ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

与青少年抑郁症作斗争 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

与青少年抑郁症作斗争

The truth about teen depression | Megan Shinnick | TEDxYouth@BeaconStreet

一个月前的这一天 我坐在医院的床边
About a month ago today, I sat on the edge of my hospital bed,
我问自己一个简单的问题:为什么
and I asked myself the simple question, “Why?”
我奋斗了这么久才
I had worked for years to be where I was,
成为一位合创了两家成功的非盈利机构的社会活动家
a young social activist, who co-created two successful non-profit organizations,
一名好学生 一位较合格的朋友
a good student, and an even better friend,
和一个充满正能量 活力满满的女孩
and a girl who never lacked positivity nor energy.
我问自己为什么这么久以来一直无视自己脑海中的想法
I asked myself why I had ignored what was going on in my head for so long,
就只为了维持这种荣誉
simply to maintain this reputation.
当这些奇怪的事情发生的时候
I had already accomplished so much in my life,
我已经取得了很多成就
when strange things began happening to me.
过去 即使我热衷于学业
When even though I was incredibly academically motivated in the past,
却不能完成我的家庭作业
I couldn’t seem to do homework,
我远离朋友 整周都没接电话
and I removed myself from friends, I didn’t answer my phone for a week,
还拒绝去上学
and I refused to go to school,
早上起床也是一件不可能的事
and getting out of my bed in the morning seemed impossible.
现在 回顾过往
Now, looking back,
我意识到必须得重新定义何为成功才行
I realize that I had to redefine what success was.
因为如果之前我所做过的事情
Because if everything I’d done in my life, leading up to that point,
算是成功的话 那为什么现在我却坐在医院里呢
deemed me successful, why was I siting in the hospital?
我认为我能找到这种新标准
I realize that my ability to find this new normal,
能适应这种新发现的共鸣
my ability to adapt to this new-found empathy,
这就是我成功的原因
that’s what made me successful.
被诊断出有临床忧郁症
Being got diagnosed with clinical depression
让我意识到成功是什么
is what it took for me to realize what success was.
生活还在继续 我站在这里不是只讲述我的故事
Though I could go on, I’m not here to simply tell you all about my story.
我想告诉你们的是 这不仅仅是发生在我身上
I am here to tell you why I think this is happening not only to me
国内患有抑郁的青少年数量惊人
but to a dangerous number of teenagers in this country.
这个数字逐年增加
A statistics that is increasing every year
这也是为什么你们之中的每个人 需要为了那些在抑郁和焦虑中苦苦挣扎的青少年们
and why each one of you needs to advocate for programs and schools for teens
向社会项目和学校倡议
that are suffering from depression and anxiety.
社会中的抑郁现象 并不明显
Depression in our society is not obvious
不是说走在大街上或者穿过走廊的时候就能看到
when you are walking down the street or the hallway,
但是只要打开你的手提电脑 手机 或者便签本
but simply open your laptops, your smartphones, your tablets,
再或者搜一下谷歌 你就能发现抑郁
and do maybe one Google search, and you will be blown away.
我谷歌了一下
After my one Google search,
发现一项今年春天的研究
I found that after a study conducted in this spring,
调查了160万条微博
1.6 million Tumblr blogs were examined
其中20万条的图片、视频和文章包含了
and of those, 200,000 contained pictures, videos, and text posts
青少年因抑郁而自残的内容
of teenagers hurting themselves due to depression.
是因为我们可以通过科技来表达时刻存在的情感吗?
Is it because we now have the technology to express an ever-present feeling
还是抑郁现象加剧了呢?
or is it something greater?
以下现象也仅仅只是巧合吗?
Is it just a coincidence
学校体制越来越严苛 测试标准越来越难
that school systems and standardized tests are getting harder
大学录取率连年下降
and college acceptance rates are going down,
社会各处都在强迫人们要墨守成规
and the pressures to be stereotypical men or women are everywhere?
我们 或者说这个社会能为
Is it possible that we, that this society, is the thing responsible
那些远远超过致命性疾病并且还在不断增加的慢性疾病负责吗
for the increasing disease that is more than capable of killing?
我们不谈论那么多
And we don’t talk about it much
因为抑郁通常被认为是阶段性的 或者激素有问题 再不然就是过于多愁善感了
because it is often deemed a phase, or hormones, or being overemotional.
通常 当涉及到类似于抑郁这类的精神疾病
Oftentimes, conversations regarding mental illnesses such as depression
人们就转移到与其风马牛不相及的话题
result in words being thrown around that are nearly irrelevant.
抑郁不是伤心这种情感
Depression is not the emotion sadness.
抑郁是处于中和性之下的一种状态
Depression is a state of being below neutrality.
而悲伤就是平常的情感 跟幸福一样
Sadness is an emotion that comes and goes just as happiness does.
我最不能忍受的是有人过来问我 说了这些话
My biggest pet peeve is when someone comes up and says something along the lines of:
“我之前就是有一点抑郁” “我现在真的特别抑郁”
“I’m sorry, I was just depressed earlier, I’m so depressed right now.”
抑郁不常发生,只有累积到一定阶段才会有抑郁的状态
Depression does not just come and go, it’s there.
它也是美国青少年第三大死因
And it is the third largest cause of death among teenagers in this country.
一年有4400个孩子自杀
4,400 kids commit suicide a year,
其中至少100个都成功了
and for everyone of those, at least 100 attempt.
所以今天 我站在这里 问你们一个
