未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

这些发音错误会拉低你的英语水平

These Pronunciation Mistakes REDUCE your English Level!

Well hey there I’m Emma from mmmEnglish!
大家好 我是来自mmmEnglish的Emma
In today’s video, I want to talk about some really common pronunciation mistakes
今天的视频 我想聊一些非常常见的发音错误
but these particular mistakes actually reduce the level of your English
但这些错误的确会拉低你的英语水平
or how people perceive your English.
也影响着他人对你英语的评价
Now you may have really great grammar
可能你的语法真的很棒
but if you’re mispronouncing words,
但如果单词的发音错了
it can make it seem like your grammar is not very good.
就会让人觉得你的语法不太好
And we want to avoid that right?
这是我们想避免的 对吧?
Because you’ve worked really hard to get your grammar
因为你已经很努力地学习语法
to where it is today.
才到今天的水平
So don’t let your pronunciation let you down.
所以别让你的发音拖了后腿
Come on!
来吧!
The interesting thing about the pronunciation errors in this video
有趣的是 关于这个视频里的发音错误
is that you’re unlikely to have a problem with all of them.
你不可能都存在问题
These errors are really strongly influenced by someone’s native language,
这些错误实际上受母语的影响很大
our strongest and our most dominant language.
毕竟母语根深蒂固并占据了主导地位
And your native language is a problem for you when you speak English in two main ways.
说英语时 母语对你的影响主要表现在两个方面
Firstly, it acts as a filter when you’re listening to English.
第一 当你听英语时 母语就像一个过滤器
Your brain doesn’t necessarily identify
你的大脑不一定能识别
or pick up on all of the sounds that you hear in English
或接收到你听到的所有英语的音节
because they’re foreign sounds
因为它们是外来音
or they’re different combinations of sounds
或者在你的母语中并不常见
that are not common in your own native language
且完全不同的音节组合
so your brain might skip over them
所以你的大脑可能跳过它们
or assume that they’re something else instead.
或误以为它们是一些别的什么
Secondly, your tongue and your mouth are very comfortable
第二 你的舌头和嘴巴
making sounds from your own native language, right?
发母语的音时很舒服自在 对吧?
You’ve been doing it all your life.
毕竟一直以来你都在说母语
But if there are new sounds, the muscles feel uncomfortable
但如果有新的音 肌肉就会觉得别扭
and it takes a lot of training for them to relax
需要大量的训练才能放松下来
and to get into the right position
并找到正确的发音位置
so that they can make the correct English sound, really easily.
这样才能真正轻松地发出正确的英语音
To fix these particular problems is going to take a bit of effort on your part
要解决这些特殊的问题 你需要付出一些努力
or quite a lot, right?
或是很多努力 对吗?
Deliberately practising.
如 刻意地练习
Now this is not very sexy English practice,
但这样的英语练习毫无美感
this is like standing in front of a mirror with a list of words
这就像站在镜子前拿着一张
that you know you can’t pronounce very well.
你知道自己发音不太好的单词表
So you need to spend the time working on these specific problems,
所以你需要花时间来解决这些具体的问题
working on those muscles.
锻炼这些肌肉
It won’t magically fix itself.
它不会神奇地自我修复
You’ve got to put in the work.
你必须投入精力
Anyway, I’m starting to sound a bit like your mum
不管怎样 我开始听起来有点像你妈妈
or someone nagging at you
或是某个唠叨你的人
so let’s just move on and get started with the lesson.
所以我们还是继续 开始上课吧!
The first pronunciation error is a really common one for all of my Asian students
第一个发音错误是我所有的亚洲学生常犯的
because many Asian languages don’t often have words ending in consonant sounds.
因为很多亚洲语言并不常有以辅音结尾的字词
