未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

做一个“愚蠢”的人

The Truth about Being the "Stupidest" in the Room | Simon Sinek

The reality is, I’m an idot.
其实我是个愚蠢的人
like I’m not being, l’m not being flip about it, like
我这不是 不是在开玩笑
I don’t understand very complicated things.
我不懂很复杂的东西
and, so I asked a lot of questions.
所以我会问很多问题
so the person who is telling me something complicated
所以 如果有人跟我讲那种复杂的问题
who is talking in terms as if I understand them.
并且说的好像我理解他们一样
Finance or nuroscience, I don’t know what you’re talking about.
比如金融或者神经科学 我根本不知道他们在说什么
And I ask them questions just so that I understand it.
所以我会问他们问题好去理解他们说的这些东西
So were you saying this? No. That’s not what I’m saying.
所以你刚才说的是这个吗? 不 我说的不是那个
What are you saying? So,
那你在说什么 所以
I, I mean, I give you a perfect example.
这样 我给你举个很好的例子吧
So, a long time ago, I had a client.
很久以前 我有个客户
they were uhhh…
他们是 呃…
a public company and
一家上市公司
they brought me on, uhhh, to do something for them, but,
呃 他们让我做点事 但是
They invited me to sit in on a meeting
他们邀请我参加一个
from the consultant that they had hired.
他们聘请的顾问的会议
umm, and so, all the C level executives, and me
嗯 所有的高阶主管 还有我
And this consultant was giving the presentation about something on that.
然后有个顾问正在做演示
This is your marketing…
这是你的营销公司……
This is when I have my little marketing company.
这是我经营一个小营销公司时候的事
And all of C level executives sitting in there are nodding and
所有坐在那里的高阶主管都在点头
taking notes on the, you know, on the
做笔记 你懂的 就是
PowerPoint that they had printed in front of them
在他们面前打印的幻灯片上做笔记
I had this as well. But I don’t understand any freaking word of it.
我也有这个 但我一个字都不懂
Right? I was like, looking around, like, I’m,
对吧 我环顾四周
and I raised my hand and said “I’m really really sorry,
然后我举手说:“我真的真的很抱歉”
I know I am the only person in this room without a MBA.
我知道我是这个房间里唯一没有MBA学位的人
But this doesn’t make sense.
但这说不通
Like you said A plus B equal C,
就像你说的A + B = C
But based on your logic, A plus B equal D.
但根据你的逻辑 A + B = D
Can you just say it again? I’m really, I’m really sorry to slow the meeting down, everybody.”
你能再说一遍吗 我真的 我真的很抱歉让会议变慢了
You know, you can see the consultant getting frustrated with me
你知道 你可以看到那个顾问对我很失望
were trying to explain it again. And I said,
然后努力地再解释一遍 我说
“I’m so sorry.”
我很抱歉
And one by one,
然后一个接一个
all of the C level executives
所有的高阶主管
said “Yeah, I don’t understand it, either.”
都说:”是的 我也不明白“
Now the idiot have to spoken up,
所以团队中那个愚蠢的人必须大声说出来
and said they don’t understand. They won’t have nodded their heads.
说他们不明白 他们点不了头
For fear of looking stupid
他们怕因为不懂
cause I don’t understand.
所以显得很蠢
and they would pay a lot of money
所以他们会花很多钱
for documents they didn’t understand.
买他们不懂的文件
And they would never use it when it’s settled in the shelves.
所以文件买回来之后他们永远不会去用它们
umm, and it’s because I’m okay being an idiot.
因为我不介意做个白痴
Like, I’m not being flip but I’m okay.
我不是闹着玩 我真的不介意
Everybody in the room like ahh.
房间里的每个人都不耐烦
because I have to ask questions until I understand it
因为我得问问题 直到我弄明白
But the reality is once I can get to the point where I understand it
但事实是 一旦我理解了
and get it so simple that I understand it.
理解之后发现它非常简单
I can say it in simple terms. That means other people understand it too.
我就可以用更简单的方式来解释 这就意味着其他人也能理解
So it’s a lot of value being an idiot.
所以做一个“愚蠢的人”其实很有价值

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

为什么说做一个“愚蠢”的人,比做一个聪明的人有价值?

听录译者

呼儿嘿呀

翻译译者

审核员

审核员MORI

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLzo_oNVho

相关推荐