ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我愿意做一个无聊的人 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我愿意做一个无聊的人

The Scientific Benefits of Boredom

本视频的赞助商之一是LastPass
Part of this video was sponsored by LastPass.
视频末尾会有关于我们赞助商的介绍
Stick around to the end for a word from our sponsor.
在最近的一项研究中 参与者被放置在一个房间内
In a recent study, participants were placed in a room
历时6-15分钟
for between 6 and 15 minutes.
他们就被给了一个按钮
They were given nothing except a button
忍不了时按一下就会受到电击
that they knew it would shock them, if they pressed it.
参与者可以通过思考自娱自乐
They were asked to entertain themselves with their thoughts,
但是他们也有其它选择
but they could self administer the shock,
即自我执行电击
if they so chose.
那么研究结果如何呢?
So what happened?
其中有25%的女性
Well, 25% of women
67%的男性电击自己
and 67% of men shocked themselves.
尽管实验前他们被告诉
This is despite the fact that they had previously told the experimenters
只要忍受思想的无聊就能避免被电击
that they would pay money to avoid the shock.
但很明显 他们宁愿经受物理上的疼痛
Apparently, they’d rather experience physical pain than just be bored
而非让无聊思想占据自己的头脑
to have nothing to keep them occupied but their thoughts.
无独有偶
But they are not alone.
据报道 95%的美国青少年活动参与者
Around 95% of American adults report participating in
在过去进行的24小时休闲活动中
some leisure activities over the past 24 hours,
仅有17%的人表示
but only 17% say they spent any time
自己一直在放松 思考
at all just relaxing and thinking,
因为很明显休闲活动是无聊的
because that apparently is boring
而忍受无聊意味着不愉快
and being bored is unpleasant.
那么无聊是什么?
So what is boredom?
真实的定义和大众观点相反
Well, contrary to popular belief,
厌倦不是你完全无事可做
it’s not when you have absolutely nothing to do.
而是任何一个选项
It’s just when none of the options you have
都对你产生不了吸引力
available to you appeal to you.
厌倦的特点是缺乏专心 坐立不安
Boredom is characterized by a lack of concentration, restlessness,
还会感到昏昏欲睡
but also feeling lethargic.
它是一种没有激情的状态
It’s really a state of being underwhelmed.
以下是一些避免厌倦的方式
And there are now more ways than ever to avoid boredom.
刷Facebook Twitter Instagram Snapchat YouTube
With Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube,
当然还有我的长期读新闻的习惯
not to mention my chronic news habit,
还有排队 在咖啡店消磨时光
waiting in line, sitting in a coffee shop,
等红绿灯
stopped at a traffic light.
许多人通过玩手机来回避无聊
Many people reach for their phones to stave off boredom
造成了手机无孔不入
and nowhere is sacred.
你曾让自己深陷无聊吗?
Do you ever just let yourself be bored?
不不 我不会无聊
No, no, I generally don’t.
但是我们难道不会因为回避无聊而失去什么吗?
But are we losing anything by avoiding boredom?
对 科学研究证明 我们会因此而失去
Well, scientific research says yes,
而且失去的都是重要的东西
and what we’re losing is important.
当你无聊 你的思想已迷路
When you’re bored, your mind wanders.
这很自然
That’s only natural.
无聊状态就是
The state of boredom is one
你的注意力没有专门的聚焦点
where your attention is not focused on anything in particular.
研究者证明了思想漫步对创造力是有益处的
Researchers have shown this mind wandering is useful for creativity.
他们给了参与者一个随机的无聊任务
They gave study participants a random boring task.
最无聊的一个就是读电话簿
The most boring one – reading the phone book.
然后他们要求参与者变得有创造力
Then they asked participants to be creative –
尽可能地想出许多好点子——
generate as many ideas as they could
想一想用塑料杯能做什么
for what you could do with a plastic cup.
和那些较少无聊的参与者相比
