未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

这个VR教育不一般,彻底改变小学生!

This virtual lab will revolutionize science class | Michael Bodekaer

今天 我要给大家展示
Today, I am going to show you
这台平板电脑和 我戴的这个虚拟现实头盔
how this tablet and this virtual-reality headset that I’m wearing
将如何彻底改革科学教育
are going to completely revolutionize science education.
我还会给大家展示
And I’m also going to show you
它如何让所有科学教师的 教学效率翻倍
how it can make any science teacher more than twice as effective.
但是在我向大家展示这些之前
But before I show you how all of this is possible,
我们先来简要谈一谈为什么 提高科学教育质量
let’s talk briefly about why improving the quality of science education
是如此的重要
is so vitally important.
你仔细想一想
If you think about it,
当今世界发展速度快得惊人
the world is growing incredibly fast.
但伴随着发展一系列的挑战也层出不穷
And with that growth comes a whole list of growing challenges,
这些挑战包括应对全球变暖
challenges such as dealing with global warming,
解决温饱和水资源短缺问题
solving starvation and water shortages
还要治疗疾病
and curing diseases,
这些只是几个例子
to name just a few.
那么 究竟谁能帮助我们 应对这些巨大的挑战呢?
And who, exactly, is going to help us solve all of these great challenges?
其实很大程度上 这些人会是年轻的学生们
Well, to a very last degree, it is these young students.
这些人是下一代年轻聪慧的科学家
This is the next generation of young, bright scientists.
在很多方面 我们都得靠他们
And in many ways, we all rely on them
提出崭新的、伟大的创新观点
for coming up with new, great innovations
来帮助我们解决人类面临的种种挑战
to help us solve all these challenges ahead of us.
就在几年之前
And so a couple of years back,
我和我的合伙人 教导着这种大学生
my cofounder and I were teaching university students just like these,
只是我们所教的这些学生 看上去更像是这样
only the students we were teaching looked a little bit more like this here.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
是的 这真的是目前的现状
And yes, this is really the reality out there
在世界上太多的大学都是如此:
in way too many universities around the world:
学生们很无聊 很散漫
students that are bored, disengaged
有时甚至不确定最初 为什么要去学习
and sometimes not even sure why they’re learning about a topic in the first place.
我们开始寻找 新的创新性教学方式
So we started looking around for new, innovative teaching methods,
但是得到的结果却很令人失望
but what we found was quite disappointing.
只见纸质书慢慢转变为电子书
We saw that books were being turned into e-books,
黑板渐渐被YouTube视频替代
blackboards were being turned into YouTube videos
讲堂里的讲座变成了慕课——
and lecture hall monologues were being turned into MOOCs —
大规模的网络公开课
massive online open courses.
如果你仔细想一想
And if you think about it,
我们所做的一切就是把 相同的内容
all we’re really doing here is taking the same content
还有相同的格式
and the same format,
传递给更多的学生——
and bringing it out to more students —
其实这挺好的 别误会我觉得这非常好
which is great, don’t get me wrong, that is really great —
但是教学方式或多或少都是相同的
but the teaching method is still more or less the same,
这一点没有真正的创新
no real innovation there.
所以我们开始探索新思路
So we started looking elsewhere.
我们发现 当与真正的飞行训练相结合时
What we found was that flight simulators had been proven over and over again
要有用得多
to be far more effective
飞行模拟器在训练飞行员方面一直以来都非常有效
when used in combination with real, in-flight training to train the pilots.
于是我们就思考:
And so we thought to ourselves:
何不将其应用到科学领域呢?
Why not just apply that to science?
为什么不建一台虚拟的实验室模拟器呢?
Why not build a virtual laboratory simulator?
我们就这么做了
Well, we did it.
我们开始创造
We basically set out to create
一个完全模拟 一对一 虚拟现实的实验室模拟器
a fully simulated, one-to-one, virtual reality laboratory simulator,
在这里学生们可以做实验
where the students could perform experiments
用数学公式
with mathematical equations
来模拟现实 实验室中会发生的事情
that would simulate what would happen in a real-world lab.
