追求自己的爱好 那么就能找到自我实现感强的职业
Finding a fulfilling career is just a matter of having the courage to pursue your passion.
来看看我的案例 我的爱好是武术和哲学 还记得吗?
In my case, I was interested in martial arts and philosophy, remember?
那么 我应该从事什么职业?
So, which career should I pick?
有人想到了吗?
Any ideas?
嗯……很明显 我应该选择的职业是
Em…I should, obviously, become
少林和尚
a Shaolin Monk.
这个佛教和武术的结合体
Buddhism and martial arts together.
好了 所以这个建议背后的理论究竟是什么呢?
Ok, so what’s the theory behind this advice?
你找到和爱好相合的职业
You get passion matched.
然后你非常喜欢你的工作 工作动力也很强
Then you really, you really enjoy your work, you’re really motivated,
于是你很有可能会成功
so you’re more likely to be successful.
如果你在你所热衷的事情上成功了
And if you’re successful doing something you’re passionate about,
那么这就是能为你提供成就感的职业
then you have a fulfilling career.
这样的说法听起来的确很像一个合理的建议 不是吗?
And spell out like that, this really does sound like pretty reasonable advice, right?
嗯……
Um…
我可以说你们常常秉承着这样的想法
I can get maybe you’re behind that.
但是 我们来稍微深入地研究一下这个说法
Um…but let’s just think about it in a big more depth,
事实上 假如你忠于自己的爱好的话
turns out if you follow your passion,
你很可能会失败
you’re probably going to fail.
为什么这么说呢?
Why do I say that?
我们来看一组数据
Let’s look at the data.
在一个调查里 五百个加拿大学生说
A survey, a five hundred Canadien students found that
他们最热衷的事情是冰上曲棍球和舞蹈
their greatest passions were ice-hockey and dance.
90%的学生的爱好与运动 美术 音乐之类的有关
90% of their passion is about sports, arts, music and some thing like that.
但是 我们来看看普查资料数据
But if we look at census data,
很明显 只有3%的人从事了个美术 运动 音乐相关的工作
we can see that only 3% of jobs are in arts, sports and music.
依此看来 即使有十分之一的人
So it just has to be the case that even if only one in ten,
从事了兴趣所在的工作
people followed their passion,
他们中的大部分人还是没能获得成功
still the majority would fail to be successful.
所以这个建议的第一步是行不通的
So this first step just doesn’t work.
同时 我认为这第二步也是不可靠的
I think the second step is also not reliable.
因为
In that…
即使你找到了和兴趣所在的职业
even if you match your passion with your work
而且你成功了
and you’re successful.
你依然很可能觉得那不是一份富有成就感的职业
You can still quite easily fail to have a fulfilling career.
这不是因为你找不到这份事业的意义
Not because you might not find the work meaningful,
就像 决定不从事金融相关的职业时的我的想法
This is a bit like me deciding not to going to finance and thought:
“没错 我对它很感兴趣 我也有可能会成功
“Well, I’m interested in it, maybe I can be successful.
但我并不能以此做出什么有影响的事情
But I wouldn’t make a difference.
所以我可能会在工作结束的时候感受不到什么满足感”
So maybe I would still end up that not being fulfilling.”
所以 我觉得这第二步也行不通
So I think the second step doesn’t work either.
现在你可能在想
Now at this point you’re probably, you might be thinking:
“好吧 没错
“Okay, sure.
兴趣并不是唯一重要的
Passion is the only thing that matters.
单纯地忠于我的爱好 并不能保证我会成功
If I follow my passion, it doesn’t guarantee that I’ll succeed.
但是
But…
至少它能让我更可能地成功和找到富有成就感的职业
maybe at least it makes me more likely to succeed and to have a fulfilling career.
作为一条职业建议 这是我们能做得最好的了”
As career advice, this is the best we can do.”
但是我觉得那也是错的
But I think that is wrong as well.
我们现在就来想象一下
Picture to yourself now.
那些我们知道的最为独断的人
The most, um…assertive person you know
他们热衷于推销 也很喜欢社交
who’s really passionate about selling and persuading and they’re really extroverted.
我们身边肯定有这样的人
Surely someone like that should go.
他们成为了像疯子一样的推销客户经理
And going become an advertising accounts manager like a madman.
或者是汽车推销员之类的职业
Or they should become a car sellsman or something like that.
那些需要去推销和跟很外向地去与人交流的行业
Something we should all go to selling and being extroverted and talking to people.
然而 这样的选择可能会是非常不好的选择
