ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

关注心理健康并不羞耻 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

关注心理健康并不羞耻

There's no shame in taking care of your mental health | Sangu Delle

去年……
Last year …
真是糟透了
was hell.
我第一次品尝了尼日利亚人的辣味大锅饭
It was my first time eating Nigerian “jollof.”
实际严肃的说
Actually, in all seriousness,
我经历过了太多的个人的困境
I was going through a lot of personal turmoil.
面对大量的压力
Faced with enormous stress,
我感觉很焦虑 
I suffered an anxiety attack.
有时候 我无法工作
On some days, I could do no work.
有时候
On other days,
我只想躺在床上哭泣
I just wanted to lay in my bed and cry.
我的医生问我是否愿意见一下心理健康专家
My doctor asked if I’d like to speak with a mental health professional
谈谈我的压力和焦虑
about my stress and anxiety.
 心理健康?
Mental health?
我闭上嘴 疯狂地摇头以示抗议
I clammed up and violently shook my head in protest.
一股深深的羞耻感涌上心头
I felt a profound sense of a shame.
沉重的羞耻感
I felt the weight of stigma.
我有一个充满爱与支持的家庭
I have a loving, supportive family
有一群无比忠诚的朋友
and incredibly loyal friends,
但我不能接受这样的想法:与别人谈论
yet I could not entertain the idea of speaking to anyone
我痛苦的情感
about my feeling of pain.
我们非洲对于男子气概的观点 都要让我窒息了
I felt suffocated by the rigid architecture of our African masculinity.
“人们都会遇到现实的问题 桑谷
“People have real problems, Sangu.
你得战胜自己!”
Get over yourself!”
我第一次听说“心理健康”时
The first time I heard “mental health,”
还是一名来自加纳的寄宿新生
I was a boarding school student fresh off the boat from Ghana,
就读于纽泽西州的佩蒂中学
at the Peddie School in New Jersey.
我刚刚经历了
I had just gone through the brutal experience
一个月内失去7 位亲人的残酷事实 
of losing seven loved ones in the same month.
学校护士
The school nurse,
关心我的经历──上帝保佑她── 
concerned about what I’d gone through — God bless her soul —
她询问我的心理健康情况
she inquired about my mental health.
“她心理不正常吗?”我想 
“Is she mental?” I thought.
她不知道我是非洲男人吗?
Does she not know I’m an African man?
就像《生命中不可承受之重》 里的奥康渥
Like Okonkwo in “Things Fall Apart,”
我们非洲男人既不处理 也不表达自己的感情
we African men neither process nor express our emotions.
我们解決自己的问题
We deal with our problems.
我们解决自己的问题
We deal with our problems.
我打电话给我的哥哥并嘲笑白人——
I called my brother and laughed about “Oyibo” people — white people —
和他们奇怪的疾病
and their strange diseases —
比如抑郁症 注意力缺乏症候群 这些奇怪的东西
depression, ADD and those “weird things.”
身为在西非长大的人
Growing up in West Africa,
提到“心理”这个名词的时候 进入脑海的是一个疯子
when people used the term “mental,” what came to mind was a madman
顶着看起来脏兮兮的脏辫
with dirty, dread-locked hair,
半裸着身体在街上摇摇晃晃
bumbling around half-naked on the streets.
我们都认识这个人
We all know this man.
我们的父母用他来警告过我们
Our parents warned us about him.
“妈妈 妈妈 他为什么疯了? ”
“Mommy, mommy, why is he mad?”
“毒品 就算你只看了一眼毒品 下场也会和他一样”
“Drugs! If you even look at drugs, you end up like him.”
如果得了肺炎
Come down with pneumonia,
妈妈会带你到最近的医院治疗
and your mother will rush you to the nearest hospital for medical treatment.
但是如果得了抑郁症
But dare to declare depression,
当地的牧师将会驱赶恶魔
and your local pastor will be driving out demons
并且责备村子里的女巫
and blaming witches in your village.
根据世界卫生组织
According to the World Health Organization,
心理健康是指能够处理
mental health is about being able to cope
生活中的正常压力的能力
with the normal stressors of life;
高效流畅地工作
to work productively and fruitfully;
能对社区做出贡献
and to be able to make a contribution to your community.
心理健康包含我们的情感 心理和社会福祉
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being.
全球75%的心理疾病案例中
Globally, 75 percent of all mental illness cases
基本都来自低收入国家
can be found in low-income countries.
但是绝大多数非洲政府
Yet most African governments
仅将其健康预算的不到 1%投入到心理健康
invest less than one percent of their health care budget in mental health.
更糟糕的是
Even worse,
非洲的精神病医生严重短缺
we have a severe shortage of psychiatrists in Africa.
比如尼日利亚 一个两亿人口的国家
Nigeria, for example, is estimated to have 200 —
只有 200 名精神病医生
in a country of almost 200 million.
整个非洲
In all of Africa,
90% 的人得不到治疗
90 percent of our people lack access to treatment.