但是又不只是简单的模拟
But not just simple simulations —
我们也可以与麻省理工这样的顶尖大学合作
we would also create advanced simulations
创造更高级的模拟效果
with top universities like MIT,
把顶尖的癌症治疗成果分享给学生
to bring out cutting-edge cancer research to these students.
这样大学就可以一下子省下上百万美金
And suddenly, the universities could save millions of dollars
只需让学生们在进真正实验室之前
by letting the students perform virtual experiments
先做一遍虚拟的实验
before they go into the real laboratory.
不仅如此;现在他们同样可以搞懂
And not only that; now, they could also understand —
机器内部正在发生着什么
even on a molecular level inside the machine —
即使小至分子水平
what is happening to the machines.
他们也可以一下子
And then they could suddenly perform
就能在实验室里做更危险的实验了
dangerous experiments in the labs as well.
比如说这里
For instance also here,
我们可以教授一个重要内容:沙门氏菌
learning about salmonella bacteria, which is an important topic
目前很多学校基于安全考虑是不开设这门课程的
that many schools cannot teach for good safety reasons.
我们当然也可以给学生小测
And we, of course, quiz the students
然后给老师们一个完整的反馈
and then give the teachers a full dashboard,
这样他们可以清晰地了解学生们学得如何
so they fully understand where the students are at.
但是我们没有就此停止
But we didn’t stop there,
因为我们才看到让学生参与课程中
because we had seen just how important meaning is
是有多么重要的意义
for the students’ engagement in the class.
于是我们找来游戏设计师
So we brought in game designers
写一些有趣、有吸引力的故事
to create fun and engaging stories.
比如在这个例子中
For instance, here in this case,
学生们需要运用核心科学知识
where the students have to solve a mysterious CSI murder case
解决神秘的犯罪现场谋杀案
using their core science skills.
我们在发布这些之后 所得到的反馈
And the feedback we got when we launched all of this
简直是铺天盖地的好评
was quite overwhelmingly positive.
这里的300名学生
Here we have 300 students,
都无比投入地解决谋杀案件
all passionately solving CSI murder cases
与此同时还学习了核心科学技能
while learning core science skills.
我对此最爱的一点
And what I love the most about this
就是有时候学生们在玩过这些之后找到我
is really when the students come up to me sometimes afterwards,
很惊讶、很疑惑地看着我说:
all surprised and a little confused,
我刚刚在虚拟实验室里待了两个钟头
and say, “I just spent two hours in this virtual lab,
而且……我一直都没刷Facebook
and … and I didn’t check Facebook.”
(笑声)
(Laughter)
对于学生来说 它就是如此迷人、令人沉浸其中
That’s how engaging and immersive this really is for the students.
于是为了探究这是否有实效
And so, to investigate whether this really worked,
一个教育心理学家对160名学生做了研究——
a learning psychologist did a study with 160 students —
这些学生们来自斯坦福大学和丹麦技术大学
that was from Stanford University and Technical University of Denmark.
他们所做的是 把学生们分成两个小组
And what they did is split the students into two groups.
一个小组只使用虚拟的模拟实验室
One group would only use the virtual laboratory simulations,
另外一组只使用传统的教学方式
the other group would only use traditional teaching methods,
然后给他们相同的时间
and they had the same amount of time.
十分有趣的是
Then, interestingly,
他们在实验之前和之后 都对学生进行测试
they gave the students a test before and after the experiment,
这样他们就可以量化 教学过程对学生的影响
so they could clearly measure the learning impact of the students.
他们发现
And what they found
虚拟实验室方法相比传统教学方法
was a surprisingly high 76 percent increase in the learning effectiveness
教学有效性提高了惊人的76%!
when using virtual laboratories over traditional teaching methods.
但是更有趣的是
But even more interestingly,
这个研究的第二部分调查了
the second part of this study investigated
教师对教学过程的影响
what the teacher’s impact was on the learning.
