ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

老人的故事:外在奖励如何扼杀内在动机 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

老人的故事:外在奖励如何扼杀内在动机

The Old Man Story: How Extrinsic Rewards Kill Internal Motivation

【音乐】
[music]
嗨大家 我想和你们聊些东西
Hey guys, I want to talk to you about something
在视频的最后你将有机会赢得20美元paypal或者亚马逊礼券
and by the end of this video, you’ll have a chance to win 20 dollars paypal or an Amazon Gift Card.
那么你看 有件事情我曾想了很多次
So it’s something that I’ve been thinking about a lot, you see,
对此频道我已经相当缺乏动力
I’ve been pretty unmotivated about this channel
我想自己甚至为制作视频而沮丧
and I daresay even depressed about making the videos.
可我确实曾喜欢过这个过程
I used to love it, the process.
我曾喜欢做视频并分享我的知识
I used to love creating videos and sharing my knowledge.
这正是我决定做这个视频的原因
That’s why I’ve decided to make this video.
我厌倦那些期望此频道的视频只涉及心理学的人们
I’m tired of people expecting videos on this channel to be purely about psychology.
你知道 我想出这个名字时绝没想到
You know, I came up with the name having no idea
最终会有几乎一百万订阅者
that will eventually be almost one million subscribers.
我只是喜欢传授
I just love teaching.
学习心理学是有趣的
Psychology was fun to learn about,
而且实用心理学是我能想出的最易记的名字
and practical psychology was the best catchy name I can come up with the time.
因此让我开门见山地讲一个老人
So let me tell you straight about an old man.
我想我已同他相处几周
and I think I’ve been this old man for a couple of weeks.
这个老人住在街角
There was an old man who lived down the stree corner
那里曾有公交车接送附近儿童
where a bus used to pick up the neighborhood children.
一天上学前孩子们看到了老人 并开始大声侮辱
And one day before school, the children saw the old man and started yelling insults at him.
“嗨老头 你登记了社会保障吗?”
“Hey old man, did you get your social security checked yet?”
“嗨老头 做了每年的前列腺测试吗?”
“Hey, Mr.! Done your yearly prostate exam?”
“我听说你有本年刊 你圈出了所有死人
“I heard you have a yearbook where you circle everyone who has died and
而你想要比你所有同学活得都长!”
you’re trying to outlive all of your classmates.”
最终一个早上 他们大摇大摆地走进他的庭院撒尿
Eventually one morning they went so far as to literally pee in his yard.
老人当然不堪忍受
The old man started getting tired of it.
因此他开始沉思 看 孩子们侮辱老人时收获一种内在奖励——本质的自我满足
So he started thinking. See, the children got an intrinsic reward for insulting the old man
并且不亦乐乎 尽管未获薪酬
and they enjoyed doing it even if they didn’t get paid.
其本质性 意味着源于他们内在自身 而非物质
Intrinsic means inside of them, not something materialistic.
我可以从与家人共度时光中感到同样的内在奖励
I get intrinsic reward from spending time with my family,
当然还有给予慈善救助和制作视频
giving the charity and then the past creating these videos.
一天老人在校车停下前叫住孩子们
One day the old man called the kids over before the school bus stoped
让他们第二天回来
and told them that if they came back tomorrow
轻车熟路地辱骂他
and yelled some clever insults at them
他会付给他们每人一美元
He will pay them each one dollar.
他们惊讶于自己受酬付的方式——侮辱这家伙
And they were thrilled, I mean, they were basically getting paid. They yelled insults at this guy.
“这老头该有多蠢?”
They asked “how stupid could this old man be.”
第二天早晨他们提前十分钟去辱骂老人
The next morning they came by ten minute early just to yell insults at this old man.
老人付了他们每人一美元
He paid them each a dollar.
告诉他们倘若明天再来
and told them that if they came back the next day
他会付他们五十美分
He will pay them fifty cents.
于是他们带着钱去了学校
And so they went to school with their dollars.
第三天早晨 他们又来了
The third morning, they came back
而他付了孩子们五十美分 作为侮辱自己的酬劳
and he paid the children fifty cents for yelling insults at him.
他告诉孩子们 下次也是老样子 只不过酬劳为二十五美分
He told the children the same thing as last time except only 25 cents.
再下一次则是十美分
He did the same thing again with ten cents.
最终在第五日即周五
And finally on the fifth day on Friday
他说他会付他们每人一便士来辱骂自己
he said he will pay them a penny each to yell insults.
他们对侮辱已不再感到新鲜 于是离开并告诉老人
Well, they were fresh out of clever insults and walked away with their heads down
这压根不值
and told the old man it’s just not worth that.
他们从此不再侮辱老人
So they never insult the old man again.
这是扼杀内在奖励动机的完美例子
This is the perfect example of extrinsic rewards killing the motivation for intrinsic rewards.
孩子们选择自由地喊叫侮辱是因为那有趣
The children started out yelling insults for free because it was fun.
但是当报酬降到一百倍以下时
But by the time their payments had gone down one hundredfold
他们发现那真的不值
