未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

6个词让你停止拖延!

These 6 Words Will Make You Stop Procrastinating - Q&A Episode #2

这里是《激励胶囊》
Improvement Pill here.
因为我想多做点问答视频
I wanted to make more Q&A videos.
所以之前才问大家正在面临哪些问题
So I asked you guys about what sort of issues you are facing
其中提得最多的是拖延问题
and what the most popular suggestion was about procastination.
我们该如何让自己去做
How do we get ourselves to do the things that
那些该做的事呢?
we know we have to do?
我觉得有个方法非常好
And I think a great answer to this problem
这其实是我在短暂的大学生活中学到的为数不多的事情之一
is actually one of the few things that I learned in my short college career
并一直受用至今
that has stuck with me till this very day.
军队里也在教这个方法
It’s something that is also taught in a military
人称六个P
and it’s called the Six P’s.
分别代表事先 规划
And it stands for prior, planning
避免 零星 不好的 结果
prevents, piss, poor, performance.
从表面上看 这些押韵的小词(英文读起来押韵)
Now, on the surface, this catchy little phrase sounds
听起来通俗易懂 其意自明
rather simple and self-explanatory.
但其中其实蕴含许多智慧
But there’s actually a lot of wisdom in it.
再往深了说就是 我们能从六个P中
And to be more specific, there are three powerful lessons
学到三个相当有用的经验
that we can learn from the Six P’s.
第一个经验是 如果我们的身体准备好了
The first lesson is that if we physically prepare for something,
那么事情就更容易继续下去
it will make it significantly easier to go ahead and do it.
容我解释一下
Let me explain.
比如我们想养成去健身房的习惯
So let’s say for example, we want to make “going to the gym” into a habit,
但过程中有很多问题使其无法成行
but we’ve been having a lot of issues taking this routine.
比如有时候起床后会觉得疲惫 没有动力
Some days we wake up feeling tired and unmotivated
就是没法逼自己去健身房了
and we just can’t get ourselves to go to the gym.
这时就需要六个P出场了
Here’s where the Six P’s come in.
我们可以提前做好身体上的准备
We can physically prepare beforehand
即穿着运动衣上床
by wearing our gym clothes to bed.
为什么要这样?
Why would we wanna do this?
因为研究表明 穿上运动衣 走出家门
Well, studies have found that it actually requires more will power and mental energy
再走到健身房 确实要比在健身房锻炼
to put on your gym clothes and walk out the front door to go to the gym
需要耗费更多的意志力和精力
than the actual workout that takes place at the gym.
这是因为穿上运动衣
And this is because putting on your gym clothes
就代表你要做决定了
requires you to make a decision:
决定“我今天要去健身房吗?”
should I go to the gym today?
这才是最难抉择的对吧?
It’s this decision that give us the hardest time. Right?
当我们就在健身房撸铁的时候 撸铁就不算个问题了
We never have an issue lifting weights at the gym when we already there.
我们已经自然而然地在做了
We basically do that automatically.
然而人们一直坚信
That issue has always been convincing are lazy
起床 穿上运动衣去健身房 才是易怠惰的
as to get out of the bed to put on our gym clothes and to go to the gym.
但如果穿着运动衣上床
If we wear our gym clothes to bed,
说明我们基本在前一晚就做好
we are basically making the decision
第二天去健身房的决定了
to go to the gym the night before.
这样第二天早晨
So, we don’t have to spend nearly
我们就无需耗费那么多精力了
as much mental energy in the morning,
去健身房的目标也更易达成
which makes going to the gym much easier.
事先规划能防微杜渐
Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
从六个P中学到的第二个经验是
The second lesson we can get from the Six P’s is that
马上将事情完成 将来能避免发生问题
by doing certain things today, will prevent problems down the line.
一些人可能觉得“对啊 这是常识
Some people might be thinking: “Yeah, that’s common sense.
但我的问题是 即使我知道这是常识
My issue is that even though I know,
未来还是会有问题 该做的事我还是没做”
I’ll have problems down the line. I still don’t do the things I have to do”.
这是因为你没有正确面对问题