Or it turns out that would be a very bad decision.
现在 特曼研究中的很多资料发现
And now lots of the Terman study
一些很活跃的销售员 非常有说服力和厚脸皮的类型的人
show that really passional sells people, really persuasive sertive types
他们从事销售工作的时候
who went into those kind if sells jobs,
经常会因为不再热衷于这份工作而跳槽 而且事实上会更加早逝
actually ended up more likely to burn out and in fact, died younger
他们中的很多人比同行业的一般人更早逝
than normal people who take these jobs.
忠于自己的爱好实际上让他们更可能死亡
Following their passion actually made them more likely to die
这几十年来 更多普遍的调查者尝试着想表达的
And more generally researchers have tried to show for decades
是在 兴趣与职业相符合
that’s, that’s a strong relationship between interest match
和人们在结束工作的时候能获得多大的成功和快乐 之间的强有力的关系
and how successful and happy people end up in their work.
然而 直到现在他们都不能成功地表现出他们之间的关系
But so far they failed to show the strong connection between the two.
我认为这不是因为你的爱好不重要
I think this isn’t because your interests don’t, just don’t matter.
而是说 当问题上升到对于职业的选择的时候
But it just then when it comes to real career decisions,
我们的爱好并不是它的一个决定性要素
your interest is just not a decisive factor.
我们有什么技能 我们的心态如何 要比它重要得多
Other things matter much more like what your skills are and what your mindset is.
而且事实上 我们也的确过分重视了爱好的重要性
Indeed, we think on interests matter a lot more than they do.
一个很重要的原因是 我们忽视了它们改变得有多频繁
Because we really underestimate how much they change.
回想一下
Just think
五年 十年前我们自己的兴趣
uh…about your own interests five or ten years ago
和我们现在的兴趣的不同
and how different they are from today.
那个时候我们可能只有这么高
I mean back then you’re probably this tall
而你现在可能已经喜欢上不同的事物了
and you’re probably interested in completely different things.
五年 十年以后
Five or ten years time,
我们很可能还会再喜欢上别的完全不同的事物
you will be interested in totally different things again.
这就意味着
All this means that
我们现在的兴趣并不是职业选择中的一个很稳定的基础
your present interest is just not a solid basis on which to choose a career.
好了 那么既然我们选择职业的时候不看重兴趣
Okay, so we’re not gonna focus on interests.
那我们应该看重什么呢?
Um…what should we focus on?
如果我们不依仗我们的爱好来选择职业 那么我们应该依仗什么?
If you’re not just gonna follow your passion, what should you do instead?
如果我必须要将职业建议总结为一句标语的话
If had to sum up career advice as a single slogan,
我会这么写
here’s what I would choose:
“做值得做的”
“Do what’s valuable.”
我想表达的是
By this I mean:
专注于去让自己擅长去做一些
focus on getting good at something
真正能帮到别人的 能让世界更美好的事情
that genuinely helps others and makes the world a better place.
这才是自我实现感强的事业的诀窍
That’s the secret to a fulfilling career.
那么
Now.
很明显 做有价值的事情
Obviously doing what’s valuable
是肯定会有益于世界的
is gonna be better for the world.
你会想去做更多想那样有价值的事情
You’re gonna do more good like that.
但人们也从太平盛世里发现
But people of, also thought from millennia that
帮助别人能让自己获得自我实现感和快乐
helping others is the secret to being personally fulfilled and happy.
我想告诉大家几条名言
I just go a represent couple of quotes here.
第一条 是这样的
Just read out the first one.
一个人真正的财富
“A man’s true wealth
是他在这个世界上做了的好事
is the good he does in this world.”
现今我们的确拥有能证明这句话的硬数据
Today, we actually have hard data to back this up.
心理学教授 马丁 赛里门
Professor of psychology, Martin Seligman
在他2011年出版的书 繁荣 中
in his 2011 book, Flourish
计划概述近几十年来的实征性研究中
aimed to sum up, the last couple of decades of empirical research
那些生活中能真正引起
into what really causes people
人们的满足感和快乐的原因
to be satisfied and happy in their lives.
而其中 他认为两个关键要素
And two of the key ingredients he identifies,
那就是做有价值的事情
just ARE doing what’s valuable.
第一个要素是成就有的时候也叫精通
The first of these is Achievement. Or sometimes call mastery.
它的意思是 在某个事情上变得非常擅长
