ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

动画师与动画故事 – 十周年 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

动画师与动画故事 - 十周年

The Story of Animator vs. Animation - 10 Year Anniversary

十年前的今天 我发布了一个作品 开启了我作为一个YouTube动画师的冒险生涯
Ten years ago today, I released the amination that would lead my adventural career as a YouTube animator.
为了纪念这个时刻 我决定分享关于它的故事
To commemorate this occasion I have decided to share its story.
说起来还挺有戏剧性的
It’s actually quite dramatic.
2005年 我进入高三 在家学习时第一次使用了一个网络远程教学程序
In 2005, I entered my junior year of high school and for the first time I was homeschooled through an online distance education program.
那时我们家五个人共用一台电脑 我能上网的时间不多
Until that point, the five people in my family shared one computer, giving me limited access.
但自从我加入这个网上学校 我的学校给了我一台笔记本电脑――我的第一台笔记本电脑
But since I was enrolled in this online school, the school provided me with a laptop; my first laptop ever.
这让我能自由地尝试制作动画
This gave me the freedom to experiment with animation as much as I wanted.
在我11岁时 有一段时间我在试验制作像素动画
Back when I was 11, I had a phase where I experimented with pixel animations,
但当我发现一个叫Macromedia Flash的多功能动画程序时 我知道我必须重新开始
but when I found out about a versatile animation program called Macromedia Flash, I had to get back into it.
后来我发现了一个可以投稿的网站――Newgrounds
I discovered a website where I could submit my animations to, called Newgrounds.
这个网站最棒的地方在于所有动画都直接呈现在首页
The amazing thing about this website is that all animations go directly to the front page
并且可以让所有访问的人评论 从而决定作品是否值得留在首页
and get reviewed by anyone who visits, to determine if it deserves to stay on the front page.
我制作的第一个完整的Flash动画叫做“粉红军队”
The first full-length Flash animation that I made was called “Pink Army”,
其中有一个小橙人在和一支小粉人军队作战
and involved an orange stick figure fighting an army of pink stick figures.
我把它上传到Newgrounds上 反响不错
I posted it on Newgrounds and it did alright.
为此我喜出望外 并乘胜追击
It didn’t get a bad score, which I was happy about, so I claimed my victory and moved on.
有一天 我灵光一闪 想要制作一个关于火柴小人在被创造的程序中 反抗它的创造者的动画
One day, I got inspiration to make a short animation about a stick figure that fights with its creator in the animation program itself.
我是怎么产生这个想法的呢
How did I get this idea?
事实上这个想法是众多灵感来源的合集
I can actually attribute many sources of inspiration to this idea.
作为“兔八哥”的忠实粉丝 动画短片“达菲鸭”真的很吸引我
Being a long time fan of Looney Tunes, the animated short “Duck Amuck” really appealed to me,
还有“阿罗和紫色蜡笔”的故事
as well as the story of “Harold and the Purple Crayon”.
我也在网上看了一些Flash动画和游戏 让我有了最终的灵感并产生了这个想法
I had also seen some Flash animations and games online that gave me the final spark to come up with the idea.
终于我的想法在2006年6月3号完成 前后花了将近三个月的时间
It took me about three months to finish, and on Saturday June 3rd, 2006,
我将它上传至Newgrounds 激动地期待着它的成绩
I uploaded it to Newgrounds.com, excited to see how it would do.
第二天早上 我发现我在全天榜排名第二
The next morning, I discovered that I had gotten second place for the whole day!
我兴奋极了 我以为差不多该结束了 然而一切才刚刚开始
I was so excited. I thought that was the end of it, but it was only the beginning.
很快我在AOL上收到各种各样的信息 网站所有者们想让我的动画在他们的网站上做主打
I started getting all kinds of messages on AOL Instant Messenger, from website owners that wanted to host my animation
on their website.
我还收到很多邮件
I also got e-mails. Lots of e-mails.
有一个人愿意付我75美元 只要我签署一份合同 给他们网站独家播放我的作品的权利
One guy offered to pay me $75 to host my animation on their site as long as I sign a contract to give them exclusive rights to the animation.
我制作动画纯属娱乐 却能让我赚到真金白银 这引起了我的注意
The idea of getting paid actual money, for animation that I made just for fun, got my attention,
特别是因为当时我还不曾有过工作 而且出生于一个生活拮据的家庭
especially since I had never had a job up to that point, and also grew up in a family that was financially struggling.
我打印了合同 签了名 扫描好
I printed out the contract, signed and scanned it,
当我打算回复那封邮件时 我看到就在它下方的另一封邮件上写着:
and as I was about to reply to the e-mail, I saw another one right underneath it that said:
不要签署任何关于你的动画的东西
“Don’t sign anything regarding your Flash.”
