ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

没人告诉过你成功的真相 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

没人告诉过你成功的真相

The Truth about Success That Nobody Is Telling You | Former Equinox President Sarah Robb O'Hagan

我认为通过撰写《做最好的你自己》这本书以及采访
I think that the wonderful thing that I learned writing the book Extreme You and interviewing
一些全世界最杰出的成功人士——每一个人
some of the most extraordinarily successful people in the world—I mean everyone
从康多丽扎·赖斯(美国前国务卿)到博德·米勒(高山滑雪运动员)以及卡通先生(纹身艺术家)
from Condoleezza Rice to Bode Miller the downhill skier, Mister Cartoon who is a tattoo artist
我采访了来自各行各业、各种不同领域的获得了惊人成就的人们 我学到最棒的东西就是
I’ve interviewed people from all walks of life who have achieved incredible success in very different areas.
我发现他们他们有一个共同点 就是即便他们已经获得了成功
And what I found with all of them is that even when they achieved success
我们大多数人会认为这已经是人生的巅峰了
like what most of us would consider the pinnacle.
我是说就像奥运会金牌就是奖给那些世界巅峰能力的人 对吧
I mean an Olympic gold medal is about as good as it gets, right?
但他们会说:“我不会休息的 我要更近一步地发挥自己的能力
They would then say, “Okay, I’m restless to get more out of myself
而且我要超越自己 去接受下一个挑战”
and I want to break myself down and take on the next challenge.”
我认为这是非常棒的
And that, to me, was pretty spectacular to see.
就好像对他们来说成功不是一个目标 而是一个不断前行的旅程
It’s like for them success is not a goal, it’s just an ongoing journey.
并且每当他们完成了某事 他们会发现自己仍然有未发掘的潜力
And every time they achieve something they realize that there’s more of their own potential to unlock
所以成为最好的你自己就是在你潜力的每一个层面都做到最大限度
So to be Extreme You is to be maximizing every aspect of your own personal potential, and
这意味着你要真正了解自己是一个怎样的人 你独特的天赋是什么
that means really understanding who you are, what are your unique gifts
你的特质是什么 你有什么有趣的地方
what are your idiosyncrasies, what are the funny things about you
什么让你为之一振并感觉非常棒
what blows your hair back and makes you feel amazing?
还有哪些地方你不是那么强
And also where are you not as strong?
哪些问题上你糟透了
Like where do you suck?
哪些东西对你丝毫不起作用
Where do things not work for you?
然后当你真的理解了这些并且真的迫使自己每件事都做到最好
And then when you understand that and then really push yourself to maximize everything
这对你和你的自我完善来说是非常棒的 这就是做最好的你自己
that is great about you and play your game on your own terms, that’s being Extreme you
这是非常令人感到满足的 当你发挥你的最强项
It’s incredibly fulfilling because I think when you are playing to your greatest strengths
就像我们都有过这种经历——你处在这样的工作/环境里
like we’ve all had that experience when you’re in a job or in an environment that
它让你茁壮成长 并且每天你去工作的时候都充满了自信
just makes you thrive and you come into work every day and you feel super confident and
你就是在做你自己
you just can be yourself.
这就是这么做会有的的感觉
And that is what it feels like.
但在相反的情况下 当你发现你自己在一个并不适合你自己的组织里面
And the polar opposite is when you find yourself in an organization that just doesn’t sort of fit with who you are
你不得不强迫自己融入进去并试着不去惹麻烦
and you’re having to edit yourself in and try not to get into trouble
不要做错事情
or do things the wrong way.
所以做最好的自己感觉非常棒 并且这是一种状态
So it feels pretty amazing to be Extreme You, and it also is generally a place
当你把自己推出舒适区
when you are kind of pushing yourself outside your comfort zone.
就像你有信心去接受一个更大的挑战 有些事情你还没有做
Like you have the confidence to take on bigger challenges and things that you haven’t done
因为你知道你在发挥自己的最强项
because you know that you’re playing to your strengths.
这就是我所说的第一件事 我称之为“自我检查”
So the first thing I definitely say is, it’s about what I call “checking yourself out”.
这意味着你真的了解自己喜欢什么 你最强的能力是什么
And that means like really understanding what you love and what your greatest skills are.
这很有趣 因为现今有很多媒体在告诉年轻人
And it’s funny, like there’s a lot of media around there today saying to young people,
“找到你所热爱的 然后你会变得快乐”
you know, “Find your passion and then you’ll be happy.”
然后我就觉得“你不可能谷歌一下就发现自己热爱的是什么!”
And I’m like, “You can’t do a Google search and find your passion!”
你需要走出去 尝试 知道吗?
You actually have to get out there and try stuff, you know?
到实地亲身试一试 做一做
And get in there and really try it.Do it.
体验所有不同的东西
Like experience all sorts of different things.
因为到那时候你才会知道你哪些地方做的好 哪些地方做的糟糕
Because that’s when you’ll notice where you really shine and frankly where you suck.
我的意思是我个人可以讲一讲在运动行业工作的感受
I mean I personally can speak about working in the sports industry
我在这个行业真的是如鱼得水 相比之下我在电子游戏产业工作的时候真的糟透了