And this means getting really good at something.
非常努力地让自己擅长于一些事
Working hard and getting good at something.
第二个要素是意义 也叫目的
The second is Meaning. Also called purpose.
这意味着 在愉悦自己的境界之上地 努力将某些事情做得更好
And this means striving to do something greater than just make yourself happy.
也就是将世界变得更好
So it means making the world a better place.
将这两个要素合二为一 在一些事情上变得擅长 并且让世界变得更美好
Put the two together. Get good at something and makes the world a better place.
做有价值的事情
Do what’s valuable.
我认为
I think
做有价值的事情对个人而言也有很多别的益处
doing what’s valuable has lots of other personal benefits as well.
例如
For instance,
即使你
even if you work in a charity
在很有影响力的慈善团体里工作
that people who have the greatest impact.
负责着最有价值的事情 发现筹集资金是最简单的
Do the most valuable things. Find it easiest to raise funding.
因此去为他们买单付账
And therefore to pay their bills.
那也是很重要的工作
And that’s important, too.
而且 我在最近的经历里发现
And I have at least found in my own experience.
如果你专注于去帮助别人 那么很多人会希望你们成功
If you focus on helping others, then lots of people want you to succeed.
所以利他主义者 实际上会更容易成功
So it’s actually easier to be successful as an altruist.
恩……相比只是为自己而做而言
Um…compare to just being it for yourself.
因此 这就变成了
So it now turns out the
“忠于爱好”这个建议实际上让事情的进程后退了
actually the advice “follow your passion” just get things backwards.
不像从我们恰巧热衷的地方开始
Rather than start from what we happen to be passionate about now
然后期望成功和成就感满满的事业接踵而来
and then hope that success and a fulfilling career will follow.
相反 更正确的说法应该是
Instead, it’s much more true to say
我们应该专注于做有价值的事情
that we should focus on doing what’s valuable
然后兴趣和富有自我实现感的职业便会跟随而至
and then that will lead to passion and a fulfilling career.
这个说法已经被我的经历明确地证明了
I’ve definitely found this in my own experience.
假如在我十六岁的时候
If when I was sixteen,
你给我这样的一份职业测试:
you had given me this careers text.
“你愿意为人们提供职业指导吗?”
“Would you like to… give career guidance to people?”
我一定会选“不会”
I would have clicked the “Hate it” botton.
那时我很怕生 而且沉迷于科学
I was pretty shy and into science
况且 为别人提供职业向导这个想法一点也不吸引我
and the idea of giving career advice people was not appealing at all.
但现在 我将我所有的时间都花费在思索职业建议上
But now I spend all of my time thinking about career advice
而且被它深深地吸引着
and absolutely obsessed and fascinated by it.
专注于做有价值的事情
Focusing on doing what’s valuable
给了我坚实的有意义的目标
has giving me clear concrete meaningful goals.
也让我的生活变得更好
And that’s make my life a lot better.
再也没有永无休止的反映告诉我哪一个爱好能代表我真正的职业
It’s no more endless reflection on which of my interests represents my true calling,
虽然那种说法本来就是不正确的
which doesn’t exist anyway.
所以
So.
我们应该怎样实际地在自己的职业里做有价值的事情呢?
How can you actually do what valuable in your careers
我们应该按照什么样的步骤?
what practical steps should you follow?
这几个问题是我们在“八万小时”中花了最多时间想要弄清楚的
And this is what we spend most of our time trying to work out at 80,000 hours.
而我现在要非常简洁地总结出你能做到的三条
And I’m just gonna give you a super-quick summery of three things we’d say that you can do.
第一 去探索
The first of these is to Explore.
去发现在这个世界里你能做什么 在不同的事情里彻底地检验自己
Learn what you can about of the world and test yourself out in different things.
如果你想做有价值的事情的话
If you wanna do what’s valuable
就必须在这个世界里面去探索发现
you have to discover that out there in the world.
你不能靠弄清楚自己的爱好就能知道做什么事情才有价值
You can’t figure out just by thinking about your own interests.
第二
Secondly.
去追求一些技能 并且尝试去让自己掌握它们
Get some s…go after some skills and try and get good at them.
这些技能应该要是真正被需要的
These skills that are really in demand
而且能在很多不同的领域中运用
and can be used in many different areas.
我认为
I might…
在未来的几十年内 电脑编程就是这样的一项技能
