未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

宠物带给你的健康生活

The Health Benefits of Having a Pet

Nearly 85 million US families have at least one pet.
美国有近8500万个家庭拥有至少一只宠物
Animals can provide unconditional love,
动物能给予我们无条件的爱
but did you know they’re also good for your health?
但你知道它们对健康也有好处吗?
This is what one of our very own employees had to say about her furry friend.
我们的一位员工谈起她的毛茸茸朋友时这样评价
My name is Michelle
我叫Michelle
and I have an emotional support dog named Gordon.
我的狗Gordon是我的情感支持
I’ve had Gordon for three years
Godon陪伴我有三年了
and he goes with me everywhere, including to work.
到哪儿它都跟着我 包括去工作
[cameras clicking]
[相机快门声]
My production job can be fast-paced
我的工作节奏很快
and, well, at times, stressful.
而且有时压力很大
Gordon helps me manage any anxiety I experience
Gordon能帮我缓解我的任何焦虑
with his calm demeanor and his happy personality.
用他那平和的态度和乐观的性格
I don’t know what I would do without him.
真不知道没有他 我该怎么办
[audience applauds]
[观众掌声]
Michelle and Gordon both join us
Michelle和Gordon都来到了现场
as well as our good friend and colleague,
还有我们的好朋友兼同事
Dr. Freda Lewis-Hall of Pfizer,
辉瑞首席医学官Lewis-Hall博士
here to help explain the health benefits of having a pet.
来为我们解答养宠物对我们健康的好处
So I have to say, Michelle,
我不得不说 Michelle
Gordon is very, very cute, very well-behaved,
Gordon非常 非常可爱 非常乖
but tell us why you need an emotional support animal.
但告诉我们 你需要一只动物作为情感支持的理由吧
Well when I was 21 I was diagnosed with a genetic heart condition
我21岁时被诊断患有先天性心脏病
and when my heart rate accelerates
当我心率加速时
it can cause palpitations and abnormal heartbeats,
就会导致心悸和心跳异常
so I do take medication for it,
所以我一直在进行药物治疗
but Gordon is a great way to naturally reduce my heart rate.
但Gordon能很好地让我的心率自然减缓
Studies have found that having a pet
研究发现 养一只宠物
may be good for your heart.
对你的心脏是有好处的
For example, owning a dog is associated with
比如 养一只狗可以
lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels,
降低胆固醇和甘油三酯的水平
and we know that that can reduce the risk of having a heart attack,
而我们知道 那可以减少患心脏病的风险
and of course what’s more
当然更重要的是
is having a pet around can help boost your mood,
身边有个宠物能帮助改善你的情绪
make you feel less lonely, and help you with that stress.
能缓解你的孤独 还能帮助你缓解压力
I can acknowledge that.
我赞同这点
I was as a first-year med student
当我还是医学院一年级生时
and I adopted my dog, Nala, from a rescue shelter,
我从一处救助收容所里收养了我的狗Nala
and she helped lower my stress throughout med school.
而她缓解了我在学医时的压力
And I ended up, instead of studying in the library all day long,
当我停下学习 不用在图书馆学习一整天的时候
I would sit outside with her.
我会和她一起坐在外面
And so I look back at those times as some of the best
回想起来 那是我最美好的一段时光
because I had my dog by my side.
因为有我的狗陪着我
What’s been found is that dog owners
研究发现 养有狗的人
are more than twice as likely to get about 20 minutes
每天进行约20分钟适量运动的可能性
of moderate exercise a day when compared to non dog owners.
与不养狗的人相比 是其两倍以上
And having a dog gets you out and about,
而且养只狗能促使你外出活动
you’re meeting new people,
结识新朋友
and that can have a health benefit
而这会有益于健康
because loneliness has been linked to poor health outcomes
因为孤独会导致健康状况不佳
and even to earlier death.
甚至是早逝
And that’s one reason why therapy dogs are sometimes brought into hospitals or nursing homes.
这也是医院或养老院有时引入治疗犬的一个原因
They can certainly help reduce patients’ loneliness as well as anxiety.
它们的确有助于缓解病人的孤独和焦虑
Humans, look, we’re naturally drawn to companionship
你们看 我们人类天生渴望陪伴
and the power of touch is
而触摸的力量是
such an important part of what we call the pet effect.
我们所称的宠物力量中重要的一部分
It’s been shown that blood pressure can even go down when people pets a dog.
研究表明 养宠物狗的人血压甚至会下降
