未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

厕所漩涡的真相-南半球

The Truth About Toilet Swirl - Southern Hemisphere

今天 我们来做点从未有人做过的事
Today, we’re trying something that’s never been done before.
我做了这个视频 德斯坦在每天都更聪明一些(栏目名称)
I’ve made this video and Destin has made a video on Smarter Everyday. And we want you to
也做了个视频 我们希望你们在同时播放它们
play them both at the same time.
在这个视频下方的介绍里 有一个他视频的链接 想办法把
So there’s a link to his video down in this description, find a way to load both of these
这两个视频都下载下来 然后将它们按照我的口号同时播放 5 4 3 2 1
videos, and synchronize them on my mark. In 5 4 3 2 1.
在澳大利亚的悉尼 我们在南纬34度
In Sydney Australia, we are at 34 degrees south latitude.
也就是世界上阿拉巴马州的亨茨维尔的另一边
Which is the opposite side of the world from Huntsville, Alabama.
那么 马桶在冲水时 冲向哪个方向呢?
So, which way does the toilet flush?
这就是今天要研究的问题
That is the question.
辛普森一家中的一集就是基于 马桶在澳大利亚冲水的方向是相反的
The Simpsons did a whole episode based on toilets flushing the opposite direction in Australia
另外 其他的节目可能也演示了这一效果
Plus, other shows have supposedly demonstrated this effect.
那么 这个现象到底是真是假?
So, is this a real effect or not? ”The application of this principle to draining
“所谓两个半球不同的排水方法只是胡扯”
water in earth’s two hemisphere is just bunk.”
如果你自己尝试一下 你就会发现一个前后矛盾的结果
If you try it yourself, you’ll find inconsistent results.
这个水槽有时候这个方向排水 有时候又是另一个方向
This sink sometimes drains one way, and sometimes the other way.
在任何装水的容器里面 都总会有一个循环
In any container of water, there’s always gonna be some rotation, the water is not perfectly still.
水不是完全静止的 原因正是在此 而不是半球决定的
And it is this, rather than the hemisphere that determains which
排水时漩涡的方向
way the water will swirl down the drain.
但如果我们可以消除水的所有运动呢?
But if we could eliminate all motion from the water?
我这里有一个五英尺宽的儿童泳池
I have here a five foot wide kid pool.
其实我按着逆时针的方向用水填满了游泳池 以此确保
I actually filled the pool in an anticlockwise direction to be sure that any clockwise motion
我们所见到的现象 不是由于我如何往泳池里装水造成的
we see is not due to the way I fill the pool.
我把这些水放在这里24小时 我似乎已经
I’ve left these water sitting here for twenty-four hours. So it seems like I’ve damped all of the
减少了由于填满泳池 而产生的所有水的运动
motions from the filling.
我很希望这有用 德斯坦 祝我好运吧!
I really hope this works. Destin, wish me luck!
我正准备要把塞子拔开 3… … 2… … 1… …现在泳池正在排水了
I’m about to pull out the plug. Three, two, one. And the pool is draining.
但目前为止你还看不到任何水的运动
But you can’t see any motion of the water just yet.
为了看清楚水是往哪个方向流动的 我要把一些食物色素
To help us see where the water is flowing, I’m gonna put some food colour in
放入到泳池的四个主要方位
on the four directions around the pool.
你可以清楚的看到水正在顺时针流动 这个是很有道理的
You can clearly see that the water is flowing clockwise in this direction. And that makes sense because
由于地球的自转 水流在南半球
that’s how it should flow in the Southern Hemisphere.
就应该朝这个方向流动
due to the earth rotation.
但是你可以看到这个的效果是多么的微小
But you can see what a tiny little effect it is and
同时也可以看到 我为这现象付出了多么艰辛的努力
what extraordinaire length I had
说真的 你不会在浴缸 下水槽
to go to to see this effect. So really you’re not going to see it in a bathtub or in a sink
或是马桶里见到这种现象 因为有其他来源的角动量
or in a toilet because there are other sources of angular momentum that
完全把这个效果覆盖了
totally wash out this effect.
科里奥利效应 就是它 成功了!
The Coriolis effect. There you have it… It works!
想要理解它是如何运作的 想象一个边缘触碰了南极的游泳池
To understand how it works, imagine a pool with one edge touching the south pole.
