ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

虎妈自述 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

虎妈自述

“The Secret of Tiger Moms” | Cha-Hsuan Liu | TEDxAmsterdamED

很久很久以前的中国
Once upon a time in China,
一位母亲屡次迁居
a mother moved and moved on from one place to another.
不止一两次 她搬迁了三次
Not only once or twice, she moved three times.
她在为儿子的成长 教育选择最好的环境
She is looking for the best environment for her son’s education or growth.
长达几个世纪之久 中国的父母追随着她的脚步:
For centuries, Chinese parents followed her path:
在各个城市 各个国家及世界范围内四处迁徙
Traveling around the city, around the country and travelling around the world.
他们在做同一件事
They are doing the same thing –
寻找对他们的孩子最好的教育环境
to look for the best educational environment for their children.
为什么说这样做很重要呢
Why it is so important?
因为 教育是一个孩子发展的基础
Because, education is the foundation for a child’s development,
也事关他或她在这个社会的未来
and his or her possibility in the society.
我们都关心孩子的教育
We all care about our children’s education.
但东 西方对此的做法却并不相同
But how to do it differs from the East and the West.
我叫刘茶萱
My name is Cha-Hsuan Liu
我的前半生在东方度过 后半生在西方
I live half of my life in the East, half of in the West.
我在东 西方都接受过教育
I received my education from both world.
当我第一次见到外国人或者说西方人的时候
When meeting the foreign or western people the first time,
我时常面对这一问题:
I’m often confronted with this question:
“嘿 我听说过亚洲父母的教育方式”
“Hey, I heard about Asian parenting style.”
有时候他们会浮现害怕的脸色
Sometimes they put on a scared face.
他们问我:“你是虎妈吗?”
They asked me: “are you a tiger mom?”
那么 你们怎么看呢 我是吗?
Well, how do you think, am I?
好的 你们都在笑!
Okay, you’re laughing!
我可能看上去很甜美 像猫咪一样温柔
I may look sweet, and soft like a cat,
但记住 我来自亚洲
but remember, I come from Asia.
我是一个母亲并且我关心儿子的教育
I am a mom and I care about my son’s education.
而且 我的身心都已准备好抗争了
And, I’m well prepared physically and mentally to fight,
为我们所处环境中存在的限制而抗争
fight for the constraints that existed in our environment, in our circumstances,
为确保我儿子能获得最好的教育而抗争
to ensure the best education for my son.
所以 毋庸置疑 我是来自亚洲的虎妈
So no doubt, I am a tiger mom from Asia.
今天我要告诉大家
And today I’m going to tell you,
虎妈的秘密是什么
what is the secret of the tiger mothers.
全世界的虎妈怎样帮助她们的孩子
How the tiger mothers around the world help their children
在几乎所有社会 所有国家 能有好的表现
to have a high performance in almost any society, in almost any country.
问题不在我们做什么 而在我们信什么
It is not what we do, but what we believe.
三个理念让虎妈和她们的行为在全球引起轰动
There are three beliefs that stir the tiger moms in the world and their actions.
第一个:教育通向积极的社会活动
The first one: education leads to positive social movement.
我们家在二战时从中国大陆移居台湾
My family moved from mainland China to Taiwan after the Second World War.
在我的整个教育生涯或者说我的童年
Throughout my education or my childhood,
家里人就不断提醒我:
my family constantly reminds me:
“你要努力 因为教育是让我们
“you need to work hard, because education is the only way
从当前社会阶级迈向更富裕的生活的唯一方式”
to move us from the current social class to a wealthier living.”
整个家庭都在共同努力 以保证
The whole family work together to ensure
我们的下一代能受到最好的教育
that the best education can be received by our next generation.
并且大家都期待老师和学校能共同努力
And the teachers and schools are expected to work together
以给孩子最好的发展机会
to bring the best development for the child.
由于亚洲国家有这种理念
With this belief in Asian country,
教师在社会中扮演着特殊的角色
the teachers have a special role in the society,
并且我们每年都会授予老师荣誉
and we honor the teacher every year.
我们在孔子诞辰庆祝教师节
We celebrate the teachers’ day on the Confucius birthday,
我们说“一日为师 终生为父”
and we say “one day a teacher, a father a life.”
现在讲第二个理念:每个孩子都有天赋
So now, it’s the second belief: every child has talents.
噢 我们的父母和老师都持有这一理念 并有责任培养我们的潜质
Oh, our parents and the teachers have this belief and take the responsibility to cultivate our potentials.
然后你知道家长们会做什么
And you know what the parents do,
凡是你能想到的学科我们都会布置各种各样的作业
we assign various assignments for all kinds of subjects that you can think of.
数学?文学?艺术?舞蹈? 钢琴? 音乐?
Mathematics? literature? arts? dance?piano? music?
是的 现在你该知道为什么亚洲的孩子放学后没时间和别的小孩玩了
Yeah now you know, why Asian kids don’t have time to play with other kids after school.
