未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

告诉你“人生何其短”

This is how short life really is

Our society has taken to worshiping tech giants,
我们的社会已经开始崇拜那些
and the people who have created some of the
在近二十年里
greatest innovations of the last 20 years.
创造了巨大变革的科技巨人
People like Elon Musk,
例如埃隆•马斯克
Steve Jobs, and Jeff Bezos are all revered as incredible people
史蒂夫•乔布斯和杰夫•贝佐斯都是令人尊敬的人物
who seem to accomplish more in a day
他们似乎能在一天里
than most people do in their entire lifetimes.
达到大部分人一生都不能达到的成就
The amount of projects these people take on seems insurmountable,
这些人取得的事业似乎是不可超越的
but in reality, how much can even these brilliant minds accomplish?
但实际上 就算是这些聪明的头脑又有多少时间来实现(这些成就)呢
The truth is, the average life expectancy in the United States is 79 years,
真相是 美国的平均寿命是79年
but the universe has been around for 13.8 billion years.
但宇宙已经存在138亿年了
Our lives are nothing but a blip, then, right?
(相比之下) 我们的生命只是一瞬 不是吗
Even if that’s the case, it’s easy to find a moment
即便如此 还是可以抽空
here and there to sit in a meadow,
在草地上随便坐坐
enjoy the flowers, and feel like your life has infinite time.
享受花朵 就像你的生命是无限的似的
79 years, after all, is quite a lot.
毕竟 79年还是很长的
But—let’s be honest.
但是——说实话
You don’t really get 79 years of free time, do you?
你并没有真的拥有79年的自由时间 不是吗?
We’ve all heard the age-old saying that it takes 10,000 hours
我们都知道老话说的好 要成为某个领域的巨人
to become a master at something.
就要花费一万个小时
Well,if you have 79 years, that should be pretty easy.
如果你能活到79岁 这应该相当容易
But if you sleep about 8 hours a day,
但如果你一天睡8个小时
you will only be left with about 53 years.
你就只有53年的时间
Okay,53 years is still a lot of time
不过53年也很长
—but those years get chopped and banished into oblivion very quickly.
但那些岁月被分成片段并很快被忘掉
You ’ ll probably attend school, and then higher education,
你也许要上学 受高等教育
which kicks another few years off your life.
这样你生命中的时间又减少了
What about your chores.
你要做的杂活
Not the things your Mom asked you to do when you were a kid,
不是那些你小时候你妈妈叫你做的事情
although those take away from your time on Earth, too.
尽管它们也会消耗你的时间
We ’ re talking about all the time you ’ ll spend cooking, cleaning,
我们说的是你在煮饭 清理
taking care of your kids,
照顾孩子
and making sure bills are paid.
以及在确定是否付了账单上所花的时间
These tasks may seem innocuous,
这些任务似乎无伤大雅
but you ’ re going to end up spending 8 years of your life
但你会花上8年的时间
doing this stuff.
做这些事情
Then there’s your phone—and TV, and the internet.
然后就是你的手机 电视和网络
Which will probably take up most of your free time
它们可能会占据
after you ’ re finished with your job.
你工作后的大部分时间
Roughly amounting to 15 years if you ’ re using your phone,
你花费在手机上的时间大约有15年
or if you ’ re not that modern,
要么你就没那么时髦
7 years worth of watching TV.
看电视会用上7年
Oh—and then you have to factor in your job.
哦—你还要在工作上花费时间
Your civic duty, your source of income,
你的公民义务 你的收入来源
and the place where you ’ ll likely spend about
以及其它地方可能要花
100,000 hours of life.
大约10万小时
You better find something that makes you happy,
你最好找一些让你开心的事
or at least you don ’ t hate..
或者至少你不讨厌的事
But the grass is greener on the other side, right?
但是得不到的总是最好的 不是吗?
Once you retire, you’re free.
一旦你退休了 你就空闲了
Not exactly.
并非如此
Let’s say you, like most average Americans, retire at 65.
假设你像大多数美国人一样在65岁退休
Much of the time
65到79岁的大部分时间
between 65 and 79 may be spent trying to quell symptoms of debilitating conditions—if not disease.
你可能要用来试着减轻身体衰弱的症状 —除非不生病
It ’ s not the happiest time on earth,
这终究不是生命中最快乐的时光
and it ’ s called “ old-age ” for a reason.
它因此被称为“老年”
So where are we?
所以 我们还有多长时间?
Well,if you minus all the time calculated for all the activities above
嗯 如果减去以上所有活动花费的时间
—you ’ re left with negative time on the Earth; negative-three years to be exact.
——最终你只剩负的时间了 准确点说 负三年
How is that possible?
这怎么可能呢?
Is your life really taken away from you before it begins?
你的生命真的在它开始前就在减少吗?
It ’ s easy to view it that way,
以这种方式观察很容易
but there ’ s a more positive way to look at everything we’ve discussed.
但是有更积极的方式来看待我们讨论过的事物
Remember,you have freedom of choice in life.
记住 在生命中你拥有自由选择权
You don ’ t have to spend 15 years of your life on your phone,
你不一定要花15年在你的手机上
or 7 years of your life watching TV.
或者7年时间在看电视上
Part of the magic of spending all that time taking care of yourself for 8 years
你可以从花费在它们上的这些年里 抽出8年来照顾自己的身体
of your life is that your “ old-age ” might
当你到“老年”的时候
end up being a time where you can feel young again.
你可能会在某个时刻再次感到年轻
If you mindlessly scroll on your phone through useless articles,
如果你漫无目的地用手机浏览无用的文章
that’s 15 years of your life gone.
那你生命里的15年就会被浪费掉
If you hate your job and you can ’ t wait for it to end,
如果你讨厌你的工作 并且不能忍受到退休
then that’s going to cost you 12 years of your life.
你生命里的12年将被浪费
The idea is not about how much time we spend
这个想法并不是说我们花了多长时间
but instead to be mindful about how we spend it.
而是要留意我们是怎样用掉它的
Embrace the brevity of life for what it is, and savor every moment.
拥抱短暂的生命并享受每一刻
Those prolific tech giants like Elon, Jobs and Bezos—
那些富有成就的科技巨头 例如埃隆 乔布斯以及贝索斯
Do you think they are spending 15 years of their time mindlessly scrolling on their phones?
你认为他们花了15年愚蠢的玩手机吗?
We consider them masters of what they do.
我们根据他们的所为把他们当做大师
Now let’s get back to the 10,000 hour rule.
现在 我们回到1万小时规则
If you spent that 15 years on your phone,
如果你在手机上花费15年
let’s say learning about your passions and doing the things you love,
了解你的热情 做你喜爱的事情
you could master over a dozen art forms, professions or skills.
你可以在艺术领域 职场 或技能上成为大师
Just think about how effective you can become
想想你会变得多么有效率
if you only start to spend your time carefully.
如果你开始小心地使用你的时间
If you want to view your time on Earth, remember,
如果你想要在生命中审视自己
the most important thing to do is view it positively.
记得 最重要的事情是 积极地去观察
Life on earth has been around for 3.8 billion years,
地球上的生命已经存在了38亿年
but the most current moment is yours.
但当下是属于你的
Now,take yourself back to that open field filled
想象一下自己回到
with flowers and the sun high above your head.
布满鲜花 太阳高高悬挂在你头顶的户外
Each of those flowers represents another day of your life filled with opportunities.
每一朵花代表着你生命中充满机会的一天
Seem huge? Great. Spend it wisely.
看上去有很多? 太棒了 要明智地利用你的时间

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

人生很长,仔细一想又很短

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Stacey

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGW10FKdPI

相关推荐