ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么上大学就是浪费时间 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么上大学就是浪费时间

This is Why Going to College is a Waste of Time ft. Matthew McConaughey

全世界没有哪一所学校
There is not a school on earth
大学或学院
Not a university or college that
能够哪怕勉强具备
exists that isn’t even remotely equipped
在我们如今生活的世界中正确地教育你的能力
To educate you properly in the world we live in today
我高中毕业于1988年
And me I graduated high school
于1993年获得大学学位
in 1988 got my college degree in 1993
大学学位在93年毫无附加意义
And that college degree in 93 did not mean as much.
它不是一张入场券
It was not a ticket.
不是一张折价券
It was not a voucher
也不是一张万能免费通行证
It was not a free pass go to anything
那么 我问个问题:你的大学学位有什么用
So I ask the question: what does your
你知道我们要求那些
college degree mean? You know we asked kids that
16到18岁的孩子
are 16 to 18 years old to make
上大学的时候自愿支付10万美元学费
$ 100,000 debt decisions when they go
而他们还没做好准备
off to university and they are not prepared for that
他们并不知道自己即将面对的是什么
They don’t know what they
他们只是觉得理所当然
‘re getting themselves into they just assume okay
我可以付学费
I’m gon na pay
为这几年的教育 每学期支付2万5 而当我们不知怎的过完这个学期之后
for years of education to 25,000 a pop and when I come out the other side somehow
我就要马上接着付学费
I’ll be able to pay it back
这不是生活该有的样子
right that’s not how life works anymore
平均每个孩子在书籍上花费1200美元 1200美元
Average kid spends $ 1,200 in books $ 1,200
花在书籍上 一些教科书二百美元一本
in books some textbooks are $ 200 a book
我曾拿着最贵的二百美元一本的书
I got I went and got a holder
去联系我的出版商
the most expensive book $ 200 contacting my publisher
我说生产这样一本书 如果我想复印5千本
I said how much would a book like this cost
成本是多少?
if I wanted to make 5,000 of this copy of this book?
他们查看了那本书 然后回来说
They looked at it. They came back they said
一本6美元 我来理清一下
$ 6 a book I said let me get this straight,
学校的这本书
so this school gets the book
它花费六美元制作 但他们却
It cost some $ 6 to make it and they
希望我们的孩子和父母为此支付二百美元
expect our kids and parents to pay $ 200 for this.
这比制作成本的三十三倍还多
That’s 33 times more on what it costs to make money
一个人甚至不需要大学学位
There’s no need even to have a college degree
甚至高中学历 不是吗? 但是
At all or even high school isn’t it? But
我的意思是
I mean
如果某个人也许确实从一所不错的大学毕业
If somebody graduated from a great university that
也许这说明
maybe in indeed that may be an indication
他们在一些事情上很有能力
that they will be capable of great things
但这不是必须的
but it’s not necessarily the
如果你观察
case you know if you look at
像比尔·盖茨或者拉瑞·艾里斯 史蒂芬·乔布斯这样的人
Say people like Bill Gates or Larry Ellison Steve Jobs
这些人没有从大学毕业
These guys didn’t graduate from college.
不是必须花费三万或者
It isn’t necessary to pay thirty or
三万五千一年去一些
thirty-five thousand dollars a year to go to some
所谓的名校去接受教育 我的意思是
Big-name school to get the education at all I mean
如果你要学会计
if you’re gon na learn the counting if you’re gon na
经商就是你最重要的课程
Which is probably the most important course you take in business
只要你能记账 就一定能学会会计
if you’ve learnt to account, you can learn accounting
这就是我的观点
Absolutely as well and my view going to you.
没必要非得去
I’m always going to
哈佛 我的意思 我说是的
Harvard I mean I say yeah,
我很确定
I would I bet on that
你的大学学位意味着什么 意味着你受过教育
What does your college degree mean It means you got an education
意味着你在某些特定职业上掌握了更多的知识
Means you have more knowledge in a specific subject vocation.
它意味着你在你的学位上
It means you may have more expertise
可能有更多的专业知识
in what your degree is in
但是它在如今的工作市场上有什么价值呢?
But what’s it worth in the job market out there today?
我们知道市场
We know the market
对于大学毕业生来说 比以往更具竞争性
for college graduates is more competitive now than ever
现在你们中的一些人已经有了工作意向
Now some of you already have a job lined up.
你们已经获得了一条路
You’ve got a path.
今天的工作将会成为明天的职业
Where today’s job is going to become tomorrow’s career
但是对你们中的大多数将来可能依然十分模糊
But for most of you the future is probably still pretty fuzzy
你没有那份工作
You don’t have that job
直接反映出你的学位水平
