未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如果你今天不刷牙会怎样呢?

This Will Happen If You Stop Brushing Your Teeth Today || FUNNY ANIMATION

You’re about to go on a first date with a girl
你一直在Tinder上和一个女孩聊天
you have been chatting with on Tinder.
你们即将迎来第一次约会
and you feel like there is a lot of promise with this one.
你感觉自己很有可能和她在一起
You spent all day preparing,
你为此准备了一整天
showing, spraying yourself with cologne,
洗了澡 喷了古龙香水
combing your hair after dumping a little too much gel all over it
还梳了头 尽管你往头上倒了太多的发胶
– because, hey, you’re nervous!
因为 嘿 你太紧张了
Your mom helped you choose your outfit, a nice long-sleeved, collared shirt
妈妈帮你选好了衣服 一件长袖衬衫
and dress pants with dress shoes.
正装裤子以及正装皮鞋
She urged you to add a nice tie to your ensemble, but you retaliated,
她催促你戴上领带 但你回绝了
asserting that you didn’t want to look overly formal.
你说不想让自己看起来太正式
Finally, after much preparation, you feel somewhat confident and ready to go.
准备一番之后 你终于要带着自信出门了
Your mom grants you a kiss on the forehead
出门之前 妈妈亲了亲你的额头
before you leave and, instead of telling you, “good luck,”
这次她没有祝你好运
she says, “don’t come back until you bring me grandchildren!”
而是告诉你 除非让她抱上孙子 否则别回来
As if you weren’t under enough pressure already!
好像你的压力还不够大似的!
You offer to pick your date up like the gentleman that you are,
作为一个绅士 你主动提出去接那个女孩
but she insists on meeting in a public place – a reasonable request
不过她坚持要在公共场合见面
for any meetup with someone from the internet.
对于网恋奔现来说 这是个合理的要求
So, you go to meet her at a small Italian Bistro.
所以你和她约在一个意大利小酒馆见面
Once you have your table, you patiently wait
找好座位之后 你耐心地等她
and that’s when the anxiety escalates.
这时候你更加焦虑了
You think you remembered everything when getting ready for this moment,
你认为之前做准备时 没有遗漏任何细节
but you can’t help but suddenly feel like
但你突然感觉到
you forgot to do something very important.
你好像忘记了一件非常重要的事
Your tongue crosses over your teeth
当你的舌头碰到牙齿的时候
and that’s when you suddenly realize with horror that
你突然惊恐地意识到
you forgot to address basic oral hygiene.
你忘了保持口腔卫生
This is when panic sets in and you race to the men’s room
这时你非常慌张 急忙跑去男厕所
to see if you can do the next best thing:
试图力挽狂澜
rub water across your teeth using your finger over the sink.
你站在水槽边 用手指蘸着水刷牙
Unless some guy in the bathroom with you happens
除非厕所里有另一个人
to be carrying a portable bottle of mouth rinse on him to share with you
而他刚好随身带着一瓶漱口水可以借给你
– which is not likely – you’re pretty much out of luck.
但这是不可能的 你太不走运了
Thus, you return to your table and hope that your date won’t notice,
所以你只能回到座位上 祈祷女孩不会发现
but who are you, kidding?
但是 开什么玩笑?
You know you’re going to feel insecure about this all night,
你知道你整晚都会感到不安
which may spoil your evening with her
你会一直纠结没有刷牙这件事
as the nagging thought gnaws at you.
这会毁了你们俩的约会
She arrives, prettier face-to-face than her pictures on her profile.
她到了 本人比照片上好看
The two of you chat over dinner and connect really well.
你们边吃饭边聊天 还挺谈得来
Now, one of two events may occur.
现在有两种情况可能发生
Either you’re too ashamed of your unkept teeth to make a move,
你可能会因为没有刷牙而羞于靠近她
or you are having such a great time
或者你非常开心
that you forget about the whole thing and approach her anyway.
