ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

所有20岁的人必看 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

所有20岁的人必看

This Video Will Make You Cry! One of the Most Eye Opening Speeches

At 23.
23岁那年
I was responsible for taking her life
我欠下了别人 一条命
Never did I think
我从没想过
when I was in fifth,sixth,seventh,eighth grade that
在那样的年纪
at 23 I would be responsible for,for taking the life of somebody
才23岁 我会背上一条人命
It was a Friday night 2009, July 17.
那是一个周五的晚上 2009年7月17日
We decided to go to the bar.When I was 23 now,
我们约好上一家酒吧 当时我23岁
so I was allowed to go to the bar legally,even though I was not supposed to be there.
所以尽管不该去酒吧 但去也是合法的
Because three months prior to this I had just got a DUI.
可是由于三个月前酒驾
So I had no license and I was on probation.
我被吊销了驾驶证 还处在考察期
My buddies were all going to the bar
朋友们都要去
and they said”Nathan, are you driving?”
问我说:“Nathan 你开车吗?”
And I said,”Oh, no, absolutely not”
我说:“哦 不 当然不
“I don’t have a license,I’m on probation,I’m not even supposed to be doing it.”
我没有驾照 还在考察期 开车的资格都没有”
So I had drank and consumed
于是我大喝一场
a half of fifth whiskey and 13 shots of tetequila.
整整五分一的威士忌 和13杯龙舌兰酒
I was drunk.
我醉了
A girl named Priscilla Owens who had just moved from Alabama.
一个刚从阿拉巴马州搬来的女孩 叫Priscilla Owens
She had three weeks previous moved up to Indiana to Marion.
这女孩在阿拉巴马州长大
She was from there when she was a kid.
三周前刚搬到印第安纳州的马里恩
she was a little older than all of us.
她年纪稍大我们一点
Priscilla shows up and she was going to be my designated driver.
这天她过来当我的代驾
She was the one that was supposed to take me to start the fire.
她本应该带着我奔赴下一场派对狂欢的
She comes to get me.
她来接我的时候
My friend Mike says,”Nathan, you’re not driving right?”
我朋友Mike说:“ Nathan 你不会开车 对吧?”
I said,”Oh no, man, I’m drunk.”
我说 :“噢 不 伙计 我喝醉了
“I’m not driving, she is, she’s my designated driver.
我不开 她来 她是我的指定代驾”
We got this. We’re going out to TJ’s and we’re starting the fire
我们说定了接着去TJ狂嗨
“I’ll see you in a little bit” Cool,
说好“一会儿见”
we shook up and we’re out the door.
整理了一下 大家就出门了
But in the process of leaving that bar
但是离开酒吧去取车的时候
to getting to the car there’s one question
事情走偏了
that I’m never gonna have probably ever have answered.
至于为什么会那样
And I can’t quite put my finger on it.
永远也不会有答案
But somehow when I left that bar,
出酒吧后 鬼使神差地
Priscilla gave me her keys.
Priscilla把钥匙给了我
I remember these next few moments.
我还记得接下来的那几分钟
I remember the atmosphere. I remember what was being said.
记得当时的气氛 也记得当时所说的话
I remember everything every part of it.
每个细节都还历历在目
I remember the shorts that I had on.
当时我穿的是短裤
I remember more clearly than anything the next words I heard
接着我耳边响起了那句现在为止记得最深刻的话
out of Priscilla’s mouth.
是从Prisvilla口中喊出的
I remember so clearly every vowel, every consonant articulated so precisely.
一字一句都那么清楚
And it was so clear as crystal clear as day. Well,
清晰透彻 如同水晶
the next words I heard from Priscilla were simply this
那句话只有一个字
“Tree”
“树”
And I woke up in a hospital bed,
当我在医院病床上醒过来时
paramedics report, it said this
医护人员的报告上这样记录着
It said when they arrived on the scene
当他们到达事故现场时
that there was only one person in the vehicle, me.
车上只有我一个人
And that I hit the tree going anywhere
我以60-62英里的时速
from 60 to 62 miles an hour.
把大树撞的四处横飞
There was no brakes,I didn’t even try to stop.
没有刹车迹象 表明我根本没有努力过把车停下来
And when I hit that tree,
撞上树的瞬间
that case of beer bottles that was behind her
她身后的那箱啤酒
catapulted forward at impact,
飞到前面去了
and then a woman named Priscilla
接着这个叫Priscilla女人
who didn’t have her seat belt on
由于没有系安全带
catapulted forward at impact.
被猛的甩了出去
And that thing called the windshield in your car