that directly reflects the degree you just got
你们中的很多人甚至不再拥有一份工作
Many of you don’t even have a job
想想你仅仅完成你的学业生涯
at all Think of that you’ve just completed your scholastic
生活中的教育课程
educational curriculum in life the one that you started when
从你五岁上幼儿园开始直到现在
you were 5 years old in kindergarten up until now and your future
比起五年之前 你们的未来
May not be any more clear
也许并没有更清晰
than it was five years ago
你找不到答案 未来也可能让人惊慌
You don’t have the answers and it’s probably pretty damn scary
我说这也没什么大不了 因为
And I say that’s okay because
生活就是这样的
That is how it hits.
这就是你们正在面对的现实
This is the reality that many of you are facing
这就是我们生活的世界
This is the world that we live in.
我是一个非常快乐的孩子
I was a very Happy kid
但是我讨厌学校
But I hated school
就像在一个不同的星球 并且这个世界告诉我
like on a different planet was getting Ds and Fs and the world was telling me
我是一个失败者
I was a loser my my
我的老师说我是一个失败者
teachers were telling me a loser
我朋友的父母没有
My friend’s parents weren’t
当面和我说 我是一个失败者
saying to my face that I was a loser
但是我能看到
But I could see
在他们的眼里他们认为我不会成功因为
in their eye that they didn’t think I’d be successful cuz the game
我玩的游戏是今天的游戏 在80年代和90年代初
I played on like today’s game in the 80s early 90s
学校是条通往成功的路
Was school was the way
上哈佛才是了不起的成就 而刷脸书或者照片分享不是
out going to Harvard was the great accomplishment not building Facebook or Instagram
或者成为一个成功的企业家是一种不同的风景
Or being a successful entrepreneur was a different landscape
你知道这条路
And so you know the WHY
是每个人都要坚持的
was to stick it to everybody
像我经常坐在这里
Like I used to sit there
作为一个 13 14 15岁的孩子看着我的班级我的老师
as a 13 14 15 16 year old and look at my class and at my teachers
就像 我要向你们展示我自己
I’m like I’m gon na show you I
向你们所有人展示我自己 你认为我糟糕
‘m gon na show all of you you think I suck
但我会成为地球上最了不起的人
I’m gonna be the biggest best person on Earth.
学习成绩为A的学生为学习成绩为B的学生工作
A students work for the B students
学习成绩为C的学生运作商业 学习成绩为D的学生致力于建筑行业
The C students run the businesses and D students dedicate the buildings,
我真诚地相信在市场中
I genuinely believe in marketing
那里没有学校教你什么是正确的
There’s not a school right now teaching anything that’s right.
市场是不会教你的 但你们中有多少人在市场里学习
They’re just not how many of you are in marketing classes
它现在看起来怎么样
What does it look like right?
像我一样
So like me.
学校让你失败 还是你让学校失败
Did school fail you, or you failed school?
学校让我失败 学校每一天都让企业家失败
School failed me; school’s failing entrepreneurs every single day
因为它不是为了企业家建造的 它是为了工人建造
Because it’s not built for entrepreneurship. It’s built for workers
学校只会教你在规则内活动
you know if you’re being taught to play within the lines,
而不会教你怎么成为市场上的企业家
and there’s nothing being taught that maps to the
我们不是说所有的人不应该读大学
Entrepreneurial market. We’re not saying that nobody should go to college.
我们不是绝对的说大学就是坏的事情
We’re not saying that college is categorically a bad thing
我们不是说所有的人将退学
We’re not saying everybody should drop out.
我们只是简单的说太多的人将要去大学
We’re simply saying that too many people are going to college
就像太多的人
Just like too many people are
正在购买房子 太多的技术公司
buying housing and too many tech companies
90年代后期有太多的技术公司
We’re going public
不是意味着将不会有技术公司或者房子
in the late 90s doesn’t mean there should be no tech companies or no houses
它不是意味着我们将要关闭
It doesn’t mean we should shut down
所有的大学 但是我们需要
all the colleges, but we need to
让去不去读大学成为更仔细更深思熟虑的选择
make this a much more careful deliberate choice
今天的讨论和争论
and what we are hoping to start
我们希望能激励你们所有人
with this discussion and debate today is a
去为你们的未来做更多考量
Discussion that would encourage all of you to think more about your future.
不要认为学校教育和自动入场券一样
Do not think of education as something
能通往未来
That’s an automatic ticket to
你需要自己去思考未来要怎么走
the future you need to think about it yourself

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

学位意味着什么

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Catherine

审核员

审核员 LD

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFhNhFH_rIY

相关推荐