以至于你忘了自己没刷牙 于是你慢慢向她靠近
Either way probably won’t end too well.
不管怎样 结局都不太好
In the first scenario, you decide not to approach her at all,
如果是第一种情况 你决定和她保持距离
in which case she’ll either think you’re simply not interested in her
这会让她觉得你对她不感兴趣
or that there’s something wrong with you.
或者让她以为你有点不正常
Her mind may come up with different ideas about you,
她会对你妄加猜测
“Maybe he’s a virgin or maybe he is not actually into women.
以为你是处男或是同性恋
Maybe he’s better friend-material than romantic…”
她会认为你更适合做朋友而不是恋人
As a heterosexual male, this is the last outcome you want
作为一名直男 你最不想从心仪的姑娘那里
from the woman that you’re attracted to.
得到这样的结果
The pressure for men to be charming and perform adequately on a first date
为了在第一次约会时好好表现 展示自己的魅力
can be daunting and confusing as is,
男人们已经够压力山大了
let alone with the added strain of knowing you forgot to brush your pearly whites.
更别提你还忘了刷牙 这无异于雪上加霜
Still, there’s hope that maybe your date will be one of those girls
不过希望还是有的 说不定女孩会认为
who appreciates that you respect her enough not to
第一次约会时你和她保持距离是一种尊重
make a move on the first date.
她很欣赏这一点
All you can do is cross your fingers and hope this is the case.
所以你只能祈祷她正好是这样的女孩
In the second scenario, you are having such a good time
第二种情况 你非常开心
that you completely forget about your mouth situation.
以至于你完全忘记自己没刷牙这件事
Your bodily position instinctually moves in closer towards her,
你的身体本能地向她靠近
which would indicate interest.
表明你对她有兴趣
But she begins to get a whiff of your unpleasant breath
但她渐渐闻到了你的口气
and her body responds by stiffening.
然后整个人僵住了
She won’t say anything to you directly because she is polite,
出于礼貌 她不会把这件事直接告诉你
but you recognize the expression of disgust on her face
但你能看出她脸上嫌弃的表情
and immediately retreat to your former sitting position,
于是你马上坐回原位
biting your lip and covering your mouth in shame.
咬了咬嘴唇 羞愧地捂住嘴巴
Because the unpleasant truth, as many men can attest,
因为男人们都知道一个不争的事实
is that women notice and have the impeccable power
女性有一种绝妙的能力
to pick up on every detail.
她们能注意到每一个细节
So, if you forget something crucial
所以 如果你忘了某件重要的事
like brushing your teeth before a date,
比如约会前要刷牙
you can count on her knowing about it
那你就应该猜到她一定会发现
and reporting it back to her friends after your evening has ended.
第二天 她还会把这件事告诉她的朋友
What a disaster!
人间惨剧!
Now you face the dread of returning home to your mom
现在你有点不敢回家面对妈妈
and you get to hear the familiar lecture about
她会教训你 还是那句熟悉的话
how you’d better move out of her downstairs basement before you turn forty.
让你在40岁之前从她的地下室搬出去
So, aside from causing you bad luck in the dating department
所以 不刷牙除了会搞砸你的约会
and displeasing your mom,
惹妈妈不高兴之外
what else can occur when you don’t brush your teeth?
还有其他影响吗?
Also, what happens if you stop brushing your teeth for a long duration?
另外 假如你长期不刷牙会怎样呢?
Well, it probably goes without saying that you can kiss your social life goodbye.
不用说 你可以和你的社交生活“吻别”了
Your connections will be flushed down the toilet
你的人脉就像被冲进马桶
as more of your friends start to cancel their plans with you
朋友们因为不想闻到你嘴里那股恶心的味道
to avoid smelling the nasty odor vortex from within your mouth.
而纷纷取消与你的聚会
Some may not even realize
有人甚至自己都不知道
why it is suddenly unpleasant to be around you,
为什么和你相处会突然变得不愉快
but they no longer have an interest in being physically nearby.