车内那个叫做挡风玻璃的东西
and that case of beer bottles met with Priscilla in between.
以及那箱啤酒把Priscilla夹撞在中间
And she slid down to the floorboard,
她滑倒在车上
and her neck rested on the middle console.
而脖子瘫在中央控制台
So I stayed up all night that night.
我彻夜未眠
You know what the paper had read?
你们知道报纸上是怎么说的吗?
” Two lifeline in a serious accident
“重大事故中的两个伤员
taken apart to the hospital.”
被送往医院救助”
Nobody would tell me if she was alive,
我什么都不清楚
if she was dead, I had no idea
没人告诉我她到底是死是活
But I knew the paper said something that morning and
但是我知道那天的晨报上会有
if she was alive, if she passed away.
晨报上一定会报道
The paper would probably say something the next morning.
关于她死活的消息
The paper man shows up at like 4:00 a.m
凌晨4点送报纸的人来了
He comes driving by everything slows down like a movie.
他开车经过时一切就像电影一样被放慢了
He rolls the window and he
他摇下车窗
throws the paper and it hits Boom.
砰地把报纸扔到地上
I jump up, grab it,
我一跃而起 抓起报纸
I rip open the rubber band.,I roll it open.
扯掉皮筋 然后打开
And there’s the headline
标题就是
Crash Victim Dies,
一起车祸的伤员去世
at 23.
23岁的年纪
I was responsible for taking her life
我背上了一条人命
Never did I think
我从未想过
when I was in fifth,sixth,seventh, eighth grade that
在这样的年纪
at 23 I would be responsible for, for taking the life of somebody.
只有23岁 我会欠下别人的一条命
What happened though is
接下来
the family wanted me to contact them right after that,
她的家人要我马上联系他们
And I called and what do you say to that?
我打了过去 是你们会怎么说
You know, what do you say? I’m sorry?
对不起吗?
But I called and the family said,”Nathan, listen
我打过去 他们对我说:“听好 Nathan
Priscilla was sober, it was her vehicle,
Priscilla当时是清醒的 而且那是她的车
we can’t put all the blame on you”
我们不能把什么都怪在你头上”
which I didn’t agree with, I was solely to blame,
我接受不了这样的说法 责任就该在我
I was the driver.
是我开的车
I don’t care how drunk I was, It was my fault
是我刻意醉驾 是我的过错
But they said,”listen
但他们又说:“听着
There’s no reason for two families to be destroyed.
没有理由毁掉两个家庭
We want you to know that we
我们想让你知道 即使我们…
We love you, even though we don’t know you we forgive you even though we don’t know you
相互不了解 但我们爱惜你 给予你原谅
But do us a favor,
就算是为我们
just try to make the world a better place.
努力去让这个世界更美好一些
Try to- don’t let Priscilla die for nothing,
不要让Priscilla白死
just make a difference.
做出一些改变”
With what I do, my life speaks louder than words.
从此 我的生命通过身体力行实现了
Because when I begin to change my life,
因为一旦决定要改变
I’m gonna learn to make good choices,
我就要学着做出更好的选择
I’m gonna learn be responsible,
学着去承担责任
I’m gonna be dedicated,I’m gonna
去奉献
have good characters and morals and values,
去培养良好的品性 道德和价值观
I’m gonna open up when wrong,
承认错误
I’m gonna be truthful,
诚实不欺
I’m gonna stand up for what I know is right
秉持原则
and I won’t let anybody change me.
始终如一
And maybe that’s not where you’re at right now,
也许现在的你并不是这样
but you can get there
但你可以做到
and these are the attributes of success man.
你也可以拥有这些成功者的必备品质
if you want something in life,
若你的生命有所求
you gotta be willing to do what nobody else has done.
那你就要及他人所不能及
If you keep doing the same thing you’ve always done,
如果一直保持原状
it’s the, it’s the definition of insanity.
那简直是痴心妄想
If you want to change you’re gonna have to be willing to change.
先要愿意改变 才能得以改变
Good choices will always have good results.
好的选择才会有好的结果
and I was making a lot of bad choices
曾经的我只基于自己的考虑
and a lot of bad decisions,
不顾他人的意见
and I was basing my value, my worth off your opinions,
因此我做出了许多错误的选择和决定
and I’ve learned something, listen to me everybody in here.
大家听好 这些是亲身教训
I want you to understand something.
你们要明白
Your value is never based on any of the opinions
你们的价值观无关乎这房间里
of anybody in this room.
任何一个人
Who cares what anybody thinks or says about you.