寄件人是史蒂夫 一个非常流行的Flash动画网站AlbinoBlackSheep的所有者
It was from Steve, the owner of AlbinoBlackSheep, a very popular Flash animation web site at the time.
我将以75美元的价格出售我动画事业的未来 但看了他的邮件后 我收了手
I was about to sell the future of my animation career for $75, but I read his email and ended up not doing it.
如果我真那么做了 我将不能在其他地方发布我的作品《动画师vs动画》
If I had done it, I wouldn’t have been allowed to post Animator vs. Animation anywhere else,
除了那75美元 也不能再通过这部作品赚钱
or make any money from it, besides the $75 that he paid me.
所以 他及时救了我
So he saved me in the nick of time.
后来 另一个十分流行的网站“eBaum’s World”在他们每周“最好的网络”帖子中发布了我的动画
Later, another very popular website called eBaum’s World posted my animation on their weekly “Best of the Web” post.
“eBaum’s World”因为在未经允许的情况下从网上窃取图片和视频而声名狼藉
eBaum’s World was infamous for taking images and videos from the internet without permission,
他们总在图片或视频的边角加水印“由 eBaum’s World 主办”
and stamping “hosted on ebaumsworld” in the corner of each image or video,
以牺牲内容创作者为代价
at the cost of content creators.
包括史蒂夫在内的很多人都认为利用我的动画来对抗“ eBaum’s World ”是一个完美的方式
many people including Steve saw my animation as the perfect way to fight back against eBaum’s World,
以我的动画为证 诉诸法律与其斗争
using my animation as evidence in a legal campaign against them.
“ eBaum’s World ”发现这件事后 便来联系我了
eBaum’s World found out about this and started messaging me.
那时 我主要关心的是拿回属于我的报酬 并对我的作品保留版权
At the time, my main concern was getting paid for my work, and keeping rights to my animation.
所以当“ eBaum’s World ”向我的作品支付250美元时 我收下了
So when eBaum’s World offered me $250 to pay me for my animation, I took it.
然后他们强迫我给他们做一个简短的证明 以恢复他们被玷污的形象
Then they pressured me into giving them a short testimonial, to restore their tainted image.
那件事把所有事情都搞砸了 史蒂夫觉得我背叛了他
That set the whole thing on fire, and Steve felt very betrayed by me.
看着消息记录里我和“ eBaum’s World ”的对话 我感到难堪
Looking at the instant messager conversations with eBaum’s from back then makes me cringe.
我就像一条小狗 他们就像对待小狗一样给我一些甜头
I was basically a puppy, and they were leading me with puppy treats.
他们让我参加他们的月度竞赛 说我赢了 将得到1000美元
They entered me into their monthly contest and told me that I’d won, and would receive $1,000.
但如果我还想从他们网站上撤走我的作品 我将什么都得不到
But if I still wanted them to pull my animation off the website, I wouldn’t receive any of it.
他们甚至提出让我建立自己的网站
They even offered to make me my own website.
但在和史蒂夫谈过之后 我决定返还那250美元
But after talking to Steve I decided to give them back the $250,
并正式要求他们删除动画和证明
and officially asked them to remove the animation and the testimonial.
你们可以在“ eBaum’s World ”的维基百科词条上找到关于这件事的详情
You can find the details of this on the Wikipedia page of eBaum’s World.
那是我目前在维基百科唯一存在的地方
It’s currently the only place that I exist on Wikipedia.
一个叫phaseblue的人在一个叫做“你现在是个男人了”的网站上了戏剧性地编写了整个事件
A guy named phaseblue created dramatizations of the whole thing on a website called “You’re The Man Now Dawg”
看起来也很有趣 好笑的是他设想我长的像罗杰斯先生
and they’re very entertaining to watch. It’s funny that he assumed that I look like Mr. Rogers.
你可以在视频说明处找到相关链接
You can find links to those in the description.
故事到这里仍未完 虽然大部分戏剧性的已经结束了
The story doesn’t end there, although most of the drama is over.
所有这些都发生在YouTube成为主流视频平台之前
All of this happened before YouTube became a mainstream video platform.
《动画师vs动画》爆炸性地传遍整个互联网 却不属于任何一个主流网站
Animator vs. Animation was exploding all over the internet, and there was no main website where it existed.
我得到了大量的关注 但没有得到任何报酬
I was getting a ton of attention, but not getting paid for any of it.
然后 atomfilms.com提出愿意为制作续集提供资金
Then atomfilms.com offered to fund the making of a sequel,
这就是《动画师vs动画II》的由来 它于同年11月4日发布
and that is how Animator vs. Animation II came about, and it was released November 4th of that same year.
我没有多加考虑便在动画中加入了我实际的AOL账号名称
Not thinking about the consequences, I included my actual AOL screen name in the animation,
结果让我自己再也不能使用AIM
And set myself up to never be able to use AIM again,
我无时无刻不被那些铺天盖地的简讯刷屏
without withstanding the overwhelming spam of instant messages every single time.