但他们不愿意再靠近你了
“There’s just something off about him these days,” they may say.
他们可能告诉你 他们这些天有点不舒服
“I can’t quite put my finger on it…”
也说不出为什么会不舒服
But the nose knows.
但鼻子知道为什么
Typically, when you forget to brush your teeth once or twice,
一般来说 如果你有一两次忘记刷牙
the worst that may ensue is bad breath.
最坏的结果就是出现口臭
Sometimes, if you forget to brush in the morning,
如果某天早晨你忘了刷牙
you may have some of that morning goo on your teeth –
你的牙齿上可能会有黏黏的东西
you know what we’re talking about:
你懂我们在说什么
That slime sensation when you first wake up.
就是晨醒之后嘴里那种黏腻感
This morning slime is known as biofilm,
这种黏黏的东西叫做生物膜
which is a thin layer of bacteria that sticks to your gums and teeth.
就是粘在牙龈和牙齿上的一层薄薄的细菌
It is pale yellow in color and just plain gross.
它是淡黄色的 相当恶心
The goo is like a film, hence the name.
这种黏液像一层膜 所以叫生物膜
It happens to everyone.
每个人嘴里都有
And if you’re a mouth breather, you might also feel really dry with cracked lips,
如果你是用嘴呼吸的 你还会觉得嘴唇干裂
which is the worst kind of feeling.
这种感觉糟糕透了
Brushing your teeth helps to remove biofilm and freshen your mouth,
刷牙能去掉这层生物膜 让你口气清新
which is a great way to start the day.
愉快地开启这一天
Now, we understand that not everyone actually enjoys brushing their teeth.
不过我们要知道 不是所有人都喜欢刷牙
Many people may do it out of obligation so that they don’t have to hear a long,
许多人把刷牙当成一种义务 以便下次看牙医的时候
drawn-out lecture at their next visit to the dentist.
不用听他一个劲儿地唠叨
But when you stop brushing your teeth on a daily basis and you don’t shed the morning biofilm,
但是 如果你不再每天刷牙 没有去除那层生物膜
bacteria can build up to form dental plaque.
细菌会越来越多 然后形成牙菌斑
Plaque can lead to gum disease that is built from bad bacteria.
牙菌斑里的病菌会导致口腔疾病
This is especially true if you have a sweet tooth
如果你喜欢甜食(原谅我说了一句双关语)
– forgive the pun – and you eat a lot of sugar.
还吃了很多糖 就更是如此了
The leftover sugar thrives and transforms into tooth-decaying acid.
残留的糖分在嘴里转化为蛀牙酸
The longer you go without brushing your teeth,
你越久不刷牙
the more likely the biofilm or plaque
嘴里的生物膜或者牙菌斑
can turn into a thick tartar
就越有可能变成厚厚的牙垢
that only a dentist can remove with their specialized tools.
最后只能让牙医用专业工具除掉这层牙垢
People on Google commonly ask how long you can go without brushing your teeth
谷歌上常常有人问 大概多久不刷牙
before the accumulation of plaque becomes too thick.
会使牙菌斑变成厚厚的牙垢
We found the answer to be one week.
我们得到的答案是一个周
We should add that between 3 days and one week,
另外 如果累计3天到1周不刷牙
you may also develop gingivitis, a gum disease
你可能会患上一种叫牙龈炎的口腔疾病
that causes your gums to redden with touch and bleed more often.
你的牙龈将会一碰就红 还常常流血
So, what percentage of people actually skip brushing their teeth?
那么 究竟有多少人不刷牙呢?
“According to statistics from the Delta Dental Oral Health
美国牙科协会网站上
and Well-being Survey found on the American Dental Association’s website,
《德尔塔牙科口腔健康与幸福调查》的统计数据显示
more than 30 percent of Americans aren’t brushing enough
超过30%的美国人牙刷得不够
[- meaning length of time-],
[意思是刷牙的时长不够]
and 23 percent of adults have gone two or more days
同时 去年有23%的成人
without brushing their teeth in the previous year” (Quoted from Capetta, 2015).
