A lot of you’ve been asking us to debunk health fads
so we went to LA to meet our friend, Grace Heldig,
and try some of the weirdest wellness trends
and search for the world’s healthest drink.
首先 是喜来芝 由印度传统药物调制
At first, it is Shilajit, using traditional Indian medicine.
Study showed that the main active ingredient
folic acid can help with Alzheimer’s disease
and it may also help with kidney stones.
But some of the claims can’t quite be backed up
比如说能让记忆更好 心情更佳 更聪明
like it gives you better memory, mood or sharp intelligence.
– All right, let’s do it.- Shall we do it?
– Okay, cheers!
– Oh! – Oh! – Oh!
– Oh, hahahahahaha.
喝起来就像 呃 土一样的东西
– It tastes like…… uhm some sort of earthly element.
灰 不太确定 加了水的灰
– Like dust? I don’t know, you know, like liquid dust?
– Wait, what is it?
– Okay, some people call this sweat of rocks, cuz it decomposes into rocks.
– Basically, in many ways, it is like eating soil.
– Those compost.
– We just drank compost!
其实 所有这些说法 都没强有力的证明
Basically, all of these claims, have no significant evidence to back them up
and on the flip side, it can actually cause toxicity
because they’ve found heavy metal ions in them
and, in some cases, traces of mercury and arsenic.
It’s a beautiful brown color.
– Serious?- Saw it at Urban Outfitters, thirty bucks!
-Oh!-Oh, that’s nice.
– Compare to the dirt water, this is the light one.
– This is like, straight up yes.
So this is popularized by Gwyneth Paltrow Goop, have you heard of that?
– Oh, big time!
That’s the dumbest name of a newsletter that you can ever hold!
Essentially, it is like a supplement.
So it just has random nutrients and chemicals in it.
You align with the cosmic flow of great achievement.
What the f**k does that mean?
– What I think is they just put them there to sound smart. It confuses people.
– Cuz then where is the part that ‘woah’s?
– It’s like when I say I’m a digital entrepreneur, right?
Researchers have found that photosynthetic pigment in E3 Live
does have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
This is very similar to dark leafy greens, like spinach
which are really rich in antioxidants.
E3 Live is a bacteria, and although it itself is not toxic
it has been found to have toxic strings within it.
Some of these toxins can actually be deadly in wild animals and people
and also it has been linked to increased tumors in mice and liver cancer.
– Do you want to start the drink this time?- Of course, I do!
– E3 Live!- Good luck, everyone!
– We are just kidding! We played you so hard!
（活性E3） 那个真不行 对人体有害
– That one was a bad one. It can do bad things to people.
– In this, there is activated silicon.
– What do you think that it will do?
Though silicon brings up images of plastic surgery or nanotechnology
this chemical element is found in several of our foods and fluids
and it is related to good bone health.
But since it is found in so many foods
包括谷类 香蕉 啤酒 甚至是饮用水
including cereals, bananas, beer, and even the water we drink
no human has ever reported a silicon deficiency.
– Here you go.- Okay.
– Why would I do this when I can have a beer?
– Just drink beer.- Right.
– This is the quintessential LA stereotype.
– That’s your green card?- Yeah, exactly.
– Okay, that’s a great juice.
– Anti-cancer. That’s a lot to claim.
– One of the claims is just ‘bladder.’
这个 RX 意思是处方
– This ‘Rx’ means prescription.
是的 这上面写着 饮品处方
– Yeah, and it says ‘Juicecription.’
– Oh my god!
– These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA
These products are not intended to treat, diagnose
cure, or prevent any disease.
– But it just said anti-cancer!
– Yes, cuz you can get away with claiming whatever you want as long as
as long as you have that disclaimer on the back somewhere.
– You could say like, this will make you never die,
and then be like, this is not an actual claim.
– So, while we were at LA, we actually did get our hands on
what is a legendly the world’s healthest drink
and got to try it.
This amazing beverage brings oxygen and nutrients to the
cells of your body, helps regulate body temperature
cushions joints, regulates your metabolism
and gets rid of wastes in the body.
– This is straight up water.- It’s water!
– Oh, damn it!
– And all those claims are true!
– So, water is the healthest drink in the world.
That’s what we’ve come to the conclusion of.
– Don’t forget to drink water.
– So that wraps up our search for the healthiest drink in the world.
– Thank you so much!
– Hopefully you feel extremely healthy/maybe we are gong to die.
– Who knows, but I am so hungover and this was so necessary.
So thank you very so much.
You don’t know what amount of good you just did for me.- Bye!