我读高中那会儿 学校早上7:30上学 下午5点放学
When I was in a high school, the school starts at 7:30 in the morning, ends at 5:00.
有时候 我们在学校待到晚上7点或9点
Sometimes, we stayed at school until 7:00 or 9:00 p.m.
如果面临重要的考试
If there’s important exams ahead,
学校会希望我们周末补课
we were expected to go to school in the weekends.
是的 我们的父母总是相信我或我们:“你会在未来功成名就”
Yeah, our parents always believe in me or believe in us:”you will be somebody in the future.”
并且他们知道如何培养我们的潜质
And they know how to cultivate our potentials
通过延长我们学习的时间 以及长时间学习绩效
by the long our study, and the long study performance.
他们总是说:“嘿 加油 邻居那孩子得了99分 你也可以的”
They will always say: “hey come on, the neighbor’s kid gets grade 99, so you can do it.”
或者 他们会说:“你表哥刚得了钢琴比赛一等奖 你也可以的”
Or, they will say:” your cousin just won the first price of the piano contest, so you can do it too.”
但是 假使我的孩子没什么天赋
But, what if my child only have little talent,
或者说失去了所有的潜能怎么办呢
or all the potential are gone?
不要担心 因为虎妈有第三个理念:
Don’t worry, because tiger moms have the third belief:
努力胜于天赋
hard work beats talents.
托马斯·爱迪生说过:“天才是1%的天赋和99%的努力”
Thomas Edison says: “genius is 1% talent, and 99% hard work.”
不努力无天才
No hard work no genius.
所以 这就是虎妈们总是培养孩子的自律性和努力品质的原因
So that’s the reason tiger moms always cultivate the self-regulation and displaying for hard work.
在学校 我的老师给每个人设定分数目标
In school, my teacher gave us individual goals for the grades.
然后 让我们同一水平的孩子两两组合相互竞争
and then, paired us with each other who are from the same level for competition.
那么它的效果如何呢?
So how did it work?
拿到成绩后 我得了90分 我的对手得了88分
After received the results, I got grades 90 and my competitor got 88,
很遗憾 我的对手将因为少了2分被惩罚
sorry, my competitor will get punishment for two points loss,
那我呢?
and how about me?
我是赢家 但我没有达到95分的目标
I was the winner, but I didn’t reach my goal which was 95,
所以我的老师也会惩罚我
so my teacher will punish me,
用木棍打我的手心五次
by beating me on my hands with a stick for five times.
所以 现在你可能知道了 分数在一些亚洲教育的环境中
So, now you may know, grades in some Asian education setting,
并不是你学到多少 或者完成多少的指标
it is not an indicator for how much you have learned, or how much you have achieved,
而是一个参考 它告诉你
but a reference to tell you,
你此刻所在的位置
that where you stand at this moment
以及你被抱有多大的期望
and how much you are expected to go further.
亚洲学生在全球有优异的表现 不能用他们个人的天赋来解释
Asian students have high performance in the world, can not be explained by their individual talents,
而应用他们在虎妈的监督下一次次的练习来解释
but by practice and practice and the practice again and again under the supervision of the tiger mothers.
机会是留给有准备的人的
Opportunities are for those are prepared.
虎妈希望自己的孩子
Tiger mom wants to prepare their children
在机会出现前做好准备
even before the opportunity arises.
现在 我来总结一下这三条理念
Now I summarize the three beliefs.
1.教育通向积极的社会活动
1. Education leads the positive social movement.
2. 每个孩子都有天赋并且其潜质能得到培养
2. Every child is talented and the potential can be cultivated.
3. 我知道各位还记得:无努力不天才
3.I know you remember: no hard work no genius.
但是无论虎妈有多么严格
But no matter how strict the tiger moms are,
或者如何致力于让我们的孩子做好准备
or busy with prepared our children,
现在亚洲的家长开始意识到自己可能会夺走孩子们的快乐
Asian parents nowaday started to be aware of the happiness that we may take away from our children.
新式虎妈持有西方的理念
New tiger moms is holding the beliefs
并且考虑着西方的策略
and considering the strategies from the west.
我们将共同努力为形成新式教育提供最好的理念
Together we can bring the best idea to form a new education.
这是我希望给孩子带去光明的小小的渴望
It is my humble aspiration for our inspiration to bring the light to our children.
就像今天在座的各位一样 这是我的梦想 也是我的儿子和各位的孩子们的任务:
Just like you come here, it is my dream and the mission for my son and for our children
拥有一个激励的 指导性的教育体系
to have a stimulating and instructive education system.
只要有 发现世界和自我的自由
Where there is the freedom to discover the world and selves,
就会有达成目标的纪律
where there is discipline to reach the goals.
我是刘茶萱 谢谢 谢谢大家
I’m Cha-Hsuan Liu,xie xie and thank you.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

1 教育导致积极的社会活动 2 每个孩子都有天赋并且能够培养其可能性 3 无努力不天才

听录译者

启点—飞雪群山

翻译译者

Zeitgeist

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgAJkpclV9M

相关推荐