pick computer programming as an example for the next decades.
这个地方就是你的激情的源泉
This bit is where your passion do coming
想想你的爱好的真正来源
thinking about your passions does coming.
因为你现在热衷的事情
Because what your passionate about now
能给你在未来你能真正擅长的事情的线索
can give you clues about what you can get really good at in the future.
所以这是值得去思考的
So that’s worth thinking about.
但他们不是唯一重要的事情
But they’re not the only thing that matters.
而当你掌握了这些技能的时候
And then when you get those skills,
去找到你能找到的那些最重大 最紧急的社会问题
go and find the biggest, most pressing social problem as you can
而且应用你的技能去解决它们
and apply your skills to solving them.
不要去选择那些不重要的问题
Don’t just pick a problem that isn’t important
而应该是尝试去找那些被人们有所偏见地忽视的问题
trying find one that’s been unfairlin… unfairly neglected by other people.
因为那些才是能够让你绽放光华的地方
‘Cause that’s where you have the greatest impact.
最后 不要误以为 为了做有价值的事情
And finally, don’t think that in order to do what’s valuable,
就必须要成为一个医生 并亲自前往非洲
you have to become a doctor and personally go to Africa
真正地用自己的双手来帮助别人
and help people with your own two hands.
重大的社会问题
Big social problems can be
很多时候 是被调查
and often are solved by research
被新发展的技术
by developing new technology,
被通过广告传播出去的大想法 所解决的
by spreading big ideas in the ads.
嗯……关键是去弄清楚你的技能能在什么地方运用并能取得大的成效
Um… the key is to work out where your skills can fit in to have an greatest impact.
我觉得 专注于做有价值的事情 这个想法
I think the idea that we should focus on doing what’s valuable
真的是依靠直觉而得的
is actually really intuitive one.
现在 我希望你想象一下你临终的时候
I want you now just imagine that you’re on your deathbed.
你正在回顾自己职业生涯的八万个小时
And you’re looking back your 80,000 hours career,
而不是你刚刚要开始选择职业
rather than just about to start it.
然后想象一下会发生在自己身上的两个场景
And picture to yourself two ways that could have gone.
第一个 你对自己说
In the first, you say to yourself:
“我在我做的领域非常擅长
“I was good at what I did.
也很享受工作的乐趣
I enjoyed what I did.
挣了很多钱
I made a lot of money.
现在我有两套房子和一部游艇
Now I have two houses and a yacht.
但是我做了这么多是为了什么?”
But what was it all for?”
第二个场景 你对自己说
In the second you say to yourself:
“我在慈善组织忙得脚不点地
“Absolutely worked my ass off at the charity.
而且很多时候所做的事情都很困难
And it often wasn’t easy.
但是通过我的努力 我成功在疟疾下保卫了一百个孩子的生命
But through my efforts I was able to prevent the death of 100 children due to malaria.
我做了这么多是为了什么?”
But what was it all for?
第一个场景我们习以为常
The first scenario happens all the time.
但第二个却几乎是难以想象的
But the second scenario is almost unimaginable.
当然 世界上有很多值得做的职业
Of course that was a worthwhile career.
“你永远不会后悔选择了利他主义”
“Altruism is one thing you’ll never regret.”
如果我们真的想从事业里获得满足感
If we really want to be fulfilled in our own careers.
我们必须要舍弃对自身爱好的极力关注
We have to stop focusing so much on our own interests.
转而去看看自己能为别人做些什么
And instead ask what we can do for other people.
想象一下一个所有人都为别人着想的世界
Imagine a world in which that was the thought go on everyone’s minds.
那么 去找你热爱的工作
So, to find a work you love,
不要仅仅依靠自己的爱好
don’t just follow your passion,
去做有价值的事情
rather do what’s valuable,
去探索
explore,
去掌握技能 去解决重大紧急的问题
build skills, solve big pressing problems.
这样的话
And from that
自我实现感和一份激情十足的职业会不期而至
fulfillment and a passionate career will emerge.
你的职业生涯里有八千个小时
You’ve got 80,000 hours in your career.
不要让他们白白流走
Don’t waste them.
做有价值的事情
Do what’s valuable.
[掌声]
[Applausing]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们曾经被建议说找工作要找与自己兴趣相关的,可是这样的定位得来的工作真的会给予你自我实现感吗?我们究竟要依靠什么来选择自己的职业呢?

听录译者

川涼

翻译译者

川涼

审核员

Y

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKlx1DLa9EA

相关推荐