they found it just wasn’t worth it.
他们发现起初他们喜欢的事
They found that doing something they loved in the beginning
在被支付酬劳后一文不值
was not worth it after being paid.
这种情况在现实世界俯拾皆是
And it’s happens a lot in the real world.
这个故事可以一句话概括为
The story can be summed up with one major sentence:
外在奖励扼杀内在动机
extrinsic rewards kill intrinsic motivation.
画家 艺术家 任何想创造事物的人 都是源于喜爱
Painters, artist, anyone who creates anything because they’re enjoying it
但他们会意识到自己对艺术骤生厌恶——
have been known to dislike the art
在接受数月的酬劳之后
after a couple of months actually getting paid.
同样 最初几个月中 你有偿做着自己喜欢的事
And yeah it’s a bless for the first couple of months, you get paid doing something that you love,
但是如果回报不是取决于你对自己的工作质量的估价
but if the payment isn’t dependent on what you value of your work quality
你脑中的的动机水平会变得疯狂
your motivation levels in your brain can go crazy.
这是心理学事实
It’s actually a fact of psychology.
而我也不知道 我是否曾以那样的方式制作视频
And I don’t know if I’ve been that way creating videos.
我想谈谈其他事
I want to talk about something else.
既然我被视为一个订阅量更大的频道
Now that I’m seen as a larger channel,
我猜我没有得到足够的积极评价
I guess I just don’t get as many positive comments.
它们真的曾是这个频道的氧气
And they really used to be the oxygen of this channel.
是支持频道发展并激励我的原动力 我乐于助人
How it grew and what motivated me. I love helping people.
那么是内容的缘故吗?
So is it the content?
你们觉得你们的评论无关紧要是吗?
Is it you guys don’t feel like your comments won’t matter
由于你们看见 评价视频的人太多?你们应该信任我
because of the observed amount of people who comments on the video? You gotta trust me.
我会读完每一条评论
I will read them, every single comment.
无论如何我只想你们知道
Anyways I just want to let you guys know that
未来我会在这个频道做更多的书评
I am going to be doing a lot more book reviews on this channel
甚至或许是许多心理学相关的视频
and maybe even a couple of psychology-related videos in the future
即使我在上百万订阅者中只有三万次点赞
even if I only get 30,000 views with, like, millions of subscribers.
你知道每次上传 我至少平均失去300到800订阅者吗?
Did you know on average I lose 300-800 subscribers every time I upload?
而这仅仅因为人们订阅一种类型的视频 而我上传了另一种?
But just because people subscribe wanting one type of video and I uploaded another?
我做的视频无法满足大多人 这使我恐慌
It’s scary to me that the videos that I make won’t reach as many people as if they could
如果这些失去的订阅者中有一成 是由于算法如何看待这些视频
if I had a tenth of this subscribers, because it’s how the algorithm sees the videos
以及有多少人取消订阅了视频
and how many people unsubscribe from this videos,
我猜你无法取悦所有人 而我所努力追求的一件事是
I guess you can’t please everyone. And one of the things that I strive for
如果有一天我有了孩子 他们会看这些视频 并有所获益
is that one day if I had children, then they will watch these videos and learn something.
对 我想尝试Youtube 投票 如果可以的话 作为附带
I know, yeah, I wanted to try out a Youtube poll. If there is one, it’ll be on the side.
如果我每月上传一个书评 你会看完吗?
If I uploaded a book review for every 30 days, would you watch them all?
请在投票区留下你的答案 以及如果你愿意详尽阐释 请在下方留评论
Leave your answer on the poll and if you care to elaborate it, leave a comment below.
那么现在 开始兑现环节
So now onto the money part.
如果你赢得了我开头提及的二十美元
If you’re interested in winning the twenty dollars I mentioned at the begining,
跟随这些步骤
follow this steps.
一 去亚马逊网站
One, go to Amazon.com.
二 搜索“兴趣丰收者”
Two, search “Habit Harvester”
三 买本仅2.99美分的电子书
Three, buy the e-book. It’s only $2.99.
第四 发送你的收据到practicalpsychologytips@gmail.com
Number four, send your receipt to me at practicalpsychologytips@gmail.com
五 如果你是最先三十个发送给我收据的人
Five, if you one of the first 30 people who sends me the receipts,
我会通过亚马逊礼券或者贝宝送你20美元
I will sent you an Amazon Gift Card or paypal you 20 dollars.
我曾为我过去的书做过一样的抽奖活动
I’ve done the same in the past for my previous book,
而一些人不相信我做过 所以这里是证据
and some people didn’t believe I did it, so here’s the proof.
无论如何 如果你对此频道或者youtube有什么建议
Anyways, if you guys have any advice or feel the same way about Youtube in general
请留下你的评论 我将感激不尽
please leave the comment belowI can’t thank you enough for your intention.
我希望下期见面之前 你会从老人的故事中学会些什么
I hope you learned something with the old man story until next time.
【音乐】 【结束】
[music]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

为什么纯粹的热爱会因为物质奖励的参与而消磨殆尽?一个有趣故事揭示外在奖励与内在动机的奥秘。

听录译者

Fusion

翻译译者

嗔语

审核员

审核员W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQuBawUGVQ

相关推荐