未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

选择职业的调研方法

The Informational Interview: Researching a Career

没错 朋友们 蕾哈娜是对的
Well guys, Rihanna was right.
你得工作 而不是在舞池摇摆
You gotta work, and not just on the dance floor.
今天 我们要谈职业选择最有用的一个办法
Today we’re talking about one of the most useful ways to figure out your career choices.
如果你想过从事某项工作但又对此不太了解
If you’ve thought about pursuing a certain job, but don’t know that much about what
试试来一场试探性面试吧!
it’s like, try seeking an informational interview!
假设一下 你一直想成为牛仔或是牛仔女郎
Let’s say that you’ve always wanted to be, for example, a cowboy or cowgirl.
现在 我们会指导你在牛仔领域找到
Well, here we’ll guide you through some steps to finding an informational interview
一场试探性面试的几个步骤
in the cowboy industry.
别担心 这些建议适用于多种专业领域的
But don’t worry, this advice applies to informational interviews across a broad spectrum
试探性面试
of professional fields.
我们选择“牛仔” 因为相较于险损估价师这让我们可以戴上更酷的帽子
We just picked “cowboy” because they get to wear cooler hats than, say, insurance adjusters.
对不住了 险损估价师
Sorry, insurance adjusters.
你也来点噱头吧
Step up your hat game.

Okay.
第1步:确定试探性面试
Step 1: Figure out what an informational interview is and is not.
试探性面试是指询问某人 获得职位的详细信息
An informational interview is asking someone to tell you in-depth about their job so you
你也可以此决定 工作是否如你所愿
can decide if it’s the kind of thing you’d like to do, too.
试想一下 有人能给你更佳的建议
Think of it as reaching out to a human who can give you better information than just
而非简单在网上搜索
a Google search.
记住 试探性面试不是工作面试
Remember, an informational interview is NOT a job interview.
其目的是了解如何成为牛仔而非让他们给你提供工作
The idea is to learn about being a cowboy, not to convince them to give you a job.
选择试探性面试的人
It might be best to pick an informational interview with someone who doesn’t work
最好不在你想工作的那家农场就职
for the exact same ranching operation you want to apply to work for.
虽然如果他们之后认为你符合要求想要雇佣你
If they decide later that you seemed like a real go-getter and they want to hire you,
很棒 但那不应该是你的目标
that’s great, but it should not be your goal.
第2步:寻找牛仔 请求面试
Step 2: Find a cowboy to ask for an interview.
先问问你认识的人 再问问周围的人
Start with people you know, and ask around.
你的朋友、家人、老师或教授是否可以让你
Do you have any friends, family, teachers or professors who could put you in touch with
联系上一位牛仔?
a cowboy?
这样开始 是最好的
That’s the best place to start.
如果找不到牛仔 上网查查找到一个能联系到的人
If a cowboy can’t be found, then do a little bit of research and find one to reach out to.
去找拥有农场的牛仔进行面试可能不会是个好主意
It’s probably not a good idea to try to ask for an interview from the cowboy who owns
因为那个人可能非常繁忙
the ranch, because he or she might be super busy.
试试找这类牛仔已经成为牛仔一段时间
Try to pick someone who’s been cowboying a little while but still has the time to sit
但仍旧有空与你交流
down with you.
第3步:巧妙地请求面试
Step 3: Ask for the interview tactfully.
如果你找的是陌生人先用LinkedIn或电子邮件联系
If you’re approaching a stranger, try messaging them on LinkedIn or sending an email.
强调你只是想进行一场试探性面试
Emphasize that you’re only seeking an informational interview.
大多数人会受宠若惊因为他们喜欢谈论自己的工作
Most people will be flattered, because most people love talking about their jobs.
但是你也可能会碰到一些牛仔他们忙于照料牛群 无暇顾及你
But still, you might encounter cowboys who are too busy roping calves to meet with you.
试试在交友app Tinder上找一场面试吧拒绝总是难免的
Think of asking for an interview like swiping through Tinder: there’s always going to
但是你只需要一个“同意” 就可以得到一次机会
be a little bit of rejection, but it only takes one “yes” to get you a date.
在这里 机会就是面试
Or in this case…an interview.
第4步:面试前 准备一些问题
Step 4: Prepare a few questions before you go in.
把问题写在笔记本上带着笔记本进行面试
It helps to write them out on a notebook and bring it to the interview in case you forgot
可以帮助你记住 自己想要询问的内容
what you wanted to ask.
你的目标是 面试接受后你明白了牛仔这份工作的真实情况
Your goal is to come away with an understanding of what the cowboy’s job is really like,
包括工作的缺陷
including the downsides.
问问牛仔什么人最适合做牛仔
Ask the cowboy what kind of people are best suited for cowboying, and what kind of people
以及什么人做不好牛仔
don’t do well at it.
这会让牛仔告诉你哪些性格特质有助于成为牛仔
That will prompt the cowboy to tell you what kind of personality traits are useful.
第5步:不要放鸽子!
Step 5: Show up to the interview!
我曾经应当严格遵照这一点
I was supposed to do that one sternly.
表现出你尊重牛仔的时间和精力
Show that you respect the cowboy’s time and energy.
准时进行面试、礼貌、别问太久
Arrive on time to the interview, be polite, and don’t try to keep them too long.
面试结束后 表示感谢!
After the interview, thank them!
第6步:利用你刚了解的信息决定成为牛仔是否适合你
Step 6: Use your newfound knowledge to decide whether being a cowboy is right for you.
如果你有关于工作纠纷的小贴士或技巧或者想让我们谈及某个话题
If you have any job-wrangling tips or tricks, or have a topic you’d like us to cover,
在下方评论框内 留下你的想法吧
leave us your thoughts in the comments below.
如果你希望和我以及汉克一起了解成长请访问YouTube.com/LearnHowToAdult
And if you want to learn more about adulting with Hank and I, go to YouTube.com/LearnHowToAdult
并订阅!
and subscribe!

Yeehaw
我喜欢雇佣真正勤奋工作的人如果有人有推荐
I like to hire people who are really hard workers, so when people have references then
那就联系我聊一聊吧
we’ll speak to that.
最难的部分是朝九晚五一直保持有创新工作成果
The hardest part is keeping creatively productive within a 9 to 5 workspace.
实习是寻求各类经验的极佳办法
Internships are a really great way to find any sort of experience.
特别是摄影工作你可以真正获得工作
Camera operating specifically… you can actually get work as a production assistant and spend
类似助理导演这就有时间与实际工作者进行接触
time around people who are doing that job.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

问问别人 总比在网上搜索实在 如何问 怎么问 来看看视频就知道了

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

王楠鑫

审核员

Ah~Qiu

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqo0IsStelk

相关推荐