ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

雪花总是六角的吗? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

雪花总是六角的吗?

The scientist who makes twin snowflakes

每个人似乎都听说过一句话
One of the things everybody seems to have heard is
没有两片相同的雪花
that no two snowflakes are alike.
但是事实是 在自然界中是对的
But it turns out, that’s true in nature,
但在实验室就不是这样了
but not so much in the lab.
我是肯•利不雷希特
My name is Ken Libbrecht.
我是加利福尼亚理工学院的物理学教授
I am a professor of physics here at Caltech in Pasadena,
我研究雪花
and I study snowflakes.
当我开始研究雪花的物理现象时
When I started studying the physics of snowflakes,
我特别想在实验室可控的条件下培养它们
I really wanted to grow them in the lab under controlled conditions.
这些就是需要的设备
And so that’s what some of this equipment is,
你看 在我后面就是培育室
you see behind me, are our growth chambers.
它的主要功能就是培育漂亮的
Part of it is to try to grow really beautiful
前所未见的晶体
crystals that have never been seen before, and just
并试图去理解它们是如何形成的
trying to understand the physics of how they grow.
后来 我便对它艺术的一面
Lately I’ve been interested in the artistic side,
以及如何设计世界上最完美的
and how to design the world’s most perfect snowflake,
或者最大的雪花所吸引
or the world’s biggest snowflake.
我发现 你必须把它们同时放在相同的条件下
I realized that if you grow two snowflakes very close to one another,
才能培养出两片非常相似的雪花
you could subject them to the same growth conditions at the same time,
我称它们“双生雪花”
and grow what I call “ identical twin ” snowflakes.
这些规则的六角雪花晶体
The overall six-fold symmetry of a snowflake really
是由冰的晶格能形成的
comes from the ice crystal lattice, which
正是这些能量将微粒连接起来
is how the molecules are lined up.
我被迪士尼邀请去做
I was invited by Disney to be the
《冰雪奇缘》电影的雪花顾问
“ snowflake consultant ” for the movie Frozen.
我去了 并告诉他们
So I went, and just told them all
雪花都是六面的
about how snowflakes always have six sides.
而没有八面的
They never have eight.
也没有七面的
They never have seven.
然后电影完成了 确实都是六面的
And then the movie came out, and they were all six-sided.
真是太棒了
It was just great.
这是我对《冰雪奇缘》的贡献
That was my contribution to the movie Frozen.
标准的雪花被叫做恒星枝晶 它是星型 有着树枝一样的分枝:树枝晶
The standard holiday snowflake is called a “stellar dendrite.” It’s star-shaped, with branches like trees: Dendrites.
许多人认为雪花就是那样的 然而却不是
And most people think that snowflakes all look like that, but they don’t.
它们有的像柱体 想象一下六棱的木质铅笔
Some of them look like columns. Think hexagonal wooden pencils.
有时候你只能得到这种径直生长的柱体
Sometimes you just get these long, straight columns growing.
你知道 我经常会被问这样的问题
I get this question a lot, you know,
你为什么要研究它
why do you do this?
有什么用途吗?
What’s it going to be good for?
它并不能立刻对其他事物产生影响
And it’s not really meant to be good for anything right now.
我仍在试图通过基础研究来理解它
I’m really trying to understand it just from basic research.
也在试图理解晶体生长时分子的物理现象
I’m really just trying to understand the molecular physics of how crystals grow.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一张张精美的雪花图案,让你忍不住看完一遍又一遍。即使在实验室的环境下,想要培育出两片一模一样的雪花也是非常难的哟。一起来看雪花是如何形成的吧。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

朦胧星海

审核员

审核员 EM

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2oJaW7Xiek

相关推荐