不久 一个十四岁的孩子 名叫Charles Yeh 提出要做一个动画游戏
Shortly after, a fourteen year old kid named Charles Yeh offered to make a game of the animation,
看着他精彩非凡的作品 我同意与他合作
and looking at his impressive work I agreed to collaborate with him on it.
你现在仍然可以在我的网站上玩这个游戏
You can still play this game on my website.
直到2007年 我才意识到可以把我的作品放在YouTube上
It wasn’t until 2007 that I realized that YouTube was a place I should be putting my stuff.
当我开始上传我的作品时 YouTube上已经有了几百份拷贝
When I actually uploaded my animations, hundreds of copies of them already existed on YouTube,
而且已经有了几百万的点击量
and already had millions of views.
我几乎无法和他们竞争 因为他们已经在搜索结果的顶端了
It was nearly impossible for me to compete with them, since they were always on the top of the search results.
但我想到可以举报他们侵犯版权
But as I came to learn that I could report copyright infringements,
我将那些视频一个个击倒 直到我出现在搜索结果的顶端
I knocked off videos one by one until I was at the top of the search results,
但那花了我几年的时间
but that took a few years.
后来 在无数请求的催促下 我又制作了一部动画 作为三部曲的终章
Then, pushed by countless requests for number three, I gave in and made an animation to be the epic finale to the trilogy,
以剧烈地爆炸告终 蓝屏为死亡的谢幕
concluding with a violent explosion and a blue screen of death.
我想确保不会再有续集出现
I wanted to make sure that no sequel could come out of that.
所以在那一刻 我完结了《动画师vs动画》
So at that point I was done with Animator vs. Animation.
我开始上大学学习动画 目标是在皮克斯工作
I went off to college to study animation, and my goal was to work at Pixar.
在连续两年没能进入他们的实习项目后
After not getting accepted to their internship program two years in a row,
我开始在需要动画的小型企业寻找工作
I started looking for work at small businesses in the area that needed animation.
但在毕业前不久 我的老师汤姆告诉我 “看 你有一个庞大的粉丝群
But shortly before graduating, my teacher Tom told me, “Look, you have a massive fan base,
还有一个有着巨大潜力的独特系列作品 如果不继续下去 那将是一种浪费”
and a unique series with so much potential. It would be a waste not to continue it.”
所以 在哥伦布艺术与设计学院毕业后
So, right after graduating from Columbus College of Art & Design,
我发起了一个Kickstarter众筹活动 资助《动画师与动画IV》的制作
I launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund the making of Animator vs. Animation IV.
当我开始众筹时 我大概有12000个订阅者
When I started that campaign I had about 12,000 subscribers,
但发布完成的动画不久后
but shortly after releasing the finished animation,
订阅者增长到10万 这给了我很大的动力继续前进
it grew to 100,000 subscribers, which gave me a huge boost of inspiration to keep going.
于是我接着制作了《动画vs创世》
So then I made Animation vs. Minecraft,
一个月之内订阅者就增长到一百万
and within a month it grew to one million subscribers.
今天我们的订阅者将近两百万
And here we are today, with a subscriber count at nearly 2,000,000.
在这里非常感谢所有关注我动画的人
So thank you so much to everyone who’s been following my animation so far.
我知道你们很多人从一开始就关注了我
I know many of you have been following me from the very beginning.
我特别要感谢AlbinoBlackSheep网站的史蒂夫.勒纳
So I’d especially like to thank Steve Lerner of AlbinoBlackSheep.com,
在最后一秒挽救了我的动画生涯
for saving my animation career in the last second,
还有汤姆给了我把动画事业扩展得如此之大的动力
as well as Tom Richner, for giving me the push I needed to grow this channel to what it is today.
我在描述中提供了他们网站的链接
I’ve provided links to their sites in the description.
如果您看完了这个视频 我将十分感谢
Props to you if you watched the whole video.
如果您还没看完 也请多多支持我的Facebook
If you haven’t yet, be sure to like my Facebook page,
我时常在那里更新动态
since that’s where I post frequent updates.
如果你想成为一个赞助人 也可以到我的Patreon页面
And also check out my Patreon page if you’d like to become a patron.
如果你还没有看过我的其他频道 可以看看我的一个教学频道 我在那里教动画制作
And if you haven’t checked out my other channels yet, I have a tutorial channel where I teach animation,
还有一个Minecraft频道
as well as a Minecraft channel.
感谢收看 让我们共同期待未来十年的更多精彩
So thanks for watching, and here’s to the next 10 years.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频介绍了一位年轻动画师在十年前创作的一部创意十足、备受欢迎的作品给他的动画生涯带来的机遇与挑战。让我们共同期待下一个十年,期待动画师带给我们更多精彩的作品。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

皇冠下的人~

审核员

审核员 GK

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zj5mj1DHOk

相关推荐