未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

2亿人的梦,梦之颠

The dream we haven't dared to dream | Dan Pallotta

当我想到梦想时
When I think about dreams,
与很多人一样
like many of you,
我会想到这个画面
I think about this picture.
八岁时我看见尼尔·阿姆斯特朗
I was eight when I watched Neil Armstrong
走出登月舱 踏上了月球表面
step off the Lunar Module onto the surface of the Moon.
前无古人
I had never seen anything like it before,
后无来者
and I’ve never seen anything like it since.
我们登月的原因很简单:
We got to the Moon for one simple reason:
肯尼迪总统向大家承诺了最后期限
John Kennedy committed us to a deadline.
如果没有这个最后期限
And in the absence of that deadline,
我们可能还只是在做梦
we would still be dreaming about it.
伦纳德·伯恩斯坦说过
Leonard Bernstein said two things
伟大的成就有两个必要条件
are necessary for great achievement:
一个计划和不太够的时间
a plan and not quite enough time.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
最后期限和承诺
Deadlines and commitments
伟大却被遗忘的一课
are the great and fading
这就是阿波罗
lessons of Apollo.
是他们定义了什么叫“射月思维”
And they are what give the word “moonshot” its meaning.
我们的世界迫切需要一些
And our world is in desperate need of political leaders
原意为再次实现像阿波罗般规模的大胆梦想
willing to set bold deadlines
设立大胆期限的政治领导人
for the achievement of daring dreams on the scale of Apollo again.
当我想到梦想
When I think about dreams,
我会想到洛杉矶的异装皇后和石墙事件
I think about the drag queens of LA and Stonewall
和那些数以百万 不顾一切危险
and millions of other people risking everything
勇敢站出来的人们
to come out when that was really dangerous,
也会想到最终美国白宫 也装扮上了彩虹色
and of this picture of the White House lit up in rainbow colors,
是的
yes —
(掌声)
(Applause) —
这是为了庆祝美国同性恋公民有权利结婚
celebrating America’s gay and lesbian citizens’ right to marry.
这是我18岁时从未想过的
It is a picture that in my wildest dreams
最疯狂的一个画面
I could never have imagined when I was 18
那时我知道自己是同性恋
and figuring out that I was gay
感觉被自己的国家遗弃
and feeling estranged from my country
也因此抛弃了自己的梦想
and my dreams because of it.
我想到我全家人的这张照片
I think about this picture of my family
这是我以前从未奢求过的
that I never dreamed I could ever have —
(掌声)
(Applause) —
我们的孩子可以拿着这样的报纸头条
and of our children holding this headline
我从未梦想过这样的最高法院裁决会被印在报纸上
I never dreamed could ever be printed about the Supreme Court ruling.
我们需要更多异装皇后和宇航员那样的勇气
We need more of the courage of drag queens and astronauts.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
(掌声)
(Applause)
但是我想说我们需要梦想
But I want to talk about the need for us to dream
不止一个维度
in more than one dimension,
因为八岁时我并不知晓
because there was something about Apollo
阿波罗计划的事情
that I didn’t know when I was 8,
关于阿波罗 以及构成那些彩虹色的颜色
and something about organizing that the rainbow colors over.
30位“水星”“双子星”和“阿波罗”先遣计划的宇航员中
Of the 30 astronauts in the original Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs,
其中只有七人的婚姻得以留存
only seven marriages survived.
那些宇航员在月球表面弹跳的标誌性画面
Those iconic images of the astronauts bouncing on the Moon
掩盖了地球上的酗酒和抑郁
obscure the alcoholism and depression on Earth.
托马斯·默顿 一位特拉比斯特派的僧人
Thomas Merton, the Trappist monk,
在阿波罗计划期间题问过
asked during the time of Apollo,
“如果我们都不能跨越彼此间的鸿沟
“What can we gain by sailing to the moon
去月球我们能得到什么呢?”
if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves?”
即使有了结婚的权利 我们得到的是甚么
And what can we gain by the right to marry
如果我们都无法克服别人的恶语相向
if we are not able to cross the acrimony
和情感的疏离 而使我们与爱人渐行渐远?
and emotional distance that so often separates us from our love?
不仅仅是婚姻方面
And not just in marriage.
我见过最痛苦、最毁灭
I have seen the most hurtful, destructive,
最悲剧的暗战发生在同性恋、艾滋病
tragic infighting in LGBT and AIDS
乳癌患者和非盈利组织之中
and breast cancer and non-profit activism,
都是以爱的名义
all in the name of love.
托马斯·默顿在关于先哲的战争中也写到
Thomas Merton also wrote about wars among saints
“当今有一种普遍的当代暴力形式