In fact there are quite a few other languages
事实上 还有很多其它的语言都如此
where actually there’s only a couple of final consonant sounds that are used
以辅音结尾的字词只有那么几个
but in English, we have heaps of words that end in consonant sounds.
但在英语中 我们有很多辅音结尾的单词
And grammatically these final sounds are really important.
从语法上来说 这些最后的音节非常重要
Think about the final S for example,
拿结尾的“s”来举个例子
which we use for all plural nouns
我们用它来表示所有的复数名词
and for verbs when we’re using
对于动词来说 当我们谈到
we’re talking about the third-person singular.
第三人称单数时 也会用到“s”
So that’s he, she and it.
第三人称单数也就是他 她和它
So every time we use one of these English pronouns,
每次只要我们用到这其中的一个英语代词
it changes the verb and we add that S.
就要改变动词的形式 即加上“s”
You take…
你带着……
He takes…
他带着……
I cry…
我哭泣……
She cries…
她哭泣……
They bite…
他们咬……
He bites…
他咬……
So the pronunciation of that final S is so important
所以如果当你英语时想让它听起来很准确
if you want to sound like you’re using English accurately when you speak.
结尾“s”的发音就显得尤为重要
She laugh every time the dog take a biscuit.
每次狗狗吃饼干时 她都会笑
It’s wrong!
这是错的!
Without pronouncing the final S on those verbs,
如果这些动词结尾的“s”不发音
it sounds like you’re making a grammar mistake.
听起来你就像犯了语法错误
She laughs every time the dog takes a biscuit.
每次狗狗吃饼干时 她都会笑
Practise it with me.
跟我一起练习
She laughs every time the dog takes a biscuit.
每次狗狗吃饼干时 她都会笑
I need four apple and seven potato.
我需要4个苹果和7个土豆
If you’re not pronouncing the final S on these nouns,
如果这些名词结尾的“s”不发音
then it’s grammatically incorrect.
从语法上讲 就是错的
It doesn’t matter if in your head it’s grammatically correct or the way that
你脑子里的语法是否正确或书写的方式是否不同
you would write it would be different,
这都不重要
the way that you’re pronouncing it, seems like you’re not using the correct grammar.
你的发音方式听起来就像是犯了语法错误
I need four apples and seven potatoes.
我需要4个苹果和7个土豆
There are twenty-four months in two years.
2年有24个月
Can you hear that final S on both of those nouns?
你能听到这些名词结尾的“s”吗?
There are twenty-four months in two years.
2年有24个月
Nice!
很好
Now ‘months’ is a particularly difficult word to pronounce here.
这里的“months”是一个特别难发音的单词
There are three consonant sounds together.
它共有3个辅音
That’s really hard and one of them is the -th sound.
这真的挺难的 其中一个是“th”的音
But when you’re trying to pronounce this word
但是当你把它放到句子里
in a sentence with other words around it
连着其它单词一起读时
you’re much better off skipping the -th sound
你最好跳过“th”这个音
and just saying ‘months’
只需要读“months”
because people will still understand what you’re saying
因为人们还是能听懂你的意思
and it’s grammatically correct.
它在语法上是正确的
In fact, that’s a really good little tip
事实上 这真的是个很好的小建议
because native speakers do this quite a bit
因为母语使用者在语速很快的时候
when they’re speaking quickly.
经常会这样做
We’re going travelling for six months!
我们要去旅行六个月!
Months. Months
月份
Regular past tense verbs in English cause different pronunciation challenges
英语中的一般过去时动词给不同的英语学习者
for different English learners
带来了不同的发音挑战
but the one that I’m talking about today is quite similar to the last one.
但我现在说的和上一个错误很相似
It’s related to the pronunciation of final consonants.
也与最后辅音的发音有关
So I want you to listen to the difference between these words.
所以我想让你们听听这些词之间的区别
Walk.