Those in the most boring read the phone book condition
读电话簿的感到最无聊的参与者
generated the most creative solutions,
想出了最具创造性的点子
compared to less bored controls.
许多研究者猜测我们经历无聊是有益的
A major reason many researchers suspect that we experience boredom
因为它给你有关你目前状态的指标
is because it gives you an indicator of your current state.
我是说如果你发现自己很无聊
I mean if you find yourself feeling bored,
你就知道此情境下的某事对你不适合
you know something about that situation isn’t working for you.
让我问你个问题:
Let me ask you this:
当你上课时有点无聊的时候
When you’re in class and you’re a bit bored,
你会把手机拿出来刷一刷吗?
do you ever just pull out your phone and have a look at stuff?
对 一直这样干
Yeah, all the time.
所以无聊的悖论是
So the paradox of boredom is that
它让你感到疲惫 懒惰 冷漠
it makes you feel tired, sluggish and just disinterested.
但它会激励你作出行动
But it may actually spur you to action,
或许还能使你作出改变
and may get you to make changes
进而对自己的生活产生积极影响
that would be positive for your life.
一些让这家伙的腿别挡我的脸的改变
And changes like getting this guy’s legs out of my face.
这将是完美的
That would be perfect.
若无聊缺席
In the absence of boredom,
一个人就会陷入不称心的情境
one would remain trapped in unfulfilling situations,
错过许多情感上 认知上 社交上的有益经历
and miss out on many emotionally, cognitively and socially rewarding experiences.
无聊是个警告——
Boredom is both a warning
我们做的事情并非是自己想做的
that we’re not doing what we wanna be doing,
这将会促使我们转换目标和计划
and a push that motivates us to switch goals and projects.
研究显示 无聊会让你更加无私心
Studies have also shown that boredom may make you more altruistic.
或许当你的无聊泛滥时
Perhaps the acute sense of aimlessness you experience
你正经历的敏锐的盲目感
when you’re bored gets out of control,
会让你对目前的整个生活产生疑问
and makes you question what you’re doing with your life as a whole.
但是一线希望是它会触发你考虑一下别人
But the silver lining is that it may trigger you to think about others
你可以做的就是帮帮他们
and what you can do to help them.
无聊对生活提供了一个即刻而具体的目的
And that provides an immediate and concrete purpose to a life
会立刻让你有匮乏感
that might momentarily feel like it’s lacking one.
一些引起无聊的研究显示
You know, studies designed to induce boredom have shown that
更无聊的参与者往往会捐赠
more bored participants are more likely
做慈善 献血
to donate, to charity or to give blood.
我可以问一下是什么促使你今天来献血的呢?
Can I ask what led you to donate blood today?
呃 今天很闲
Uhm, I have free time.
我的手一直在等着
My hands, you know, just waiting for
2小时 1.5小时 我一直等着献血
2 hours, an hour and a half or so.
所以如果你的无聊时刻多一点
So, apparently the opportunity to do meaningful,
那么不愉快的活动就有更多价值
even if unpleasant activities, have more value,
它能促使你去做有意义的事情
if you’re bored than if you’re not.
同样地 盲目的状态看起来更能培养你
Similarly, this aimless state seems to cultivate thoughts
关于未来如何过活的思想
about what you want to do with your life.
把你的生活想成一个故事
To think of your life as a story
想想在未来你希望的它的走向
and consider where you want it to go in the future,
这就叫做自传性计划
this is called autobiographical planning.
当研究参与者被给的是只用一部分智能的任务时
When given tasks that only use a fraction of mental capacity,
他们就会频繁考虑到他们的未来以及计划
study participants frequently thought of the future and their plans for it.
从这个意义上说 无聊是目标设置的基本
In this way, being bored is essential for goal-setting.
如果你的大脑被其它刺激物填得满满的
If your brain is always consumed with other stimuli,
你就会很少考虑到更加宏伟的蓝图
