ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

山中之王的宁静生活 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

山中之王的宁静生活

The Quiet Life of the King of the Mountain

There’s really no difference between here and home.
这里和家没有任何区别
It’s just everything’s compacted down to a 14 by 14 room.
这是个将所有物品置于14×14范围内的房间
Once you start staffing your lookout,
一旦开始自己的瞭望工作
you’re gonna be working 10 days on, four days off,
你将持续工作10天 休息4天
late June until usually mid-September.
通常从6月末到九月中
It’s a pretty quiet existence.
这里是一个静谧之地
This is my 24th season as a Fire Lookout.
这是我作为火警瞭望员的第24个季节
Really it’s just you and the wind
这里只有你和风
and the time just melts away.
还有时间在消逝
My name is Leif Haugen,
我是Leif Haugen
and we’re at Thoma Lookout.
我们在托马瞭望台
A fire lookout is a structure
一个火警瞭望台就是一个建筑
that sits on top of a mountain or ridge-top
它坐落在山巅或脊顶
that has a good view of the surrounding country
那里是俯瞰周边地区的好地方
and the staffer, then, is tasked with living there
工作人员的任务就是在那里生活
for extended periods to watch for fire.
以延长观察火灾的时间
It’s funny, ’cause I get a lot of questions about the standard day.
这很有趣 因为我有许多关于标准日的问题
You wake up with the sun.
你和太阳一起苏醒
I mean, it’s hard to sleep in a room of glass much beyond sunrise.
我的意思是 你很难在一间玻璃房里赖床
First thing I’ll do is make a cup of coffee.
我要做的第一件事是煮杯咖啡
And usually I’ll have that first cup of coffee on the front porch,
通常我会在前廊 享受第一杯咖啡
sit out there, watch the sun come up.
坐在那里 看着太阳出现
Certainly every morning I go out for a walk.
当然 每个清晨我都会出去散步
I check in at 10.
我在10:00签到
Hey good morning, I have 67 degrees…
嘿 早上好 这里67度…
I take the weather every day at two…
我每天2:00播报天气…
Winds are calm, skies are clear…
风很平静 天空晴朗…
And check out at 4:15…
在4:15签退
Have a good day.
祝你有美好的一天
I think the solitary nature,
确实没有火灾发生的时候
when there’s really no fires going,
我会思考孤独的本质
the only thing I might do
我唯一能做的是
is check in on the radio twice a day.
一天两次在广播里播报
That might be the only time I really talk
那也许是我的确在说话的唯一时刻
unless I’m talking to myself.
除非我自言自语
I think what’s so tricky sometimes talking about the lookout experience,
我认为 有时谈论瞭望经验的棘手之处
is you’re not talking to anybody about it.
在于你没有和任何人谈论过它
So you more intuit it, you more experience it.
因此你更有直觉 更能感受到它
I think that’s why I always use the term resonance
我想那就是我总是用术语共鸣的原因
because you just can feel it and sense it.
因为只有你可以感受并感应它
Maybe that’s fanciful but it certainly is the way I feel about it.
也许不太现实 但这无疑就是我对此的感觉方式
You know you just find yourself sitting on the porch
你知道只有你自己坐在门廊上
watching the world go by for hours on end.
持续几个小时观察这个世界以结束今日
It’s beautiful.
很美丽
When you look at, you know,
当你观看这个视频 你知道
the lifestyle of a Fire lookout,
一个火警瞭望员的生活方式
it can be a hard choice at times, too,
有时这也是一个艰难的选择
you know, I’m missing a wedding tonight.
你知道 今晚我错过一场婚礼
Over the course of the summer,
在整个夏天
you might miss a lot of stuff in your life.
你可能错过你人生中非常多的东西
But certainly every summer I keep coming back
但的确每个夏天我都继续回来工作
because living on top of a mountain for days on end,
因为在山上连续生活几天
is just such a beautiful chance at making a life of it.
是创造美好生活的好机会

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

火警瞭望员的生活

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

momo

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vao7T4__0Xw

相关推荐