未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

提前一年预定才能吃到的卡真菜

This Cajun Restaurant Has a Year-Long Waiting List

Deep in the bayou,
在河湾深处
on this street,
在这条街上
down this road,
在这条路的尽头
in this windowless tin shack, is a restaurant
在这座没窗户的铁皮小屋里 有一家餐馆
run by one woman, whose dishes are so good,
餐馆主人是一名女士 她做的菜实在美味
you have to wait a year to try them.
人们得提前一年预定才能品尝到
– I’m Alzina Toups and I’ve been cooking Cajun food
我是阿尔西纳·托比斯 至少60多年来
for at least over 60 years.
我都一直在做卡真菜
卡真风味
《伟大的故事》
Alzina’s
阿尔西纳餐厅
Welcome to Alazina’s.
欢迎来到阿尔西纳餐厅
A Cajun restaurant with no staff and no menu.
这里没有员工和菜单
Just Chef Alzina and her kitchen.
只有阿尔西纳和她的厨房
And it’s housed in one of the most unassuming places.
这家餐厅坐落在最不起眼的地方之一
A former welding shop that was once owned by her son.
过去是一家焊接店 曾经属于她的儿子
– I turned this into kitchen because I loved cooking.
我爱烹饪 所以我把这儿变成了厨房
And you don’t have that big bump in the middle.
中间不能凸起一大块
– Right.
是的
– My son was in the process of moving to a bigger place
我儿子要搬去一个更大的地方
so instead of closing it,
他没有关闭这里
he asked me if I wanted to convert this.
而是问我是否想要改造这个地方
So I converted into a kitchen.
于是 我就把它改成了厨房
I wanted to be open.
我想让这里变成公开场所
Where I cook and where they eat.
我下厨 客人吃饭
Because they can see what you’re doing.
他们能看到你做饭的过程
Most of the people that come,
大多数来这儿的人
they want to take part in what you do.
都想参与我做的事情
Cajun food I think is the best food in the world.
我认为卡真菜是世界上最好吃的菜
I was raised on it.
我是吃卡真菜长大的
To me it’s simple cooking.
对我来说 无非是简单的烹饪
You start with your bell pepper.
首先加入甜椒
You have onion, you have garlic, a lot of garlic,
再加入洋葱 大蒜 大蒜得多放些
celery,
芹菜也放进去
and then you saute that in a small amount of oil.
然后用少量油翻炒
And then you start adding your other ingredients.
之后再加入其他配料
Whatever you’re cooking,
无论你做什么
if it’s a gumbo or jambalaya or fried shrimp,
秋葵汤 什锦饭 或者炸虾
what’s better than that?
都无与伦比的美味
As good as that sounds,
尽管听起来是很不错
eating at Alzina’s can be tricky.
但要在阿尔西纳餐厅吃饭可能比较麻烦
There are no walk-ins
这儿不接受未预定的客人
and reservations can only be made by calling her on her landline phone.
而且只能通过打餐厅座机预定
– Thank you for calling.
感谢您来电
I didn’t want walk-in
我不想接待未预定的客人
because I think I would have been very unhappy.
因为我很不乐意那么做
I live a simple life and this is the way I like my life.
我过着简单的生活 这是我喜欢的生活方式
Simple.
简单
No computer, just a simple telephone.
没有电脑 只有一部简单的电话
I’m booked up until next year.
我的餐厅已经预定到明年了
I’m always booked up in a year advance.
我的餐馆总是提前一年就预定满了
And I like it better that way.
我也更喜欢提前安排
Over those 40 years, Alzina’s has been
在过去40年里 阿尔西纳餐厅已经
pretty successful gathering the attention of magazines,
成功地吸引了杂志
politicians and celebrity chefs.
政客和名厨的注意
People from all over the world have flocked to Alzina’s kitchen
来自世界各地的人都慕名涌向阿尔西纳的厨房
for her authentic Cajun food.
只为品尝她正宗的卡真菜
But for Alzina,
但对阿尔西纳来说
the experience is all about making people feel at home.
这一切都是为了让人们有宾至如归的体验
Like a family.
就像一个大家庭
– When people come, it’s a tin building.
当人们造访时 这里只是一个铁皮房
So they see where we’re at and you don’t realize
他们看得到我们的位置 却没意识到
that it’s here.
它就在这里
But when they step in the kitchen,
但当他们走进厨房
it’s a different world.
就进入了一个不一样的世界
I really think they’re happy.
我真的能感受到他们很开心
I feel the peace in the kitchen and then they mingle,
我能感觉到厨房里的宁静 和人们的交流
family that haven’t seen each other for maybe a year, two, three years.
有的一家人可能有一两年 甚至三年没见面了
It bring happiness to them.
这里给他们带来了快乐
And it bring happiness to me.
也给我带来了好心情
I was born to serve, not to be served.
我生来就是为了服务大家 而不是被人服务

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

需要提前一年预定的卡真风味餐厅,竟然是由一名老奶奶开的,六十年来,更是吸引不少政客,大厨前去品尝。这样的餐厅你想去吗?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Serena

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCArZHXCzmI

相关推荐