未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

南北半球抽水马桶的漩涡方向不一样的背后原因

The Truth About Toilet Swirl - Northern Hemisphere

嗨~是我Destin
Hey it’s me Destin.
欢迎回到“机灵日”
Welcome back to Smarter Every Day.
这有个情况 我在北半球做了个视频
Here’s the deal. I’ve created a video in the northern hemisphere
来自“真理元素”的Derek在南半球也做了一个
and Derek from Veritasium has created one in the south.
将这两个视频同步播放 来看看会发生什么
You have to synchronize these two videos in order for this to make any sense
我确定一定以及肯定值得你这么做
but it’s totally worth it if you do.
点击视频说明里第一个链接
So click the first link in the video description,
准备好 然后根据我的指示同步播放
get the video ready, and then synchronize on my mark.
准备好了吗?
You ready?
5-4-3-2-1
5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1..
开始
Video.
(冲马桶的声音)
[toilet flush]
(音乐)
[music]
亚拉巴马州的亨茨维尔位于北纬34度
Here in Huntsville Alabama we’re at 34 degrees north latitude.
我们会发现水流旋转的方向与在南半球相反
– And we’re gonna find out if the water swirls the opposite way here to how it does in the southern hemisphere.
我们会做一个权威性的视频 来一劳永逸地解决所有疑问
– We’re making the definitive video to settle this once and for all.
(耳语)网上还没人做过这样的实验 你会有所收获的
[whispers] It’s never been done on the internet. You’re gonna learn something.
(冲马桶)
[toilet flush]
我在纪录片里看到过
So I have seen documentaries that seem to indicate that
你在哪个半球会决定漩涡的方向
which hemisphere you’re in determines which way the water is gonna swirl,
但也有一些人很自信地说
but there’s this other group of people and they seem really confident
这跟你所处的地方无关 水是随意旋转的
that it doesn’t matter where you’re at, the water’s gonna swirl however it wants.
那么你有没有自己观察过 找出你家马桶里漩涡的方向?
But have you ever just looked for yourself and figured out which way your toilet swirls?
在亚拉巴马州我注意到水流逆时针旋转 但有些是顺时针
Here is Alabama I’ve noticed that some turn counter-clockwise, and some go clockwise.
你知道大部分的马桶多少带一些喷射
You see most toilets have little jets in it,
所以漩涡的方向取决于马桶的设计 无论你在哪个半球
so the swirl direction is determined by the design of the toilet and not which hemisphere you’re in.
所以这是个谜
So it’s a myth.
跨越赤道并不意味着方向会改变
Crossing the equator does not mean the toilet’s gonna change directions.
那如果去车库做个更严密的实验会怎么样呢
But what if we come into the garage and do a more controlled experiment?
这是一个半径1.5米的儿童水池
This is a one and a half meter kiddy pool.
我要用放水时漩涡相反的方向在注入水
Instead of filling the pool with no vorticity at all I’m going against the way it’s supposed to drain.
所以我在尝试沿顺时针方向装满水
So I’m trying to fill it with the flow going clockwise.
静置一整天 那么水就能完全静止
So let’s let the water settle for a complete day so that we know that it’s perfectly still.
我不会把手伸进去拉开塞子 因为这样会搅起波澜
I’m not gonna reach in and pull the plug out because that would induce some vorticity.
我要用这个阀门 已经连接好水池底部的阀门
I’m gonna use this valve that I have connected to the bottom of the pool.
祝我好运吧 Derek
Good luck Derek.
好的 打开阀门 3-2-1
OK opening the valve in 3.. 2.. 1..
水流出去了
Water should be flowing.
水流了有一阵了不过我还没看到什么异常
OK water’s been flowing for a couple of minutes and I haven’t seen anything yet
所以加些染料
so we’re gonna put some dye in it.
出来了!就像龙卷风一样 一下子就出来了
Check it out, it’s like a tornado, like right off the bat.
我这边是逆时针旋转
We’ve got a counter-clockwise rotation.
我们顺时针地填满现在它在逆时针旋转
We filled it up clockwise and now it’s going counter-clockwise.
水池在车库里但整个地球都在旋转
We have a kiddy pool in my garage and the whole earth is rotating,
水流呈逆时针旋转
and the water is going counter-clockwise,
因为我在北半球
because I’m in the northern hemisphere.
这是真的 真的耶!
It’s real! This is real.
我们刚刚证实了这个 因为刚才我们控制好了变量
We just proved it because we just eliminated variables.
科里奥利效应是真的!
The coriolis effect is real!
想象一下 北极点附近一个池子
Think about a pool near the north pole.
地球绕着轴转 所以水池也跟着每天绕轴转一圈
The earth is spinning on its axis so the pool spins around the pole once a day.
整个水池都在移动 但是靠近赤道的一边有着更大的动能