这个游泳池相对于地球是静止的 但实际上 它每天
The pool is stationary relative to Earth, but every day it’s actually
都在完成一个完整的循环
completing one full revolution.
你可以看到泳池上
There you can see the side of the pool furthest
离南极最远的那个点 每天
from the pole travels much farther every day
都比临近南极的那个点运动的更远一些
than the side right next to the pole.
所以泳池的外缘朝着东方快速移动 随着接近南极
So the outer side of the pool is moving fastest towards the East
速度就会减少到零
and as you get closer to the pole the velocity decreases down to zero.
现在想象我们将水排出泳池
Now imagine we drain the pool.
远端的水相对移动得太快
Water from the far side is moving too fast relative to the drain
所以它在前面被排出
and so it gets out ahead,
而离南极近的那些水流动得太慢 所以它被落在了后面
where as water from near the pole is going too slow and so it lags behind.
所以当进行排水的时候 漩涡是顺时针方向的
So when the water approaches the drain, it swirls clockwise.
这也是南半球旋风顺时针旋转的原因
And this is the reason cyclones swirl clockwise in the Southern hemisphere.
高压的空气冲进风暴的中心 就像在我们的泳池里一样
The higher pressure air rushes into the eye of the storm and just like in our pool,
漩涡的方向受到了半球的影响
swirls in the direction dictated by the hemisphere.
这是也是马桶漩涡的真相
And that’s the truth about toilet swirl.
我算是领教了一些东西 如果你也与我一样 那么你应该
I definitely learned something and if you did too then you should
与你的朋友分享一下这些视频
share these videos with your friends.
你应该订阅这个家伙 订阅德斯坦每天都更聪明一些(栏目名称)
So you should subscribe to this guy. Subscribe to Destin, Smarter Every Day.
嗯 好啦!
Okay!
哈 你在这里!
Yeah, you’re here!
以下就是我们要做的事情 我们要订阅外瑞特萨姆
That’s what we’re gonna do. We are going to subscribe to Veritasium en
因为这是一个棒极了的频道
mass because it’s an awesome channel.
[笑声]
[Laughing]
噢 噢 看 订阅的按钮在哪里?
Oh, oh, look! Where is the subscribe button?
但说真的 你订阅每天更聪明一些(栏目名称)了吗?
But seriously, have you subscribed to Smarter Every Day yet?
德斯坦制作了一些
Destin has made some of the
网络上最棒的视频
best videos on the internet,
比如倒着骑自行车
like the backwards bicycle,
鲁伯特王子港的下沉 还有
Prince Rupert’s Drop, and what it
慢动作印纹身看起来是什么样子
looks like to get a tattoo in slow motion.
我跟德斯坦成为朋友已经有大约三年了 我深信不疑他是个超人
I’ve been friends with Destin for about three years and I’m pretty much convinced that the
不仅是因为他运行了一个非常成功的Youtube频道 而且他
man is superhuman. Not only does he run a remarkably successful YouTube channel, he
还有个妻子和四个孩子 他有着全职工作 毫不夸张地说 这个男人是个
also has a wife and four kids and he has a full time job. The man is literally a rocket
绝顶聪明的人 他还跟宇航员是朋友 当他问他们问题的时候
scientist. And he’s friends with astronauts and when he asks them questions, they answer
他们从太空中回复他 “你每天都变得越来越聪明”
him from space. “you are getting smarter every day”.
这个男人值得你的订阅 如果你还没有订阅他
This man deserves your subscription. If you’re not subscribed to him already I don’t know
我实在是不知道你在干什么 但是立刻去他的频道吧
what you’ve been doing with your life, but go over to his channel right now and subscribe
然后订阅每天更聪明一些(栏目名称) 相信我 你会感谢我的
to Smarter Every Day and trust me, you will thank me later.
最后 感谢收看 你知道的 我们一直合作了三年
And I want to thank you for watching. Y’know we have been working on this collaboration
当它真正问世的时候 这个感觉真的很棒
for about three years and it feels so good to have it finally out there in the world.
我希望你能像我们享受制作它一样 享受这个视频
I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed making it.
好了 我们下次再见
All right, I’ll see you next time.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

【OW】妆容.

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihv4f7VMeJw

相关推荐