ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

制造闪电的实验室 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

制造闪电的实验室

The Lab That Makes Lightning (Warning: Contains Flashing Lights)

警告:视频内含闪光
Warning :Contains Flashing Lights
我们都在户外见过闪电
We’ve all seen lightning outside.
但你在四米远处看闪电时
But when you see it from four metres,
这是完全不一样的体验
it’s a completely different experience.
有时我们会测试数百万伏的闪电
We would test sometimes for million of volts of lightning
你可以看到一道约四米高的闪电
and you would see a good four-metre lightning bolt.
那场景真令人难忘
That’s very impressive.
世界上很少有地方
There’s not a lot of places within the world
能让你做这样的事
that can actually do this kind of thing
我觉得
and I think
对于我们来自哪里 这将是一个非常明显的启示
this is going to be quite a revelation in terms of where we’re coming from.
Wired原创
Wired Originals
制造闪电的实验室
The Lightning Lab
我是Vidyadhar Peesapati博士
My name is Dr. Vidyadhar Peesapati.
我在曼彻斯特大学的
I work here at The High Voltage Lab at
高压实验室工作
the University of Manchester.
它是英国最大的高压实验室 任何大学都比不上
It’s the UK’s the largest voltage lab for any university
我们可以测试所有
and we are able to test anything that goes
接入输电网络的设备
on to the electrical grid here.
大部分时间我们测试电力设备
Most of the time we’re testingelectrical equipment that’s either
包括已经接入和即将接入电网的设备
been on the network or might go on the network.
为了理解设备老化的过程
To understand how equipment ages,
我们尽量模仿户外的环境
we try to mimic the conditions that you see outside.
下雨或刮风
That could be rain, that could be wind,
或许是时间久了老化
that could be long-term ageing.
你在高速路上看到的大型电缆塔
The large pylons you see on the highway
大约有40万伏
are around 400,000 volts.
现在 我们在实验室实景模拟这些电压
Now within this lab we can actually mimic those voltages.
有时我们会把电压再提高一点
Sometimes we’ll push it a bit further aswell.
用闪电多次撞击电缆塔
We might hit it with lightning a couple
看我们是否能
of times and we will try to see if we can
提前预测故障
predict failure before it happens.
一旦有故障 就会断电
If failure happens you’ve got a blackout.
最不希望出现的情况是城市大规模停电
The last thing you want is a blackout in a big city.
医院 住宅和工业皆连通着电网
You have hospitals, houses, industry being connected.
所以提前监控故障至关重要
So it’s actually vital to be able to monitor these even before they happen.
现在你不会想呆在
Now you don’t want to be inside
有着闪电的地方
even when there’s a lightning bolt,
你可不想
because the last thing you want
触摸高压碰及的东西
to do is touch something that’s at
这样做可能会致命
high voltage, which could be fatal.
我们最好呆在控制室
It’s better for us to stay in this control room.
如今的工程师将会决定
Engineers of today will be deciding the network
未来五十或六十年的电网
in the next 50, 60 years.
我认为未来的电网会是家用电网
I see the future network as an electrical household,
我是这样畅想的
is what I’d like to call it.
我们将所有可再生能源接入到住宅
We’d all having renewables connected to our houses
太阳能电池板或风力发电机
so we could have a solar panel, we could have a
未来我们所有人都会
wind turbine. All of us could become a generating station
拥有发电站
in the future if you
设想这样一天 你有一辆电动汽车
think you have an electrical car and you’re plugging it
你把它连上电网
onto the network on a day
你不用时
when you don’t use it,
你很有可能会把能源输送到电网
you might be able to actually give that energy to the network.
化石燃料正在减少
Fossil fuels are being cut down, rightly so.
我们得找到
We have to find better ways
发电的更好方法
of generating power.
我们得找到更高效的用电方式 这是关键
We have to find better ways of using power, which is key.
任务艰巨 但实验室仍能解决大难题
The questions are immense and this lab will still fit into that big question.
最重要的是
It’s vital that we understand,
我们每一个人 在家庭中
each and every one of us, in our households
要懂得如何用电以及它对我们未来的影响
how we use electricity and how it is going toimpact our future.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频由闪电引出话题,进而介绍了曼彻斯特大学的高电压实验室。在那,你可以检测电力设备,做研究。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

子非韩

审核员

审核员_JO

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHVaXXy0hlk

相关推荐