So now, I am standing here asking you all the same simple question
跟我在医院里问自己同样简单的问题:为什么
I asked myself when I was in the hospital: why?
但这次我要问:“为什么我们不能做更多阻止这些事情发生”
But this time it’s: “Why we are not doing more to prevent this?”
我的学校有一个Bridge项目
My school has a Bridge program for kids
旨在改变那些长期缺席的孩子们
that are transitioning in from an extended absence.
我们之中大多数人都饱受严重的抑郁和焦虑的困扰
Many of us had suffered from severe depression and severe anxiety,
这个项目拯救了我们之中大多数人的生命
and many of us said the program had saved our lives
因为它把我们的思想健康放在了第一位
because it puts our mental health first.
当我们承受的压力如泰山压顶 甚至连高中都无法安然度过的时候
How can we be expected to be successful in life
我们怎样才能成功
and go to a good college, and have a good career,
进入好的大学 有好的事业
if the pressure is too overwhelming, and we don’t even finish high school?
“Bridge”的工作人员与父母 老师和任何需要了解我们的人交谈
“Bridge” talks to our parents, teachers,
告诉他们发生了什么 来帮助我们应对抑郁
anyone we need to know what is going on in order to help us cope.
Bridge小组 有一位专业的协调人员
The Bridge team consists of an academic coordinator
对音乐有不可思议的品味
who has the weirdest taste in music,
这家伙经常听鲍勃·马利的歌和部落社会音乐
like this guy is either listening to Bob Marley or tribal music,
两者之间毫无关联
there is really none in between.
还有一位精神健康专家 经常有点笨手笨脚
We have a mental health specialist who is obsessed with mini butterfingers.
还有一位实习医师玩Bananagrams简直开挂了
An intern who is insanely good at bananagrams,
另一位实习医师特别聪明,在哈佛读书
and another intern who, though is very smart and goes to Harvard,
今年还写了两首用吉他演奏的歌
has yet to advance past two songs on the guitar this year.
这四个人虽然有点奇怪 却必不可少
But even so, this four people have become a both necessary and life changing asset
正是他们改变了我和其他的Bridge学生的生活
in mine and other Bridge students’ lives.
我在这请求大家帮我一个小忙 向学校和董事会提议
I am here to ask you all a quick favour, a quick favour to advocate to schools,
这些项目
advocate to your school boards for these programs.
因为当我身处精神医院时
Because when I was in the mental hospital,
我遇到一个女孩儿 叫简
I met a girl, we can call her Jane,
她已经在那家医院呆了好几周
and Jane had been there for weeks
我从没有遇到过与我感同身受的人
and I’d never met someone who understood what I was going through,
直到遇到她 我才知道她感受到与我同样的痛苦和恐惧
and now I know that she felt the exact pain, had the exact fear as me,
她在那儿呆的几周
she had been there for weeks,
是她第三次医院治疗 而她的学校没有给予她任何支持
it was her third hospitalization and her school had no support for her.
我告诉她Bridge 项目 她惊呆了
I told her about Bridge, and she was blown away
原来还有关注抑郁的项目存在
that something like that existed.
我们应该做些什么 不能坐以待毙 看着因抑郁而自杀的人数不断增加
We shouldn’t have to wait for this statistics to get higher,
自杀的青少年人数飞涨
and the number of teens to skyrocket,
因为如果我们能在一个月之内为渐冻人症 筹集1千万美元
because if we have the power to raise 100 million dollars in a month for ALS,
我们也有能力向提倡学校使用这些项目
we have the power to advocate to schools for programs.
我还在建立另外一个非盈利组织
I’m in the process of creating another non-profit organization
为学校提供必要的资金
of which provides schools with funding necessary
来为青少年创立这些项目
to create these programs for teens.
请继续关注这个组织
So please be on the lookout for that.
同时
But in the meantime,
如果你没有抑郁症 或者你没听说过谁得了抑郁症
if you don’t have depression or if you don’t know anyone who does,
那就为社会中10%到15%的正在抑郁泥沼中苦苦挣扎的人倡导这些项目吧
advocate for the 10% to 15% of our society that are suffering from this disease.
我们很幸运生活在这个国家
We are so blessed to live in a country where our voices,
在这里 我们的声音被倾听 它们能发挥作用
our voices are meant to be heard, and they actually mean something.
所以今天在这里 听我演讲的其中一部分人
So if just some of you, who listen to me talk today,
向你们的学校董事会发出倡议 不论是恳求还是要求这些项目得以推广
advocate to your school boards and you beg, plead, demand that programs are set up,
可能你写了封请愿书来寻求校方支持
and maybe you start a petition, and it’s for school funder’s support,
不论你做什么 只要你开始行动起来 总能改变生活中的一些事情
whatever you do, just do something, the impact would be life changing.
我们可以一起与这个控制了许多人的疾病斗争
Together, we can fight this disease that is controlling so many of us.
而如果你正在与抑郁作斗争
And if you’re out there, you’re dealing with the depression,
那就将你对它的仇恨转化成
turn the energy that you have towards hatred for this awful thing
正能量来做出改变
into energy for change.
因为团结起来 我们就能打败它
Because together we can fight back,
绝不让步 我们不能让抑郁再得逞
and we can’t let it win, we can’t let depression win anymore.
是时候还击了
It’s time to fight back.
谢谢
Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

BRIDGE项目帮助我们共同对抗青少年抑郁症

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Amy

审核员

HZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txJGm6zhiBA

相关推荐