and that “there is a pervasive form of contemporary violence
是理想主义者最容易屈服的:
to which the idealist most easily succumbs:
行动主义和过度疲劳.
activism and overwork.
行动主义的疯狂(忙碌)抵消了我们为和平所做的努力
The frenzy of our activism neutralizes our work for peace.
它摧毁了我们自身内心的和平”
It destroys our own inner capacity for peace.”
太多时候我们的梦想变成了被划分开的对某些
Too often our dreams become these compartmentalized fixations
未来的癖恋
on some future
而摧毁我们过好当下的能力
that destroy our ability to be present for our lives right now.
我们这些 让某些人将来有更好的生活的梦想
Our dreams of a better life for some future humanity
或让其他国家的人有更好的生活的梦想
or some other humanity in another country
让我们忽视了此刻就坐在我们身边的
alienate us from the beautiful human beings sitting next to us
可爱之人
at this very moment.
好吧 我们说这就是进步的代价
Well, that’s just the price of progress, we say.
你可以去月球
You can go to the Moon
或者你可以有一个稳定的家庭生活
or you can have stability in your family life.
在同一時間 鱼与熊掌不可兼得
And we can’t conceive of dreaming in both dimensions at the same time.
当涉及到感情生活的时候
And we don’t set the bar much higher than stability
我们没有奢望太多 简单稳定即可
when it comes to our emotional life.
这就是为什么我们相互交谈的技术
Which is why our technology for talking to one another
呈直线上升
has gone vertical,
但是我们相互倾听和理解的能力
our ability to listen and understand one another
却丝毫没有提高
has gone nowhere.
我们得到信息的通道是直达屋顶的
Our access to information is through the roof,
我们获得快乐的通道却停留在地面
our access to joy, grounded.
但是这种我们的现在和未来不可兼得的想法
But this idea, that our present and our future are mutually exclusive,
要为发挥我们的潜力而做 就得放弃
that to fulfill our potential for doing we have to surrender
我们存在的巨大潜力
our profound potential for being,
电路版上的晶体管数 可以翻倍再翻倍
that the number of transistors on a circuit can be doubled and doubled,
但是我们同情、仁慈、平和与爱的能力
but our capacity for compassion and humanity and serenity and love
却被限制
is somehow limited
这是一个完全错误的而且令人窒息的选择
is a false and suffocating choice.
现在 我不是在建议
Now, I’m not suggesting
仅仅要更多地平衡工作与生活
simply the uninspiring idea of more work-life balance.
如果心不在焉
What good is it for me to spend more time with my kids at home
我花更多的时间与孩子呆在家有什么意义呢?
if my mind is always somewhere else while I’m doing it?
我现在也不是在讲专注
I’m not even talking about mindfulness.
专注就是能突然变成提高效率用的工具
Mindfulness is all of a sudden becoming a tool for improving productivity.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
对吧?
Right?
我现在讲的是梦想
I’m talking about dreaming
是大胆的梦想
as boldly in the dimension of our being
就像我们在工业和技术中 那样大胆地天马行空
as we do about industry and technology.
我在讨论一种无畏的真情
I’m talking about an audacious authenticity
让我们可以为彼此流泪
that allows us to cry with one another,
我在讨论一种伟大的谦逊 让我们摘下面具真诚相待
a heroic humility that allows us to remove our masks and be real.
正是因为我们缺乏互相沟通的能力
It is our inability to be with one another,
因为我们由于害怕不敢互相哭诉
our fear of crying with one another, that gives rise to so many
才会出现很多诸如国会僵局、经济不人道等
of the problems we are frantically trying to solve in the first place,
我们一直在疯狂解决的问题
from Congressional gridlock to economic inhumanity.
(掌声)
(Applause)
我在说乔纳斯·索尔克所提出的B时代
I’m talking about what Jonas Salk called an Epoch B,
在新的B时代 我们对于人性的发展
a new epoch in which we become as excited about and curious about
会变得像对现在的科技发展
and scientific about the development of our humanity
一样兴奋 好奇和严谨
as we are about the development of our technology.
我们不能因为不了解
We should not shrink from this opportunity
就放弃这样的机会
simply because we don’t really understand it.
以前我们也不了解太空
There was a time when we didn’t understand space.
或是因为我们更习惯于 科技和忙碌主义
Or because we’re more used to technology and activism.
这就是我们被困在舒适区的定义
That is the very definition of being stuck in a comfort zone.
我们现在很舒服地想象着不可思议的科技发展