他们发现
And what they found
当你把虚拟实验室方法
was that when you combined the virtual laboratories
与教师的教学辅导相结合
with teacher-led coaching and mentoring,
我们可以看到101%的教学有效性增长
then we saw a total 101 percent increase in the learning effectiveness,
这从效率上相当于 在相同的一段时间里
which effectively doubles the science teacher’s impact
把科学教师的影响翻了一番
with the same amount of time spent.
几个月前
So a couple of months back,
我们开始问自己——
we started asking ourselves —
我们有一个超棒的团队 有教育心理学家
we have a wonderful team now of learning psychologists
有教师和科学家 还有游戏设计师——
and teachers and scientists and game developers —
我们就在扪心自问:
and we started asking ourselves:
我们怎么才能信守承诺
How can we keep ourselves to our promise
不断地重构教育方式?
of constantly reimagining education?
而今天 能向大家展示我们的研究成果我感到非常兴奋
And today, I am really excited to be presenting what we came up with
这是我们花了很大的努力创造出来的
and have been working incredibly hard to create.
我简单介绍一下这个是什么
I will explain briefly what this is.
基本上 我只用我的手机——
Basically, I take my mobile phone —
大多数学生都有这种智能手机
most students already have these, smartphones —
然后把它接到这个 低成本的虚拟现实头盔上
and I plug it into this virtual-reality headset, a low-cost headset.
那么现在我完全可以做到的就是
And now what I can effectively do is,
我可以直接走进这个虚拟世界里
I can literally step into this virtual world.
我们等下会让一些观众来尝试
We’ll have some of you in the audience also get to try this,
因为这个东西你们必须得尝试过
because it is really something that you have to try
才能体会到沉浸式体验的强大
to fully feel how immersive it really is.
这感觉上就好像 我直接踏进了这个虚拟实验室!
It literally feels like I just stepped inside this virtual lab.
你们在屏幕上看到我了吗?
Do you see me up on the screen?
观众:看到了
Audience: Yes.
Michael Bodekaer: 好的!棒极了!
Michael Bodekaer: Great! Awesome.
那么 我刚刚把我的手机变成了
So basically, I have just turned my mobile phone
一个全模拟的 百万美元级的常青藤大学实验室
into a fully simulated, million-dollar Ivy League laboratory
里面满是我可以操作的神奇仪器
with all this amazing equipment that I can interact with.
比如说 我可以用移液管来做实验
I can, for instance, pick up the pipette and do experiments with it.
还有有电泳仪、 PCR仪······哦 看那边
I have my E-Ggel, my PCR and — oh, look there,
那是下一代基因测序仪
I have my next-generation sequencing machine,
这里还有一台电子显微镜
and there I even have my electron microscope.
我在想 谁会在裤子口袋里放一台电子显微镜呢?
I mean, who’s carrying around an electron microscope in their pocket?
这里有一台电脑
And here I have my machine,
我可以在电脑上做各种实验
I can do different experiments on the machine.
这里还有扇门
And over here I have the door,
我可以到其它的实验室
I can go into other experiments,
去做其它的实验
I can perform in the laboratories.
在这里我有一台学习电脑
And here, I have my learning tablet.
这是一台智能的平板电脑
This is an intelligent tablet
可以让我阅读相关的理论知识
that allows me to read about relevant theory.
你们可以看到 我可以与之互动
As you can see, I can interact with it.
我可以看视频 学习一些
I can watch videos and see content that is relevant
跟我正在做的实验 密切相关的东西
to the experiment that I’m performing right now.
然后来到这儿 这位是玛丽
Then over here, I have Marie.
她是我的老师 也是我在实验室的助手——
She is my teacher — my lab assistant —
她所做的就是引导我 使用整个实验室的仪器
and what she does is guides me through this whole laboratory.
很快地
And very soon,
老师们就真正可以传送到
the teachers will be able to literally teleport themselves
我所在的这个虚拟世界里
into this virtual world that I’m in right now
然后帮助我 引导我 完成整个实验
and help me, guide me, through this whole experiment.
现在 在我结束之前
And now before I finalize this,
我想给你们看一个更酷炫的东西
I want to show you an even cooler thing, I think —
在真实实验室里根本做不到的事
something you cannot even do in real laboratories.
