ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

英国警察的礼仪 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

英国警察的礼仪

The English Officers Policing Politeness

[解说员]幻想购物?
– [Narrator] Fancy going shopping?
停下来!
– Stop!
不 不 不不要在伯灵顿拱廊街吹哨
No, no, no, no whistling in the Burlington Arcade.
[解说员]呃 你是谁?
– [Narrator] Uh, who are you?
我们是柏林顿侍卫
– We are the Burlington’s Beadles,
也许是世界上最古老规模最小的警察机关
probably the oldest and smallest police force in the world.
可以说 我们监督你们的礼仪
You could say, that we police your manners.
[解说员]好的 我知道了
– [Narrator] Right, okay.
监督礼仪一个伟大的故事
Mark.Lord柏林顿拱廊街侍卫的老大
Well, Mark Lord, Head Beadle of the Burlington Arcade,
告诉我们你的故事
tell us your story.
侍卫的故事开始于-
– The Beadles’ story started-
[解说员]在我们进入正题之前
– [Narrator] Before we get into that,
侍卫是做什么的?
what actually is a Beadle?
说实在的 我估计没人了解这个职业
– To be honest with you, I don’t think anybody really knows.
我们比这个国家的任何警察机关都成立得早
We predate any police force in the country.
[解说员]好的 继续说你的故事吧 Mark
– [Narrator] Right, back to the story, go ahead, Mark.
柏林顿的故事开始于这个拱廊
– The Beadles’ story started at this arcade.
[解说员]拱廊?
– [Narrator] Arcade?
在这儿赌博?
Are there games here?
不是
– No.
(开怀大笑)
(hearty chuckle)
[解说员]所以 这里正像一个购物中心一样对吗?
– [Narrator] So, it’s just like a shopping center right?
是的
– Yes.
[解说员]好吧 第三次运气会好的 Mark
– [Narrator] Okay, third time lucky, go ahead Mark.
柏林顿的故事开始于1819年3月20日
– The Beadles’ story started on the 20th of March 1819.
伦敦非常不同 人们没有真正
London was very different, people didn’t really
相信水质 所以他们喝金酒或啤酒
trust the waters, so they drank either gin or beer
这明显导致了一种特定的行为
and obviously that leads to a certain type of behavior.
因此侍卫的任务 实际上是让
So the Beadles’ role, really was to keep
所有这些远离拱廊 事实上
all that from the arcade and in fact,
这种传统延续至今
that tradition has carried on all the way through to today.
我们的制服有好几层
Our uniforms are made up of several different layers.
首先 我们先穿上背心
We first of all, put on our waistcoats,
然后是礼服大衣夏秋季戴上大礼帽
then our frock coats and our top hats in the summer
在冬天 仍然是
or the autumn, in the winter, you’ll still
穿上背心
put on your waistcoats, you will
再披上披肩 然后戴上大礼帽
then put on your cape and your top hat.
最初这儿的规则是 禁止吹哨
The original rules here were, no whistling
因为扒手会给另一个同伙吹信号
because the pickpockets will whistle signals to one another.
禁止醉酒 禁止演奏乐器
No drunkenness, playing musical instrument,
你不应该急匆匆地走路 这不像是
you’re not supposed to hurry, it’s ungentleman-like
绅士或女士所为 搬运你自己的包裹时
or unlady-like, carry your own parcels,
你不能用自行车运 无伴侣的女士
you mustn’t bring a bicycle. Unaccompanied ladies
顺便一提 也是不允许入内的
by the way, weren’t also allowed in.
现在 许多规则我们不能执行了
Now, lots of those rules we couldn’t enforce today.
我们仍尝试执行禁止匆忙行走的指令
We’ve still tried to enforce the no hurrying,
我们也仍尝试执行禁止吹哨的指令
we still try to enforce the no whistling,
这些都是关于行为举止的 只要你尊敬周围的建筑
it’s all about behavior, as long as you’re respecting
尊敬拱廊
those around you and respecting the arcade,
你将不会孤独
you’ll be left alone.
当我穿上制服时
When I put this uniform on, I represent
我尊敬近200年历史价值
nearly 200 years worth of history.
这使我无限自豪 是的
Makes me immensely proud, yeah, I wanna stay
说实在的 我想呆在这直到退休
until I retire, if I’m honest with you.
这是真的
That’s actually true by the way,
不仅仅是说说而已
it isn’t just the spill.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

柏林顿拱廊街的故事柏林顿侍卫的历史走进去瞧瞧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

传声筒

审核员

审核团HN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEzGluLHIFc

相关推荐