未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

一个顶级残疾体操运动员的传奇人生

This Gymnast Is Literally Allergic to Everything, Even Exercise

– [Announcer] Natasha Coates (spectators clapping)
[广播员]娜塔莎 科茨 [掌声]
(upbeat music)
[欢快的音乐]
– Doing gymnastics with a chronic illness
带着慢性病去练体操
can be really difficult.
真的很难
My body causes me to have
我患有
life threatening allergic reactions
危及生命的过敏症状
so seemingly nothing.
即使是那些无关痛痒的东西
So sweating or crying could be a trigger.
出汗和哭泣都可能是诱因
(upbeat music)
[激昂的音乐]
I’ve nearly died from laughing too much with my friends.
和朋友一起开怀大笑引发的过敏差点让我丧生
But I love being able to fly through the air
不过我很享受在空中飞行
and flip and twist and spin.
以及闪转腾挪
It’s just something that feels really free to me.
练体操对我来说简直是放飞自我
(upbeat music)
[鼓动人心的音乐]
(spectators clapping)
伟大的故事 [潮水般的掌声]

(upbeat music)
[欢快的音乐]
– My name’s Natasha Coates
我叫娜塔莎•科茨
and I’m an elite disability gymnast.
是一名顶级残疾体操选手
(upbeat music)
[欢快的音乐]
I was number one in the UK for four years running.
我曾连续四年登顶英国第一
I have won 22 British titles
赢得22个英国荣誉头衔
and 38 British medals.
以及38块英国奖牌
I started gymnastics when I was eight years old
我八岁时就在当地俱乐部
at my local recreational club.
练习体操
And I’ve been doing gymnastics ever since.
一直练到现在
(upbeat music)
[欢快旋律]
My condition didn’t become severe till I was 18.
到18岁时我的病情就开始恶化
One day I went in anaphylactic shock.
有一天我直接过敏性休克
It was completely out of the blue,
这非常突然
nobody knew what caused that.
没人知道这是怎么引起的
Mast cell activation syndrome is a rare condition
肥大细胞活化综合征会罕见的
that affects your immune system.
影响你的免疫系统
So when you get stung by, and that’s all you get—
就像你被蜜蜂叮咬时的那种情况
a raised itchy bump,
你会长出痒痒的肿块
that’s from histamine,
这源自组胺
which is released from the muscle.
它由肌肉释放
My body does that when there’s no trigger,
我的身体即使没有被咬也会这样
I can be sat in my room doing nothing, nothing’s changed.
比如我坐在房间里什么也不做 无事发生
And the cells just sweat and release all those chemicals,
细胞就会分泌那些化学物质
which send me in anaphylactic shock.
让我过敏
So just as somebody who had an allergy,
就像有人过敏
if they eat peanuts,
如果他们吃了花生
their throat would swell,
他们的喉咙会肿大
their tongue would swell,
包括舌头
they’ll struggle to breathe
然后呼吸困难
because you airway is shortening
因为你的呼吸道缩短了
and you feel like you just gonna suffocate to death.
然后你感觉快窒息而亡
And that is a real possibility with this condition.
这种情况是真实可能的
They’re some that are caused by triggers.
这都是拜过敏所赐
So I know things such as getting too hot or too cold
当你处于很热或很冷的环境
and cause a reaction.
可能会引起过敏反应
Certain foods can be an issue,
某些食物也会引起问题
strong smells,
刺激性气味
strong emotions can be a trigger.
以及突变的情绪都是诱因
I’m literally allergic to everything.
毫不夸张地说我对一切过敏
(mumbles)
[自言自语]
– Seeing me fitting.
看我合适的
Training time.
训练时间
When I became unwell,
当我不再健康
I still wanted to carry on.
我仍然想继续努力
I just wanted to adapt to it.
我只是想快点适应现状
There can be a lot of contradicting points
在肥大细胞活化综合征与体操之间
between having mast cell activation syndrome and gymnastics.
有许多矛盾点
My diet is quite restricted
我的饮食有很多限制
