ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

七宗罪 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

七宗罪

The Seven Deadly Sins

传统的基督教教义提及了很多罪人
Christianity has, traditionally, spoken a lot about sinners.
公元四世纪 教会定义了“七宗罪”:
In the fourth century, the Church identified ‘seven deadly sins’:
正派的人强烈谴责和远离这些性格上的缺陷
failings of character that were to be particularly condemned and avoided by all righteous people.
包括:傲慢(势利且自大)
They were; Pride (being snobbish and boastful)
妒忌 暴怒(及其愤怒)
Envy, Wrath (getting very angry),
贪食(暴食) 淫欲(总想和别人发生性关系)
Gluttony (eating too much), Lust (wanting to sleep around)
懒惰(总是偷懒)和最后一宗 贪婪
Sloth (being lazy) and finally Greed.
基督教将这些看作严重的灵魂缺陷
Christianity took these to be severe faults of the soul
把这类人归为最应接受责备和惩罚的目标
that marked out a person as a fitting target for scolding and punishment.
在审判日那天 上帝会亲自
God himself would, on the Day of Judgement,
无情地惩罚罪人 把他们送入黑暗的炼狱 忍受千年的折磨
be remorseless with sinners and send them to spend millennia in the darker, more tortured bits of Purgatory.
我们今天也许没法精准使用这样传统的神学词汇
We may not use precisely such traditional, theological words today,
而且我们可能无法想象 造物者也掌管着
and we may not imagine the Creator of the Universe as someone who organises chastisement
阴间的罪人
for people beyond the grave.
但是 在对待人性的缺陷
But, in the spirit in which we interpret failings of character
以及人们无论是虚拟的还是现实中的不幸时
and respond to people’s less fortunate sides in the online and real worlds,
我们趋于保持类似地谴责和不宽容的态度
we tend to retain a similarly damning and ungenerous set of attitudes.
我们可能会觉得 严厉的要求能改善人性
We may feel that, through our harshness, we are helping humanity to improve,
但如果这真是我们的目标 那么除了单纯的谴责
but if this is really our goal, then it pays to move beyond mere condemnation
我们需要努力去理解 到底是什么导致了他们可悲的一幕
in an attempt to understand what truly drives people in their more regrettable moments.
我们偶然发现了一个惊人的事实:我们称之为“罪过”的行为并不那么简单
We stand to stumble on a surprising truth: behaviour we call sinful is never simply that.
在困难和悲痛面前 这些“罪行”是首先想到的糟糕的反应
It represents an unfortunate first response to difficulty and distress that could,
如果他人能正确地理解 引导和宽恕我们的罪过 结局可能会更美好
if it were properly understood, guided and forgiven, be redirected towards nobler ends.
我们不是恶魔 尽管处处感到痛苦
We aren’t evil, so much as in a lot of pain in a series of areas.
让我们来依次看看这七宗罪:
Let’s consider each of the seven sins in turn:
傲慢——其出现犹如伴随我们一生的吹嘘和炫耀
Pride – It can appear as if we end up boasting and grandstanding
因为我们对自己十分满意 事实远非如此
because we’re so pleased with ourselves. Far from it.
吹嘘只是一种 对不可捉摸的情绪 的回应
Boasting is only ever a response to a feeling of invisibility.
我们迫切需要表现自我的重要性
We badly need to thrust forward an idea of our own importance
因为(在幕后)我们相当怀疑自己存在的意义
because (behind the scenes) our very right to exist seems so much in question.
我们认为 别人肯定会贬低我们——
We see it as almost inevitable that others will think ill of us –
除非我们能迫切而又显著的肯定我们存在的意义
unless we urgently and dramatically assert our greatness.
那就是 对所有人来说 骄傲并非坏事的原因
That is why, of all people, the proud don’t need to be told they are terrible;
这恰恰是他们进行自我暗示的方法
this is precisely what they secretly think they are already.
他们需要鼓励 以在其功绩方面真切地感到自豪
They need encouragement to feel a more genuine pride in their own merits –
—— 从而避免不断地近似发狂地博得他人的注意
and then to be spared the manic impulse constantly to call them to the attention of others.
嫉妒——嫉妒在直面这个观点上有些粗鄙 在其他情况下
Envy – Envy is a graceless way of confronting an idea that is, in other contexts,
它又是远大志向和谦逊性格的基础:
fundamental to decent ambition as well as modesty of character:
认为我们都不完整 不完美 并需要完善
the notion that we are incomplete, imperfect and in need of improvement.
当我们洞察到他人有可取之处时——
Envy grows from the legitimate insight that others have something to teach us –
一些不确定性和慌乱情绪交织在一起产生了嫉妒
mixed together with a degree of inaccuracy and panic about what this might actually be.
嫉妒在理想情况下应该是我们的老师 嫉妒来袭时
Envy should, in a perfect world, be our teacher. We should note when it strikes us,
我们应该心存警惕 过滤掉混乱的信号 并利用它们找到方向和目标
sift through its confused signals and use them to work out our direction and purpose.
这个方法并不会使我们因嫉妒行为而感到羞愧
The solution isn’t to be made to feel guilty for our envious attacks.
反而会帮助我们理解生命中缺少的东西
It is to be helped to understand what is truly missing from our lives.
暴怒——我们在心烦时
Wrath – The mean angry things we are upset
所说的刻薄 愤怒的话 几乎是无心之言 慌乱和焦虑才是罪魁祸首
are almost never truly meant. They are the result of panic and anxiety.