Pets can make you happy and that is good for your health,
宠物能让你开心 而那对你的健康有好处
and it is clear that Gordon brings you happiness.
显然Gordon带给了你快乐
He definitely does.
确实如此
He’s also made me very popular at work.
他还使我在工作中很受欢迎
Everyone is always coming to my desk and hanging out with Gordon
大家经常到我的办公桌逗Gordon玩
and they come up to us when we’re out and about,
我们外出时他们也会来找我们
and we do travel together
然后大家一起出游
and when I’m away from home,
当我在外时
he is just like a constant source of comfort and makes me very calm.
他就像是我的安慰源泉 让我感到无比平静
And you know you are not alone.
所以你知道自己并不孤单
A survey showed that 74% of 2,000 pet owners
一项调查显示 2000名宠物主人中有74%的人
that were surveyed reported improvements in mental health.
据调查报告 他们的心理健康都有所改善
And it’s not just for us adults.
而且不只是我们成年人
Pets may also be good for the health of kids.
宠物同样有利于孩子的健康
One study found that dogs can help children with ADHD increase their focus,
一项研究发现 狗能帮助多动症儿童增强注意力
and having a pet in the home during the first year of life
而且在婴儿一岁期间 家里有只宠物
may prevent allergies later on.
或许能让孩子在今后避免过敏
But of course the decision to get a pet should not be taken lightly.
当然不能轻易做出养宠物的决定
It was recently reported that some puppies may be carrying bacteria
最近有报道称 一些小狗或许携带细菌
that may be resistant to antibiotic treatment,
这些细菌可能对抗生素治疗有抗性
so you have to pay attention to those things as well.
所以你也得当心这些事
That’s right, and not every pet is for everybody.
对 不是所有宠物都适合每个人
Households that have children under the age of five
对于有5岁以下儿童的家庭
should not have reptiles, frogs, backyard poultry.
不应该养爬行动物 青蛙 庭院家禽
Because the germs that they may spread
因为它们可能会传播病菌
can potentially be harmful to young children.
这些病菌对幼儿有潜在危害
And for people who have weakened immune systems,
还有对于免疫功能低下的人
it’s also especially important,
同样特别重要的是
they should be extra cautious in both choosing and handling pets.
他们要格外注意宠物的选择和饲养
And I’ll add one more and in there.
在这里我要加一条
If you think you may be pregnant, avoid changing cat litter
如果你认为你可能怀孕了 请不要换猫砂
or adopting a new cat or handling strays,
或收养一只新的猫 或接触流浪动物
especially kittens. Why?
尤其是小猫 为什么?
Cats can carry a parasite that can cause birth defects.
猫可能携带一种能导致先天缺陷的寄生虫
Yeah, and wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands,
是的 需要洗手 洗手 再三洗手
because that will help make sure that any germs that a pet may have,
因为这样才能确保 万一宠物携带任何病菌
you can reduce the spread of that.
你都能减少病菌的传播
There’s lots of information about pets
这里有很多信息是关于宠物
and their relationship to your health,
和它们与你的健康的关系
and so you can go to GetHealthyStayHealthy.com for that
你可以访问GetHealthtStayHealthy.com 获取相关信息
and while you’re there you can sign up for a monthly newsletter.
还可以注册登录 来获得每月时讯
And Michelle, I have to ask,
Michelle 我必须得问
because Gordon has been so good,
因为Gordon这么乖巧
can I give Gordon a little somethin’ ?
我能送Gordon一点东西吗?
Yes, of course, he’d love it. Gordon, look, he has–
当然可以 他会喜欢的 Gordon 快看 他有——
-Gordon– – Okay I’m gonna give him a hug, you give him a treat.
-Gordon -很好 我要给他一个拥抱 而你给他一块零食
You see that? You’re so good, you’re so good.
你看到了吗?你真的很棒 很可爱
He’s so well-behaved.
他太乖巧了
-But Michelle, thanks for being here sharing your story. -Thank you very much.
-Michelle 感谢你来这儿分享你的故事 -非常感谢
[applauding] Gordon, thank you for coming,
[掌声] Gordon 感谢你的到来
you did so well.
你做得很好
And Dr. Freda, always a pleasure.
Freda博士 和您聊天很开心

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

宠物不仅会毫不保留的奉献自己的爱,而且还能提升你的身心健康。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

......

审核员

审核员LR

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDt-_F_CBHQ

相关推荐