am quite malnourished with iron
导致我缺铁而营养不良
and things like that.
就像这样
Sometimes the exercises can be really, really hard,
有时训练真的非常非常困难
but I enjoy building up my strength
不过我享受重建我的力量
and seeing an improvement in myself.
以及看到自己的进步
Unfortunately it takes me quite a lot longer
不幸的是这导致我的训练
than everybody else that’s able bodied,
比其他健全人都要漫长
but that always makes the victory that a little bit sweeter.
不过得到胜利后更让人觉得甜蜜
Sometimes I do push myself too far
有时我给自己很大的压力
and I regret it and I ended up paying for it.
不过后来我后悔了并因此付出代价
I have lost count of how many times I’ve been in hospitals.
我快记不起去医院多少次
(upbeat music)
[欢快旋律]
Its way over 500 times.
可能超过500次
It works out on average every two weeks.
平均俩礼拜就要去一次
It’s got to the stage where most of the staff know me
都到了医院里的职工都认识我的程度了
by my first name,
记得我的姓
and I knew them by their first name.
而我也记得他们的姓知道他们
(upbeat music)
[欢快旋律]
Thanks to social media.
感谢社交媒体
I’ve been able to get in contact
我可以和那些
with people that have the same condition as me.
和我有一样病情的人交流
Most of them are in America.
他们大多数在美国
And we have this lovely little group
我们有四五人的可爱小团体
of about four or five of us.
就有一个可爱小团体
I’m the only one from England.
就我一个来自英格兰
And we are constantly joking about my accent between us
我们一直都在开我口音的玩笑
and they really are like my sisters.
她们与我亲如姐妹
Unfortunately, a couple of years ago,
不幸的是几年前
one of the girls Taylor passed away.
一个叫泰勒的女孩去世了
She’d been quiet unwell,
她病情相当不好
(sad music)
[忧伤旋律]
It was really hard
那让人很难接受
not just to lose my best friend,
不只是失去了我最好的朋友那么简单
but the reality of the condition that I’m living with.
更因为我现在生死难料
‘Cause as much as you can try
尝试一切尽你所能
and make it as light as possible,
尽可能的看轻
and that is life threatening
那在威胁你的生命
and the chances are it will kill me one day.
并且可能哪天杀死你
(sad music)
[忧伤旋律]
Seeing the pain that I went through
好友离世让我很悲伤
when she passed and knowing that one day,
并且我相信有一天
all the people that I love and care about,
那些我在意并爱的人也会
are gonna feel that same pain.
感受到与我一样的痛苦
It’s a really hard thing to carry,
坚持下来真的很艰难
that’s why sometimes I want to cut myself off
这就是为什么我想过
from the world.
自杀
So when it does happen,
所以当自杀发生时
it doesn’t hurt them,
这不会伤害他们
but I need them.
但是 我需要他们
I need my friends and they need me,
我需要朋友们 他们也需要我
and I had many conversations with them about it,
如果我和他们有说不完的话
’cause we’re very open.
这就是为什么我们无话不谈
They’re just happy that I’m happy with what I’m doing.
他们对我乐此不疲的东西也感到快乐
And I’m really blessed to have them.
拥有她们我真的很幸运
(spectators clapping)
[掌声]
(upbeat music)
[振奋的音乐]
It’s not the metals that count for me,
那对我来说 重要的不是奖牌
it’s the experience.
而是磨砺
(upbeat music)
[振奋旋律]
I love to go out and perform and show people that
我喜欢外出表演 向人们展示
just because you’re ill doesn’t mean your life has to stop.
只是因为你生病了 并不意味着你的生活就要停止
(upbeat music)
[振奋旋律]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一个残疾体操运动员 她几乎对一切事物过敏 但她还是凭着惊人的毅力 获奖无数

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

德善

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whn0IAOCYsQ

相关推荐