未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

生命的垄断地位 - 这一切都放回盒子

The Monopoly of Life - It all goes back in the box

我的祖母是个了不起的人
Now, my grandmother was a wonderful person.
她教我怎么玩《大富翁》
She taught me how to play the game Monopoly.
她明白这款游戏的名字含义是去获取
She understood that the name of the game is to acquire.
她会积累所有她能得到的财富 最后成为董事会大佬
She would accumulate everything she could and eventually, she became the master of the board.
最后 每次她都会拿走我的最后一美元 我彻底失败了
And eventually, everytime she would take my last dollar and I would quit in utter defeat.
她总会说同样一句话
And then she would always say the same thing to me.
她会看着我 说
She’d look at me, and she’d say,
“总有一天 你会学会怎么玩这个游戏的”
“One day, you will learn to play the game.”
有一年夏天 我跟一个邻居几乎整天玩《大富翁》
One summer, I played Monopoly with a neighbor almost every day, all day long.
一刻不停地玩
We’d play Monopoly for hours.
在那个夏天 我学会了玩这个游戏
And that summer, I’ve learn to play the game.
我明白了 要想赢 唯一的办法就是对收购做出全面承诺
I’ve came to understand the only way to win is to make a total commitment to acquisition.
我开始理解金钱和财产 这就是你得分的方式
I came to understand that money and possessions, that’s the way that you keep score.
夏末时 我变得比我的祖母更无情
And by the end of that summer, I was more ruthless than my grandmother.
如果必要的话 我甚至准备好打破常规 以赢得比赛
I was ready to bend the rules, if I had to, to win that game.
我和她一同坐下来玩游戏
And I sat down with her to play that fall.
我拿走了她的所有 我在经济上和心理上彻底摧毁了她
I took everything she had. I destroyed her financially and psychologically.
我看着她拿出了最后一美元 输掉了比赛
I watched her give her last dollar and quit in utter defeat.
然后 她还有一件事要告诉我
And then, she had one more thing to teach me.
她说
Then she said,
现在一切都回到了盒子里”
“Now it all goes back in the box.”
“所有的房子 旅馆”
“All those houses and hotels.”
“所有的铁路和公用事业公司 所有的财产以及所有这些美妙的钱 ”
“All the railroads and utility companies, all that property and all that wonderful money.”
“现在一切都回到了盒子里”
“Now it all goes back in the box.”
我不想回到盒子里
I didn’t want it to go back in the box.
“不行”她说
“No,” she said,
“没有什么是你的”
“None of it was really yours.”
“这段时间你对它已经太过热心了”
“You got all heated up about it for a while,”
“你在董事会的位置已经很久了 即使你离开了 它还会在那里”
“but it was around a long time before you sat down at the board, and it will be here after you’re gone.”
“人来人往”
“Players come and players go.”
“最后一切都回到盒子里”
“But it all goes back in the box.”
房子 车子
Houses and cars,
名誉 衣裳
Titles and clothes,
粮仓满满 投资膨胀 甚至你的身体
Filled barns, bulging portfolios, even your body.
因为现实是 所有我抓住的 消费的 贮藏的最终都会回到盒子里
’cause the fact is, that everything I clutch and consume and hoard is gonna go back in the box.
我还是会输掉一切
And I’m gonna lose it all.
这并不是一个很大的投资回报率
That’s not much of an ROI on that.
你必须问自己:
You have to ask yourself:
当你最终得到晋升的时候
When you finally get the ultimate promotion,
当你最后购买的时候
When you’ve made the ultimate purchase,
当你买最后的房子的时候
When you buy the ultimate home,
当你贮藏财政担保时
When you have stored up financial security
在通往成功的阶梯往上爬 到你能爬上去的最高的位置上去
And climbed the ladder of success to the highest rung you can possibly climb it,
激动的心情渐渐消失
And the thrill wears off,
会渐渐消失
And it will wear off,
然后呢?
Then what?
在你看到它通向哪里之前 你要走多远?
How far you have to walk down that road before you see where it leads?
当然你会明白的 这永远不够
Surely you’ll understand, it will never be enough.
所以你必须问自己这个问题
So you have to ask yourself the question.
什么才重要?
What matters?

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

从《大富翁》里悟出的人生道理。人生啊 难懂啊

听录译者

?

翻译译者

Sallyzhe

审核员

瞌睡虫儿

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSAVN-nYSLI

相关推荐