where I just was like a duck to water and loved it, compared to working in the video game industry where I sucked
我是说我真的和那些产品、那些选择在那里工作的人毫无共同点
I mean I just didn’t have anything in common with the products, the people that chose to
但是在这两种截然不同的环境下的感觉是同等重要的
And the feelings of being in those two different places were equally as important as each other
都是用于帮助我提炼出最极端的状况 找出我到底在哪里能够茁壮成长
to help me refine what was the most extreme version of where I would thrive.
我认为每个人需要去体验好的和坏的
And I think everybody needs to get in and experience the good and the bad to help sort
完善你自己的筛选系统
of refine your own filter.
我一开始写这本书的真正原因是我发现自己已经处于30岁的尾巴了
The reason I actually wrote this book in the first place is I found myself in my late 30s.
我总算是在职业上获得了一些可以被认为是成功的成就
I had finally, finally achieved some what society would consider successes in my career.
我作为董事长成功地领导一个价值50亿美元的事业扭转了颓势 这绝对是一个不小的成就
I had led the turnaround of a five-billion dollar business as its president which is obviously no small feat.
我开始看那些关于我的文章以及当我演讲时那些用来介绍我的语句
And I started seeing articles that were written that would refer to me, or my bio read out when I’m giving a speech
它们都说“她做了这些很棒的事 她做了那些很棒的事 她领导了这个公司
And it would say, ‘She did this great thing, She did that great thing, She led this company.
她被媒体称作这个 她太棒了”
She’s being called this in the media.She’s amazing.”
我局促不安地坐在椅子上想着 “天哪
And I literally would sit there squirming in my chair going, “Oh my god.
没有人说的是实话!”
No one’s telling the truth!!”
因为真相是我一路上经历了一些很尴尬糟糕的事情
Because the truth is I’ve had some really embarrassing fuck-ups along the way.
我认为年轻人们知道这一点很重要——那些成功的人
And I think it’s important for young people to see that those who become successful have
全都经历过那些毫无把握的时刻 那些平庸的时刻
had all those moments of uncertainty, all those moments of frankly averageness.
我就是那种典型的B等生 从来没有进过最好的运动队 从来没有在合唱团里独唱过
I mean I was that classic B-student, never made the top sports team, never made the choir solos
从来没有被选中做任何事情
Like never got picked for anything.
但是我始终坚持学习和完善自己
But still I managed to go on learning and refining
找出在哪些方面我能实现个人的成功
to figure out where I would achieve my personal success.
我相信这条路对于任何人来说都是存在的
And I believe that that path exists for absolutely everyone.
但是我们现在有这样一种成功文化 正好和我所说的相反
But we have a culture of success right now that would say otherwise.
比如当你把社交媒体的世界整合起来看
Like when you combine the world of social media
我们在这里把那些精修过的图片展示给全世界
where all of us are putting these perfectly coiffed pictures into the world
然后你把40岁的归在40岁的列表里 30岁的在30岁列表里
and then you throw in the whole 40 under 40 list, 30 under 30 list
世界上每个人显然都成功了 除了你
Everyone in the world is apparently crushing it except for you.
很难相信你不会成功
Like it’s really hard to believe that you can’t become great
但是从我自己的故事里我发现 不成功是可能的
but yet I know from my story that it was possible
然后我就有了这个任务——去采访那些超级成功的人来佐证我的观点
and then I went on this mission to interview some really, really successful people to prove my case.
而且我完全证实了我的观点 因为我从书里找到的
And I totally proved my case, because what I found in the book
我把它们编写成一个做到最好的自己的方法
and I effectively codified into a method of how you get the best out of yourself
那就是世界上每一个成功人士都不是一开始就知道自己会成功的
was that every successful person in the world did not start knowing that they were going to get there.
基本上每个人一开始都没有那些与生俱来的天赋
Pretty much every one of them did not start with these natural god-given talents.
他们中的大部分人最后都在一个和最开始的预想完全不同的领域获得了成功
Most of them ended up succeeding in a field that was completely different to what they originally expected.
所以这是一个真实的故事 关于去体验、去尝试的意愿
So it was a real story of willingness to experience and try things
并且最终弄清在哪个领域你能够茁壮成长
and then eventually figure out where you’re going to thrive.
我学到最后的一点是先前那些经历
And I think the last lesson in all of it was that even those experiences early on
你觉得你把N年的时间花在了错的职业上或者错的方向上
where you feel like you’ve put X number of years into the wrong career or you’re going in the wrong direction
即便你转变了你的方向 那些早期的经验
even when you change directions those early experiences
实际上也对你最后的成功有所贡献 没有什么是浪费的
actually contribute to what becomes a great success, and nothing is wasted.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

《做最好的自己》的作者告诉你到底怎么样才能成功

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

墨桪

审核员

与光同尘

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVOmBlfApxY

相关推荐