Well, the reason this happens is because you don’t face these problems properly.
这话什么意思?
What do I mean by this?
举个例子 我有几个朋友
Well, I have a couple of friends who
总在抱怨钱不够花
always complain about not having enough money.
可有趣的是
And the funny thing is
他们不约而同地和我说过
every single one of them has told me that
查银行账单是最艰难的时刻
they have a hard time checking their bank account.
他们都尽量不去看
They do everything in their power to avoid
自己还剩多少钱
looking at how little money they have left.
因为看到账户余额以后心情就不好了
And this is because looking at their balance makes them feel bad.
他们不愿面对问题
They don’t want to face their problem.
那为何只用面对问题
Why is simply facing,
多留意问题 结果就会变得不一样?
taking a good look at your problem so effective?
Glenk Joe讲了自己的真实故事
Well, Gleck Joe actually told a story about
关于如何在活期账户中尽可能少存钱
how he keeps as little money as possible in his active bank account,
但这样总让人觉得他快要破产了
so that it always looks and feels like he’s about to go broke.
所以每当他看到账户余额的时候
So, every time he looks at his balance,
也就是每当他面对问题的时候
every time he faces his problems,
他都很焦虑
he is overcome with anxiety.
于是他就用这种方法激励自己努力工作 赚更多的钱
He then uses that to motivate himself to work hard and make more money.
这才是直面问题的强大之处
That’s the powerful thing about facing your problems.
问题会引起焦虑 引起恐惧
It causes anxiety. It causes fear.
但毋庸置疑
And fear is without a doubt
恐惧是最激励人的因素之一 对吧?
one of the most motivating factors out there. Right?
如果我用枪指着你的脑袋
If I held a gun to your head,
让你别再拖延 马上做完工作
and I told you to stop procastinating and finishing your work right now,
我敢保证你立刻就会去做
I guarantee that you do it immediately.
现在你可能在想 “那哪种激发恐惧的方法最有效?”
Now, you’re probably wondering: “Well, what’s the most effective way to activate this fear?”
这就是可视化的问题了
Well, it’s all about visualizing.
你得坐下来 设身处地地去想
You need to sit down and really imagine
“如果继续拖延会怎么样?”
what it would be like if you didn’t stop procrastinating.
想得时候消极一点 设想最坏的情况
Be a bit nagative and assume the worst case scenario
这听着有点复杂
and those sounds a bit complicated.
那就一块看个例子吧
So let’s run through an example together.
比如你想做线上生意
Let’s say you want to start some sort of online business,
但你已经拖了一个月了
but you’ve been puting it off for a month.
如果今天还不开始会怎么样?
What would happen if you didn’t start working on that business today?
现实情况是 在你拖延的每一天中
Well, the fact of the matter is every single day you wait,
越来越多的人在线上生意中大获成功
more and more people are going to find success online.
也就是说 无论你准备进军哪类市场
This means whatever market you’re trying to get into
每过一分钟市场就会更饱和一点
is getting more and more saturated by the minute.
你成功的机会也会变得越来越少
You have less and less of a chance of succeeding.
这代表你还是会在讨厌透顶的朝九晚五的工作中挣扎
This means you will be stuck working that 9-5 job you hate so much.
留意这种结果给你带来的感受
Focus in on how that makes you feel.
想想自己有多讨厌现在的工作
Think about how much you currently hate your job.
想想工作的时候哪些事最让你心烦
Think about what annoys you the most during work.
你会因遇到这么多糟心事而心情不好吗?
Do you feel bad because you know that you met for so much more?
你感觉到这种负面结果影响你的健康和饮食了吗?
Do you feel it’s negative side of effects on your diet and health?
你的社交生活会怎么样?
What about your social life?
你成了让周围人痛苦的人了吗?
Is it making you a miserable person to be around?
再在这里工作五年会如何?
What would it be like to have to work there for another five years?
如果你正处于上述情况中
If you are in a situation like this,
并且花了至少10分钟
and you do this visualization exercise
真正将问题可视化
properly for at least ten minutes,
你就会感觉内心的焦虑愈加强烈
you should start to feel some sort of anxiety building up within you,