Walked.
走(过去式)
Watch.

Watched.
看(过去式)
Close.

Closed.
关(过去式)
Now the final consonant sound here is the only thing
这里的最后的辅音是唯一
that tells someone that you’re using the past tense.
能告诉别人你在运用过去时态的地方
If you don’t pronounce it,
如果你不发这个音
then you’re using the verb in the present tense.
那么你用的就是动词的一般现在时
I talk with him yesterday.
我昨天跟他说话
I talked with him yesterday.
我昨天跟他说话了
I talked.
我说话了
I talked with him yesterday.
我昨天跟他说话了
You have to practise this so that you’re speaking accurately.
你必须像这样练习 才能说准确
After we finished eating, we walked through the park and gazed at the stars.
吃完饭 我们穿过公园 看了星星
So listen.
所以 仔细听!
Finished.
结束
Walked.

Gazed.
凝望
If you want some more pronunciation practice with past tense regular verbs
如果你想多练习一些规则动词过去式的发音
and how to pronounce them correctly,
以及知道如何正确地发音
then check out this lesson up here.
那么请看下面这节课
I’ve made a whole lesson
我用了一整堂课
about past tense verbs and the correct pronunciation.
讲过去时态的动词以及它们的正确发音
Hey guys! A super quick reminder to subscribe to my channel
嘿 伙计们!如果你还没有订阅我的频道
if you haven’t done that already.
请尽快订阅吧!
If you have subscribed make sure you let me know in the comments
如果你已经订阅了 请务必在评论中告诉我
and which of these pronunciation errors you feel like you’ve been making.
你觉得自己有哪些发音错误呢?
There are a few numbers that you need to be really careful of
当你在说英语时
when you’re speaking in English
有几个数字需要非常小心
because it can make you sound like you’re making mistakes when you’re not.
否则 就会让你听起来像是错的
Or even worse with numbers, it creates a lot of confusion.
甚至更糟的是 数字会带来很多困扰
Can you think of the numbers that I’m actually talking about?
你能想到我说的是哪些数字吗?
Listen up!
听好了!
Thirteen.
13
Thirty.
30
Fourteen.
14
Forty.
40
Again that’s the consonant sound at the end.
再说一遍 结尾的辅音
It’s so important.
非常重要!
Fifteen.
15
Fifty.
50
Sixteen.
16
Sixty.
60
Seventeen.
17
Seventy.
70
So you can see how this can get really tricky
所以你可以看到 如果读错了这些音节
if you’re mispronouncing these sounds.
会变得很棘手
It’s really just that one consonant sound on the end
我们只能通过结尾的辅音
that tells us which number we’re actually using.
知道到底用的是哪个数字
In fact, you’ll even sometimes hear native speakers ask for clarification on this
事实上 有时你甚至会听到母语使用者求证这一点
because if that word isn’t pronounced clearly,
因为如果这个单词发音不清楚
it’s really difficult to be sure.
真的很难确定
Now I‘ve got a whole another vedio
我有另一期完整的视频
where you can practise pronouncing numbers correctly with me
你可以和我一起练习数字的正确发音
up there
在那儿
but right now I want to focus on the difference between
但现在我想专心说一下“15”
fifteen and fifty.
和“50”之间的区别
So again, it’s that consonant sound. It’s so important.
再说一遍 还是那个辅音 这很重要!
Fifteen.
15
Fifty.
50
Can you feel the difference in your mouth when you’re practising?
练习时 你能感觉到嘴巴里的不同吗?
With fifteen, the tip of your tongue should be touching the ridge behind your top teeth.
发“15”的音时 你的舌头应该碰到牙齿的后上颚
Fifteen. Fifteen.
15
With fifty,
发“50”的音时
the tip of your tongue is down. It’s down low.
你的舌尖应该往下 位置更低一点
Now if you need to practise this pronunciation
现在如果你需要练习这个发音
then really pay attention to the tip of your tongue.
那就真的要注意你的舌尖了
Where is it when you finish saying each of those words?
当你在发完各单词的音时 舌尖的位置在哪?
Fifteen.
15
Fifty.
50
Fifteen.
15
Fifty.
50
Okay here’s something a little different,
好吧 接下来的发音错误有一点点不同
adding an extra sound after a final consonant.
即在最后的辅音后面加了一个多余的音
Now my Italian students, you know where you’re at.
我的意大利学生们 知道自己在哪儿吗?
This one is definitely for you.
这个绝对说的就是你了
Pronouncing the final consonant is not a problem for you,
发最后的辅音对你们来说不是问题
it’s just that you tend to
只是你们会倾向于
add an extra vowel sound on the end of the word.
在单词的末尾加上一个额外的元音
You know when it ends in a consonant sound.
如果最后是辅音 你们知道在哪暂停
And again, this is something that occurs in your native language
再说一遍 你的母语中经常会这样
but it doesn’t happen in English.
但在英语中不存在
So how can this little tiny extra sound
那么当你说英语时 这个小小的多余的音
make you sound incorrect or less accurate
怎么就会听起来不对
when you’re using English?
或不太准确呢
So listen to what can happen when you
所以听听 当你在最后的辅音后面
add a vowel sound after a final consonant.
加上一个元音时 会发生什么
Wait.
等待
Waiter.
服务员
Stop.

Stopper.
瓶塞
Speak.