结果就是
As a result,
我们孤独地忍受着
we suffer in solitude,
羞耻地沉默着
silenced by stigma.
我们非洲人对心理健康的回应是距离
We as Africans often respond to mental health with distance,
无知
ignorance,
内疚
guilt,
恐惧
fear
和愤怒
and anger.
阿尔博莱德•弗洛雷斯的一项调查研究中
In a study conducted by Arboleda-Flórez,
他直接问到:“心理疾病的起因是什么?”
directly asking, “What is the cause of mental illness?”
34%的尼日利亚人认为是滥用毒品
34 percent of Nigerian respondents cited drug misuse;
19%的人归因于神的愤怒和上帝的旨意
19 percent said divine wrath and the will of God —
12%
12 percent,
则认为是巫术和邪灵附身 
witchcraft and spiritual possession.
可很少有人举出已知的精神疾病成因
But few cited other known causes of mental illness,
例如基因
like genetics,
社会经济状况
socioeconomic status,
战争
war,
冲突
conflict
或是失去所爱之人
or the loss of a loved one.
对心理疾病的贬损
The stigmatization against mental illness
常常导致对患者的排斥和妖魔化 
often results in the ostracizing and demonizing of sufferers.
摄影记者罗宾哈蒙德已经记录下了这些行为
Photojournalist Robin Hammond has documented some of these abuses …
在乌干达
in Uganda,
索马里
in Somalia,
尼日利亚
and here in Nigeria.
对于我来说
For me,
这种玷污是亲身经历
the stigma is personal.
2009年
In 2009,
半夜我接到了一通难以置信的电话
I received a frantic call in the middle of the night.
我最好的朋友
My best friend in the world —
一个才华横溢 冷静 迷人 时髦的小伙子 
a brilliant, philosophical, charming, hip young man —
被诊断患有精神分裂 
was diagnosed with schizophrenia.
我目睹了一些一起长大的朋友的做法
I witnessed some of the friends we’d grown up with recoil.
我听到了偷笑
I heard the snickers.
我听到了窃窃私语
I heard the whispers.
“听说他疯了的事吗?”
“Did you hear he has gone mad?”
“他开始发飙了!”
“He start torch o!”
关于他状况的那些贬低
Derogatory, demeaning commentary about his condition —
那些词从来不会用于某个患了癌症的人
words we would never say about someone with cancer
或者某个得了痢疾的人
or someone with malaria.
不知什么原因 一谈到心理疾病
Somehow, when it comes to mental illness,
我们的无知就将所有的同情剔除干净
our ignorance eviscerates all empathy.
他被社区隔离时 我在他身旁
I stood by his side as his community isolated him,
但我们的爱从未动摇
but our love never wavered.
默默地 我开始关注心理健康
Tacitly, I became passionate about mental health.
受到他的困境的启发
Inspired by his plight,
我在学校帮助建立了一个心理健康特別兴趣校友小组
I helped found the mental health special interest alumni group at my college.
我在研究院担任住校教师期间
And during my tenure as a resident tutor in graduate school,
帮助了很多遇到心理问题的大学生
I supported many undergraduates with their mental health challenges.
我发现非洲学生在挣扎
I saw African students struggle
无法跟任何人沟通
and unable to speak to anyone.
即使带着这些知识和他们的故事
Even with this knowledge and with their stories in tow,
在面对我自己的焦虑时 我反而也在挣扎
I, in turn, struggled,
并且无法跟任何人沟通
and could not speak to anyone when I faced my own anxiety,
深层次的原因是我们害怕成为疯子
so deep is our fear of being the madman.
我们所有人── 
All of us —
特别是非洲人── 
but we Africans especially —
要意识到我们的心理的挣扎并不会减弱我们的力量
need to realize that our mental struggles do not detract from our virility,
心理创伤也不會腐蚀我们的力量
nor does our trauma taint our strength.
我们要意识到心理健康和身体健康一样重要
We need to see mental health as important as physical health.
不要在沉默中忍受 
We need to stop suffering in silence.
必须停止贬损疾病
We must stop stigmatizing disease
停止伤害患者
and traumatizing the afflicted.
和你的朋友谈谈
Talk to your friends.
和你的亲人谈谈
Talk to your loved ones.
和健康专家谈谈
Talk to health professionals.
弱势一点 
Be vulnerable.
并且相信 
Do so with the confidence
你并不是一个人
that you are not alone.
如果你还在挣扎 大声说出来
Speak up if you’re struggling.
诚实面对自己的感受 
Being honest about how we feel
并不会让我们弱小
does not make us weak;
反而使我们成为真正的人
it makes us human.
是时候终止贬损心理疾病了
It is time to end the stigma associated with mental illness.
所以下一次 当你听到“心理”这个词
So the next time your hear “mental,”
不要仅仅想到疯子
do not just think of the madman.
想想我
Think of me.
谢谢大家
Thank you.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

心理健康疾病应该得到重视,而不是迷信和排斥。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

喋喋

审核员

审核员V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvpmZktlBFs

相关推荐