不要在乎别人怎么评判你
They are not your merit system,
他们不是你的考量系统
they are not your system of worth.
不是你的价值基准
You are who you say you are by your actions.
你来定义你自己 用你的行为定义你自己
For the choice we make have consequences,good or bad
对于做过的选择 结果总有好有坏
And when I went to prison
当时我入了狱
At 23, listen, I came from a broken family,
年纪轻轻 身后是一个破碎的家庭
I had been labeled and marked and identified,
于是我被贴上标签
I had battled hurts and pains and wounds,
与伤害 痛苦和创伤作斗争
I had suicidal thoughts and I had battled self harming.
我有过自杀的念头 自残过
Drugs and alcohol consumed me,
毒品酒精耗尽了我
I had lost all dreams and goals.
我失去了所有梦想和目标
I felt like I had made too many mistakes to change,
我自觉犯下大错 无法回头了
I felt like what.. I had every reason to say,
我当时自暴自弃…… 还底气十足地认为
“You know what, life is too tough, and I quit.”
“你知道吗 生活太难了 我投降”
I live with these three principles and I promise you man
我向你们保证 秉持以下的三条准则
They will change everything about who you are.
你将会得到彻底的改变
Hard work works,make good choices good things happen and value people
努力奋进 明智选择 珍视他人
I decided ten years ago
这是我十年前立下的
literally when this all happened and I went to prison.
就在这一切发生并入狱后
I wanted to be..
当时我很想……
you know what I want to make this promise
我很想守住这些承诺
I want to keep it to this family.
对这个家庭守住它
I come from a lot of brokenness,
可经过这么多变故
I don’t know where to start.
我不知道从哪里开始
But what I do know is the importance
但我知道我所做的这些决定
of the choices that I make.
其中的重要性
And so literally I wrote the words”Change the world”,
于是我写下了“改变世界”四个字
and I slapped it on my little prison cell window.
将其贴在我的牢房的窗户上
And every single day I woke up and I realized..
醒来的每一天 我都意识到……
Make good choices, great things happen.
做正确的选择 会发生美好的事
aim small,miss small.
目标定得小 错过的也少
Make good choices, great things happen.
做正确的选择 会发生美好的事
You see every choice that I can make。listen,
你们看到了我能做出的任何选择 听好
I can’t control what you think about me,
我无法控制你们怎么想我
I can’t control your opinion of me,
我无法控制你们对我的看法
I can’t control what you say about me,
也不能控制你们对我的言语
But I control how I react,
但我能掌控自己
respond and what I do with my life.
决定自己的反应和决策
I’m in control of my life I don’t let external factors control me.
我主导我的生命 绝不能受外界影响
I’m in control of my life.
我的生命掌握在自己手里
Because sometimes life can be tough,
即使有时生活真的很难
Life can be challenging.
挑战重重
And sometimes the opticals in front
即使有时前方的光芒
of you seem like they’re too big,
太过刺眼
and it’s easier just to lay down.
似乎躺着很容易
But you know what I remember,
但我记得
I remember when my dad used to look at me
我记得小时候
when I was a kid,and said
父亲常看着我说:
“listen Nathan, life is never gonna give you anything,
“听着 Nathan 生活不会给你一切
but if you make it.
只有你自己去争取
if you build it nobody can take it from you.”
由你自己所得的 就没人能拿走”
Because hard work,tenacity,
因为努力 坚韧
refusing to quit and chasing your dream.
永不言弃和追逐梦想
You’ll get there I promise you.
这些保证你的成功
Maybe you don’t hit the stars but you’ll land on the moon.
即使没能触摸星星 你也能登陆月亮
You just don’t give up and you go after it and you stop caring
只要你永不言弃 逐梦不止
about the opinions of people around you.
不去理会周遭对你的观点
Stop blaming everybody for your hurts.
不要因为你所受的伤害而责备他人
Take ownership of your life. Take off your mask.
掌控你的人生 卸下你的面具
Don’t feed the bear, make good choices,be a best friend,
无所畏惧 做出好的选择 成为最好的陪伴
encourage somebody be a voice of hope and inspiration,
鼓舞他人 给予他们希望
this is your moment.
这是你的舞台
由Nathan Harmon演讲

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

车祸、身亡、牢狱……演讲者以自己惨亲身经历来告诫我们,只要你愿意,改变随时都不晚

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

幽谷

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyXyr0WLjxw

相关推荐