ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

这块地毯上到底有多少个三角形? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

这块地毯上到底有多少个三角形?

The Rug Puzzle: how many triangles?

我有个小小的数学题需要你们的帮助
A quick maths puzzle I need your help with:
是这样的 这周有个观众安德烈斯
so earlier this week a viewer, Andres,
给我发了一封邮件 附上了他们新买地毯的照片
emailed me a photo of the new rug they had just got.
他们把地毯拿到家里后
And when they got it home,
他们八岁的小孩看着地毯说
their eight-year-old child looked at it and said,
这地毯里有多少个三角形呀
“Well how many triangles are there?”
安德烈斯说 我们可以数一数呀
Andres is like,”Well, you know, we can count them!”
小的三角形很容易数
And the small ones are pretty straightforward.
这个地毯竖18行 横20列
The rug is 18 rows high. It’s 20 columns across.
每个小矩形有两个小三角形
There are two little triangles per rectangle.
所以总共有720个小三角形
That’s a total of 720 little triangles.
但是八岁的小孩又问 等等 这个你怎么说
But the eight-year-old was like,”Well hang on! What about this one!
这个呢 那个呢 还有那个 那个
“and this one and that one and that one and that-“
数不清的…… 够了
I mean there’s loads of… okay enough!
这地毯上有无数可能存在的三角形
There are loads of possible triangles in that rug.
所以安德烈斯发邮件给我
So Andres emailed me to say,
问有没有有趣的解题方法
‘Is there an interesting way to do this?’
我说不确定 我试试吧
I’m like,’I’m not sure I’ll give it a go!’
我又想了想 不如在网上展示出来吧
But then I thought, let’s open it up to the Internet.
就在昨天 我把它发在推特上
So yesterday, I tweeted this as a challenge and loads
让很多人去挑战它
of people got involved.
有人手算 有人敲代码
Some people did working out by hand, some people wrote computer code.
安德烈斯还插入一个链接
Andres also chipped in with a link to where
是地毯的源网址 这样就可以看到
the original rug came from so you can get
清晰的图片了
a nice clean shot of it.
有人还做了一个动画
And someone did an animation trying to show
想展示到底有多少三角形 真是够够的
how many triangles there are which- okay enough! Which,
弄得我头都大了
as well as doing my head in,
我把这个动画
That is the animation I used earlier on.
映射到原先那张照片上
I mapped that onto the original photograph
来展示多少种组成三角形的可能性
just to illustrate how many triangle possibilities there are.
如上所示 大家伙呀
So this is it! Everyone,
我们得试试解出谜底啊
we need to have a go at this puzzle.
你不用一开始就着手整张地毯
You don’t have to start with the whole rug.
我是说 就这个 来吧
I mean, just that- come on!
你可以数数这儿有多少三角形
You can count that many triangles!
我会把链接放在文件后面 把图片打印出来
I’ll put a link to that file underneath, print it out.
数数吧 如果你层层叠加
Count the triangles. See if you can scale all that up.
如果你最后算出了答案 在评论区核对一下
If you get an answer at the end, chuck it in the comments,
发推特或者发邮件给我
tweet it, email it to me.
如果我们得到一个足够有趣有用的答案
If we get a sufficiently interesting valid answer.
我会拍个后续视频
I will do a follow-on video
其实我和安德烈斯都
and actually Andres and I both
没有时间尝试自己解题
haven’t had time to try it ourselves
所以如果我或者他们也尝试了 我也会拍个后续视频
so once I’ve had a go, they’ve had a go I’ll do a follow-on video
但至少
but at the very least I
看在一个八岁孩子指靠着我们
mean there is an eight-year-old child out there
算出这些三角形的份上 所有人行动起来吧
counting on us to count those triangles, so everyone get involved.
我相信你们 走起
I believe in you, off you go!
来都来了
And while we’re here, a quick hello
给所有看到最后的人打个招呼吧
to all the people who watch right to the
铁杆粉丝们
very end – the hardcore fans!
我们都是伐木累 谢谢你们一如既往的观看我的视频
You’re my people! So thanks watching the video, as always.
我想了想 还是提一下吧
I thought I’d just mention this you
看看我的脸
know the face thing that’s going on.
我没有在留胡子 这个是暂时性的
I’m not growing a beard. This is not permanent.
我只是在上个月两周半的时间内
I simply haven’t left the house much
一直待在家里
in the last two-and-a-half weeks
除了两次我因为我新书的二稿(也差不多是终稿了)截止日期到了
I’ve been outside twice because the second draft, (which is pretty much the final draft) of my new book is due.
所以短期内我会一直只忙这个
So I’ve been doing nothing but that for a while now.
顺便说一下 出版要花很长时间
Publishing takes forever, by the way,
但它会在11月2号跟大家见面
so it won’t be out until the 2nd of Novermber.
我现在要回去继续写了
So I’m going to get back to writing it now,
新书会在圣诞前面世
it’ll be out before Christmas.
只要我写完二稿 我就会试着解地毯谜题
Once I finish writing the draft, then I’ll try the rug puzzle.
当然啦 我的前一本书
Of course my previous book,’Things to Make
《身处四维空间中应该干什么》
and Do in the 4th Dimension’, that
在所有寻常地方都可以找到
is available – all the usual places.
但如果你是在Maths Gear上买的 书里有我的签名
Although if you buy it from Maths Gear it’ll be signed by me.
我在Maths Gear销售的书中都签了名
I sign all the copies on Maths Gear.
所以如果你愿意费点劲买本签了名的书
So if you can be bothered getting a signed copy,
你同时也是在支持我的网站
you’re also supporting my website trying to promote
它正在努力推广一系列各种滑稽的数学玩具
a wide range of ridiculous math toys,
这就是Maths Gear!满足你所有数学玩具的需求
so there you are: Maths Gear! For all your math toy needs.
我决定了 这个视频由Maths Gear官方赞助播出
I’ve just decided this video is officially sponsored by Maths Gear!
我赞助了我自己的视频……
I’ve just sponsored my own video.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一起来数数吧~

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Kirstenهادئة

审核员

审核员 D

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HViA6N3VeHw

相关推荐