you’ll rarely ponder the bigger picture,
也不能给自己设置长远目标
and set long-term goals for yourself
更不能考虑如何实现自己的目标
and consider how to achieve them.
一部手机能使你摆脱无聊吗?
Does a phone get rid of your boredom?
对 仔细考虑 它确实能做到
Yeah, actually thinking about it, it does.
所以每次你处于等待状态时
So every time you’re waiting for something,
就是你作出抉择的时刻了
you have a decision to make,
哪怕这看起来是一次微不足道的决定
which seems like a tiny one.
请放下你的手机几秒或几分钟
Pull out your phone for a few seconds or minutes
就让自己无聊一下吧
or just be bored.
就任思想的河流满满流经你的大脑吧
Experience only your thoughts.
哪怕它看起来是一个无关紧要的决定
It seems like an insignificant decision.
如果你没做过太多思考
And if you don’t give it much thought,
最明显的行动就是
the obvious action is to see
看看你的选择App上有什么新内容
what’s new on your app of choice.
做决定时
And in making that decision,
你也在缓解自己片刻的无聊
you are alleviating a moment of boredom.
但是你也会让自己的创造力减几分
But you are also likely making yourself less creative,
让自己的利他性 自省力减少几分
less altruistic, less likely to assess your current state,
也往往不会为自己的未来设置目标
and less likely to set goals for your future.
总之 你就是一个活生生的例子——
In short, you are the real world example of
有人宁愿电击自己也不愿意经历不愉快的无聊
someone shocking themselves to avoid the unpleasantness of boredom.
若你是这种人 你的痛苦会更深重
Except in your case, the pain goes much deeper
痛苦将深入你的本质
to the very nature of who you are
蔓延到你以后的生活中
and who you’ll become.
所以按电击按钮前请好好考虑
So, think carefully before pressing that button.
因为很明显无聊是我们的大脑所需的养料
So, being bored is apparently something our brains need to do.
而我们的大脑不必做的
Something our brains don’t need to do
就是记住许多随机密码
is remember lots of random passwords,
这也是本视频的赞助商LastPass存在的理由
which is why the sponsor of this video is LastPass.
LastPass是一个密码管理者
LastPass is a password manager
能给我们提供无条件的密码储存
that offers unlimited password storage,
还能为你在你的设备上同步
plus free sync across all your devices,
并提供错误密码预警
and password breach alerts.
那样的话 你就能不必记住另外的密码
That way, you never have to remember another password,
也不必写下来 找密码
or write it down, look for one,
忘记密码时重置即可
forget your passwords, reset them.
所有的困难都靠边站
All of that hassle is just pushed aside
你可以使用LastPass把你的密码挂在自动驾驶仪上
and you can put your passwords on autopilot with LastPass.
这样你就能解放你那有价值的大脑空间
And that way, you can free up your valuable brain space for
就让自己变得无聊 然后想想以后怎么活
just being bored and thinking about your life
不要再记忆密码了
rather than remembering your passwords.
LastPass的多因素鉴定非常重要
Now, LastPass has multi-factor authentication which is super important,
因为它能保护你的账号安全
because it keeps your accounts secure.
它也有微软和YubiKeys多因素鉴定界面
It also interfaces with Microsoft and YubiKeys multi-factor authentication.
LastPass的我喜欢的一个特征是
And one feature I love about LastPass is
它允许你安全 安心共享密码
it allows you to share safely and securely your passwords
给那些拥有特定账号的人
with other people who may need them for certain accounts.
这个特性非常便利
That’s a very handy feature.
所以如果你想了解LastPass
So if you wanna check out LastPass,
可以点一下简介里的链接
click on the link in the description.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

快节奏的生活让人忍受不了一丁点的无聊,甚至有些人宁愿忍受电击却不愿意忍受无聊……而无聊之于梦想,之于未来的规划,确是必不可少的……

听录译者

jm

翻译译者

ABC

审核员

审核员 W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPwKFigF8U

相关推荐