我们骂别人蠢蛋 是因为当时我们很害怕
We call someone a stupid fool because we are, that moment, terrified.
我们大吼大叫 是因为我们觉得这是在为生活而战
We shout because we feel we’re fighting for our lives.
因此 相对于被不断告知 生气有多么可怕
Therefore, instead of being repeatedly told how appalling it is to be angry
(我们当然知道很可怕)
(we of course know this quite well already),
我们更需要某个人 能够真正的体谅我们内心的恐惧
what we need is someone to demonstrate a proper understanding of our underlying fears.
“你一定很害怕”
‘You must be scared’
不仅最友善 也是对怒火爆发最有效的对策
is the kindest but also the most effective response to any angry outburst;
这句话道出了原因 我们需要他人理解我们的脆弱
it puts its finger on what is really going on. We need others to appreciate our fragility,
而不是用怒吼斥责我们
not berate us for our roars.
暴食——我们大吃鸡翅和烤三明治 不是因为我们太贪婪
Gluttony – We eat too many chicken wings and toasted sandwiches not because we’re greedy,
而是因为精神上的饥饿 比起卡路里 我们更需要爱
but because we are emotionally starving. We want love far more than we want calories;
我们只是不知道如何得到爱 所以解决之道并非告诉我们少吃点
we’re just at a loss as to how to find it. So the solution isn’t to be told to eat less
(饮食专家和基督神学者就是这样建议的)
(as diet gurus and Christian theologians suggest);
发现新的善意 安全感 感情交流 才有所帮助
it is to be helped to discover new sources of kindness, security and emotional connection.
我们胃口本质上并没有出毛病——只是没找到理想的目标罢了
Our appetite isn’t essentially bad – it simply hasn’t found its ideal target.
肥胖表示情感没得到满足
Our excess weight is a symbol of our background emotional undernourishment.
淫欲——我们希望性伴侣不断 并非出于堕弱 而是因为孤独
Lust – We want to keep jumping into bed with people not out of degeneracy, but because we are lonely.
性是交流和接纳的缩影
Sex is the epitome of connection and acceptance.
我们意淫的 被称作“肮脏” 色情的活动使人振奋
The so-called ‘bad’ and erotic things we crave feel so exciting
因为我们认为这是别人开放式的感情证据
because we read them as proofs of someone else’s open-ended affection,
在日常生活中并不常见
which is in such short supply in ordinary life.
理想来说 我们可以适度淫欲 但最好弄清楚性真正给我们带来什么:
Ideally we’d not be less lustful, we’d be clearer about what we genuinely need from sex:
(能够)接受混乱 复杂的真实自我
which is acceptance of our messy, complex and all-too-human selves.
懒惰——懒惰确实很可怕 我们难以投入自己的工作
Sloth – Laziness is really fear. We can’t bear to get down to our work,
因为一旦我们投入了 我们将遭受凛厉的羞辱
because if we were to apply ourselves, we risk terrifying humiliation.
也许我们不会诸事顺利 也许任务实在艰巨
We might not succeed as well as we’d like, we might find a task too hard,
也许我们觉得自己还没准备好一肩承担 或被世界嘲讽
we may realise we’re not yet equipped to undertake it or be mocked by the world.
比起大家都能接受的焦虑情绪 这还算不上挫败
These aren’t failings so much as hugely understandable worries.
我们无为的背后是杞人忧天 这是个糟糕的想法
Behind our inaction is anticipated disaster; a catastrophizing mind.
我们最终会行动起来 因为无为
We will begin at last when the fear of doing nothing at all
终将战胜恐惧:害怕自己做错事
trumps the crippling fear of doing something badly.
贪婪——我们急切地夺取自己份外的东西
Greed – The powerful urge to take more than our fair share
这是害怕被剥夺的表现
is really a reaction to a feeling of deprivation;
我们感觉不受重视 脆弱 所以我们要求更多
we’ve felt so neglected and vulnerable, we require ever more.
我们的恐惧根深蒂固 我们希望牵制恐惧 方法是尽可能多
Our fear is so entrenched, we’re trying to keep it at bay by grabbing as much as we can
而快地夺取 他人看来 我们也许颇具优势 高人一等
as quickly as possible. To others, we may make look already advantaged and privileged;
实际上我们很是绝望
but inside we just feel desperate.
简而言之 我们的“罪恶”并不代表我们是坏人
In short, our ‘sins’ are not signs of being bad people.
因为没能找到更好的方法来表达对欲求的不满 它们则就成了表达的方式
They are the shape our unmet needs take when we haven’t found any better way of addressing them.
我们没必要遭受痛斥和受到地狱威胁
We don’t have to be berated or threatened with hell.
我们需要他人喜欢我们本来的样子
We need an open affection that welcomes us as we are,
我们原来的样子 不带有批判地原谅我们 并温柔地
a forgiveness that doesn’t involve criticism and a tenderness
不带偏见地 发现我们内心的脆弱
that delicately, without humiliation, locates our true vulnerabilities
鼓励我们革新我们原来的胃口
and encourages our own native appetite for reform.
我们喜欢给你们提供这些影片 如果你希望帮助我们继续提供这些发人深思的内容
We love bringing you these films. If you want to help us to keep bringing you thoughtful content,
还请访问我们的网上商城来支持我们 链接就在屏幕上
please consider supporting us by visiting our shop at the link on your screen now.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

七宗罪,大家多少都听到过,包括贪婪,淫欲,贪吃等等,该视频以截然不同的视角分析了这些罪过产生的缘由。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Goahead

审核员

审核团V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMjF_100onI

相关推荐