The whole pool is moving but the part that’s closest to the equator has more momentum
靠近极点的一边动能少
and the part that’s closest to the pole has less.
考虑到中央排水的速度
Think about these velocities relative to the drain in the middle.
当我们拉开塞子 所有的水开始朝中心移动
When we pull the plug, all the water starts moving towards the middle.
靠近赤道的一边速度更快 以至于超过了排水的速度
The side nearest the equator is going faster, so that water outruns the drain,
但极点一边的水速度慢 落后了
but the water nearest the pole is going slower so it falls behind.
所以当水到达排水口时 它逆时针旋转
So when the water approaches the drain, it swirls counter-clockwise.
这也是北半球飓风逆时针旋转的原因
This is the reason hurricanes swirl counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere.
飓风的中心气压低 就像排水口一样
The center of the hurricane has lower pressure just like a drain,
所以它像我们的水池一样 逆时针旋转
so the hurricane swirls just like our pool.
那就是马桶漩涡的真相
And that’s the truth about toilet swirl.
真是棒极了 你怎么想?
That was awesome. What’d you think?
这是第一次在网上两地同时开始的实验
It’s the first internet experiment from two different locations.
相当酷 不过你
Pretty cool stuff, but you..
所以
– So..
没有
– Nope.
去给Derek点赞
Subscribe to Derek.
事实上我要去他的频道确认一下你去了那边
I’m gonna actually go to his channel and make sure that you end up over there.
去真理元素 集体点赞 走吧 现在就去
Let’s go to Veritasium, invade it and subscribe it. Let’s go, here we go.
哦 这些是我的点赞者的一部分
– Oh hey, these are some of my subscribers.
我很期待看到你们在这
I am so glad to see you here
给Destin的频道点赞
While you’re here subscribe to Destin’s channel.
这是个好看的频道
This is a good looking channel.
我喜欢你的logo
I like your logo.
我喜欢你在这得到的成果
That’s.. I like what you’ve got going on over here.
好吧 希望你们喜欢这次的合作节目 它真的很有趣
– OK I hope you enjoyed this really interesting collaborative episode of Smarter Every Day.
我由衷感谢Derek Muller 真理元素的Derek Muller博士
I want to thank 100% Derek Muller, Dr Derek Muller of Veritasium.
谢谢 Destin
– Thank you Destin.
这有个问题 很严重
– No, so here’s the deal. Seriously.
我们三年前就得出来这个结论
We came up with this three years ago.
没错
– No lie.
没错 三年前在油管总部我们就决定要合作
– No lie, three years ago at YouTube headquarters we decided we were gonna collaborate.
Derek马上做了他的部分
Derek did his version almost immediately.
两年前
– Two years ago.
两年前 所以只花了他一年时间
– Two years ago, so it only took him a year.
花了我……Derek主要是得飞到亚拉巴马去帮我
It took me.. Derek basically had to fly to Alabama to help me do it. [laughs]
就像我不来这 实验就不做了
– It’s like if I don’t come here, this is never gonna get done.
好吧Derek来到亚拉巴马 我们 我们在这 三更半夜准备了这个水池
– Alright so Derek flew to Alabama and we.. here we are, preparing this pool in the middle of the night.
所以我要告诉你们的是 希望你们去他的频道点赞
So, what I’m trying to tell you is, I want you to go to Derek’s channel and subscribe.
因为这相当不容易
This is a very hard push.
去真理元素 给真理元素点赞
Go to Veritasium, subscribe to Veritasium.
他干了所有的力气活
He does all kinds of physics stuff.
真的很酷 你会喜欢的
It’s really cool, you will enjoy it.
现在 我想告诉你们
I’m telling you that right now.
我们成为朋友有一阵了
We’ve been friends for a really long time.
我们的频道类型相同
Our channels are about the same size.
所以……你们应该给真理元素点赞
Just.. You should be subscribed to Veritasium.
所以我现在建议 只点击Derek
So I will suggest that to you now. Just click on Derek.
点击我的脸
– Click on my face.
点击他的脸 开始吧
– Click on his face, do that.
那么你准备排空水池?
And.. you ready to drain this pool?
排空吧
– Let’s drain this pool.
已经三年了
– I think it’s been three years.
我已经等着排空这个水池等了三年
– I’ve been waiting three years to drain this pool.
(笑)去给真理元素点赞吧 我是Destin 你在收看“机灵日”
– [laughs] Go subscribe to Veritasium. I’m Destin, you’re getting Smarter Every Day.
祝你愉快
Have a good one.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

关于厕所漩涡的真相-北半球,还有南半球的部分哟,同样因地球自转产生的效应还有河岸的陡缓,注意到河的南北两岸哪侧比较陡吗?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

HOUKI

审核员

审核团审核员XD

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDorTBEhEtk

相关推荐