We are now very comfortable imagining unimaginable technological achievement.
2016年 到需要我们考虑我们的人性本身
In 2016, it is the dimension of our being itself
能在我们的梦想之中占据一席之地的程度了
that cries out for its fair share of our imagination.
各位今天来这里 都是要追逐梦想的
Now, we’re all here to dream,
如果我们彼此真诚以待
but maybe if we’re honest about it,
我们都可以追逐自己的梦想
each of us chasing our own dream.
我们环顾周围人的名牌 看有谁帮我完成梦想
You know, looking at the name tags to see who can help me with my dream,
我们有时候会相互忽视对方
sometimes looking right through one another’s humanity.
抱歉我现在不想被打扰 我正在思考如何拯救世界
I can’t be bothered with you right now. I have an idea for saving the world.
对吧?
Right?
(笑声)
(Laughter)
几年前 我曾经设立了这样一个美好的公司
Years ago, once upon a time, I had this beautiful company
为英勇的“公民参与”创造了这些漫长旅途
that created these long journeys for heroic Civic Engagement.
我们的座右铭是:
And we had this mantra:
与人为善 于己为善
“Human. Kind. Be Both.”
我们鼓励大家积极行善
And we encouraged people to experiment outrageously with kindness.
比如 行动起来帮大家搭帐篷吧
Like, “Go help everybody set up their tents.”
然后很多帐篷就支起来了
And there were a lot of tents.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
“给大家买冰棍”
“Go buy everybody Popsicles.”
“帮助需要的人补车胎”
“Go help people fix their flat tires
哪怕要花更多时间排队等晚饭
even though you know the dinner line is going to get longer.”
人们真的开始这样积极地帮忙
And people really took us up on this,
以至于如果你在为艾滋病慈善活动骑行的过程中爆胎了
so much so that if you got a flat tire on the AIDS ride,
你修不了 但这时有很多人来问你
you had trouble fixing it, because there were so many people there asking you
是否需要帮助
if you needed help.
几天中 我们为上万人
For a few days, for tens of thousands of people,
创造了这样的世界
we created these worlds
每个人都说这就是他们想要的世界
that everybody said were the way they wish the world could always be.
如果我们可以在接下来的日子 一直创造这样的世界
What if we experimented with creating that kind of world
会怎样呢?
these next few days?
当你走近一个人不要问 你是做什么的?
And instead of going up to someone and asking them, “What do you do?”
而是这样问 你的梦想是什么?
ask them, “So what are your dreams?”
或者你的红楼残梦是什么?
or “What are your broken dreams?”
“TED”就是关心每一个人的梦想
You know, “TED.” Tend to Each other’s Dreams.
(掌声)
(Applause)
也许梦想就是“我想要戒酒”
Maybe it’s “I want to stay sober”
或者“我想和我的孩子建造一个树屋”
or “I want to build a tree house with my kid.”
与其去趋炎附势
You know, instead of going up to the person everybody wants to meet,
不如雪中送炭
go up to the person who is all alone
问他们是否想要来杯咖啡
and ask them if they want to grab a cup of coffee.
我想我们最害怕的是
I think what we fear most
我们自己放弃了我们与生俱来
is that we will be denied the opportunity to fulfill our true potential,
可以真正实现我们潜力的梦想
that we are born to dream
我们也许到死都没有这个机会
and we might die without ever having the chance.
想像一下在一个世界中
Imagine living in a world
我们意识到我们很害怕彼此
where we simply recognize that deep, existential fear in one another
意识到我们又大胆地爱着彼此 因为我们知道
and love one another boldly because we know
人类就是伴随着那种害怕而活着
that to be human is to live with that fear.
是时候让我们同时 从不同的方向一起梦想
It’s time for us to dream in multiple dimensions simultaneously,
有时会超越了所有我们能、我们会、我们必须做的
and somewhere that transcends all of the wondrous things
奇妙事
we can and will and must do
我们会得到人生的真谛
lies the domain of all the unbelievable things we could be.
是时候让我们朝新的方向探索
It’s time we set foot into that dimension
然后得出结论 我们也有梦想
and came out about the fact that we have dreams there, too.
如果月亮会做梦
If the Moon could dream,
我想那将会是关于我们的梦
I think that would be its dream for us.
与各位相聚是一种荣幸
It’s an honor to be with you.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如果没有坏人,我们就能帮助那些有梦想的人,这时的人与人之间更加相亲相爱,那些我们还没有勇气追逐的梦想,就会实现

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Ljimnn

审核员

瞌睡虫儿

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsnKwmW0dk

相关推荐