Speaker.
演讲者
So you’re adding this extra syllable which
所以当你加上这个额外的音节
can change many verbs into a noun.
就把很多动词变成名词了
The way that you’re pronouncing these verbs
你对这些动词的发音方式
is really similar to the way that Australians
和澳大利亚人
and British English speakers pronounce these nouns.
以及说英语的英国人的发音方式很相似
So practise it with me.
所以跟我一起练习下吧!
Please wait until they speak before you take photos.
请等他们讲完话 再拍照
Please wait until they speak before you take photos.
请等他们讲完话 再拍照
So if you need to practise this and you want to
所以如果你需要练习这个
reduce the influence of your native language on your English pronunciation,
并且想减少母语对你英语发音的影响
then try writing some simple sentences with lots of words
就试着用许多以辅音结尾的单词
that end in a consonant sound
写一些简单的句子
and then record yourself as you say them out loud.
大声读出这些句子 并且录音
Listen to the recording again and
再听一遍录音
hear how you’re mispronouncing these sounds,
听听你是怎么读错这些音的
that’s one of the best ways to practise.
这是最好的练习方法之一
Our final point here is about words that end in /i/
最后要讲的一点是以/i/结尾的单词
Let’s look at words like community, opportunity,
让我们来看看“社区” “机会”
responsibility, ability, reality.
“责任” “能力” “现实”等词汇
Now these are challenging to say
由于这些词的音节数量
because of the number of syllables in them.
所以发音很有挑战性
But also in English, we have different stress patterns
同样 在英语中有不同的重音读法
and different syllables are stressed in different ways.
不同的音节有不同的重读方式
What you need to remember is that
你需要记住的是
we definitely want to hear that vowel sound on the end.
最后的元音一定要读出来
It’s not a stress syllable
它不是重读音节
so it’s a really soft sound but it must be there.
这是一个非常清的音 但它必须要发出来
Not communit
“communit”
opportunit responsibilit
“opportunit ” 和“responsibilit”是不对的
Now these errors don’t really make you grammatically incorrect
这些并不会让你真的出现语法错误
but it does disrupt the flow of your sentence.
但它确实会影响你的句子的流畅度
When you aspirate instead of just making the correct vowel sound at the end,
当你用气音 而非在结尾发出那个正确的元音
it changes the rhythm and the pattern in your sentence.
这会改变你句子的节奏和模式
Like I said, the last syllable
就像我说的 很明显
in all of these words is unstressed
这些所有的单词最后是有一个音节的
but it is clearly there.
但是它不需要重读
It’s just pronounced as a soft T.
就像轻轻地发“T”的音一样
So if this is a problem for you then let’s practise.
如果这对你来说是个问题 那我们就来练习一下吧!
This is your opportunity to take responsibility.
这是你承担责任的机会
In reality, the community doesn’t have the ability to leave.
实际上 社区没有能力离开
In reality, the community doesn’t have the ability to leave.
实际上 社区没有能力离开
So there you have it, five pronunciation errors that English students make
所以现在你知道了英语学生常犯的5个发音错误
that not only sound wrong
它们不仅听起来不对
but they actually make your English level sound lower than it really is.
而且实际上还会拉低你的英语水平
Now there are lots of ways to practise and improve your pronunciation.
很多方法都可以用来练习和改善你的发音
You can make recordings of yourself.
你可以自己录音
You can use a mirror to make sure that
当你练习发音时
your mouth and your tongue are in the right places
可以对着镜子
as you’re practising your pronunciation.
来确保你的嘴巴和舌头在正确的位置
If you can, get some feedback from a native speaker.
可以的话 你可以从英语母语者那获得一些反馈
You could get a tutor,
你可以找个老师
you could join classes with Lingoda
也可以加入 Lingoda 的学习课程
where there’s native English teachers
那里所有课程都配有
in all of those classes.
地道的英语老师
If you have a speaking partner to practise your conversation skills with,
如果你有一个练习对话技巧的小伙伴
make sure you tell them what pronunciation errors
一定要告诉他们
you’re really trying to correct
你真正想纠正的发音错误
and ask them to tell you if they hear them.
并让他们如果听到的话一定要告诉你
If you’ve got one or three or five different people
如果提醒你发音错误的
reminding you of your pronunciation errors,
有1个 3个或5个人
you’ll be able to correct them and improve them much more quickly.
你就能够纠正它们并迅速得到提高
You can also practise with mmmEnglish Imitation Lessons
你也可以用mmmEnglish模仿课来练习
like this one right here.
就像今天这节课!
You’ll practise the correct pronunciation with me and again,
你要和我反复练习正确的发音
making a recording of yourself imitating me
录下自己模仿我的声音
and listening back to it will really help you to identify the sounds
然后再听一遍 这真的会帮助你
that you’re mispronouncing.
找到错误的发音
Anyway I’ll see you in the next lesson.
不管怎样 下节课见
Thanks for joining me!
谢谢你加入我的课程!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

不管你语法学得有多好,只要你的口语中有发音错误,就会拉低你的英语水平,也影响着别人对你英语的评价。如何正确地发音呢?一起来看看吧!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

紫琳轩

审核员

审核员QC

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSUGRduFtIQ

相关推荐