这是一台PCR仪
This is a PCR machine.
我要开始做实验了
I’m now going to start this experiment.
我刚刚做的就是 把自己缩小了一百万倍
And what I just did is literally shrunk myself a million times
变成分子的大小——
into the size of a molecule —
感觉就像是这样 你们必须得试试!
and it really feels like it, you have to try this.
现在感觉像是我站在机器里
So now it feels like I’m standing inside the machine
我看到这里所有的DNA 还有分子
and I’m seeing all the DNA, and I see the molecules.
我看到聚合酶还有生化酶等等
I see the polymerase and the enzymes and so forth.
在这种情况下
And I can see how in this case,
我看到DNA是 如何被复制上百万次的
DNA is being replicated millions of times,
就像现在你的身体里正在进行的那样
just like it’s happening inside your body right now.
我真的可以感受、理解这些原理了
And I can really feel and understand how all of this works.
我希望这些能够给你们一点概念
Now, I hope that gives you a little bit of a sense
就是这种全新教学方式的可能性
of the possibilities in these new teaching methods.
此外我还想强调一下
And I want to also emphasize
刚刚你们看到的一切 也可以在iPad和笔记本电脑上实现
that everything you just saw also works on iPads and laptops
而完全不需要这个头盔
without the headsets.
我讲这个是有很重要原因的
I say that for a very important reason.
为了让我们真正地激发 启迪
In order for us to really empower and inspire
下一代科学家
the next generation of scientists,
我们迫切需要教师们推动
we really need teachers to drive the adoption
这些课堂新科技的推广
of new technologies in the classroom.
从很多角度来看
And so in many ways,
我相信科学的教育 下一个伟大 质的飞跃
I believe that the next big, quantum leap in science education
已不在于科技发展本身
lies no longer with the technology,
而在于教师们的作为
but rather with the teachers’ decision
将这些新科技推广及采用
to push forward and adopt these technologies
带到课堂上去
inside the classrooms.
我们的期望是让更多的大学、学校和老师
And so it is our hope that more universities and schools and teachers
都与科技公司合作
will collaborate with technology companies
来实现它全部的潜能
to realize this full potential.
讲到这里
And so,
最后 我想告诉大家一个
lastly, I’d like to leave you with a little story
特别鼓舞我的小故事
that really inspires me.
是关于杰克·安德拉卡的故事
And that is the story of Jack Andraka.
你们有些人可能知道他
Some of you might already know him.
杰克研究出了一种全新的、突破性的、 低成本的胰腺癌检测法
Jack invented a new, groundbreaking low-cost test for pancreatic cancer
那时他只有15岁
at the age 15.
当杰克分享自己做出这个伟大突破的经历时
And when Jack shares his story of how he did this huge breakthrough,
他也讲述了一件几乎阻止他
he also explains that one thing almost prevented him
取得这项突破的事
from making this breakthrough.
那就是他没办法进入真正的实验室里
And that was that he did not have access to real laboratories,
因为他经验非常不足
because he was too inexperienced
不被允许进入
to be allowed in.
那么想象一下 如果我们能把
Now, imagine if we could bring
常青藤名校 百万美元级的虚拟实验室
Ivy League, million-dollar virtual laboratories
带给像杰克一样的所有学生
out to all these students just like Jack,
在全世界范围推广
all over the world,
把你能想象到的 最新、最棒、最花哨的仪器都给他们
and give them the latest, greatest, most fancy machines you can imagine
那就真的会让这里的所有科学家
that would quite literally make any scientist in here
都兴奋得活蹦乱跳了
jump up and down out of pure excitement.
再想象一下 这样定会激励和启迪
And then imagine how that would empower and inspire
全新一代的年轻聪慧的科学家
a whole new generation of young and bright scientists,
准备好做出创新 改变世界
ready to innovate and change the world.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

虚拟科学实验室将给未来科学教育与研究带来革命性的颠覆,其意义与价值是非凡的。可以说这是未来学生们的护眼宝,科技宅的必备伴侣!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Ljimnn

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF5-aDJOr6U

相关推荐