未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

每天都像活在 1958 年的女人

This woman lives every day like it’s 1958

I’m Laci Fay, and I live every day like it’s 1958.
我叫Laci Fay 我每天的生活都像是在1958年
People’s reaction is…
人们的反应……
It’s almost always positive.
大家的反应几乎都总是正面的
This is who I am…
这就是我
This is what I like and I feel like…
这就是我喜欢的东西 而且我觉得
You should do what you like.
你应该做自己喜欢的事
You should do what makes you feel beautiful
你觉得怎样漂亮就应该怎样来
and dress however you want to dress
想怎么穿就怎么穿
that makes you feel the most like you.
选择你觉得最像自己的穿着
People will stop dead in their tracks,
人们会马上停下脚步
and they’ll just stop and their eyes
然后杵在那里 盯着她
are fixed on her as we’ll walk by.
我们就这样走过去
One place in town that kind of
镇上有个地方
brings in the 1950s vibe quite well is
还挺有1950年代的氛围感的
the local pharmacy, Bulloch Drug.
就是我们当地的一家药店 Bulloch Drug
And they have a soda fountain, they have a jukebox.
那里有冷饮部 也有自动点唱机
It makes a lot of fun.
点唱机是很好玩的
– Have a sundae? – Let’s do it.
– 来杯圣代? – 那就来一杯
As soon as I put on the first 1950s dress
当我穿上我第一件1950年代的裙子
with my hair and makeup done,
做好发型 化好妆的时候
that’s when I felt like I was finally me.
就觉得终于找到了自己
I found my authentic self,
找到了真正的自我
and I’ve never looked back since then.
从那以后 我就走上了“不归路”
I really honed in on the 1950s
我一心都在1950年代上的原因
because of my grandparents.
是我的祖父母
They got married in 1955,
他们是1955年结的婚
and their stories…
而他们的故事
It just made it sound like the best time ever.
让1950年代听起来成了最好的时代
Everything’s beautiful, colorful, happy, optimistic.
一切都美丽而鲜艳 幸福且乐观
We bought our home four years ago.
我们的房子是4年前购置的
And it was built in 1953.
它建于1953年
We tried to pack as much in as we can.
我们尽可能多地往房子里塞东西
While keeping it authentic,
保持其逼真感的同时
I don’t want it to look like it’s a fifties museum.
我并不想让家里看着像个50年代的博物馆
I want it to look like it’s an authentic 1950s home
我想要的视觉效果是 你走进来
that you’ve walked into.
就像走进了一个真实的1950年代的家
When people walk into our house for the first time,
人们第一次走进我们的家的时候
a smile comes on everybody’s face.
脸上都会浮现笑容
[sound of the blender]
[搅拌机的声音]
Our 1950s kitchen,
关于我们1950年代的厨房
I’ve tried to do as authentic as I could.
我也布置地尽可能逼真
And I think the appliances work better.
而且 我觉得这些家电的性能还更优秀
It was built to last forever,
这些家电就是按照永久使用来制造的
that you would keep that forever.
也就是说 你可以一直留着
And I think so, I mean
我是这么觉得的 我觉得
I’m afraid it’s been running for 70 years.
可能那些家电都已经运转了70年了吧
That’s fine. It’s not stopped yet.
没关系 反正都还没坏呢
The only room that’s not decorated fifties
唯一没按照50年代风格布置的房间
was my son’s room.
就是我儿子的房间
So we let him choose.
我们尊重他的选择
It feels so normal to me now
现在我觉得已经不足为奇了
that I wouldn’t really think of it as different anymore.
我觉得这种风格和其他的没什么两样
When we first moved into the house
当时我们才刚搬进这栋房子
and started getting more objects secondhand,
然后开始囤一些二手的东西
I always thought that was kind of weird.
我就总觉得有点奇怪
But it just got to be so normal.
但后来就感觉变得很寻常了
And now it’s like fun.
现在我觉得还挺有意思的
You go to the thrift store and find something
你到二手商店里去
that just makes our house perfect.
然后找些能让我们家更完美的东西
This front section is true vintage.
前面的这个柜区都是真正的复古衣服
One of my favorite ones,
这件是我的最爱之一
I just barely found a couple of months ago,
是我几个月前才找到的
and it’s actually like a early fifties, late forties.
它的年代实际上是在1945年到1955年的样子
Another one of my favorites, is this one,
另一件最爱 就是这件
and I love it because it was given to me by the original owner.
我喜欢它是因为这件是原主人赠送给我的
To me, the 1950s style is normal.
于我而言 1950年代的风格没什么特别的
I understand that to outside folks looking in,
我明白在圈外人看来
that it could be weird.
这种风格可能会奇怪
But I think everybody’s weird in their own way.
但我认为每个人都有各自奇怪的地方
Everybody’s nerdy about something,
每个人都会对某些事物有所偏执
and it might as well be something that you love.
这些事物也可能就是你热爱的

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

说起1950年代的美国,你会想到什么?在Laci Fay 的身上,你可以看到时光倒流的影子,她的打扮、住所与生活都像回到了那个黄金时代。

听录译者

iBRIT

翻译译者

亿珀

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFBCHQJBkB8

相关推荐