你会觉得必须马上行动
you should feel like you need to take action right now
才能确保不发生这种可怕的情况
in order to make sure this terrible scenario doesn’t happen.
以上就是如何将问题可视化的要点了
And that’s basically the gist of how visualizing your problems work.
事先规划能防微杜渐
Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
说到做一些未来能避免发生问题的事情
Speaking of doing things that prevent problems down the line,
就要说一说Tiege Hanley了
this episode was brought you to help the guys at Tiege Hanley.
想一想护肤 尤其是面部护肤
Think about skincare, especially for the face,
大多数人是不是都不会去深思?
is that most of us guys don’t ever think twice about it?
但其实如果你从今天开始护肤
But the truth of the matter is if you start taking care of your skin today,
未来整整五到十年都能预防皱纹 防止衰老
it will prevent wrinkles and signs of aging from developing five to ten years down the line.
护肤确实会有很大差别
It can actually make a huge difference.
Tiege Hanley在这方面做得很棒
Tiege Hanley is perfect to this.
我知道护肤听着很复杂
I know skincare can sound very complicated.
但Tiege Hanley会提供易上手的护肤步骤
But they provide you for easy-to-follow step-by-step systems,
这样大家就能预防未来的面部问题了
so that you can prevent any problems with your face down the line.
商家选用的是最好的原材料
They provide you for the highest quality ingredients and also
还提供了必备的全套护肤品 方便大家正确护肤
all of the tools you need to have in order to properly take care of your skin,
其中包括洗面奶 去死皮膏 早晚保湿霜等
including things like face wash, exfoliating scrub, AM and PM moisturizer
这些护肤品能让你的脸免受紫外线的侵害
which will help protect your face from harmful UV rays.
眼霜能预防眼部皱纹
Eye cream is to prevent eye wrinkles
更有精华液使你的皮肤柔软平顺
and even serum is to keep your skin smooth and soft.
我现在已经试用了一个月了
I’ve been testing them for a little over a month now.
我都能预见
And I feel much better knowing that I still be
未来的五年我还是这么年轻帅气
looking young and handsome five years down the line.
今天Tiege Hanley为大家上架了一项特别促销活动
Tiege Hanley is posing a special promotion today just for you guys.
点击下方简介里的链接
Click on the link in the description box below
就能看到更多有关特别优惠的信息
to find out more about this special offer.
还能进一步了解Tiege Hanley的护肤产品
And also to learn more about Tiege Hanley skin care products
包括新推出的祛痘系列
including their new acne system.
回到正题 从六个P中学到的最后一个经验是
Now, the final lesson that the Six P’s teaches us is that
白纸黑字地规划出想做的事
by actually laying out the plans of what we want to do,
我们才更愿意去完成
we’ll be more likely to get things accomplished.
这话是什么意思?
What do I mean by this?
因为我们的大脑好比一匹马
Well, our brain is kind of like a horse.
如果没人骑 如果不给马方向
If there’s no one riding the horse, if we don’t give it any directions,
那它就只是四处晃荡 做它想做的事
it will just roam around doing whatever it wants.
这点大家可能在日常生活中已经有所察觉
You’ve probably noticed this before in your own life.
如果你没列出第二天的计划
If you have no plans for the following day,
那你很有可能就随意地四处晃悠了
you most likely just bomb around on autopilot doing whatever.
那么问题就来了
Now, this brings up the question of, well,
我们到底该如何给马方向
how exactly should we give our horse directions,
如何提前规划行程呢?
how should we lay out and plan ahead?
要解决这个问题当然有许多方法
Well there are tons of different ways to do so.
但我想和大家分享我觉得最有效的方法
But I’ll share with you what I find to be the most effective.
有些人可能知道
As some of you guys already know,
我会用白板规划大部分的生活
I use white boards to organize a large part of my life.
其中一块是我的待办白板
One of these boards is what I’d like to call the to-do board,
主要是用来规划第二天要做的事
basically what I plan on doing the next day and
我几乎能完成板子上的所有事