曾连续两天甚至更久不刷牙(引自Capetta 2015)
This seems to be the case mostly for young males,
纽约大学牙科学院龋齿学
as explained by Dr. Wolff, a professor in the department of Cariology
以及综合护理系教授沃尔夫博士说
and Comprehensive Care at New York University College of Dentistry.
似乎不刷牙的都是青年男子
If you were to go longer than a week without brushing your teeth
如果你超过一个星期都没有刷牙
– let’s say a month – the bacteria begins breaking down your teeth.
假设是一个月 细菌就会开始破坏你的牙齿
Not only will your gums turn red,
你的牙龈会发红
but you’ll also see your teeth start to decay.
而且你的牙齿也会慢慢腐烂
Now we move into uncharted, disgusting territory.
现在我们来谈谈更可怕 更恶心的事
If you dare to go an entire year without brushing your teeth,
如果你有勇气一年都不刷牙
you will notice holes in your teeth from where
你会发现你的牙齿上有洞
the acidity of plaque has burned through your choppers.
因为牙菌斑有酸性 能够腐蚀你的牙齿
At this point your gums won’t be just red, they’ll be completely inflamed.
这时候 你的牙龈不但会发红 还会发炎
Okay, so what if you went five years?
那么 如果你五年都不刷牙会怎样呢?
Now this is a ridiculous stretch but while we’re on the topic,
听起来有些荒谬 不过既然我们在讨论刷牙
we may as well explore it.
不妨深入探讨一下
After 1,800 days without brushing,
你已经有1800天没刷牙了
you would have insanely severe gum inflammation.
你会患上相当严重的牙龈炎
At this point, you may also be in need of false teeth to
这时 需要用假牙替换你剩下的牙齿
replace the ones you have left – if any.
如果你的牙齿还没掉光的话
Obviously, we wouldn’t recommend going against your dentist’s advice
当然我们并不建议你这么做 还是听牙医的话
so do yourself a favor and just brush.
帮你自己一个忙 刷牙吧
Dr. Wolff from our source suggests
为我们提供相关信息的沃尔夫博士建议
brushing for two minutes at least once a day.
每天至少刷一次牙 每次两分钟
Many people don’t brush this long in one go
许多人刷牙的时间不到两分钟
unless they’re one of those OCD types who feel the need to touch every corner of their mouths.
除非是那些必须把嘴里每个角落都刷到的强迫症
We’re talking about people who are diligent,
我们说的是 那些勤快的人刷牙时
getting at every nook and cranny when they brush,
会把每个角落 每个缝隙都刷到
which is a good thing but not everyone has the time.
这是好事 但不是每个人都有这个时间
In the popular tv show, The Office, Michael Scott said
在热门电视剧《办公室》的《受伤》一集中
he brushed his teeth less than thirty seconds in the episode, “The Injury.”
Michael Scott说他刷牙的时间不超过30秒
To be specific, he actually said
实际上他说的是
30 seconds was 3 times as long as it took him to do it.
30秒是他刷牙所用时间的三倍
Needless to say,
不用我说
you probably don’t want to be a Michael Scott.
你大概不愿意像Michael Scott那样刷牙
Taking two minutes out of your day is definitely worth it,
每天花两分钟刷牙绝对是值得的
especially if you want to put your mind at ease
特别是如果你想下次和女孩约会时
for when you’re with a woman on your next date.
心情能够放松一些
After all, you can count on her
毕竟你也能猜到
wanting to see you with fresh breath and teeth.
她想见的是口气清新的你
Even if you have many other flaws you can’t account for,
即使你有其他无法改变的缺点
you can at least control the state of your mouth.
你至少可以让自己的口气清新一点啊

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们每个人都会刷牙,但你知道如果不刷牙会怎样吗,视频里有答案哦。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Spencer

审核员

审核员FF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVVZw23oRRI

相关推荐