I almost always finish everything on this board.
主要是因为我坚持了几条基本准则
Mainly because I stick to a couple of fundamental rules.
第一条是 我最多只在板子上写三件事
The first rule is that I only put a maximum of three things on the board.
有时候我甚至只能完成一到两件
Sometimes I even do just one or two things.
如果我能做完上面所有的事
If I can complete whatever is on the board,
那么我就做完了所有必做的事 我就可以休息了
that means I’ve accomplished all the work I need to do and I can relax.
如果我还想做别的的话 就看自己了 但我一般会继续的
If I want to do more work, that’s up to me and oftentimes I do.
我只在白板上列几件事的原因是
But the reason I put so few things on the board,
我想把“完成白板上的任务”变成习惯
is because I want to make “completing the board” into a habit.
如果你列的任务太多
If you have too many tasks,
就会发现每天都全部完成是很难的
you’re gonna find it very hard to complete the entire board every single day.
也许你能这样坚持一周
Maybe you’ll do so for a week.
但这么严苛的计划可能不会持续太久
But chances are your strict won’t last very long.
降低自己的要求 只在白板上写几个任务
By lowing your standards and only putting on a few things on the board,
会更容易培养做完事情的习惯
you can develop this habit much easier.
一旦养成了习惯
And once the habit is logged in,
当你一想到完不成白板上的任务时
it starts to feel extremely uncomfortable
就会非常不舒服
when you think about not completing the board and
这样就能将不利感受变为有利条件了
you can use that feeling to your advantage.
我的第二个准则是 分任务块
The second rule I have is to use chunking
主要就是将大任务分解为小任务
which essentially breaking big tasks down into tiny parts.
比如我不会把
For example, I won’t put something like
“做完下周六的视频”这种任务写在白板上
“finish video for next Saturday” on the white board.
因为我会不停地工作近10小时 只为完成这项任务
Because it will take me around ten hours of non-stop work just to be able to pull this off.
当你向大脑传递这个大挑战时
When you present your brain of such a big challenge,
大脑是不会想完成的
it’s not gonna want to do it.
道阻且艰啊 所以你就拖延了
It seems way too hard, so you procrastinate.
你会想“嘿等会再做吧”
And you say “hey, we’ll just do this later”,
那就换成“列草稿”这项任务
instead of put something like “write the rough draft”
因为我知道这项任务我能一小时左右完成
which is something that I know I can get down in about an hour.
对于我的大脑来说 这项任务的挑战性小一点
This is a much less challenging info in the eyes of my brain.
这样我就没有理由不去完成了
And because of this, it seems no reasons to push it aside.
因为我们的大脑知道这件事能立刻完成
Because it knows we can easily get this done right then and there.
所以请大家牢记 如果你有拖延的问题
So remember guys, if you’re having issues of procrastination,
事先规划能防微杜渐
prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
这六个P告诉我们应该从身体上准备好
The Six P’s teaches us that we should physically prepare ourselves
第二天要做的事
for things that we have to do the next day
以便更易完成这项任务
in order to make it easier to accomplish,
还告诉我们应该坐下来直面问题
and also teaches us that we should sit down and face our problems head on,
将不做必做事情的后果视觉化
visualize the consequences of not doing the things you know you have to do,
以便激起恐惧和焦虑 激励自己
in order to generate fear and anxiety as forms of motivation.
最后 六个P还告诉我们要正确规划
And finally, it teaches us that by planning out exactly
第二天要完成的事
what we want to accomplish tomorrow,
这样大脑才会有前进的方向
it will give our brain some directions to running.
我们应该坚持任务分块 试着只达成小目标
We should stick to chunking and only try to hit a small amount of goals
以便养成习惯
in order to make this into a habit and
最后来一起重复 事先规划能防微杜渐
let’s say guys, prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如何停止拖延?这有6个词可以帮助你!一起来看视频吧。

听录译者

Daisy

翻译译者

未央lin

审核员

审核员#LY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5qrUJsberc

相关推荐